20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 61.
#2751 1 year ago

If you ran JJP and your last pin gnr LEs first run and CEs was being resold for a few thousand more. Ofcourse you raise prices to get rid of the scalpers. I would rather have JJP get all the money than leave some on the table for others. That's where stern makes mistakes. TS4 has 18 mechs and 1 virtual on the LCD. Mini game has a objective to do to increase tiki multi ball jackpots. So it counts.

#2752 1 year ago

I own A TS4 CE and a Godzilla Premium along with a number of other pins. While waiting for the CE and reading this thread I was seriously debating whether to get TS4. After getting it and playing, I find it to be an enjoyable game. It’s “smoother” and “slower paced” than my Sterns. The lighting and overall quality is excellent. I’m not sure it’s $15,000.00 excellent. My guests who do not play a lot of pinball all seem to enjoy the game. It would not be the first pin I would recommend, it is definitely not on par with Godzilla which may be one of the best pinballs produced to date. Still it’s fun, overpriced in a I can’t believe I paid that much for a pinball machine way, but somehow you can accept that fact and move beyond it. You will decide it’s a fun attractive pinball machine. Not your favorite, but different enough to make you say, I’m happy to be able to have one.

#2753 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

I'm sorry but I can't understand why an adult would buy this unless for their child. I think the movies were great, but I'm an adult and have no interest to ever play this.

Why be limited to only adult themes? I have never seen a Pokémon cartoon but if a Pokémon pinball won game of the year and I enjoyed playing it, I would probably educate myself in the world of Pokémon (so I could enjoy it even more) and consider buying the machine. I did this with Godzilla. Didn’t know what a Kaiju was before seeing the game.

I’m excited to have TBL, RM, GZLE and TS4CE all next to each other. I don’t consider any of those to be adult or kid exclusive. They are just good games with good themes.

#2754 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I agree with everything except that TS4 was a misstep.
I think TS4 is fun and well designed. I think the rules flow was a conscious, different, and good decision.
I think the pricing was relative to market, with recent Stern increases, and value of their manufacturing (bottleneck).
We all hate $10k+ pinball prices but if people can somehow justify Stern LE games are worth $10k, JJP LE games are definitely worth $2500 more.
Like most things on pinside, the current negativity is overblown as people attempt to justify passing on it. It will diffuse over time... again.

Are you smoking crack?

#2755 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:I'm sorry but I can't understand why an adult would buy this unless for their child. I think the movies were great, but I'm an adult and have no interest to ever play this.

To each their own.... I certainly have friends and family who think, "but I can't understand why an adult would buy this unless for their child. I think the movies were great, but I'm an adult and have no interest to ever play this" ..... about **ALL** of my games. No matter how "mature" you think the theme is... about 85% of the country is going to think you are immature for owning a machine designed to take quarters from kids. So I try not to judge.

#2756 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

To each their own.... I certainly have friends and family who think, "but I can't understand why an adult would buy this unless for their child. I think the movies were great, but I'm an adult and have no interest to ever play this" ..... about **ALL** of my games. No matter how "mature" you think the theme is... about 85% of the country is going to think you are immature for owning a machine designed to take quarters from kids. So I try not to judge.

Great point! Folks that continue to think the Toy Story movies are "only for kids" are seriously misguided.

#2757 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

but if people can somehow justify Stern LE games are worth $10k, JJP LE games are definitely worth $2500 more.

Making sense right up till then

#2758 1 year ago

The story on TS4 is that JJP released a bland layout that was lacking toys (ironically) with shallow code and completely mishandled the license by releasing a TS4 carnival game instead of the Toy Story 1-3 game that everyone wanted. And then they charged a ridiculous price for it. The cheapest model was more expensive than a Godzilla LE. And now Stern is releasing Bond, which is (ironically pt. 2) filled with cool toys.

#2759 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

The story on TS4 is that JJP released a bland layout that was lacking toys (ironically) with shallow code and completely mishandled the license by releasing a TS4 carnival game instead of the Toy Story 1-3 game that everyone wanted. And then they charged a ridiculous price for it. The cheapest model was more expensive than a Godzilla LE. And now Stern is releasing Bond, which is (ironically pt. 2) filled with cool toys.

You hit the nail on the head.

IMO JJP had a window when nothing new was out and some people got to have the newest pin.

#2760 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Making sense right up till then

Agree to disagree. Godzilla is their most desirable game and they're making a million of them. $9k for a premium (fine) and $15k for an LE now? For "collectability"? Ok. Lol...

#2761 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Agree to disagree. Godzilla is their most desirable game and they're making a million of them. $9k for a premium (fine) and $15k for an LE now? For "collectability"? Ok. Lol...

Godzilla LE was $10.5k, filled with cool mechs and cheaper than the standard version of TS4. https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/stern-insider-godzilla-le

#2762 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

And 15 grand is better spent on that, then TS4 by a long shot.

Really. Yall should stop comparing TS4 to GZ for anything, cause TS4 had nothing over GZ, save for MSRP.

Still out.

#2763 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

... $9k for a premium (fine) and $15k for an LE now? For "collectability"? Ok. Lol...

Sure if you are making up the 15K that isn't really the price I guess it makes sense. You already claimed it was 10K before

#2764 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Why be limited to only adult themes? I have never seen a Pokémon cartoon but if a Pokémon pinball won game of the year and I enjoyed playing it, I would probably educate myself in the world of Pokémon (so I could enjoy it even more) and consider buying the machine. I did this with Godzilla. Didn’t know what a Kaiju was before seeing the game.
I’m excited to have TBL, RM, GZLE and TS4CE all next to each other. I don’t consider any of those to be adult or kid exclusive. They are just good games with good themes.

My little pony might be the greatest game ever, but I don't think i'm going to change my life to get into it.

Toystory IS a great movie, I just don't see any appeal in this game, and TS4 at that, it just seems odd that they chose number 4 but what do I know. The game is loud to look at.

#2765 1 year ago

Just pick up a TS4 LE @ Pinballs.com/Automated services and it is good pin. I do have a lot of pins so this will be fine in my collection. I adjusted the flipper strength ^ and sling strength ^ to my liking and have it at a pretty step pitch and it plays fantastic.

Had a few family friends over to play tonight and the feed back was fantastic. Ages 12 to 75 and everyone had a blast on it! *Note none of them had seen a review or have a pinside account. Just open minded playing.

#2766 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Just pick up a TS4 LE @ Pinballs.com/Automated services and it is good pin. I do have a lot of pins so this will be fine in my collection. I adjusted the flipper strength ^ and sling strength ^ to my liking and have it at a pretty step pitch and it plays fantastic.
Had a few family friends over to play tonight and the feed back was fantastic. Ages 12 to 75 and everyone had a blast on it! *Note none of them had seen a review or have a pinside account. Just open minded playing.

As it should be! Never let anyone else define your experience.

#2767 1 year ago

Yeah, it's a good point to remember. On a family and friends night, TS4 would be a good time, especially the colorful light show and animations. On Pinside it's nearly always the mindset of pinball company [X] is asking me to spend [Y] dollars on a game that contains [Z].

#2768 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Let em know you paid 12 large lol

#2769 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

If you ran JJP and your last pin gnr LEs first run and CEs was being resold for a few thousand more. Ofcourse you raise prices to get rid of the scalpers. I would rather have JJP get all the money than leave some on the table for others. That's where stern makes mistakes. TS4 has 18 mechs and 1 virtual on the LCD. Mini game has a objective to do to increase tiki multi ball jackpots. So it counts.

No use stating facts here…the average pinside TS4 hater continues to believe Godzilla has a higher BOM even though TS4 has double the number of coils…hence their “no value” argument against TS4…you’re just asking to get down voted…those of us who actually play it know better of course…and never mind that “shallower” games like MM Royal & Big Lebowski continue to sell used versions for higher prices than TS4….but like I said, the TS4 haters don’t let facts get in the way of a good story…and will down-vote such statements…watch and see…

#2770 1 year ago

My little pony might be the greatest game ever, but I don't think i'm going to change my life to get into it.
Toystory IS a great movie, I just don't see any appeal in this game, and TS4 at that, it just seems odd that they chose number 4 but what do I know. The game is loud to look at.

And most people would consider the old school Godzilla theme absolutely irrelevant in modern culture…to argue that TS4 has less appeal is clearly a pinside only opinion…

#2771 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

And most people would consider the old school Godzilla theme absolutely irrelevant in modern culture…to argue that TS4 has less appeal is clearly a pinside only opinion…

No, ratings matter and even after you were warned, you compared it to GZ. Lol. Flynn broke down the whole coil argument, you should understand what he says.

Again, TS4 and Godzilla. Some people and their mental gymnastics.

Still out.

#2772 1 year ago

Show me on the doll where Godzilla touched you lol.

Modern Culture? FFS the latest Godzilla was a few years ago and its been around for decades and will outlive woody and the spoon for decades to come.

Some peoples kids.

#2773 1 year ago

More coils...

fa51c59a6b7c278fa32e055f460306a56532e7a6 (resized).jpgfa51c59a6b7c278fa32e055f460306a56532e7a6 (resized).jpg
#2774 1 year ago

Toy Story 4 LE for $12k?

4314765E-0018-46CF-99D2-9772C3D81BD6.gif4314765E-0018-46CF-99D2-9772C3D81BD6.gif

#2775 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Show me on the doll where Godzilla touched you lol.
Modern Culture? FFS the latest Godzilla was a few years ago and its been around for decades and will outlive woody and the spoon for decades to come.
Some peoples kids.

What part of your brain has trouble processing the term “old school”?

#2776 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

No, ratings matter and even after you were warned, you compared it to GZ. Lol. Flynn broke down the whole coil argument, you should understand what he says.
Again, TS4 and Godzilla. Some people and their mental gymnastics.
Still out.

Flynn’s breakdown boiled down to a confirmation of my statement: TS4 has more than double the number of coils as GZ….sorry to break it to ya, but BOM is a factor in pricing…but keep on hatin’…it’s fun to watch…

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2777 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

No, ratings matter and even after you were warned, you compared it to GZ. Lol. Flynn broke down the whole coil argument.

It's so weird. It's like if a fan of the Thunderbirds pin kept insisting, "but it has 60% more wire under the playfield than Deadpool!"

#2778 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

On the slingshots do decrease or increase the milliseconds to get them better? What flipper strengths you have them set to?

Thanks

#2779 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Yeah, it's a good point to remember. On a family and friends night, TS4 would be a good time, especially the colorful light show and animations. On Pinside it's nearly always the mindset of pinball company [X] is asking me to spend [Y] dollars on a game that contains [Z].

Of course, since we are the crazies buying these beasts! When "family and friends" are being *treated* to experience [X], it's really easy to see how they would have fun. What's not fun about free pinball??? Or anything, for that matter (playing games, eating, swimming, etc.). Feed 'um Domino's pizza...chances are they will love that free experience as well, despite the fact that Domino's pizza sucks.

#2780 1 year ago

Flynn’s breakdown boiled down to a confirmation of my statement: TS4 has more than double the number of coils as GZ….sorry to break it to ya, but BOM is a factor in pricing…but keep on hatin’…it’s fun to watch…[quoted image]

We all know by now though that more coils doesn’t necessary mean a better or an even more loaded game. Same goes for value.

Let’s compare motorized mechs, magnets, and detailed molds in GZ and Toy Story 4. Would you rather have 4 pop bumpers or a large motorized moving building with a motorized moving physical ball lock on top of it? Would you rather have a pop up bash toy (Gabby Gabby) or a motorized moving ramp that reveals a shot to a mechagodzilla mold with a magnet that captures the ball? Would you rather have a kick out shot or a breaking bridge mech? Would you rather have a ramp divertor or a magnetic newton ball mech? Would you rather the custom molds in GZ or the $20 Amazon cake toppers in Toy Story?

It’s toys, mechs, and molds in the examples above that help show coil count alone doesn’t mean more fun (or even more value). Motorized mechs, magnets, and molds mean just as much if not more then coils.

#2781 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

We all know by now though that more coils doesn’t necessary mean a better or an even more loaded game. Same goes for value.
Let’s compare motorized mechs, magnets, and detailed molds in GZ and Toy Story 4. Would you rather have 4 pop bumpers or a large motorized moving building with a motorized moving physical ball lock on top of it? Would you rather have a pop up bash toy (Gabby Gabby) or a motorized moving ramp that reveals a shot to a mechagodzilla mold with a magnet that captures the ball? Would you rather have a kick out shot or a breaking bridge mech? Would you rather have a ramp divertor or a magnetic newton ball mech? Would you rather the custom molds in GZ or the $20 Amazon cake toppers in Toy Story?
It’s toys, mechs, and molds in the examples above that help show coil count alone doesn’t mean more fun (or even more value). Motorized mechs, magnets, and molds mean just as much if not more then coils.

TS4 doesn't have long pauses through the play. The moving metal building is shit. It takes a beating on the space between the levels when it goes back up at the start of multi ball. The toy looks like Barney on crack. I put my own toy in. My premium is probably the only one that doesn't have the plastic piece broken under the bridge on route because I modded it. I'm glad I put a playfield protector on it. To prevent playfield wear from the shards of metal coming off the building and magna grab. TS4 feels more like a pinball machine gz feels like a video game with cheesy lines. Probably only 30 people have a shot at the main wizard mode without cheating. Might take 2+ hours to get there. I like them both. But it's easy to bash any machine.
20211202_095806 (resized).jpg20211202_095806 (resized).jpg20220215_135417 (resized).jpg20220215_135417 (resized).jpg20211202_093448 (resized).jpg20211202_093448 (resized).jpg

#2782 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

TS4 doesn't have long pauses through the play. The moving metal building is shit. It takes a beating on the space between the levels when it goes back up at the start of multi ball. The toy looks like Barney on crack. I put my own toy in. My premium is probably the one that doesn't have the plastic piece broken under the bridge on route because I modded it. I'm glad I put a playfield protector on it. To prevent playfield wear from the shards of metal coming off the building and magna grab. TS4 feels more like a pinball machine gz feels like a video game with cheesy lines. Probably only 30 people have a shot at the main wizard mode without cheating. Might take 2+ hours to get there. I like them both. But it's easy to bash any machine. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

When I saw that building, I thought, how will that survive the ball blasts in-between levels. Maybe need some high mil vinyl

#2783 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:We all know by now though that more coils doesn’t necessary mean a better or an even more loaded game. Same goes for value.

Freakboy will take gabby gabby all day long. Godzilla scares him i think!

#2784 1 year ago

Whats disapointing to me is the lack of wizard modes. Lack of interactive toys.
I would get bored with it within a month.

For me its perfect in hobbit(maybe would have more then three, but the way they are implemented is perfect).
I absolutely hate the fugly screen pinbal. That is just shite.

Two best rulesets are jp and hobbit.
If jp had full assets and a better looking playfield it would be very close to perfect.

#2785 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Whats disapointing to me is the lack of wizard modes. Lack of interactive toys.
I would get bored with it within a month.

Now wait a second.....just hold on.....don't judge TS4 until you've lifted the playfield and counted the coils on the underside.

#2786 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Of course, since we are the crazies buying these beasts! When "family and friends" are being *treated* to experience [X], it's really easy to see how they would have fun. What's not fun about free pinball??? Or anything, for that matter (playing games, eating, swimming, etc.). Feed 'um Domino's pizza...chances are they will love that free experience as well, despite the fact that Domino's pizza sucks.

You missed the point…the OP has many pins but the guests particularly enjoyed TS4…catch the distinction?

#2787 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Ummm everything you just wrote is “subjective”…I was referring to BOM which is Objective…to refresh your memory, the haters would have you believe TS4 is cheaper to make than a Godzilla Premium…that is objectively not remotely the case…and I for one absolutely cringe at the OG Godzilla theme…it’s just pure garbage to me…dude in a glorified monkey suit with cardboard buildings shot on a low res 70s camcorder is not enticing in the slightest…playing the game I appreciate the creativity & engineering but it is simply not fun due to the cringy theme…TS4 is simply in a superior league entirely…go check the cost and difficulty in attaining a license for TS4 vs the OG Godzilla license….night and day..there is a reason for that—it’s called the free market. It doesn’t lie.

#2788 1 year ago

Ummm everything you just wrote is “subjective”…I was referring to BOM which is Objective…to refresh your memory, the haters would have you believe TS4 is cheaper to make than a Godzilla Premium…that is objectively not remotely the case…and I for one absolutely cringe at the OG Godzilla theme…it’s just pure garbage to me…dude in a glorified monkey suit with cardboard buildings shot on a low res 70s camcorder is not enticing in the slightest…playing the game I appreciate the creativity & engineering but it is simply not fun due to the cringy theme…TS4 is simply in a superior league entirely…go check the cost and difficulty in attaining a license for TS4 vs the OG Godzilla license….night and day..there is a reason for that—it’s called the free market. It doesn’t lie.

Got any more crack? You are probably the only person in the world that would pick TS4 over GZ. Lol. TS4 will never ever even think about hitting the top 50, let alone dethroning the King? Good lord man..Glad you enjoy it though..

#2789 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Got any more crack? You are probably the only person in the world that would pick TS4 over GZ. Lol. TS4 will never ever even think about hitting the top 50, let alone dethroning the King? Good lord man..Glad you enjoy it though..

Your continual reference to crack explains your inability to distinguish opinions from facts….and also your affection for men in glorified monkey suits from the 50s…

#2790 1 year ago

You missed the point…the OP has many pins but the guests particularly enjoyed TS4…catch the distinction?

Multiple points are being expressed, sorry if that's upsetting to you. I'm sure there will be fans of TS4, and if you are one of them, have fun!

I consulted with Pixar during the development of Toy Story and REALLY wanted this game to be great...for me, it's a cool art package with lights. The shots, mechs, and audio (the essential stuff for more serious players) don't excite the pinball lover in me. Everyone is different...

#2791 1 year ago

Your continual reference to crack explains your inability to distinguish opinions from facts….and also your affection for men in glorified monkey suits from the 50s…

Let me put it this way if you are on drugs you need to get off drugs if you aren't on drugs you need to start taking them because you are nuts, for real.

And your affection for little kid themes is pretty creepy actually. Freakguy666 seems appropriate.

#2792 1 year ago

I have to get this off my chest right now.
The gigantic LCD screens on these machines just look so out of place, the fun of pinball are the mechanical aspects. Why ruin that with such a huge display that looks crammed into the cab and kills the classic look.

#2794 1 year ago

The gigantic LCD screens on these machines just look so out of place, the fun of pinball are the mechanical aspects. Why ruin that with such a huge display that looks crammed into the cab and kills the classic look.

The tablet in the game is actually very useful, providing a good indicator or what to shoot for, shots remaining. I agree it’s big and looks out of place, but it is useful. It’s much easier to read and use compared to the lcds in the hobbit and GnR.

#2795 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The tablet in the game is actually very useful, providing a good indicator or what to shoot for, shots remaining. I agree it’s big and looks out of place, but it is useful. It’s much easier to read and use compared to the lcds in the hobbit and GnR.

I believe hes talking about the LCD screens in the backboxes.

He pretty much has a complaint about everything.

#2796 1 year ago

I love them. It’s part of what I like about JJP machines - video games with amazing animation work controlled by pinball shots/events.

#2797 1 year ago

It’s pretty clear. He paid $2500 deposit, wants out, and is willing to sell for $1K loss.

You pay him $1500 to get out, then you pay $12500 to his distro when the game ships for a total of 14K.

#2798 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I love them. It’s part of what I like about JJP machines - video games with amazing animation work controlled by pinball shots/events.

But unlike video games, there is little/no opportunity to actually look at the screen! Is there?

I agree the large LCD is "cool" and no doubt attracts folks in an arcade, but in the home playing solo it's of limited value. I did like the phone screen on Dialed-In (in terms of getting feedback and instructions). The virtual images to shoot for were also a clever use of PF screens that made DI unique and cool...homage to Pinball 2000?

JJP definitely majors in awesome LCD graphics, I just don't know if they benefit the player much, that all.

#2799 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I believe hes talking about the LCD screens in the backboxes.
He pretty much has a complaint about everything.

Ahh, never heard anyone complain about those.

#2800 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

But unlike video games, there is little/no opportunity to actually look at the screen! Is there?

Somehow I manage. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrysville, PA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Contact
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out/page/56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.