20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 61.
#151 1 year ago

Perhaps they should make sequels to crap box office bombs, they can only get better right? By the time Crap Movie IV comes out, it should be a masterpiece. Howard the Duck IV, imagine how awesome that would be.

#152 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

All I know was the creepy antique store doll, forkie, and of course the party inside the pinball machine were all awesome. But to be fair I'm not a Toy Story junkie and I don't think I've even seen the other movies so it didn't have to "live up" to anything for me, just help me pass a couple hours on a plane.

The creepy antique store doll was pretty great. Seen all of them and Toy Story 4 is definitely last place.

#153 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Has there ever been a good #4 in franchise history

Fast and Furious

#154 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I came in second!!!
If only I had the confidence Forkie had acquired by the end of Toy Story 4.

No forking way dude!

#155 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

My Hobbit Playfield was excellent as well , but so is my GNR and the dimples are tiny .
Pity there were shit ones in the first batch .

My GNR play field is perfect as well with very few (if any) dimples....my Wonka and POTC were not....JJP provided new play fields for those machines (at their cost), which wasn't an ideal solution but at least it was something. I was willing to roll the dice on the past 5 machines knowing they would do something if there was a play field issue, but now that they've gone away from that I'll never buy another JJP NIB machine.

#156 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My GNR play field is perfect as well with very few (if any) dimples....my Wonka and POTC were not....JJP provided new play fields for those machines (at their cost), which wasn't an ideal solution but at least it was something. I was willing to roll the dice on the past 5 machines knowing they would do something if there was a play field issue, but now that they've gone away from that I'll never buy another JJP NIB machine.

So your GNR Playfield is perfect and they replaced your faulty ones , and now you're never going to buy another game from them ....ok

#157 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

So your GNR Playfield is perfect and they replaced your faulty ones , and now you're never going to buy another game from them ....ok

Yes, but now JJP is charging customers for play fields. They did not do that prior to GNR

#158 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Yes, but now JJP is charging customers for play fields. They did not do that prior to GNR

Totally get what you're saying .
I had the same concerns , and my distributor said he would look after me , same as what Zach says at Flip N Out . Go through a good distributor and that should help a lot .
I've heard a number of podcasters not happy with Stern responses to Playfield issues , it's not just jjp .

#159 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Howard the Duck IV, imagine how awesome that would be.

Hey! Lea Thompson was great in Howard the Duck!

#160 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Totally get what you're saying .
I had the same concerns , and my distributor said he would look after me , same as what Zach says at Flip N Out . Go through a good distributor and that should help a lot .
I've heard a number of podcasters not happy with Stern responses to Playfield issues , it's not just jjp .

No doubt that JJP isn't the only one with issues, but they clearly have changed their tune on play field replacement. So you're saying Flip N Out will replace play fields on their dime? If so thats great customer service

#161 1 year ago

That one has me rolling. Thanks for that!

#162 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

How many plays does your GNR have on it? I've never seen one with a nice playfield except when fresh out of the box.

#163 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

How many plays does your GNR have on it? I've never seen one with a nice playfield except when fresh out of the box.

My CE had a couple hundred and it was still perfect. You might be right that after many more plays it falls apart, but it was fine after a few hundred. My LE doesn't hardly have any games on it at all as I've been spending most of my time on TWD. That being said it's a late build so hoping it holds up.

#164 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

There is quite a bit of first hand experience were GnR owners have perfect playfields after hundreds of plays.Fact is not all playfields were defective.I totally agree that this whole Mirco playfield situation is bullshit and JJP should have handled differently.They should come forward when they introduce Toy Story with a statement about new playfield

#165 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

They should come forward when they introduce Toy Story with a statement about new playfield

That's assuming if they along with mirco actually even addressed the playfield issues. Many unanswered questions and unknown variables for a committal at this point IMHO.

#166 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

JJP provided new play fields for those machines (at their cost), which wasn't an ideal solution but at least it was something. I was willing to roll the dice on the past 5 machines knowing they would do something if there was a play field issue, but now that they've gone away from that I'll never buy another JJP NIB machine.

I haven't heard of anyone actually getting a new GNR playfield at cost or otherwise. Many of us (including me) are 'on the list', but it seems this has been forgotten about as they move on to the next game.

#167 1 year ago

Totally in personally think its going to be JJP biggest seller of all time.

#168 1 year ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

Totally in personally think its going to be JJP biggest seller of all time.

I think so too but I will predict that even it’s the most magically perfect game of all time we will still find a shitload of problems!!

#169 1 year ago

I'm out.

If it was The Muppets / Meet the Feebles I'd be in like Flynn.

Fletch / Jaws / Gremlins / BadTaste / Evil Dead ( don't let spooky have that one ) - I'd be all over that

Toy story as a theme does not much for me.. Sure I'll plunk quarters or dollars in but hell no.

It would have to be next Level Godzilla gameplay to consider.

#170 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Toy story as a theme does not much for me.. Sure I'll plunk quarters or dollars in but hell no.

At this point I think we can all assume that 99 percent of us will "plunk a dollar" into pretty much any brand new pinball machine they see on location, right?

Seems to go without saying! Yet it is still oft-stated.

#171 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Has there ever been a good #4 in franchise history

abog12xejjszj6e2dlxj (resized).jpgabog12xejjszj6e2dlxj (resized).jpggiphy.gifgiphy.gif
#172 1 year ago

I've heard a lot of batshit leftfield theme suggestions in my time here but Meet the Feebles might just take the cake.

#173 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

I've heard a lot of batshit leftfield theme suggestions in my time here but Meet the Feebles might just take the cake.

A niche so small only a rat-monkey would love. That or Braindead / Bad Taste

#174 1 year ago

Would I play it? Hell yes, it's pinball!

Would I own it? Hell no, theme is only so-so to me.

#175 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

We could go with Meet the Deedles, Tank Girl, or Bio Dome as alternative batshit reality suggestion?

#176 1 year ago

not interested

#177 1 year ago

Hooray! Based on the number of people in this thread passing on TS, I should have no problem getting my CE!

#178 1 year ago

Same as many others have said...

Own it ? No thank you

Shovel quarters into it on location while having a few beers ? Sign me up...

#179 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Hooray! Based on the number of people in this thread passing on TS, I should have no problem getting my CE!

Good Luck getting a CE.This is Pinside puff here!

#180 1 year ago

I love my GnR. Toy Story is not a theme for me. If they made a South Park or a Barenaked Ladies, or better yet a South Park Barenaked Ladies collaboration, I'd be all in.

#181 1 year ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Fast and Furious

Rocky, toy story,

Quoted from NC_Pin:

Forkie wasn't the problem with Toy Story 4. The problem was the actual story and the terrible ending. It was like Indy 4, the story just didn't fit with the rest of the trilogy. Maybe it is the curse of the "4th movie" in a franchise. Has there ever been a good #4 in franchise history that wasn't based off a series of books (so we can exclude Hobbit/Harry Potter)?

Rambo, rocky, toy story

#182 1 year ago
Quoted from BlackTiePinhead:

We could go with Meet the Deedles

How about:

F6267C52-4487-4A1D-B17D-3B3E9B3F5F14 (resized).jpegF6267C52-4487-4A1D-B17D-3B3E9B3F5F14 (resized).jpeg
#183 1 year ago

CE should not be over $13500

#184 1 year ago

"The Incredibles" would make a much better pinball.
Theme seems better for mods and multiballs.
But Wall-E is my favorite Pixar movie.

#185 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

You win! The race to the bottom….

#186 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

You win! The race to the bottom….

Because he disagrees?

#187 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Because he disagrees?

I don’t get it either

#188 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

This is my game with over 700 plays which = millions of balls
It was a later run with the "fixes" .
I'm not saying there weren't shit playfields and that JJP's response to the problem wasn't terrible .
But when they're done right , they're pretty good .
Even the unprotected front of the scoop still looks like new .
I don't think I would want a first run batch from any manufacturer , there always seems to be issues .

IMG20220521201330 (resized).jpgIMG20220521201330 (resized).jpgIMG20220521200527 (resized).jpgIMG20220521200527 (resized).jpgIMG20220521200331 (resized).jpgIMG20220521200331 (resized).jpgIMG20220521200730 (resized).jpgIMG20220521200730 (resized).jpgIMG20220521200919 (resized).jpgIMG20220521200919 (resized).jpgIMG20220521201020 (resized).jpgIMG20220521201020 (resized).jpgIMG20220521201043 (resized).jpgIMG20220521201043 (resized).jpgIMG20220521201349 (resized).jpgIMG20220521201349 (resized).jpgIMG20220521200014 (resized).jpgIMG20220521200014 (resized).jpg

#189 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

This is my game with over 700 plays which = millions of balls
It was a later run with the "fixes" .
I'm not saying there weren't shit playfields and that JJP's response to the problem wasn't terrible .
But when they're done right , they're pretty good .
Even the unprotected front of the scoop still looks like new .
I don't think I would want a first run batch from any manufacturer , there always seems to be issues .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good! Not sure what Mirco changed, but the Hobbit play fields were the best by a long shot

#190 1 year ago

I'll be happy to play one but theme wise? hell no.

I am all for any pin that plays well but that has not been the strong suit for most JJPs. Always find it amusing that their two best playing pins (Dialed in and Wonka) are the two least popular.

Their market is the "wow look at all that shit on the playfield and lights" here is my deposit guy.

Looking forward to the people who buy without playing a single ball and then panic sell with 25 plays on it months later.

#191 1 year ago

Yep , The Hobbit Playfield was perfect . I had to sell it to get GNR but I hate to admit I play GNR a lot more .
I'm sure I heard a Flip N Out say they have brought playfields before , obviously I can't speak for them and you would have to chat to them first but Zach goes above and beyond to help his customers .

Quoted from PtownPin:

Looks good! Not sure what Mirco changed, but the Hobbit play fields were the best by a long shot

#192 1 year ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I'll be happy to play one but theme wise? hell no.
I am all for any pin that plays well but that has not been the strong suit for most JJPs. Always find it amusing that their two best playing pins (Dialed in and Wonka) are the two least popular.
Their market is the "wow look at all that shit on the playfield and lights" here is my deposit guy.
Looking forward to the people who buy without playing a single ball and then panic sell with 25 plays on it months later.

I don’t think Wonka should be included with least popular.They actually sold a good amount of this pin included a short run of 500 later when GnR was on mainline!
Same old fanboy bullshit from the same old crowd about a box of light argument!GnR has sold a shit ton for JJP and will continue to improve!

#193 1 year ago

in terms of sales I reckon POTC would qualify as the least popular. What other measure is there, the Pinside ranking?

#194 1 year ago

Oh yes, so different from the market of "wow a fan layout with 2 ramps, an orbit, a center bash target and the ball moves so fast through all that air and it's my #6 favorite super hero/band theme" here is my deposit guys. Clearly, those are the *real* pinball players.

#195 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Oh yes, so different from the market of "wow a fan layout with 2 ramps, an orbit, a center bash target and the ball moves so fast through all that air and it's my #6 favorite super hero/band theme" here is my deposit guys. Clearly, those are the *real* pinball players.

Is what it is... JJP puts playability toward the bottom of the list and it shows.

I'll take a stripped down game that plays great like AFM over any JJP.

#196 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I don’t think Wonka should be included with least popular.They actually sold a good amount of this pin included a short run of 500 later when GnR was on mainline!
Same old fanboy bullshit from the same old crowd about a box of light argument!GnR has sold a shit ton for JJP and will continue to improve!

GNR sold a ton.. as has every pin that came out last few years.

it's also the most overhyped and worst playing game of the last number of years maybe second to Ghostbusters... cant think of any other that was more of a disappointment.

#197 1 year ago

Is what it is... JJP puts playability toward the bottom of the list and it shows.

it's also the most overhyped and worst playing game of the last number of years maybe second to Ghostbusters... cant think of any other that was more of a disappointment.

Ok so are your out on a Toy Story pin,you could’ve just said that?
Elvis has now left the thread haha

#198 1 year ago

I get that. AFM is one of my favorite games. I have had mine for 14 years and will probably never part with it. That's why I own multiple pinball machines, so I can also have some that play completely different. I wouldn't want 20 games that have gameplay similar to AFM.

#199 1 year ago

Anything else

A9B200BF-E2CD-4D7B-81F1-422575215E44 (resized).jpegA9B200BF-E2CD-4D7B-81F1-422575215E44 (resized).jpeg
#200 1 year ago

It's a pretty fun pin especially if you're a GNR fan. The beauty of having multiple games is their different i.e. AFM, MM, TWD all play quite a bit differently than GNR. I do however agree with GB

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.