20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 61.
#2151 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I know. Generally speaking:
- I buy pins to play, not to flip.
- If I sell it's because I didn't like the game, or I got what I wanted out of it playwise, or I upgraded to a higher tier.
- I'm perfectly ok losing money on a game that I enjoyed, because that enjoyment has value too.
I probably should have gone with LE on this one so I could get it quicker, play it, and eat less loss if it gets mastered quickly.
I'm sure I will feel good about the CE once it's in hand.
And yes, I35 is the suck. Our last 30 mins home took almost 2 hrs.

We can’t win em all Derek.

People get all worked up at the thought of losing $$$ on a pinball machine.

Especially since they have gone up so much the last two years. Party can’t go on forever

You definitely get your money’s worth! Especially on Wonka.

Put at least 10k plays on TS4 and then sell it

#2152 1 year ago

Played some GNR and Wonka last night.

Some great JJP fun. Those two are right there with GZ, STH and EHOH for my current play time.

#2153 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

We can’t win em all Derek.
People get all worked up at the thought of losing $$$ on a pinball machine.
Especially since they have gone up so much the last two years. Party can’t go on forever
You definitely get your money’s worth! Especially on Wonka.
Put at least 10k plays on TS4 and then sell it

You're right, and I'm "up" on the rest of the collection so, it's a wash in the end I guess.

#2154 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Some great JJP fun. Those two are right there with GZ, STH and EHOH for my current play time.

Given what just transpired with the fake photos, it seems to me an updated photo or 2 of your collection are warranted…

#2155 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol. You got busted buddy. Pitiful.

This is when Jim will disappear from Pinside for awhile.

#2156 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

GnR is neither as good, nor as bad, as people say. I've owned mine a year and really enjoy it, fun game, shoots well imo, great light show, pinwoofer elevates to another level...but it is a bit aimless other than having a "concert experience". I got through 3 songs this game! What is the point, exactly?
On Toy Story, I hope it isn't as bad as people are saying. After waiting for mine for 2 years, the last Lawlor game, ideas of TZ plus Dialed In, magnets, mechs, great theme...ouch. When expectations are that high, and the price $15k, well...never mind.

#2157 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

I got through 3 songs this game! What is the point, exactly?

Some suggestions to give you more to do:

Pre-song:

- Work on patch sets that optimize for collected band members (Fender, Gibson, Vader, Duff Skull, Axl Rose)
- Work on executing effectively in the 4 booster multiballs, you can really juice up the score and song level if you're effective

In-song:

- Work on collecting the active band member shots when lit to get Band Frenzy going
- Spam the spinner/pops during Band Frenzy for great justice

Overall (aka the point):

- Work towards the final wizard mode by playing 4 album modes, tour MB, and Slash Solo.

#2158 1 year ago

Since we’re sharing pics of our collections, thought I’d post mine here…..
A35F38E2-C5FF-4E5D-B657-72476A894206 (resized).jpegA35F38E2-C5FF-4E5D-B657-72476A894206 (resized).jpeg
And here’s some photos of my friends playing my collection….

AF88E070-0858-4114-941D-04E5C070EAD4 (resized).jpegAF88E070-0858-4114-941D-04E5C070EAD4 (resized).jpeg

7BCD9645-0435-4D40-9BF3-5CC557260570 (resized).jpeg7BCD9645-0435-4D40-9BF3-5CC557260570 (resized).jpeg9E416C44-6E58-4923-9D3A-BBFD6164108E (resized).jpeg9E416C44-6E58-4923-9D3A-BBFD6164108E (resized).jpeg

#2159 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Since we’re sharing pics of our collections, thought I’d post mine here…..

Amazing collection. Even dead people come back to play your games. Thank you for sharing !
LTG : )

#2160 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I hope you don't think that I made this up just to make Iceman look good, as I assure you nothing could be further from the truth. Reading back now, it may be a little confusing because some posts were edited.
jimwe5t posted alleged pictures of his collection, boasting about his lineup and accepting praise for the quality of his machines... but he slipped up. He was using pictures from someone elses collection and taking credit. The giveaway was that the games had foreign coin doors with an oddly placed single coin slot. He quickly realized his mistake and deliberately tried to cover it up by cropping out the coin doors from the photo. I saw the original photo that showed the coin doors in that brief window of time, though.

Think you had too much to drink last night buddy and making this stuff up to sensationalize our party. Maybe you got kind of confused, as the photo is pretty dark, so giving you a little benefit of the doubt in this instance. Here is the photo posted again you are referring to. I only see double or triple coin slots….whose really been busted with reposting of the photo you keep touting? Now you prove otherwise…

Quoted from Palmer:

This is when Jim will disappear from Pinside for awhile.

Hey Palmer, staying with ya all, as my buddy Dougy says…no disappearing act, the party keeps on rolling…

#2161 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Think you had too much to drink last night buddy and making this stuff up to sensationalize our party. Maybe you got kind of confused, as the photo is kind of dark, so giving you a little benefit of the doubt in this instance. Here is the photo posted again you are referring to. I only see double or triple coin slots….whose really been busted with reposting of the photo you keep touting? Now you prove otherwise…

Yup, you took down the photographic evidence from last night and are now posting an entirely different photo. I guess I'm outwitted on this one.

People can choose whether to believe me or believe you. It doesn't really make a difference to me. I know the truth. It's not cool to take credit for someone else's collection.

#2162 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Yup, you took down the photographic evidence from last night and are now posting an entirely different photo. I guess I'm outwitted on this one.
People can choose whether to believe me or believe you. It doesn't really make a difference to me. I know the truth. It's not cool to take credit for someone else's collection.

Don’t be too hard on yourself, its all part of the late night party. Look back again at Cooked’s claimed collection photos above. Just having fun, like we were having last night too! All good humor!! Lol

#2163 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Don’t be too hard on yourself, its all part of the late night party. Look back again at Cooked’s claimed collection photos above. Just having fun, like we were having last night too! All good humor!! Lol

FFS, you have been caught out with posting a fake collection - any scintilla of credibility is out the door. But please don’t leave us and stay in this thread - you are the entertainment after all.

#2164 1 year ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

FFS, you have been caught out with posting a fake collection - any scintilla of credibility is out the door. But please don’t leave us and stay in this thread - you are the entertainment after all.

Aim to please Joker my friend!

#2165 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Aim to please Joker my friend!

Well it has become boring with the haters saying the same old fucking things endlessly over and over. And you on your endless monotonous JJP groans, Bond. But at least you fire up responses to kick this corpse thread alive.

#2166 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Think you had too much to drink last night buddy and making this stuff up to sensationalize our party. Maybe you got kind of confused, as the photo is pretty dark, so giving you a little benefit of the doubt in this instance. Here is the photo posted again you are referring to. I only see double or triple coin slots….whose really been busted with reposting of the photo you keep touting? Now you prove otherwise…
[quoted image]

Hey Palmer, staying with ya all, as my buddy Dougy says…no disappearing act, the party keeps on rolling…

At this point it doesn't matter what photos you put up. You were caught lying. Kind of embarrassing.

#2167 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Pfft.. speak for yourself jimiswet, took those photos last night on my phone. Don't listen to LTG he's just trolling.

#2168 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Pfft.. speak for yourself jimiswet, took those photos last night on my phone. Don't listen to LTG he's just trolling.

Lolololo

#2169 1 year ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Slim Shady Jimmy knows the credibility is gone but he’s good for some entertainment.

He’s like a “sticky booger” on your finger you can’t flick off. He ain’t going anywhere.

Good fireworks Jimmy!

And nice pics Cookie. Like the good old days.

#2170 1 year ago

I'm curious.. how many posts in this thread are actually about TS4? How many are about how awesome it is? And a few of your guys need to get a Fn room.

#2171 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I'm curious.. how many posts in this thread are actually about TS4? How many are about how awesome it is? And a few of your guys need to get a Fn room.

Not many posts on how awesome it is(Is it???) you can go to the owners thread for more "positive" reviews.

#2172 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Not many posts on how awesome it is(Is it???) you can go to the owners thread for more "positive" reviews.

Wait.. people own this.. AND there's an owner's thread?

#2173 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

That’s all been hashed out already Ho’s.

Same thing repeated again and again in the vein of TS4 sucks. Like you have said many times.

It’s a discussion forum. You don’t have to participate if you don’t like. Lighten up a bit.

#2174 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That’s all been hashed out already Ho’s.
Same thing repeated again and again in the vein of TS4 sucks. Like you have said many times.
It’s a discussion forum. You don’t have to participate if you don’t like. Lighten up a bit.

Says the chief Boogerman none of us can wipe from our fingers. Lol. Let’s get back to bashing your beloved JJP or even more, Doogies beloved DR near your home in Texas? Do you have anymore DR/JPOP words of wisdom or updates to entertain us all with Booger buddy? (How’s that for lite?)
B1601E36-0C3C-4B67-B4D7-085E52EEBD4A (resized).jpegB1601E36-0C3C-4B67-B4D7-085E52EEBD4A (resized).jpeg

#2175 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Says the chief Boogerman none of us can wipe from our fingers. Lol. Let’s get back to bashing your beloved JJP or even more, Doogies beloved DR near your home in Texas? Do you have anymore DR/JPOP words of wisdom or updates to entertain us all with Booger buddy? (How’s that for lite?)
[quoted image]

Why do you keep lying and gaslighting Jimmy. Lol

Yeah the picture you posted, I saw it too, was of a DI and BM66, two pins, and the flooring was light colored.

You are the Slim Shady!

Are you claiming those are your pins now or someone else’s? Lol

I don’t believe you even play pinball. I think you are a disgruntled former JJP line worker who got fired.

I get why you posted someone else’s pins though.

#2177 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Wait.. people own this.. AND there's an owner's thread?

Im part of the larger OUT club, there is indeed a 100% owners IN thread.

Ill play it when I find one in the wild for sure!

#2178 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW SDTM! Toy Story 4 Pinball Review

Let me guess B+

#2179 1 year ago

If you are buying pinball machines as a investment and not entrainment. Ts4 and mandalorian is karma. I got a le and glad I got it. Hear the pinball call outs from Tim and Jim(who sounds like his brother anyway) other characters remind me of some of the 90s pins. My wife and two boys like it and so do I. Not everyone is a top 100 in the world player. I will put it on route in September. See how it does with the 21 to 35 crowd at video game bar.

#2180 1 year ago

Had this idea tonight.

Plunger should’ve been used as a shooter like the Toy Story Mania ride at Disney to fling rings or darts or pies in a full screen shooting gallery mini game. Put a sensor on it to detect depth of plunge and repetition of shots to determine the distance and quantity of shots. Left right flipper buttons for general direction changes.

#2181 1 year ago

Have to admit it may look a bit bare toy wise etc but after watching the gameplay it looks really decent. It seems like a vast improvement over GNR which I think is a real stinker.

#2182 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

B+ for effort Zach JJP #1 shillin buddy, with side kick shiller Greg. We get it, you’re trying hard to get rid of all the TS4 inventory you’ve been stuck with collecting dust. Really feel for you and its obvious: what is this about your 15th TS4 promotion video by now?

I’m going to save you pinside buckaroos all that time watching these 2 JJP Stinky Pete snake oil salesmen, by letting you know in advance Clip Clop is a Flip Flop. No use beating a dead horse any longer my fine boys, as this horse race is over. The race track cheap LEDs have been turned off and everyone by now, after having time on the empty machine, knows it for what it is, empty as. No amount of promo/begger videos are ever going to change that. Stick to sellin GNR, oh wait, the jig is up on that one too, lol.

Flip Flop’s last stand…

E0D4391E-5E4A-4CEB-AD80-4189B5FF1BAA (resized).jpegE0D4391E-5E4A-4CEB-AD80-4189B5FF1BAA (resized).jpeg

#2183 1 year ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

It’s a weird thread anyways where a dude from a glorified speed trap keeps airing his paranoia.

#2184 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

B+ for effort Zach JJP #1 shillin buddy, with side kick shiller Greg. We get it, you’re trying hard to get rid of all the TS4 inventory you’ve been stuck with collecting dust. Really feel for you and its obvious: what is this about your 15th TS4 promotion video by now?
I’m going to save you pinside buckaroos all that time watching these 2 JJP Stinky Pete snake oil salesmen, by letting you know in advance Clip Clop is a Flip Flop. No use beating a dead horse any longer my fine boys, as this horse race is over. The race track cheap LEDs have been turned off and everyone by now, after having time on the empty machine, knows it for what it is, empty as. No amount of promo/begger videos are ever going to change that. Stick to sellin GNR, oh wait, the jig is up on that one too, lol.
Flip Flop’s last stand…
[quoted image]

That’s not very nice, but to each their own I suppose. We have fun creating content and we appreciate you watching.

#2185 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

That’s not very nice, but to each their own I suppose. We have fun creating content and we appreciate you watching.

I watched the entire review, really made me sad how hard you guys were doing everything to pump up this modern day state of the art company. Since toys don’t matter in a pin to you I hope to see you stay firm on that in future releases.

Thanks again for your effort and time making your videos.

#2186 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I watched the entire review, really made me sad how hard you guys were doing everything to pump up this modern day state of the art company. Since toys don’t matter in a pin to you I hope to see you stay firm on that in future releases.
Thanks again for your effort and time making your videos.

Yeah I've quit watching the videos I don't feel they're being real. They've got to say every game is great.

#2187 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Awe come on Zack, you’re not creating content, you’re hard pushing/selling “used car” type advertising on us for your business. Trying hard to appear like your somehow balanced in your completely biased assessments. Only JJP fanboys are going to buy into that hype. You’re doing long style infomercials for companies you shill for plain and simple. Has nothing to do with you “out of the goodness of your heart”, just making content for our enjoyment. Be real, this is not your hobby, its your “used car” style business, where you do long informercials and rate everything at B+. Everyone knows this and its a commonly used joke here. Does anyone call the guy doing used car commercials a content creator? Lol!!!

#2188 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yeah I've quit watching the videos I don't feel they're being real. They've got to say every game is great.

I thought it was a pretty balanced review. The elephant in the room (the price hike) was discussed head on, and honestly.

I do have concerns about lastability (which is not an SDTM review category) but I will say I feel a little better about it after viewing.
Zach had been playing the game solid for around a month before he blew up the wizard mode on the stream the other day.

Someone made the point in this thread that pins should be purchased for entertainment, not as investments, which I do agree with and has always been my goal.
I've been pleasantly surprised that this hobby ends up with such a great return when you're ready to change things out, but it's not something I count on.

So in the end, I've decided to be optimistic on this game. I'm committed to it, and I wouldn't screw over my distro by walking away, so I'm simply going to look forward to my game and worry about resale when it's time to worry about it down the road (probably when I need space/money for JJP8.)

#2189 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Appreciate the video review as always. I can see falling into some of these same scores. Toy Story 4 isn't some terrible game, it's very fun hence the enjoyability score.

The issue many have is value. I think a value category for the review system would be very helpful, especially at today's insane prices. Greg made a comment about sometimes toys being good and sometime being bad. The example of Champion Pub was used for having too many toys and not the best gameplay. The problem there is you can buy a Champion Pub for $7k - $8k while Toy Story 4 starts at $12k...That's $12k for a pinball machine that is void of any toys in the back 1/3rd of the playfield, uses a 10" LCD versus a mech (in an area typically reserved for a mech), has a spinning disk, and a couple pop up mechs. It's just not what customers are used to from JJP and to make matters worse the price is now higher then ever.

Screenshot 2022-08-05 090402 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-08-05 090402 (resized).jpg

#2190 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I thought it was a pretty balanced review. The elephant in the room (the price hike) was discussed head on, and honestly.
I do have concerns about lastability (which is not an SDTM review category) but I will say I feel a little better about it after viewing.
Zach had been playing the game solid for around a month before he blew up the wizard mode on the stream the other day.
Someone made the point in this thread that pins should be purchased for entertainment, not as investments, which I do agree with and has always been my goal.
I've been pleasantly surprised that this hobby ends up with such a great return when you're ready to change things out, but it's not something I count on.
So in the end, I've decided to be optimistic on this game. I'm committed to it, and I wouldn't screw over my distro by walking away, so I'm simply going to look forward to my game and worry about resale when it's time to worry about it down the road (probably when I need space/money for JJP8.)

Derek, too funny! Spoken like a true blue ultimate JJP fanboy. JJP thanks you from the bottom of their pea pickin warranty-less hearts, lol. Good one!

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Appreciate the video review as always. I can see falling into some of these same scores. Toy Story 4 isn't some terrible game, it's very fun hence the enjoyability score.
The issue many have is value. I think a value category for the review system would be very helpful, especially at today's insane prices. Greg made a comment about sometimes toys being good and sometime being bad. The example of Champion Pub was used for having too many toys and not the best gameplay. The problem there is you can buy a Champion Pub for $7k - $8k while Toy Story 4 starts at $12k...That's $12k for a pinball machine that is void of any toys in the back 1/3rd of the playfield, uses a 10" LCD versus a mech (in an area typically reserved for a mech), has a spinning disk, and a couple pop up mechs. It's just not what customers are used to from JJP and to make matters worse the price is now higher then ever.
[quoted image]

This is the VP of the JJP fanboy club writing another whopper. So expected! Somehow this all feels like a setup, lol. (BTW, every pinball game falls into the “fun” category for some one. Lol)

#2191 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Derek, too funny! Spoken like a true blue ultimate JJP fanboy. JJP thanks you from the bottom of their pea pickin warranty-less hearts, lol. Good one!

I get called that a lot, but I think I've been pretty honest and direct about my concerns about the game:
I am concerned about long-term lastability and value due to low difficulty and high price point (with an already-soft secondary market.)

If I'd had a crystal ball on what the market was going to do on this game, the secondhand barely-touched LE market would have been the way to go, financially.
But since I'm in, I'm in and hoping for the best.

I've played it a fair amount. It's fun and shoots great which I think no one would dispute.
I stopped playing it to leave some discovery for myself.

I will likely do LEs going forward - you get your game immediately, at the best price, and the gameplay experience is the same.

#2192 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

Lol toys should be an F across-the-board that right there proves they are not being honest about the game. Do they consider the ramp a toy or the pop up girl that gets dirty a toy?

#2193 1 year ago

The only part that made me cringe was trying to compare a watch or gucci shoes and the exorbitant cost of those luxury items to this pinball in terms of value. I just cant get behind that.

#2194 1 year ago

I have to admit the lockdown bar I felt on location seemed about as thick or sturdy as an aluminum pop can. Is that the same across all JJPs?

#2195 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Lol toys should be an F across-the-board that right there proves they are not being honest about the game. Do they consider the ramp a toy or the pop up girl that gets dirty a toy?

So if Toys & Innovation isn’t an F then that’s proof that we are being forcefully dishonest?….. gotcha

#2196 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

The only part that made me cringe was trying to compare a watch or gucci shoes and the exorbitant cost of those luxury items to this pinball in terms of value. I just cant get behind that.

There's been a good amount of that with Toy Story 4 (more then usual compared to other releases) which right there should say "Ok, something is off with this game". People are starting to reach with comparisons like that and or just trying to justify the purchase. To be fair we can probably make those comparisons with any pin as all new games are expensive but its those games that are more feature loaded (Godzilla for example) that make us feel that we are getting more value for our money.

If money was no object many of us could care less about the price tag and the features in the game. That's not reality though so I think a good number of customers look at value in terms of what is included in terms of features, mechs and code. Toy Story 4 falls short in all of those areas and in a way that no other JJP pin has before IMO. That's fine, the game isn't for everyone, and there will always be the next title.

#2197 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

So if Toys & Innovation isn’t an F then that’s proof that we are being forcefully dishonest?….. gotcha

Yes. What do you consider a toy. What modern pin would get less than an B, if TS4 does? It's about credibility and that is not credible if you're gonna give this game a B, bottom line.Even C+ is suspect..

#2198 1 year ago

I valued there pod cast before. Because i own one and know better. They have no credibility anymore

#2199 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yes. What do you consider a toy. What modern pin would get less than an A, if TS4 does? It's about credibility and that is not credible if you're gonna give this game an A, bottom line.

Put up several report cards of recent games for comparison and the proof will be in the pudding…

#2200 1 year ago

B+ for BUY BUY BUY!

I give the game an F- for FLOP FLOP FLOP.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Linthicum Heights, MD
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
14,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Blanc Township, MI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.