20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 61.
#2801 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

But unlike video games, there is little/no opportunity to actually look at the screen! Is there?
I agree the large LCD is "cool" and no doubt attracts folks in an arcade, but in the home playing solo it's of limited value. I did like the phone screen on Dialed-In (in terms of getting feedback and instructions). The virtual images to shoot for were also a clever use of PF screens that made DI unique and cool...homage to Pinball 2000?
JJP definitely majors in awesome LCD graphics, I just don't know if they benefit the player much, that all.

The big screens allow a lot more real estate to show progress of the game. JJP typically fills up that space to show everything you'd want to know.

Where on many Stern games, you have to sit with the ball cradled for a few seconds for the menus to pop up and then you have to flip through 12 different menus to get the information you need. It's painful.

For this reason, I disagree, and think the bigger screens do add value. That being said, for a simpler game like TS4, there really isn't as much going on in the background to keep track of.

I also find that screens on the playfield are a nice touch too. As you can quickly look at them mid game without needing to cradle. You can shoot a ramp, look at the playfield screen and get the information you need, all before the ball drops to your lane. I find this much harder to do with backbox displays.

#2802 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Got any more crack? You are probably the only person in the world that would pick TS4 over GZ. Lol. TS4 will never ever even think about hitting the top 50, let alone dethroning the King? Good lord man..Glad you enjoy it though..

Untrue. I did. Godzilla does nothing for me.

#2803 1 year ago

If you don't like the giant backbox screen, move on - JJPs ain't for you.

They aren't going to change it (or at least I hope they don't, it's part of what I like.)

#2804 1 year ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

So 2.

#2805 1 year ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

I thought I was the only one.

It's a fine game, just not for me. I don't care for the theme at all.

#2806 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I thought I was the only one.
It's a fine game, just not for me. I don't care for the theme at all.

Great game. Layout. Have one. Theme is not my favorite either.

#2807 1 year ago

The screen size is one of the best features of JJP. GNR rock concert, yep. Wonka, fantastic, plenty of availability to watch screen

#2808 1 year ago

maybe jjp toy story ce is not that out of line. sterns 007 le is 13,000 ??

#2809 1 year ago

I like all the screen sizes. I think Stern is trying to keep the old school look with smaller screen...they both work for me.

#2810 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

The big screens allow a lot more real estate to show progress of the game. JJP typically fills up that space to show everything you'd want to know.
Where on many Stern games, you have to sit with the ball cradled for a few seconds for the menus to pop up and then you have to flip through 12 different menus to get the information you need. It's painful.
For this reason, I disagree, and think the bigger screens do add value. That being said, for a simpler game like TS4, there really isn't as much going on in the background to keep track of.
I also find that screens on the playfield are a nice touch too. As you can quickly look at them mid game without needing to cradle. You can shoot a ramp, look at the playfield screen and get the information you need, all before the ball drops to your lane. I find this much harder to do with backbox displays.

I think the problem with Stern LCD displays is more about the font size and UI design...not the absolute size of the screen. I owned DILE for years and never felt like it was giving me much more info than I get on Stern games.

Just to be clear, I agree the larger LCD adds some value...I think we just disagree on exactly how much. I'm not a fan of video modes and while the ball is in play, that's where you are focused. The GNR concert footage is insanely cool, but it's not possible to watch a concert and play the game concurrently. More for spectators and/or other players...

#2811 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

if you aren't on drugs you need to start taking them

Yep, something a crack dealer would say…meanwhile, you failed to acknowledge that I deal in facts while you have no choice but to keep falling back on opinions…

#2812 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I owned DILE for years and never felt like it was giving me much more info than I get on Stern games.

Agree, but that's programming not screen size. DI size is used for displaying animations more than information which is a let down. On the flip side I'm borrowing a TMNT (uff) and the way they display some info on the side I wish it was a larger screen Again, probably just could use diff'rent color/size/fonts do be better displayed.

#2813 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

…meanwhile, you failed to acknowledge that I deal in facts ...

I always hope trolls at least get they're trolls and are having fun with it instead of seriously that deranged.
fuckingshitbag (resized).jpgfuckingshitbag (resized).jpg

#2814 1 year ago

Yep, something a crack dealer would say…meanwhile, you failed to acknowledge that I deal in facts while you have no choice but to keep falling back on opinions…

You are a poor judge of pinball machines.

#2815 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

You are a poor judge of pinball machines.

No you are.

#2816 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I always hope trolls at least get they're trolls and are having fun with it instead of seriously that deranged.
[quoted image]

Wrong dummy…ratings are opinions…no surprise that TS4 haters can’t grasp the distinction…

#2818 1 year ago

Whoa, nice to know that GZ deserves to be even higher, with these nonsense scores factored out.

#2819 1 year ago

Wrong dummy…ratings are opinions…no surprise that TS4 haters can’t grasp the distinction…

The ONLY opinion that matters on a pin is your own.
Not podcasters, not Pinside, not even the Pinside Top 100.

If you like a game, great. If you don't like it, it's not for you. Both positions are perfectly reasonable and valid.

#2820 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The ONLY opinion that matters on a pin is your own.
Not podcasters, not Pinside, not even the Pinside Top 100.
If you like a game, great. If you don't like it, it's not for you. Both positions are perfectly reasonable and valid.

Not according to the TS4 haters…the are so desperate to justify their opinions on the game…it’s pretty sad…

#2821 1 year ago

Not according to the TS4 haters…the are so desperate to justify their opinions on the game…it’s pretty sad…

Waste of their time to post it and your time to read it.

#2822 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Ahh, never heard anyone complain about those.

I'm not complaining about LCD screens in general, I think they are great. I just think the size of JJ screens are obtrusive to the classic look of pinball games pushing it towards virtual pinball or a PS5 game.

Honestly it looks so crammed in there, too me it looks like a Homebrew project that way, but I guess I just enjoy a more classic look with speakers right there, like stern has kept.
For that reason, i'm out!

#2823 1 year ago

It looks s little homebrew from the inside, but outside is fine

#2824 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Whoa, nice to know that GZ deserves to be even higher, with these nonsense scores factored out.

Thankfully we have thoughtful and unbiased raters like m00nmuppet, who have played every edition of every new title, to help offset all of those bogus scores.

123 (resized).JPG123 (resized).JPG124 (resized).JPG124 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#2825 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Thankfully we have thoughtful and unbiased raters like m00nmuppet, who have played every edition of every new title, to help offset all of those bogus scores.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That is some funny shit!Obvious fan boy!Hey bashing TS4 is so yesterday let’s all go over and help disappointed citizens bash James Bond!! Looks fine to me by the way.

#2826 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That is some funny shit!Obvious fan boy!Hey bashing TS4 is so yesterday let’s all go over and help disappointed citizens bash James Bond!! Looks fine to me by the way.

So are you in or out for Bond?

#2827 1 year ago

I played TS the other day. Thought it was decent. Maybe it was luck, but the game didn't seem to be a ball drainer like some. I wouldn't buy the game because it's too much of a carnival gimmick/theme.

#2828 1 year ago
Quoted from Petes0281:

I wouldn't buy the game because it's too much of a carnival gimmick/theme.

2 might be a bit much

#2829 1 year ago
Quoted from Petes0281:

I played TS the other day. Thought it was decent. Maybe it was luck, but the game didn't seem to be a ball drainer like some. I wouldn't buy the game because it's too much of a carnival gimmick/theme.

Just a wallet drainer.

#2830 1 year ago

I'm sorry to say the price hike on this game was the nudge to get me disinterested in pinball.
It's not that I can't afford it, it's that it's not worth it to me any more at these prices.

It looks like Stern is following suit too so...oh well, I'll find something else to do.

#2831 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

So are you in or out for Bond?

Na man Bond sucks It’s just a box of lights with a big dildo!LOL

#2832 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm sorry to say the price hike on this game was the nudge to get me disinterested in pinball.
It's not that I can't afford it, it's that it's not worth it to me any more at these prices.
It looks like Stern is following suit too so...oh well, I'll find something else to do.

You do realize pinball existed before 2016, right? Must be tough keeping up with the Jones's type when you can't keep up with the jones or don't want to.

You are a collector, not a player, and thats ok!

#2833 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Just enjoy the games you have!That ‘s what I try to do and be grateful !
I know how you feel about the crazy pricing that’s happening and it’s sad that it’s got this bad.It really does make me feel sad that I can’t afford any new pins and even older titles are crazy nowadays.Keep on rockin in the free world brother

#2834 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I know how you feel about the crazy pricing that’s happening and it’s sad that it’s got this bad.It really does make me feel sad that I can’t afford any new pins and even older titles are crazy nowadays.Keep on rockin in the free world brother

Hes not a pinball enthusiast, he an asset collector.

#2835 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You are a collector, not a player, and thats ok!

You *really* don't know me.

I have over 15K plays on Wonka, 4K on guns and around 12K on Pirates across 3 machines.
I make streams and tutorial videos to help explain the rules and nuance.

I am absolutely a player, not a collector. I keep a small number of games that I play deeply into rather than a large collection that I play once each.

#2836 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

My first pin was SW Pro for $5800, which felt like an incredibly wasteful extravagance for one game.
That set the bug which got me into Pirates ($9500) then upgraded to CEs at $12500.

At 15K for a CE that's almost 3x the initial investment I made into pinball, and it's just not worth that (to ME.)

Kudos to people who make so much money they don't care. I never begrudge anyone's success and in fact I celebrate it.

For me these prices make me feel exploited and taken advantage of.

#2837 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Hes not a pinball enthusiast, he an asset collector.

An "asset collector" with 3 games? Ok.

#2838 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

A fanboy calling a fanboy a fanboy, classic.

#2839 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You *really* don't know me.
I have over 15K plays on Wonka, 4K on guns and around 12K on Pirates across 3 machines.
I make streams and tutorial videos to help explain the rules and nuance.
I am absolutely a player, not a collector. I keep a small number of games that I play deeply into rather than a large collection that I play once each.

I got one have always enjoyed your tutorial videos. I still want a wonka after watching how much you enjoy yours. I wish TS4 was a must buy for me like I planned on it being for years, but maybe I’ll look a a wonka now instead. I’m with you on nib pricing as well. Getting harder to get newer games even huo these days.

#2840 1 year ago

Finally played it tonight. I thought it was a fun game. Just didn't blow me away and the price of the Le is ridiculous. I will wait to see if I like Richies The Godfather before I think about getting another JJP

#2841 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Incredible rankings, yes, I like very much

4AAB5686-06A9-4FB7-9FF2-8087070FC550.gif4AAB5686-06A9-4FB7-9FF2-8087070FC550.gif
#2842 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

[quoted image][quoted image]

?? I totally stand by those scores, recent JJP's are not good in my opinion. They play like floaty mush, the way old Atari widebodies feel. The rulesets are either confusing (PoTC) or not-fun (GnR) or anemic (TS4). I am also factoring in price. I think JJP is the worst of the big manufacurers, especially with code. They bury their design shortcomings through lightshows and a big LCD (or two). Playing their machines alongside Sterns, they seem in disrepair and unfinished. I'm not alone in feeling this way about JJP, Keith Elwin said the mushy JJP flipper response made him feel like he was trying to play drunk. The PoTC at Ayce Gogi played so badly, I swear this video came to mind:

And at least I'm being honest about my estimates, the ones who are doing a disservice to the ratings are the TS4 sellers who spam the reviews with "You won't believe how happy it will make your family, you should buy one today! 9.85!"

#2843 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

A fanboy calling a fanboy a fanboy, classic.

What did you say?

5F545367-416D-4959-B1C8-301D93AD95FF (resized).jpeg5F545367-416D-4959-B1C8-301D93AD95FF (resized).jpeg
#2844 1 year ago
Quoted from Petes0281:

I wouldn't buy the game because it's too much of a carnival gimmick/theme.

This coming from someone who has FunHouse as his profile picture and is the game you own.

#2845 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What did you say?
[quoted image]

Love me some Deadwood

93676F7D-4B58-48D1-96F9-FC7AD114447F.gif93676F7D-4B58-48D1-96F9-FC7AD114447F.gif
#2846 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Come on dude don't let them ruin your fun! Your not a man who seems easy to control dig in, keep your games, and keep on playing them F the new games.

Thanks for all you do for the community, you are a good person Derek (

#2847 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My first pin was SW Pro for $5800, which felt like an incredibly wasteful extravagance for one game.
That set the bug which got me into Pirates ($9500) then upgraded to CEs at $12500.
At 15K for a CE that's almost 3x the initial investment I made into pinball, and it's just not worth that (to ME.)
Kudos to people who make so much money they don't care. I never begrudge anyone's success and in fact I celebrate it.
For me these prices make me feel exploited and taken advantage of.

By design, CE's are priced to exploit the collector community. I've never considered a CE and rarely go for the LE's. Paying up for purely aesthetic differences never made sense to me (TRON LE is a notable exception).

Nevertheless, I couldn't agree more with your comment about feeling exploited in general! I'm not a topper guy (and don't own or care about Mando), but the newly introduced 2k topper just makes me shake my head. Stern will likely limit the production number and prices will likely go north of 2k. https://sternpinball.com/2022/10/19/stern-pinball-launches-new-the-mandaloriantm-topper-pinball-machine-accessory/

Fortunately, I love my collection and could care less if I never buy/trade another game.

#2848 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Come on dude don't let them ruin your fun! Your not a man who seems easy to control dig in, keep your games, and keep on playing them F the new games.
Thanks for all you do for the community, you are a good person Derek (

I appreciate the kind words. I'll certainly keep what I have (and in fact have a trade deal happening to get me into a Lebowski.)

But most importantly...

IMG_0280 2 (resized).jpegIMG_0280 2 (resized).jpeg
#2849 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

An "asset collector" with 3 games? Ok.

I never said I was one. Im a player and can stand to "play" old games. You sour on pinball overall because of pricing? Theres more to pinball than the price, just saying.

#2850 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I never said I was one. Im a player and can stand to "play" old games. You sour on pinball overall because of pricing? Theres more to pinball than the price, just saying.

No you called me an asset collector which is crazy for anyone who knows me.

The prices have jumped to the point that it’s not worth it to me any more. Simple as that. It was already nuts but I did it anyway. Now it’s crazy town.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Wanted
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Olive Township, NJ
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Orleans, LA
14,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out/page/57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.