20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 61.
#1851 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

The seller has been trying to sell the spot since June 13th, they were originally trying to get a $2500 profit.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/137266

It's located in NY and he just posted this. I think Kaneda got kicked off Pinside or something so it's probably someone else's account.

I could be wrong though. The timing just seems like it.

#1852 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Yes, but he's been complaining ever since it's reveal. It is just odd that he ended up putting down a deposit after all the hate he had for it.
As far as I know nobody was accepting deposits until after it was reveal.

#1853 1 year ago

So....will the "Toy Story is a huge success, and a big win for Pat and JJP" people finally admit they are wrong?

Weeks after release, you can easily find multiple Toy Story CE's for MSRP or less on the market. And that's without even looking that hard, or calling around to Distros.

TS4CEs (resized).pngTS4CEs (resized).png

And there are multiple LEs listed for below MSRP as well, including ones ready to ship.

TS4LEs (resized).pngTS4LEs (resized).png

Just admit it people, TS4 is nowhere near the hit GNR was. And in a lot of ways is a miss. If you personally like or love it, then great, enjoy it and be happy with your $12k to $15k purchase. But clearly the market-at-large doesn't feel the value is there at JJP's suggested MSRP, so let's not pretend that TS4 is something that it's not.

#1854 1 year ago

P.S. I'm sure it's earning reasonably well on location. But that is about the only bright spot here.

#1855 1 year ago

It’s gotta earn at least 2x though just sayin - I myself will be putting my $$ in an on location machine and looking forward to it

Quoted from DakotaMike:

P.S. I'm sure it's earning reasonably well on location. But that is about the only bright spot here.

#1856 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

The timing just seems like it.

There's another seller asking $14k on the market, so they could just be trying to match the lowest prices listed.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/139957

#1857 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

So....will the "Toy Story is a huge success, and a big win for Pat and JJP" people finally admit they are wrong?
Weeks after release, you can easily find multiple Toy Story CE's for MSRP or less on the market. And that's without even looking that hard, or calling around to Distros.
[quoted image]
And there are multiple LEs listed for below MSRP as well, including ones ready to ship.
[quoted image]
Just admit it people, TS4 is nowhere near the hit GNR was. And in a lot of ways is a miss. If you personally like or love it, then great, enjoy it and be happy with your $12k to $15k purchase. But clearly the market-at-large doesn't feel the value is there at JJP's suggested MSRP, so let's not pretend that TS4 is something that it's not.

Hey I’ll admit it. They F Ed up on the pricing.

Went from 500 to 1,000 and raised the price.

A big mistake. The market at that level is weak.

FOMO gone at JJP, Spooky and Stern LEs coming.

Rush LEs are plentiful!

#1858 1 year ago

Not so sure comparing GnR to TS4 is fair. GnR had crazy hype and has since kinda faded especially on gameplay. I know many collectors that have one and moved on pretty quick. There's plenty GnR available at $9500 and $11k new. If TS4 was $11k new and selling used at $9500, this would be a very different conversation. I dont love TS4, but its fun and seems on the surface a pretty easy shooter. But it needs more code, and with more objectives and modes might sneak into more homes..

#1859 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Not so sure comparing GnR to TS4 is a good thing. GnR had crazy hype and has since kinda faded on gameplay. I know many collectors that have one and moved on pretty quick. There's plenty GnR available at $9500 and $11k new. If TS4 was $11k new and selling used at $9500, this would be a very different conversation. I dont love TS4, but its fun and seems on the surface a pretty easy shooter. But it needs more code, and with more objectives and modes might sneak into more homes..

GNR is a great pin experience.

Try picking up a CE at discount. Not happening.

It’s also gorgeous

500 at $12,500? You got something.

The “LE” is not an LE. Period

#1860 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Not so sure comparing GnR to TS4 is fair. GnR had crazy hype and has since kinda faded especially on gameplay. I know many collectors that have one and moved on pretty quick. There's plenty GnR available at $9500 and $11k new. If TS4 was $11k new and selling used at $9500, this would be a very different conversation. I dont love TS4, but its fun and seems on the surface a pretty easy shooter. But it needs more code, and with more objectives and modes might sneak into more homes..

Totally disagree....GNR was released at $9.5K, which is probably where 90% of the sales took place so the reality is its holding value very well. My guess is JJP sold very few GNR LE's at $11K....GNR CE's are still way above MSRP

#1861 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

GNR is a great pin experience.
Try picking up a CE at discount. Not happening.
It’s also gorgeous

I agree that GnR is gorgeous, and i have no interest in a CE, i think the LE is by far the best version and price point. I love GnR as a band, but not this version of it. Every time I consider snagging one I end up with something else..

#1862 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Totally disagree....GNR was released at $9.5K, which is probably where 90% of the sales took place so the reality is its holding value very well. My guess is JJP sold very few GNR LE's at $11K....GNR CE's are still way above MSRP

Agree and disagree... the hype surrounding GnRs release was absolute insanity. GnR at $11k is another pricing mistake for JJP, and then they doubled down on TS4 at $12k. There are plenty of pins from all the major manufacturers that have similar or better success.

#1863 1 year ago

Agree with a code update could push demand for the game. See Wonka CE for example. Most know they could easily get picked up at local distro….
I think after the last big code dump it polished off the code and improved it by a big margin.

That is what I’ve gathered from folks on different platforms as I do not own a CE.

Can TS4 CE have the same outcome?? I agree it’s tough with 1,000 units

#1864 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nonsense, couple of reasons but it’s to late here to explain it to you.

#1865 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I agree that GnR is gorgeous, and i have no interest in a CE, i think the LE is by far the best version and price point. I love GnR as a band, but not this version of it. Every time I consider snagging one I end up with something else..

You are missing out. In a home environment with upgraded Pinwoofer speakers.

And JJP sold a ton of GNR. Biggest seller exceeding WOZ. They thought TS4 would top it. Misguided

Its heaven.

Pinwoofer take Aerosmith to another level. Every pin really. Have em nearly all

#1866 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Agree with a code update could push demand for the game. See Wonka CE for example. Most know they could easily get picked up at local distro….
I think after the last big code dump it polished off the code and improved it by a big margin.
That is what I’ve gathered from folks on different platforms as I do not own a CE.
Can TS4 CE have the same outcome?? I agree it’s tough with 1,000 units

That’s true too. Glad to have picked up a Wonka CE on close out.

It might take a few years to have market absorb TS4

#1867 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Agree and disagree... the hype surrounding GnRs release was absolute insanity. GnR at $11k is another pricing mistake for JJP, and then they doubled down on TS4 at $12k. There are plenty of pins from all the major manufacturers that have similar or better success.

I'm not sure what your point is? If your point is JJP pricing structure is misguided than I agree.

#1868 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That’s true too. Glad to have picked up a Wonka CE on close out.
It might take a few years to have market absorb TS4

My guess is distributors will be sitting on CE's for years. I wonder if distributors got wind of JJP's pricing structure prior to purchase?

#1869 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:You are missing out. In a home environment with upgraded Pinwoofer speakers.
Its heaven.

I am sure you are right.. but with this.. I feel like I'm not missing out...

20220519_211712 (resized).jpg20220519_211712 (resized).jpg20220521_153253 (resized).jpg20220521_153253 (resized).jpg

#1870 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm not sure what your point is? If your point is JJP pricing structure is misguided than I agree.

My point is YES GnR sold a bunch at $9500.. and YES JJPs pricing is misguided... AND GnR is not anymore successful than many other pins...

#1871 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I have a BIB with the same setup....its a fun game and my favorite band, but GNR is on a whole different level

#1872 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

My point is YES GnR sold a bunch at $9500.. and YES JJPs pricing is misguided... AND GnR is not anymore successful than many other pins...

I'm sure your correct as Stern as put out some really nice games recently (DP, JP, GZ to name a few)

#1873 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I have a BIB with the same setup....its a fun game and my favorite band, but GNR is on a whole different level

I found GnR floaty and slow. My ACDC is in your face.. but I won't say GnR is bad. It's a great pin, but would rather have my STh, DP, ACDC, and GZ.. Maybe some day I'll give GnR a chance. Hell.. maybe I'll have GnR and TS4 together.

#1874 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm sure your correct as Stern as put out some really nice games recently (DP, JP, GZ to name a few)

100%

#1875 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You are missing out. In a home environment with upgraded Pinwoofer speakers.
And JJP sold a ton of GNR. Biggest seller exceeding WOZ. They thought TS4 would top it. Misguided
Its heaven.

Paul M’s song is the only decent one in the whole bunch and a cover at that. But after playing it for the 50th time, its a snooze fest. People are now realizing the shots are lame and slow as an old dog. You should have discovered this by now Dougy.

GNR owners will defend a game that should have cost no more than a Pro. Sorry owners a $10 greatest hits GNR CD with a thousand string $20 LED light kit, nearly fulfills the same GNR JJP dog and pony show. Throw in a steel ball to toss around and wala, you have GNR for $32 dollars, not crazy priced at $12k +. Lol JJP games sucker priced as the most expensive mirages in all of pinball. Only WOZ was value packed at $6500. TS4 pricing is a whole level on its own of stupidity and greed. TS4 NIB will be around for many years to come, till distributors get tired of cleaning all the dust off the boxes and off load them at big discounts.

(Forgot, we need to throw into the package another half dozen pinballs to simulate Multiball after multiball like the $12K plus game does to be fair. So add another $12 to the $32.)

Upgrading the sound system of any machine is a must! Soooo much better!

#1876 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Paul M’s song is the only decent one in the whole bunch and a cover at that. But after playing it for the 50th time, its a snooze fest. People are now realizing the shots are lame and slow as an old dog. You should have discover this by now Dougy.
Just like this thread, GNR owners will defend a game that should have cost no more than a Pro. Sorry owners a $10 greatest hits GNR CD with a thousand string $20 LED light kit, fulfills the same GNR JJP dog and pony show. Throw in a steel ball to toss around and wala, you have GNR for $32 dollars, not crazy priced at $12k +. Lol JJP games sucker priced as the most expensive mirages in all of pinball. Only WOZ was value packed at $6500. TS4 NIB will be around for many years to come, till distributors get tired of cleaning all the dust off the boxes and off load them at big discounts.
Upgrading the sound system of any machine is a must! Soooo much better!

Nah....I guess its easy to throw stones when u don't own any games

#1877 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Nah....I guess its easy to throw stones when u don't own any games

Oh I own plenty of games, even JJP.

#1878 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Oh I own plenty of games, even JJP.

Oh...typically people who dont show their collection dont own many machines and just like to throw stones. I own many games from multiple manufacturers and I find most are fun...some better than others depending on my mood. I can't say I've ever played or owned a modern game that wasn't fun in some way.

#1879 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Ok we admit it is a total failure !
Now do you feel better?

#1880 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

[quoted image][quoted image]

You are. Trust me.

I’ve owned a lot of pins. Still do.

AC/DC included. Sold it. Will get it back.

GNR is the best fun rock out pinball experience ever

If you want to be a tournament player then go with with some other Lyman or Elwin ruleset.

Have plenty of those.

Nothing like GNR, with all the band assets, light show etc. period

#1881 1 year ago

“JJP GNR, - you in or out?” is so 2020… what is happening to this thread?!

#1882 1 year ago

Man I could not wait for drains to ball with G and R. It is a belay game and for me it ends there. To each their own.

#1883 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Man I could not wait for drains to ball with G and R. It is a belay game and for me it ends there. To each their own.

Not a lot of credibility considering you bought Halloween

#1884 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Not a lot of credibility considering you bought Halloween

This is too funny and the reason I don’t list my games,

#1885 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

This is too funny and the reason I don’t list my games,

Well if I had one game and it was Halloween I wouldn't list it either

#1886 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You are. Trust me.
I’ve owned a lot of pins. Still do.
AC/DC included. Sold it. Will get it back.
GNR is the best fun rock out pinball experience ever
If you want to be a tournament player then go with with some other Lyman or Elwin ruleset.
Have plenty of those.
Nothing like GNR, with all the band assets, light show etc. period

Half GnRs songs kinda suck. Appetite and Lies i enjoyed.. by Illusion i was like where the F did GnR go? And I dont recognize the band now. How bout just use old music video clips? Instead we get carrot top on steriods. Great lights.. but its been said before, after the lights and art work.. whats really there? Multiball? Spinning disc?

Not surprised that TS4 seems lacking as it's kinda the same recipe of ... lights and being, but where's the "fun" stuff?

#1887 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, his distributor wanted a deposit to get locked in. Oh well!
Of course he's complaining...he thought it was going to be actual Toy Story and Lawlor's best ever...but it turned out to be "Carnival with Toy Story 4 assets sort of" with nothing cool on the playfield.

He thought he was gonna make bank flipping it. Thats Kaneda, a flipper at heart.

#1888 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And JJP sold a ton of GNR. Biggest seller exceeding WOZ.

JJP sold a little under 5,000 GnR units total across all models. WOZ is still the number one all time selling JJP game at 7,500(ish) units.

Both WOZ and GnR are huge successes for JJP. TS4 will also be a big success given its higher price point. Jack recently said the next reveal should only be 9 months out. JJP never hits their release target dates…but TS4 shouldn’t need to be on the line for 20 months like GnR was…

#1889 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

but TS4 shouldn’t need to be on the line for 20 months like GnR was…

Nor should it be..

#1890 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Nor should it be..

Is it still even on the line?

#1891 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

With distributors stocked to the gills with TS4 units no one wants, it can’t be on the line still. Tooling up for the Dogfather is my guess…

#1892 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thats funny! They will probably build out LE's until CE parts arrive, and then move to the next title

#1893 1 year ago

When is the CE scheduled to go on the line?

#1894 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

With distributors stocked to the gills with TS4 units no one wants, it can’t be on the line still. Tooling up for the Dogfather is my guess…

There’s my buddy Jimmy West. Lol

Jimmy doesn’t put his games up publicly due to potential ridicule.

Yeah. Say what you want. Anybody.

GNR is a pinball experience masterpiece.

I have a GZLE. #1 pin. It’s a great shooting nerd out pin.

That’s is gone LONG before GNR.

Might be time for Jimmy and Ho’s to move on? I know Jimmy will never spit the bit. Epic JJP hate

#1895 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is distributors will be sitting on CE's for years. I wonder if distributors got wind of JJP's pricing structure prior to purchase?

I agree, most who wanted a CE would have easily got one on sale day 1. They were not hard to find, so if I didn’t want one then, I’m really not going to want one now at MSRP. It’ll be a huge discount for sure from the would be scalpers. The scalpers will get scalped on this pin. Non-refundable deposits indeed.

#1896 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I agree, most who wanted a CE would have easily got one on sale day 1. They were not hard to find, so if I didn’t want one then, I’m really not going to want one now at MSRP. It’ll be a huge discount for sure from the would be scalpers. The scalpers will get scalped on this pin. Non-refundable deposits indeed.

Genius move Rai. Lol

#1897 1 year ago

GnR LE starts off at 9500.Playfield issues took it to 10500.Then for some reason climbed further to 11500 before settling at 11000.Sales stopped and when the TS4SE was released it had a price tag of 12000.WTF are they thinking ? JJP is single handedly popping the (dare I say it ) bubble !!! I understand that manufactures don’t like leaving $ on the table but sometimes that extra $ keeps the wheel spinning .

#1898 1 year ago

Game is too easy for the average player and priced way too high for the casual buyer. I wonder how many people will just give up their deposits.

#1899 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Oh...typically people who dont show their collection dont own many machines and just like to throw stones. I own many games from multiple manufacturers and I find most are fun...some better than others depending on my mood. I can't say I've ever played or owned a modern game that wasn't fun in some way.

Well said. It's all about just playing and enjoying it.

#1900 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That’s is gone LONG before GNR.

Might be time for Jimmy and Ho’s to move on?

Easy there Goose.. everyone gets to have their say... even if they don't agree with you.

That's your decision to let GZ go. GnR won't get any better. GZ is already #1, and still may get more code. GnR has been weighed, measured, and found wanting...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Contact
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 35.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.