20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 61.
#2551 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman2005:

I haven’t owned a JJP but am cautious based on the comments about poor quality. The last thing I would want to do is pay a premium for a pin that won’t last that long.

Their quality is good, not legendary as some people claim, but they are solid and should last a long long long time.

#2552 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Their quality is good, not legendary as some people claim, but they are solid and should last a long long long time.

I agree.

When people talk about quality issues it is generally out-of-the-box tweaks; fixing a leaf switch gap, etc. No big deal.

Their support is also good as is the parts availability for the most part.

#2553 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman2005:

I haven’t owned a JJP but am cautious based on the comments about poor quality. The last thing I would want to do is pay a premium for a pin that won’t last that long.

I own both Woz and DI both have been nearly trouble free. But you can’t say about the new games who knows?

#2554 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Except the playfield.

#2555 1 year ago

The playfields on TS4 are solid.. I have seen no complaints, the flippers are much better... Quality is good.

#2556 1 year ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

The playfields on TS4 are solid.. I have seen no complaints, the flippers are much better... Quality is good.

That's great news for everyone. I think we'll all be glad to put playfieldgate in the rearview.

#2557 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I agree.
When people talk about quality issues it is generally out-of-the-box tweaks; fixing a leaf switch gap, etc. No big deal.
Their support is also good as is the parts availability for the most part.

Not sure now; within the last year I bought a NIB GnRLE, LOV and Halloween CE, the GnR has given me lots of problems, and does feel cheap when playing between those 3 and Godzilla Prem; I never noticed it with Wonka, Wonka always felt solid as hell; I still love GnR, but that damn center VUK going SDTM kills me.

#2558 1 year ago

TS4 PF have been reported as very good.

Quoted from dsmoke1986:

...the GnR has given me lots of problems, and does feel cheap when playing between those 3 and Godzilla Prem....

I think this one might go down as the outlier. I've never seen a worse PF in my life than SE GNR; looked like a bad overaly job.

#2559 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I still love GnR, but that damn center VUK going SDTM kills me.

If you're talking about the scoop - yeah that shouldn't be, and it's correctable.

#2560 1 year ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

They had thousands of extra dollars to fix the playfields since they didnt put any goddamn toys in Toy Story.

#2561 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I think the real disconnect with this pin is 10000000% the cost that it's so darn expensive.
CCrLE with topper, side art, shaker, color trim, fancy arch, molded toys $9250 then you have to spend another almost $6K for the TS4 CE that's like 60% more expensive than CCrLE. And the CCrLE arguably has a topper worth $1200-1500 as toppers go, but TS4 CE topper is that worth a grand heck I don't think so.
Look at CCr SE at $8K and TS4 at $12K that's an entire 50% more money for a pin that's arguably stripped down compared to CCr SE.
What the heck? I can almost buy a whole other machine, I can almost buy a Stern pro and Stern premium for $15K.
This is not PotC not a super loaded pin by any means it's DI-lite it's Wonka-lite but it's priced as the best pin of all time. People have eyes, they can see. People have bought Wonka or DI or GnR they know what you get for $9K, 10K, 12K they know they are not seeing that on TS4.

I don't think you can really compare games like that. There are totally different development costs. CCr is unlicensed and pretty much already developed. CGC did update animations and code but not like they built a game from the ground up. I don't know if Lawlor draws a big paycheck but I'm guessing the Toy Story license wasn't cheap. You then have the large hd monitor, extra hardware to run all that, and more coding. The limited edition versions are always price at a premium banking on those that have to have that little plaque. JJP just tries to make everything a LE which is just stupid imo.

#2562 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I don't think you can really compare games like that. There are totally different development costs. CCr is unlicensed and pretty much already developed. CGC did update animations and code but not like they built a game from the ground up. I don't know if Lawlor draws a big paycheck but I'm guessing the Toy Story license wasn't cheap. You then have the large hd monitor, extra hardware to run all that, and more coding. The limited edition versions are always price at a premium banking on those that have to have that little plaque. JJP just tries to make everything a LE which is just stupid imo.

Well whatever. I’m looking at the game, CC has more stuff for far far less moneys. Also back in 98’ there was money spent to design the game so that part is redundant to me. Likely CGC had to pay for the rights to the game it’s not like they are free public domain.

You want to bet CCrLE is completely sold out and people want + $1-2k to sell their spots. While TS4 people all are selling at a loss.

#2563 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Le just have to be the base model.
If not, what is there to remove?

The screen?

#2564 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Le just have to be the base model.
If not, what is there to remove?
The screen?

JJP has removed toys like the Monkey from Woz. I’d bet you could remove the troll dolls and the screen and nobody would care. Charge $8k maybe as a SE (or $7500)?

#2565 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

JJP has removed toys like the Monkey from Woz. I’d bet you could remove the troll dolls and the screen and nobody would care. Charge $8k maybe as a SE (or $7500)?

You're talking about having them remove at most, a couple hundred dollars in parts to sell the game for $4k less.

#2566 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

You're talking about having them remove at most, a couple hundred dollars in parts to sell the game for $4k less.

Yeah, but all manufacturers add a couple of hundred in parts and charge $4k more, so the math works.

#2567 1 year ago

„welcome to the wonderful world of voodoo mathematics practised by the marketing and financial types“ says the engineer.

#2568 1 year ago

Could some crazy good code update help save this game???

#2569 1 year ago
Quoted from sepins:

For me it would have to be a HUGE update - making the whole second half of carousel have all new modes/rewards.
That is probably not feasible.

#2570 1 year ago
Quoted from sepins:

No. My wife played it today with some friends.

First words when she got home: “Thank God you didn’t buy that game!”’. I didn’t even have to ask which game she was talking about.

Some of her favorites are Lawlor games, especially Whirlwind, NGG and Safe Cracker. We have been waiting for TS for seven years. She doesn’t like DI and doesn’t like Wonka enough so unlikely we’ll own a JJP game in the future. Got some brownie points when I reminded her CCr LE was $9250 and TS was $15k.

I haven’t played TS4 much but code isn’t going to fix the incredibly stupid move to make a dated TS4 game instead of an evergreen classic like Toy Story.

#2571 1 year ago

So now dealers are emailing me to say they have CEs available when before they were ‘sold out’.

#2572 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

So now dealers are emailing me to say they have CEs available when before they were ‘sold out’.

I got the same emails....no thanks .... my guess is many distributors will be stuck with these games for a long while

#2573 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I got the same emails....no thanks .... my guess is many distributors will be stuck with these games for a long while

Next question would be: When will the discounts begin??

#2574 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I don’t get it. When these dealers say they sold out right away if they all got non refundable deposits day one? Do dealers not know how many CE’s they will be getting or you think that many people walked away with money on the table? Or is it just a hype thing from the dealer side?

#2575 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

She doesn’t like DI and doesn’t like Wonka enough so unlikely we’ll own a JJP game in the future.

Dialed In and Wonka are likely JJPs two best games.

Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I don’t get it. When these dealers say they sold out right away if they all got non refundable deposits day one? Do dealers not know how many CE’s they will be getting or you think that many people walked away with money on the table? Or is it just a hype thing from the dealer side?

They probably were sold out. The distributors knew their allocations just before sales went live.

My guess is it's people backing out of their spot losing their deposit.

#2576 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Dialed In and Wonka are likely JJPs two best games.

I like both and would probably would have had DI a while ago if not for space. To bring in a new game a family favorite has to leave. If my wife isn’t on board we don’t bother with that discussion because I don’t want to piss her off which will happen if I sell a game see likes for one she doesn’t.

BTTF is a wild card. I have pseudo permission to buy it even if I don’t have a spot for it.

#2577 1 year ago

Whats so sad is this game could have been awesome but it feels like Pat took the most hated aspects of his past games and slapped them all on TS. Didnt like the lcd on DI. Heres an even bigger one. Didn't like the music on wonka. Here's more slot machine music and Clips with no audio again

#2578 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Who really knows? All I know I was told by multiple distributors that they had a list 100+ long, and once everyone saw the $ and game people couldn't get out fast enough...my question is did the distributors see the game and pricing before they committed? If so then I don't feel bad for them....if not then its a JJP issue

#2579 1 year ago

I love JJP, (my very first pin was WOZ, I’ve owned a Hobbit, Wonka and DILE twice). I also love most Pat Lawlor games. I personally feel DI is an almost-masterpiece. I just don’t care for the cheesy callouts, animations and the tone. I absolutely love shooting that game. If I found the theme more compelling, it would be bolted down. That said, I still want to own one again!
Regarding Toy Story, I even like #4 a lot. But I just can’t get interested in this one, and I really wish Lawlor’s final pin was his magnum opus. His body of work is what we will remember. Bonkers vertical Banzai Run…early classics Earthshaker/Whirlwind…Rudy the ball swallower…back-to-back blockbusters -TAF and TZ…taking chances with Safe Cracker and Bud/Buzz…making fun pins in a slow era - Ripley’s, NASCAR, FG/Shrek (I love CSI) then AGAIN back-to-back hits after almost a decade away, DI/Wonka…Thanks, Pat!

#2580 1 year ago

Today isn’t just reserved for a Stern announcement. We haven’t forgot about all of you Toy Story owners or soon-to-be owners! Excited to announce a bad ass limited edition custom mod that is now for sale!

We are excited to announce a new Limited Edition pinball mod for Toy Story pinball! You can get yours NOW exclusively at Flip N Out Pinball!

Only 100 units being manufactured so get yours now. Completes the look of the game with stunning custom design and quality! Can’t wait to get ours.

Flipnoutpinball.com

#2581 1 year ago

Nice

Quoted from ZMeny:

Today isn’t just reserved for a Stern announcement. We haven’t forgot about all of you Toy Story owners or soon-to-be owners! Excited to announce a bad ass limited edition custom mod that is now for sale!
We are excited to announce a new Limited Edition pinball mod for Toy Story pinball! You can get yours NOW exclusively at Flip N Out Pinball!
Only 100 units being manufactured so get yours now. Completes the look of the game with stunning custom design and quality! Can’t wait to get ours.
Flipnoutpinball.com

#2582 1 year ago

I hope you sell a ton - can’t say I see it on this product.

Quoted from ZMeny:

Flipnoutpinball.com

#2583 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Next question would be: When will the discounts begin??

Look in marketplace, CE’s are routinely selling for a loss.

#2584 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Flipnoutpinball.com

So 400$ to upgrade your powder coated rails to powder coated rails with ANDY lasercut into it. I'm in!

#2585 1 year ago

So the mod company's name is Eville pinball...like Evansville, IN? Like @zmeny's hometown? And this is exclusively sold by flipnout? Hmmm

#2586 1 year ago

What's a bit odd with that armor is that Andy really isn't in Toy Story 4, the movie is not about him at all.

#2587 1 year ago

TS4 is a theme and game for children that don't know what a good pinball is
or what at $12k to $15k pinball should be...

#2588 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

We are excited to announce a new Limited Edition pinball mod for Toy Story pinball! …
Only 100 units being manufactured so get yours now.

Just enough for every TS4 owner to get one.

#2589 1 year ago
Quoted from alex_m:

So the mod company's name is Eville pinball...like Evansville, IN? Like ZMeny's hometown? And this is exclusively sold by flipnout? Hmmm

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What's a bit odd with that armor is that Andy really isn't in Toy Story 4, the movie is not about him at all.

Quoted from jfh:

Just enough for every TS4 owner to get one.

Damn, tough crowd hahaha. Not my company. I love the armor and think it looks great. Hope they do a run of CE armor. Unlike many, I enjoy the game and have fun playing it. And I’m a sucker for making my machines look even better than when they came out of the box. Appreciate the feedback.

#2590 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Damn, tough crowd hahaha. Not my company. I love the armor and think it looks great. Hope they do a run of CE armor. Unlike many, I enjoy the game and have fun playing it. And I’m a sucker for making my machines look even better than when they came out of the box. Appreciate the feedback.

It’s real?
Honestly thought it was a troll ad.

#2591 1 year ago

Can't wait to see what Eville comes up for No Fear.

#2592 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

To be honest this is the are you ‘in or out’ TS4 thread and most are out.

TS4 is a good pin but at $12/15k is a horrible pin because you can get almost any other pin for that much.

There’s another ad from a guy wants out of the CE at a $2k discount. I guess the dealer will just keep the deposit if nobody wants to pay the remainder, at that point if I already paid the deposit might as well buy it. But with Bond our next probably people want to get TS4 in the rear view mirror.

#2593 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I guess the dealer will just keep the deposit if nobody wants to pay the remainder

I don't think that's how this works, I am pretty sure the $2500 deposits went through to JJP directly.

If you paid your deposit and walk, your distro loses the profit he would have made off you.
If your distro paid your deposit and you walk, your distro loses $2500.

Don't screw your distros. Do the right thing and pay them, or sell your spot to someone else who will.

#2594 1 year ago

I just hope dealers are not getting hurt by this, maybe next time JJP will put in premium toys and code for it’s extra price. I don’t think collectors mind paying top tier price but they expect better execution. Theme, toys, code, etc. C62E977C-846D-435D-B29C-72840B735F93 (resized).jpegC62E977C-846D-435D-B29C-72840B735F93 (resized).jpeg

#2595 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I love the armor and think it looks great.

I beg to differ. Not only is Andy not a focal point in TS4 at all, this armor is practically a forged signature. A backwards "N" an Andy signature does not make. Just about every letter is off in some way, so you're slapping an overpriced and unauthentic mod on an already overpriced game that doesn't feature the subject character.

Forged signature (resized).jpgForged signature (resized).jpg

#2596 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I beg to differ. Not only is Andy not a focal point in TS4 at all, this armor is practically a forged signature. A backwards "N" an Andy signature does not make. Just about every letter is off in some way, so you're slapping an overpriced and unauthentic mod on an already overpriced game that doesn't feature the subject character.
[quoted image]

Much appreciated.

#2597 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I just hope dealers are not getting hurt by this

Of course they are being hurt by this.

Best case: they missed out on the revenue they expected.
Worse case: they lost $2500 deposits from deadbeat buyers they covered themselves, as a favor.
Worst case: they lost $2500 deposits AND also have to buy the games they committed to on behalf of deadbeat buyers.

If you left your distributor hung out to dry, I think that is pretty crappy.
Don't expect them to come through for you on the next game you want.

#2598 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Of course they are being hurt by this.
Best case: they missed out on the revenue they expected.
Worse case: they lost $2500 deposits from deadbeat buyers they covered themselves, as a favor.
Worst case: they lost $2500 deposits AND also have to buy the games they committed to on behalf of deadbeat buyers.
If you left your distributor hung out to dry, I think that is pretty crappy.
Don't expect them to come through for you on the next game you want.

Question on this .... so it's stated that the deposit are sent directly to JJP so is it safe to assume that the distributors aren't out any money at this point? The dist. are impacted when JJP comes to them advising the games are ready to ship so the dist has to pay up for the remaining balance IF they haven't found new buyer?

I don't see how a dist "lost $2500 deposit" as that was paid for by the original buyer?

Again, asking as I don't know the process, just assuming!

#2599 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

I don't see how a dist "lost $2500 deposit" as that was paid for by the original buyer?

Some distros paid the deposit for customers they trusted who then ghosted them.

#2600 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Some distros paid the deposit for customers they trusted who then ghosted them.

Why would distributors pay the deposit for someone else?

That is clearly a bad idea and hopefully they'll learn their lesson.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Orleans, LA
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

14,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Wanted
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out/page/52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.