fuckingshitbag (resized).jpg
20211202_093448 (resized).jpg
20220215_135417 (resized).jpg
20211202_095806 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
4314765E-0018-46CF-99D2-9772C3D81BD6.gif
fa51c59a6b7c278fa32e055f460306a56532e7a6 (resized).jpg
s-l400 (resized).jpg
woodys-roundup-disney-freestanding_1_857f14a28e03a405884231f12cfdcaeb (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2022-09-18 at 4.44.22 AM (resized).png
IMG_0280 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1560 (resized).jpeg
1E51ED02-BDAE-4515-83FA-1759D9224AB9 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,824 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 57.
#2801 11 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

But unlike video games, there is little/no opportunity to actually look at the screen! Is there?
I agree the large LCD is "cool" and no doubt attracts folks in an arcade, but in the home playing solo it's of limited value. I did like the phone screen on Dialed-In (in terms of getting feedback and instructions). The virtual images to shoot for were also a clever use of PF screens that made DI unique and cool...homage to Pinball 2000?
JJP definitely majors in awesome LCD graphics, I just don't know if they benefit the player much, that all.

The big screens allow a lot more real estate to show progress of the game. JJP typically fills up that space to show everything you'd want to know.

Where on many Stern games, you have to sit with the ball cradled for a few seconds for the menus to pop up and then you have to flip through 12 different menus to get the information you need. It's painful.

For this reason, I disagree, and think the bigger screens do add value. That being said, for a simpler game like TS4, there really isn't as much going on in the background to keep track of.

I also find that screens on the playfield are a nice touch too. As you can quickly look at them mid game without needing to cradle. You can shoot a ramp, look at the playfield screen and get the information you need, all before the ball drops to your lane. I find this much harder to do with backbox displays.

#2802 11 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Got any more crack? You are probably the only person in the world that would pick TS4 over GZ. Lol. TS4 will never ever even think about hitting the top 50, let alone dethroning the King? Good lord man..Glad you enjoy it though..

Untrue. I did. Godzilla does nothing for me.

#2803 11 days ago

If you don't like the giant backbox screen, move on - JJPs ain't for you.

They aren't going to change it (or at least I hope they don't, it's part of what I like.)

#2804 11 days ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

So 2.

#2805 11 days ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

I thought I was the only one.

It's a fine game, just not for me. I don't care for the theme at all.

#2806 11 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I thought I was the only one.
It's a fine game, just not for me. I don't care for the theme at all.

Great game. Layout. Have one. Theme is not my favorite either.

#2807 11 days ago

The screen size is one of the best features of JJP. GNR rock concert, yep. Wonka, fantastic, plenty of availability to watch screen

#2808 11 days ago

maybe jjp toy story ce is not that out of line. sterns 007 le is 13,000 ??

#2809 11 days ago

I like all the screen sizes. I think Stern is trying to keep the old school look with smaller screen...they both work for me.

#2810 11 days ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

The big screens allow a lot more real estate to show progress of the game. JJP typically fills up that space to show everything you'd want to know.
Where on many Stern games, you have to sit with the ball cradled for a few seconds for the menus to pop up and then you have to flip through 12 different menus to get the information you need. It's painful.
For this reason, I disagree, and think the bigger screens do add value. That being said, for a simpler game like TS4, there really isn't as much going on in the background to keep track of.
I also find that screens on the playfield are a nice touch too. As you can quickly look at them mid game without needing to cradle. You can shoot a ramp, look at the playfield screen and get the information you need, all before the ball drops to your lane. I find this much harder to do with backbox displays.

I think the problem with Stern LCD displays is more about the font size and UI design...not the absolute size of the screen. I owned DILE for years and never felt like it was giving me much more info than I get on Stern games.

Just to be clear, I agree the larger LCD adds some value...I think we just disagree on exactly how much. I'm not a fan of video modes and while the ball is in play, that's where you are focused. The GNR concert footage is insanely cool, but it's not possible to watch a concert and play the game concurrently. More for spectators and/or other players...

#2811 11 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

if you aren't on drugs you need to start taking them

Yep, something a crack dealer would say…meanwhile, you failed to acknowledge that I deal in facts while you have no choice but to keep falling back on opinions…

#2812 11 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I owned DILE for years and never felt like it was giving me much more info than I get on Stern games.

Agree, but that's programming not screen size. DI size is used for displaying animations more than information which is a let down. On the flip side I'm borrowing a TMNT (uff) and the way they display some info on the side I wish it was a larger screen Again, probably just could use diff'rent color/size/fonts do be better displayed.

#2813 11 days ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

…meanwhile, you failed to acknowledge that I deal in facts ...

I always hope trolls at least get they're trolls and are having fun with it instead of seriously that deranged.
fuckingshitbag (resized).jpg

#2814 11 days ago

Yep, something a crack dealer would say…meanwhile, you failed to acknowledge that I deal in facts while you have no choice but to keep falling back on opinions…

You are a poor judge of pinball machines.

#2815 11 days ago
Quoted from rai:

You are a poor judge of pinball machines.

No you are.

#2816 11 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I always hope trolls at least get they're trolls and are having fun with it instead of seriously that deranged.
[quoted image]

Wrong dummy…ratings are opinions…no surprise that TS4 haters can’t grasp the distinction…

#2817 11 days ago

Bwahaaha!

#2818 11 days ago

Whoa, nice to know that GZ deserves to be even higher, with these nonsense scores factored out.

#2819 11 days ago

Wrong dummy…ratings are opinions…no surprise that TS4 haters can’t grasp the distinction…

The ONLY opinion that matters on a pin is your own.
Not podcasters, not Pinside, not even the Pinside Top 100.

If you like a game, great. If you don't like it, it's not for you. Both positions are perfectly reasonable and valid.

#2820 11 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The ONLY opinion that matters on a pin is your own.
Not podcasters, not Pinside, not even the Pinside Top 100.
If you like a game, great. If you don't like it, it's not for you. Both positions are perfectly reasonable and valid.

Not according to the TS4 haters…the are so desperate to justify their opinions on the game…it’s pretty sad…

#2821 11 days ago

Not according to the TS4 haters…the are so desperate to justify their opinions on the game…it’s pretty sad…

Waste of their time to post it and your time to read it.

#2822 10 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Ahh, never heard anyone complain about those.

I'm not complaining about LCD screens in general, I think they are great. I just think the size of JJ screens are obtrusive to the classic look of pinball games pushing it towards virtual pinball or a PS5 game.

Honestly it looks so crammed in there, too me it looks like a Homebrew project that way, but I guess I just enjoy a more classic look with speakers right there, like stern has kept.
For that reason, i'm out!

#2823 10 days ago

It looks s little homebrew from the inside, but outside is fine

#2824 10 days ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Whoa, nice to know that GZ deserves to be even higher, with these nonsense scores factored out.

Thankfully we have thoughtful and unbiased raters like m00nmuppet, who have played every edition of every new title, to help offset all of those bogus scores.

123 (resized).JPG124 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
11,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Blanc Township, MI
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Santa Rosa, CA
$ 420.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
There are 2,824 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 57.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!