20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 61.
#1801 1 year ago

What pitch should the game be set to?.

#1802 1 year ago

This game will be around for a while in NIB form if anyone ever wants to grab one down the road , I am waiting to see what the next release before I would even consider it.. I can say if 12k is the new LE price than JJP lost a customer who bought 5 of their games previously. I will just stick with CGC and Stern.

#1803 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

This game will be around for a while in NIB form if anyone ever wants to grab one down the road , I am waiting to see what the next release before I would even consider it.. I can say if 12k is the new LE price than JJP lost a customer who bought 5 of their games previously. I will just stick with CGC and Stern.

Funny I'm in the same camp as u, and I told them that in the survey they sent out

#1804 1 year ago

Just got my TS$ delivered. I really like the game. I had played it before in a showroom, but with a dark environment the light show is spectacular. Not sure, other than the price, why people negatively critique this pin. All my visitors seem to immediately migrate to this pin and play it longer than my other seven pins. The ball flow is great and some shots are challenging. The fidelity to the movie is very good and although I am not into kiddie themes, both TS4 and WW are two of my best pins.

#1805 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I will just stick with CGC and Stern.

*American Pinball enters the chatroom*

#1806 1 year ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Just got my TS$ delivered. I really like the game. I had played it before in a showroom, but with a dark environment the light show is spectacular. Not sure, other than the price, why people negatively critique this pin. All my visitors seem to immediately migrate to this pin and play it longer than my other seven pins. The ball flow is great and some shots are challenging. The fidelity to the movie is very good and although I am not into kiddie themes, both TS4 and WW are two of my best pins.

Because its easy, nothing to shoot, cute plastic figurines and long ball times. Also, 2 pinballs in 1 with the integrated knock off Ipad. Whats not to absolutely love?

#1807 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I, like PtownPin have purchased many JJP's pins (7 NIB for me). I also completed the survey and mentioned how high and insane these prices are. Plus, at those prices, the quality needs to be "10". Along with top-notch customer service and taking care of customers. Step up and own it, if there's an issue (i.e. playfield chipping and pooling).

#1808 1 year ago

I have to totally agree. I was eagerly waiting for the release of Toy Story 4 even ready to pay a premium for a JJ pin. At these prices the game would have to blow me away which TS4 just didn't. So instead I'm now in line for a Godzilla Premium.

#1809 1 year ago

I'm in ...

IMG_3625 (resized).jpegIMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
#1810 1 year ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

I'm in ...
[quoted image]

Love the cake toppers, adds that little something extra, like an extra joke, to go along with this joke of a pin.

#1811 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Love the cake toppers, adds that little something extra, like an extra joke, to go along with this joke of a pin.

I’m not sure I understand having a topper that repeats the game’s title with the wrong logo/font. Aesthetically unpleasant.

#1812 1 year ago

I’m super happy the operator’s are killing it with TS4. It sure will help JJP sell out of TS4.

#1813 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I’m super happy the operator’s are killing it with TS4. It sure will help JJP sell out of TS4.

Going to take ALOT if plays to recoup $12,000. Probably wont happen

#1814 1 year ago

Well this is the first pin I wanted to sell and I am. Well built and pretty as hell. First pin i just do not get any enjoyment from.

#1815 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Going to take ALOT if plays to recoup $12,000. Probably wont happen

It doesn't have to. As they'll eventually sell it and the game ought to maintain some level of value.

In fact most locations near me get the limited run versions of games when they can because they maintain their value better. In most cases they've been able to sell their beat-up games after a few years of earning well at a busy location for a couple grand more than they paid for it.

I have a hard time believing a TS4 LE will grow in value, but I don't think it's going to drop more than a couple grand. As JJP will likely only make enough to fill demand from their distributors before they switch over to their next title.

#1816 1 year ago
Quoted from Silvabullet:

I have to totally agree. I was eagerly waiting for the release of Toy Story 4 even ready to pay a premium for a JJ pin. At these prices the game would have to blow me away which TS4 just didn't. So instead I'm now in line for a Godzilla Premium.

I did the same thing and i am glad i did ( i already have a GZ since last week )

#1817 1 year ago

You will not regret that. A better choice has never been made

#1818 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’m not sure I understand having a topper that repeats the game’s title with the wrong logo/font. Aesthetically unpleasant.

Lol yeah that looks like it came off some chinese bootleg box of toys

#1819 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Gotta say what an absolute disaster this game has been. I remember calling distros trying to get on a CE list and being told their lists were hundreds deep. Now i see distros have plenty of LE's sitting and Ce's(not a lot though)are still available. I'm in on a CE but if i could move down to an LE i would. I think this will be the last nail in the nonrefundable deposit coffin

The LE model of any of their pins will never sell out. It is their base model that they make until the run is over and they are on to another pin. I do think they were foolish to not make the CEs first.

I believe the CEs have sold out just not through. So as far as JP is concerned they've sold all their CE's at 15K. Not too shabby. Honestly, I can't understand the fomo in people's heart to purchase CEs before playing the game. Is it really that bad to have to settle on the LE if they all sell out?

#1820 1 year ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Honestly, I can't understand the fomo in people's heart to purchase CEs before playing the game. Is it really that bad to have to settle on the LE if they all sell out?

This is not about FOMO on the CE features but about FOMO to miss out on the next JJPPOTC CE Money Making Opportunity.

The idea is to snag a CE for $15k and re-sell it for $25k. That’s what’s driving the FOMO. Not the signed certificate of authenticity and the different artwork.

#1821 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

It doesn't have to. As they'll eventually sell it and the game ought to maintain some level of value.
In fact most locations near me get the limited run versions of games when they can because they maintain their value better. In most cases they've been able to sell their beat-up games after a few years of earning well at a busy location for a couple grand more than they paid for it.
I have a hard time believing a TS4 LE will grow in value, but I don't think it's going to drop more than a couple grand. As JJP will likely only make enough to fill demand from their distributors before they switch over to their next title.

You're saying the operator is selling a beat up routed LE for more than what they paid? I find that really hard to believe a routed Stern LE or JJP with thousands of games and in rough shape sells for more than what they paid

#1822 1 year ago
TS4 toy story stream ad promo flip n out (resized).pngTS4 toy story stream ad promo flip n out (resized).png
#1823 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

You're saying the operator is selling a beat up routed LE for more than what they paid? I find that really hard to believe a routed Stern LE or JJP with thousands of games and in rough shape sells for more than what they paid

Take out the 'beat up' portion of your assertion and some titles yes, the title has appreciated enough to make even routed games worth more than purchase price.

The thing is an operator can't COUNT on that... but when it does happen, you analyze if the appreciation gain is worth more to you than the future earnings. Sometimes timing the market is really valuable.

It boils down to availability and demand for the title... just like every other sale.

#1824 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Just look through the Pinside archive for routed games. You'll see a bunch of Stern LEs selling for a couple grand over Msrp.

#1826 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Take out the 'beat up' portion of your assertion and some titles yes, the title has appreciated enough to make even routed games worth more than purchase price.
The thing is an operator can't COUNT on that... but when it does happen, you analyze if the appreciation gain is worth more to you than the future earnings. Sometimes timing the market is really valuable.
It boils down to availability and demand for the title... just like every other sale.

I hear what you're saying, but thats not what he said in his comment as he used the words "beat up" ..... the current market is a bit of an anomaly so I can see a popular routed Stern LE in good shape selling for more, but I don't see a beat up version of the same game selling anywhere close to MSRP. Most buyers of these games value condition probably more than anything.

#1827 1 year ago

I think Karl knew he was out before he unboxed it, just way too easy for him, especially in a small collection. I watched a stream where he eventually let the wizard mode MB drain out on purpose, twice in the same game. Seems like he was happy to run it through the collection and learn the rules, though.

#1828 1 year ago

Not many NIB keepers people, eXpexially at today's prices

#1830 1 year ago

...but only like $1 per minute.

#1831 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

I think Karl knew he was out before he unboxed it, just way too easy for him, especially in a small collection. I watched a stream where he eventually let the wizard mode MB drain out on purpose, twice in the same game. Seems like he was happy to run it through the collection and learn the rules, though.

It says he played 12 full games is this pin that easy lol.

#1832 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

It says he played 12 full games is this pin that easy lol.

Well he is a decent player

#1833 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Thank you for your assessment.

#1834 1 year ago

Played it on location a few days ago, not impressed. Sure, I spent way to little money to actually understand the rules properly but it didn't give me that "just one more play" feeling at all. Didn't really like the extra screen on the playfield either, there already is a bigass screen in the backbox.

#1835 1 year ago

Yeah that guy Karl, watched a bunch of his streams with TS4.

I don’t ever want to be that good of a player. It would make every game get old fast.

#1836 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Cost him $41 a game. :/

$200 lost on this one so far without any games played.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/138066

#1837 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

$200 lost on this one so far without any games played.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/138066

That’s a change of tune, had wanted $200 premium a few weeks ago.

#1838 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Started off wanting a $1k profit 31 days ago.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/105#post-7001216

#1839 1 year ago

Be interesting to see how many CE buyers drop out prior to ponying up $14K

#1840 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Firm LOL

#1841 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Be interesting to see how many CE buyers drop out prior to ponying up $14K

I've seen the deposits cost anywhere from $200-$3500. This seller is willing to lose $1k to get out.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/139064

#1842 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

I've seen the deposits cost anywhere from $200-$3500. This seller is willing to lose $1k to get out.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/139064

I'm fairly certain that is just Kaneda's.

That guy just like to cause drama. I'm pretty sure he said he'd never buy one after it's reveal, yet he somehow ended up with a CE pre order.

#1843 1 year ago

That guy just like to cause drama. I'm pretty sure he said he'd never buy one after it's reveal, yet he somehow ended up with a CE pre order.

He was on the list months before the reveal, because he thought it was going to be Toy Story, not TS4.

#1844 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He was on the list months before the reveal, because he thought it was going to be Toy Story, not TS4.

Yes, but he's been complaining ever since it's reveal. It is just odd that he ended up putting down a deposit after all the hate he had for it.

Nobody was accepting deposits until after it was reveal.

#1845 1 year ago

Yes, but he's been complaining ever since it's reveal. It is just odd that he ended up putting down a deposit. Nobody was accepting deposits before the reveal.

Well, his distributor wanted a deposit to get locked in. Oh well!

Of course he's complaining...he thought it was going to be actual Toy Story and Lawlor's best ever...but it turned out to be "Carnival with Toy Story 4 assets sort of" with nothing cool on the playfield.

#1846 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, his distributor wanted a deposit to get locked in. Oh well!
Of course he's complaining...he thought it was going to be actual Toy Story and Lawlor's best ever...but it turned out to be "Carnival with Toy Story 4 assets sort of" with nothing cool on the playfield.

I've never heard of any distributor that requires a non-refundable deposit before the game is revealed.

I personally don't believe that is what happened. If it did, that is an awful practice.

#1847 1 year ago

I've never heard of any distributor that requires a non-refundable deposit before the game is revealed.
I personally don't believe that is what happened. If it did, that is an awful practice.

#1848 1 year ago

Nobody was accepting deposits until after it was reveal.

office.gifoffice.gif
#1849 1 year ago

The seller has been trying to sell the spot since June 13th, they were originally trying to get a $2500 profit.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/137266

#1850 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

The seller has been trying to sell the spot since June 13th, they originally were trying to get a $2500 profit.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/137266

People should have followed my lead and not be greedy. Thankfully worked out for me, but I’d suspect it would be a little difficult to get rid of your spot now.

Too many available slots from distros. Why get it from another buyer when you can go directly to the distro of your choice?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Blanc Township, MI
9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Olive Township, NJ
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.