20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 61.
#2001 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

It's an award winning Randy Newman composition that fits perfectly with the movie it was written for.
Do I want to hear it while playing pinball? Not really.
Do I even want to hear it outside the scope of seeing the movie? Nope, but "rip their ears off?"...

I just played it on loud for my nine year old and he asked me to turn it off no less than seven times.

#2002 1 year ago

Randy Newman on Family Guy is still one of my favorite bits they ever did

#2003 1 year ago

Well I would say Toy Story is a pretty turd. I have mine for sale for 10900.I am sure you all have noticed and still for sale. After TS4 i really appreciate my DI. I think this will change the market.

#2004 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

1 month later and the TS4 I installed at the company office is doing well. Since getting all the kinks worked out, we have only had one stuck ball this month requiring the glass to be moved.
I am still not personally a huge fan of this game, but the casuals in the company office are gravitating towards it and there are around 200 plays on the machine so far.
Is it the greatest most awesome pinball machine to a pinball fanatic? No.
However, it is an easily approachable game that appeals to people that don't know where to find the start button.
I am of the opinion that Stern would be well served by making a pin like this every 3 years or so to have something that appeals to casuals on location. I do not think this machine would last long in a basement lineup though, which is everyone's bread and butter. But without some easily approachable pins it is very hard to grow the hobby.

Well said...

#2005 1 year ago
Quoted from ripit:

Well I would say Toy Story is a pretty turd. I have mine for sale for 10900.I am sure you all have noticed and still for sale. After TS4 i really appreciate my DI. I think this will change the market.

That’s too bad, I lost $2K on XMLE those were hard to sell, but at least I keep it for 3 years so got a good number of plays. Would suck loosing so much in a few weeks.

#2006 1 year ago
Quoted from ripit:

Well I would say Toy Story is a pretty turd. I have mine for sale for 10900.

Shh, never tell the truth! "This is my favorite game of all time but I have a Queen coming and need the space, can always buy a Toy Story back later."

#2007 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Shh, never tell the truth! "This is my favorite game of all time but I have a Queen coming and need the space, can always buy a Toy Story back later."

Say you love it so much you’re getting a CE.

#2008 1 year ago

Just trying to save my fellow pinsider. I do believe it will be a good earning pin. Not for the homebuyer

#2009 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

kids and non pinheads into pinball, that is awesome.
But.....

Quoted from ripit:

Change the market.... will we be excavating a landfill in New Mexico to find them in 40 years?!?!

#2010 1 year ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

Yes, that's it. The first machines came with a thick metal protector.

The first games came with nothing, and it's still a bad shot.

If a Sim card is lit, you can take the risk and try to collect it or start a Multiball and collect your Sim cards there.

Yeah that's the standard approach, and it works really well expect you have to collect 8 Sim cards. You can go in the menu and look at how many sim card shots you get per game; spoilers the average is well under 8 & that's all shots
I find the people that defend the shot usually have changed to hold over balls; but I just cant do it. I should try taking a rubber off but I've been saying that for over a year now

#2011 1 year ago
Quoted from ryank11379:

I just played it on loud for my nine year old and he asked me to turn it off no less than seven times.

Your son is a chip off the old block, apparently. Sounds like you should both avoid the song/game...

#2012 1 year ago
Quoted from ripit:

Really appreciate honesty from an owner. So many owners put their head in the sand and make excuses for a game. Sure, it's great to have an "approachable" game for novices (like some of said), however there are many good/solid games that both novices and pinheads enjoy (and this ain't it).

Considering how much I was looking forward to this game, it's mind blowing that I'm not rushing to buy your game (since I'm local). If I have more space, I might give it a whirl, however I like my current lineup too much and GZ Premium just landed today...

#2013 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Really appreciate honesty from an owner. So many owners put their head in the sand and make excuses for a game. Sure, it's great to have an "approachable" game for novices (like some of said), however there are many good/solid games that both novices and pinheads enjoy (and this ain't it).

Sometimes I get a good laugh from looking at the excuses in the classified listings for new release games. So many people suddenly need to make room for some other game or have an unexpected financial crisis. Of course, selling any of the 10+ other games that they own is out of the question. It's the new game they just got a few weeks ago (or pre-ordered) that's gotta go, even if it means a big $$$ loss and they really love the game!

#2014 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

We all saw the Guns CEs going for 20K on the open market, raising the price is a natural response to that.

You can’t base MSRP on the flipper market. Flippers may be selling for over MSRP, but to how many buyers? 10? 50? 100? JJP wants to sell 6000 units. 6000 people aren’t ready to pay “flipper prices.”

#2015 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

So many people suddenly need to make room for some other game or have an unexpected financial crisis. Of course, selling any of the 10+ other games that they own is out of the question.

Just saw the old "financial crisis!!!" trades accepted

#2016 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

He doesn't own any games...

Jimwett doesn't own any games? That's so sad jimmy maybe we should take a collection and buy jimmy a John popadick pirates of the Caribbean so he doesn't hate so much?

#2017 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I thought the sim shot was supposed to be like the camera shot in TZ, but clearly it’s not. Lawlor games don’t typically have difficult shots. As for why TS is fun, for me it is because the rules are easy to understand, the call outs are very clear on what to hit, the tablet shows you very clearly how many shots are left in a mode and the sounds, lights and video are well integrated. It’s a nice change from games like AIQ and others where there is a 25 page rule sheet and you need a cheat sheet next to you to know what to do. As for satisfying shots, it’s more about the flow of the game, it’s very smooth, which is typical of most lawlor games. Scared stiff and TAf are great games, but do they have satisfying shots? Are they hard? No on both, they are both just well integrated overall and that’s what TS offers.

How often can you hit the three way combo on TAF?

I ve done it like 3 times in my life.

#2018 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Jimwett doesn't own any games? That's so sad jimmy maybe we should take a collection and buy jimmy a John popadick pirates of the Caribbean so he doesn't hate so much?

He claims he owns games, but who really knows. He's definitely a JJP hater thats for sure. Personally I dont hate any of these companies, and most of the modern games are fun in their own right including TS4. That being said I'll never purchase another NIB JJP pin due to their shitty warranties. I was always supportive of paying a premium for JJP (I've bought 6 NIB JJP games), but that came with the assumption they would provide a solid warranty. Not only has JJP pricing got out of whack they changed their warranty support.

#2019 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Not sure what that combo is, but taf is pretty much bear ramp to light scoop, shoot scoop, rinse and repeat, tour the mansion. A little more to it than that, but not much. The modes on taf are fun, of course.

#2020 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah that's the standard approach, and it works really well expect you have to collect 8 Sim cards. You can go in the menu and look at how many sim card shots you get per game; spoilers the average is well under 8 & that's all shots
I find the people that defend the shot usually have changed to hold over balls; but I just cant do it. I should try taking a rubber off but I've been saying that for over a year now

The first games came, with nothing, right. But I don't think the shot is bad. Some like it, some hate it... But if friends come over they are happy to collect Sims., as well am I. That's my experience. And I have the carry over feature disabled as it should be. Yeah... Frustrating... Sometimes... And even more satisfying when you make it.

As for ts4 maybe it's good theme integration. Enjoy it and have fun. Just not enough for me.

#2021 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

He claims he owns games, but who really knows. He's definitely a JJP hater thats for sure. Personally I dont hate any of these companies, and most of the modern games are fun in their own right including TS4. That being said I'll never purchase another NIB JJP pin due to their shitty warranties. I was always supportive of paying a premium for JJP (I've bought 6 NIB JJP games), but that came with the assumption they would provide a solid warranty. Not only has JJP pricing got out of whack they changed their warranty support.

Don’t hate any company. Inanimate objects do not cause hate. What they constantly do to a hobby I love is what’s challenging. Up till now, they’ve gotten away with it, with few calling them on the carpet. It’s high time we do what you’re doing and vote with our wallets. No hate needed, just stop buying JJP NIB, then we will see prices lower, with real positive change, adding real warranties and real customer service…suddenly JJP will become a caring company, instead of a “could careless, because these suckers will buy anything we throw at them” company.

#2022 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Considering how much I was looking forward to this game, it's mind blowing that I'm not rushing to buy your game (since I'm local). If I have more space, I might give it a whirl, however I like my current lineup too much and GZ Premium just landed today...

Very well spoken and that's it. A lot of truth in it like a lot of your comments here. Thanks!

#2023 1 year ago

I’ve been trying to decide if their is a price threshold where I would buy this game. My young son loves Toy Story and he goes crazy for streams of the game. I’d guess these drop another 1k at least to 13k for CE, 10K for LE since there don’t seem to be any buyers. Halloween’s market value looks to be about a 2k loss. I think that still may be too pricey for me, especially because of that iPad screen. Feels more like an 8K pin at most, even then compares poorly to cactus canyon.

#2024 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

And the four way combo? up the main ramp, through the pops, up the side ramp, , then into the swamp! I've done it once.

#2025 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Change the setting

#2026 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I remember the fanboys for Stern were trying to defend the ugliness that was Led Zep ( my favorite band) So this bullshit goes on all the time.The big difference is I got over arguing my point in about a week and a half but JJP haters are still going on and on about TS Fuck it move on

#2027 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I wouldn't say arrogance as much as miscalculation.
We all saw the Guns CEs going for 20K on the open market, raising the price is a natural response to that.
I would argue though that Guns blew everyone away.

This is true, but there were only 500 CE's versus 1000 TS's and the price was $12.5K and not $15K .... the overall GNR CE package (+ extra mech) was far superior to TS, which basically has a shitty topper, glitter play field, and red powder coating (looks like the same as Wonka ?)

#2028 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Lol

You should just buy an Ultraman!
Oh wait you did ooops

Umm lol. Dialed in is the best JJP by far. Hall

Quoted from romulusx:

I remember the fanboys for Stern were trying to defend the ugliness that was Led Zep ( my favorite band) So this bullshit goes on all the time.The big difference is I got over arguing my point in about a week and a half but JJP haters are still going on and on about TS Fuck it move on

Why don't you go to the owner's thread this is the general commentary thread about Toy Story 4. If you want roses and lollipops go elsewhere. Of course you've been told to do that before but you'd rather sit here and cry about JJP and how bad-ass they are, even though they're not.

#2029 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

This is true, but there were only 500 CE's versus 1000 TS's and the price was $12.5K and not $15K .... the overall GNR CE package (+ extra mech) was far superior to TS, which basically has a shitty topper, glitter play field, and red powder coating (looks like the same as Wonka ?)

The color choice of red powder coating on the CE was a big miss. Come on. After Wonka.

The run from 500 to 1,000 is huge. Stern included.

I’m giving the TS4CE to one daughter of mine after I play it for a while.

Middle daughter is a big STH fan so she’s gonna get that one.

Youngest one likes NBAFB! Still in school though and I can’t give that one up.

#2030 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Why don't you go to the owner's thread this is the general commentary thread about Toy Story 4. If you want roses and lollipops go elsewhere. Of course you've been told to do that before but you'd rather sit here and cry about JJP and how bad-ass they are, even though they're not.

DI BLOWS. The theme absolutely sucks. Nothing else matters. Lol

The pin reveal at Expo that year was a bigger shocker than TS4.

#2031 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The color choice of red powder coating on the CE was a big miss. Come on. After Wonka.

It’s a CHROME red…not flat red like Wonka.

#2032 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Alright since you don’t have anything better to do but criticize.
As a JJP fanboy I totally disagree with their decision to fire LTG and Butch Peel.I think they should have been more forthright in addressing playfield issues.Personally I wish they would have made TS1,2 and 3.
The pricing for this game is ridiculous.How’s that for a fanboy?

#2033 1 year ago

I love this game!!! How many other games give you the opportunity to turn Gabby Gabby into Dirty Gabby while listening to clarinet suicide music!!!

#2034 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

NBA FB is a great game....

#2035 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

yea whatever....it would look weird next to my already red Wonka ...

#2036 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I feel your pain...Led Zeppelin (the band) also one of my favorites. I am heavily weighted in Rock and Roll pins, but had to pass on LZ. Owned Aerosmith for about a year...not a keeper for me, but liked it much more than Led Zeppelin.

Don't know if you've seen this, but it rocks...Beth Hart's Led Zeppelin covers are the real deal.

#2037 1 year ago

It’s a beauty. Just looking for something different. Is Wonka flat?

#2038 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s a beauty. Just looking for something different. Is Wonka flat?

Ya Wonka CE Red is shiny “Candy Red”…I prefer the sparkles that are embedded in the wonka Sparkle Blue LE (my personal favorite in the Wonka line).

The Chrome Red in TS4 should be next level…

#2039 1 year ago

Ya Wonka CE Red is shiny “Candy Red”…I prefer the sparkles that are embedded in the wonka Sparkle Blue LE (my personal favorite in the Wonka line).
The Chrome Red in TS4 should be next level…

Ahhh... makes sense...now I get why they had to charge $15K

#2040 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Ahhh... makes sense...now I get why they had to charge $15K

Incorrect…but it does look great…

#2041 1 year ago

Incorrect…but it does look great…

How do you know as they haven't hit the market yet? The good news is u can get one pretty easily

#2042 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Feels more like an 8K pin at most, even then compares poorly to cactus canyon.

Cactus Canyon by a mile.

#2043 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I thought the sim shot was supposed to be like the camera shot in TZ, but clearly it’s not. Lawlor games don’t typically have difficult shots. As for why TS is fun, for me it is because the rules are easy to understand, the call outs are very clear on what to hit, the tablet shows you very clearly how many shots are left in a mode and the sounds, lights and video are well integrated. It’s a nice change from games like AIQ and others where there is a 25 page rule sheet and you need a cheat sheet next to you to know what to do. As for satisfying shots, it’s more about the flow of the game, it’s very smooth, which is typical of most lawlor games. Scared stiff and TAf are great games, but do they have satisfying shots? Are they hard? No on both, they are both just well integrated overall and that’s what TS offers.

Okay, I get it. Don't know much about TZ. But NGG and DI are untypical Lawlor Pins because they have difficult shots (okay, it's just one difficult shot I think...). Ts4 is fun because easy to understand like scared stiff and Taf and not so hard. Ok. TS4 is a game like these... Time will tell if ts4 will be a long time masterpiece...

Just enjoy TS4s easy rules and theme integration and be happy with it.

#2044 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Cactus Canyon by a mile.

I played CCr a few weeks ago and it was impressive for all the stuff in it. I enjoyed it.

#2045 1 year ago

Okay, I get it. Don't know much about TZ. But NGG and DI are untypical Lawlor Pins because they have difficult shots (okay, it's just one difficult shot I think...). ...

They are pretty typical PL layouts. Upper flipper with 2 shots just like everything else. DI is a little diff'rent with the ramp placements.
As been said a million times the Sim Card shot sucks because it's poorly designed. It's not a tough shot at all, it's that the flipper can't be set up correctly. Powerful enough to make the side ramp and the shot bounces past the hole and back, weakened enough to make the shot easily then you can't make the ramp.
This isn't the Gem shot that is difficult but can be learned, it's the design of it.

EDIT: Even great people make mistakes. The clock in TZ is a completely shitty design for example.

#2046 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They are pretty typical PL layouts. Upper flipper with 2 shots just like everything else. DI is a little diff'rent with the ramp placements.
As been said a million times the Sim Card shot sucks because it's poorly designed. It's not a tough shot at all, it's that the flipper can't be set up correctly. Powerful enough to make the side ramp and the shot bounces past the hole and back, weakened enough to make the shot easily then you can't make the ramp.
This isn't the Gem shot that is difficult but can be learned, it's the design of it.
EDIT: Even great people make mistakes. The clock in TZ is a completely shitty design for example.

I can attest to that. I’m great and make mistakes all the time.

#2047 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Cactus Canyon by a mile.

Over your DI that BLOWS. Yep

A TWD pro. Wtf are you thinking? Lol

#2048 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I feel your pain...Led Zeppelin (the band) also one of my favorites. I am heavily weighted in Rock and Roll pins, but had to pass on LZ. Owned Aerosmith for about a year...not a keeper for me, but liked it much more than Led Zeppelin.
Don't know if you've seen this, but it rocks...Beth Hart's Led Zeppelin covers are the real deal.

Great video she’s strong for sure!
I had an AC/DC Luci for three years and was really hoping Zeppelin would be as good.Man they blew it on that one.I assume Steve was hamstrung by IP holder!
Speaking of IP holders I would have told Disney no on 4.Especially when they already had 1,2and 3

#2049 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Lolololo, right on RoostKing! Rummy (@romulusx) is the head of JJP cheerleaders everywhere. He’s been completely brainwashed by JJP into a hypnotic state beyond repair it appears. JJP is his very DNA for some crazy reason. JJP sunshine and lollipops is his only reason for existence here on Pinside or life in general, lol. Sad way to live. He makes excuses and apologies for all the missteps JJP continually makes. The only explanation that makes sense is, this has to be Jack himself posing as rummy on a relentless mission to build back his misdirected company he once owned and defending it at every turn. It’s bizarre Rummy, totally bizarre, your obsession.

Rummy, why can’t you discuss JJP with objectivity like the rest of us do??? None of us own stock in JJP, its free game to critique and criticize any companies good and bad points here. It’s what open forums do in all industries.

#2050 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Lolololo, right on RoastKing! Rummy (romulusx) is the head of JJP cheerleaders everywhere. He’s been completely brainwashed by JJP into a hypnotic state beyond imagine. JJP is his very DNA for some crazy reason. JJP sunshine and lollipops is his only reason for existence here on Pinside or life in general, lol. Sad way to live. He makes excuses and apologies for all the missteps JJP makes. The only explanation that makes sense is, this has to be Jack himself posing as rummy on a relentless mission to build his company he once owned and defending it at every turn. It’s bizarre Rummy, totally bizarre, you obsession.

You have no integrity at all!Your participation here is of no use to anyone.As for credibility you have none.I would bet money that your just a little man with no real friends in your moms basement.Oh and no pinball machines to boot!(pun intended)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royersford, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out/page/41?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.