20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 61.
#1501 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Fake news for now. I see ONE where the guy has changed his mind (selling at cost) and another sale pending at $17,500. That being said, I think current margins are very tight for flippers. JJP gobbled up the flipper profit for itself. I guarantee you that some of the people who dropped their CE spots claiming the reason was game quality/theme/whatever are just flippers who realize they may not make any money on this one.

How is this fake news? There are 2 in the marketplace currently. I said starting. Bath time will be soon though.

#1502 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Fake news for now.

20220630_142850 (resized).jpg20220630_142850 (resized).jpg3c0384_943e842f58f74ebf98cba27a7f6dba71_mv2.gif3c0384_943e842f58f74ebf98cba27a7f6dba71_mv2.gif
#1503 1 year ago

I tried the game again at the arcade and then this happened after my first attempt to hit the jump ramp. Ball got stuck on my another time as well.

CABCC8AC-E110-4506-ACD5-C14B569CA906 (resized).jpegCABCC8AC-E110-4506-ACD5-C14B569CA906 (resized).jpeg
#1504 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

[quoted image][quoted image]

When I checked and when he posted, it was one. But as Billy Madison said: “Proceed!”

#1505 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

If John Lasseter were involved he might have rescued this game, like he did Toy Story 3 (when it wasn't coming together after 2 years). Don't know who is the creative director at JJP, but they could look to him for inspiration.

Ummmm....Lasseter ...um....don't know how to tell you this....um....doesn't work for Pixar anymore.

#1506 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ummmm....Lasseter ...um....don't know how to tell you this....um....doesn't work for Pixar anymore.

I didn't say he did. He worked for Pixar/Disney on TS3...saving it from the disaster it almost was (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435761/).

I see why you were confused...I was kidding that maybe he could have saved this game if he were involved. Sorry if the jk was too subtle

#1507 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And why you don’t see anyone say we are currently in a “recession”. We might have just seen peak inflation and commodity prices are rolling over. It might “feel like it” to some. Others it’s a boom time!

Well. That didn't last long.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/key-fed-gdp-tracker-turns-negative-signaling-recession-here

#1508 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I was hugged by Lasseter....

#1509 1 year ago

Did you read the article? It’s not “official” yet. But probably will end up there. Who knows.

That’s how it works, just finished the 2nd quarter. I don’t think it really matters that much if it’s -1% or +1%. Doesn’t really feel any different does it.

The media is going to hate to have to report that data so maybe it will miraculously turn into a +1%.

#1510 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The media is going to hate to have to report that data so maybe it will miraculously turn into a +1%.

They dislike it so much they are already out in front, softening the impact.

Again. Recession is a backwards indicating measure. When you reach the metric that indicates an undeniable trigger, you have already been in recession for 6 months.

You aren't informing anyone of anything but your positive outlook for a future that is not in the numbers.

#1511 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

They dislike it so much they are already out in front, softening the impact.
Again. Recession is a backwards indicating measure. When you reach the metric that indicates an undeniable trigger, you have already been in recession for 6 months.
You aren't informing anyone of anything but your positive outlook for a future that is not in the numbers.

Yeah there is no “softening the impact” of the word itself. Notice where the story is, Fox News, maybe you get my point?

It can be a self fulfilling prophecy.

This one if it’s “technical” now? A run of the mill bear market and mild recession.

As supply chain issues get better in the second half, China re-opening, and inflation coming down we should return to positive GDP growth.

And there are still 2-1 job openings out there and “full employment”.

#1512 1 year ago

Played TS4 again today at the local pinball arcade. I didn't find it nearly as fun as the first time I played it.

Theme aside, I think I like Wonka and Dialed In better. They're more fun to shoot.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Toy Story 4 has a prominent scene involving a pinball machine, and it's used in clever fashion.
Toy Story 1-3 does not.
Toy Story 4 for the win.
Also it's series made for little kids I can't believe how much you people care about this shit.

TS4 is more of a movie for adults. The other 3 are the kiddie ones. A lot of deep empty-nester stuff in TS4.

#1513 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Played TS4 again today at the local pinball arcade. I didn't find it nearly as fun as the first time I played it.
Theme aside, I think I like Wonka and Dialed In better. They're more fun to shoot.

TS4 is more of a movie for adults. The other 3 are the kiddie ones. A lot of deep empty-nester stuff in TS4.

The more I play Wonka the more I like it.

Hopefully TS4 is not the opposite scenario for folks Mike.

Is it just layout or overall “fun factor” for you

#1514 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

How is this fake news? There are 2 in the marketplace currently. I said starting. Bath time will be soon though.

I shouldn’t have said that. It’s your opinion on where things are going to go. I have a feeling they will sell out and there won’t be the losses seen on Halloween but we’ll see. Looks like 1 of the 2 went pending at $15k (no loss) and the other changed the price to $2,500 and that may confuse some people. I think he just wants out but it may appear he wants $2,500 on top

#1515 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The more I play Wonka the more I like it.
Hopefully TS4 is not the opposite scenario for folks Mike.
Is it just layout or overall “fun factor” for you

Yeah, once the wow factor of "I'm playing the brand new JJP game" wore off, I found it a little boring to shoot.

The upper flipper only has one shot with a mostly hidden path, and it's very difficult to repeat, so no Beatles/Godzilla looping fun. The skill shot is annoying to try and get, and not at all fun like a skill shot should be. And overall, just didn't find TS4 that satisfying to shoot/play.

It wasn't terrible or anything, but Wonka is definitely more kinetic-ly satisfying, and has a much better skill-shot plunge.

After today, it went from a "maybe I'd own one someday for less-than-msrp 2nd-hand prices" to feeling like I probably don't need to ever own this game.

But we'll see. I'll definitely give it more plays.

#1516 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Recession is a backwards indicating measure.

at the same time the stock market is 'forward looking', and since it is down 20% during those same 6 months i guess it knew what was coming.

#1517 1 year ago

I spent a few hours playing TS4 and I don't need to play it anymore. Brand new game out of the box we had ball hang-ups in multiple locations but those can be fixed.

The iPad is a waste of space and the other top half of the pf is just pop bumpers. Layout has good flow but the upper flipper is lacking shots. Jump ramp is the most satisfying shot but I hit it at least a dozen consecutive times.
Skill shot sucks. Sling action on the game is a problem I had to nudge a few times to break it out of the nonstop volley.

My biggest complaint besides high price is the JJP sound effects are earfuckery. I think it's annoying like Wonka I will never own either of them they drive me nuts. I think Dialed In is Pat's best JJP. I hope that TS4 is not his last game.

#1518 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

I spent a few hours playing TS4 and I don't need to play it anymore. Brand new game out of the box we had ball hang-ups in multiple locations but those can be fixed.
The iPad is a waste of space and the other top half of the pf is just pop bumpers. Layout has good flow but the upper flipper is lacking shots. Jump ramp is the most satisfying shot but I hit it at least a dozen consecutive times.
Skill shot sucks. Sling action on the game is a problem I had to nudge a few times to break it out of the nonstop volley.
My biggest complaint besides high price is the JJP sound effects are earfuckery. I think it's annoying like Wonka I will never own either of them they drive me nuts. I think Dialed In is Pat's best JJP. I hope that TS4 is not his last game.

I had the same with the slingshots where the ball was volleying back and forth at least 12 times. It didn’t happen all the time but when it did it was total buzzkill. It looked to me like the slingshot was angled back more than typical.

#1519 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

My biggest complaint besides high price is the JJP sound effects are earfuckery.

Hilarious characterization...spot-on. DI is a great game - the primary reason I decided to let mine go was the lackluster, boring, annoying sound effects (and this game appears to be much worse in that regard). Someone at JJP should play Rush and hit the time machine...the sound effects turn a "meh" mech into an awesome shot.

#1520 1 year ago

Haha-that Hitler video with the comment on how the Canada Kaboom ramp shot is the saving grace of this game had me cracking up-good stuff.

I think the game looks like it will be fun to play. People keep saying it is not stuffed enough with toys and it is too empty probably need to play it first. Some of my favorite games are games with simple layouts and rule sets. Games like TNA and Led Zeppelin-are they bare or are they badass? Sometimes less is more with overstuffed clunky playing playfields. I still do not care for the theme, the rainbow upside down pinstadiums, the useless ipad, the useless 4 pop bumpers that do nothing-but hey it still looks fun to me? Maybe the Canada Kaboom ramp will make me smile-who knows?

#1521 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Haha-that Hitler video with the comment on how the Canada Kaboom ramp shot is the saving grace of this game had me cracking up-good stuff.
I think the game looks like it will be fun to play. People keep saying it is not stuffed enough with toys and it is too empty probably need to play it first. Some of my favorite games are games with simple layouts and rule sets. Games like TNA and Led Zeppelin-are they bare or are they badass? Sometimes less is more with overstuffed clunky playing playfields. I still do not care for the theme, the rainbow upside down pinstadiums, the useless ipad, the useless 4 pop bumpers that do nothing-but hey it still looks fun to me? Maybe the Canada Kaboom ramp will make me smile-who knows?

It is fun, but at $12-15k?

I paid $6k for TNA and you can get DI for less than $8K.

#1522 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

We all agree it is over priced, but nowadays what is not overpriced?

I think the game is worth between $7500-$9000

If people really want it-it is what it is

It is an extra $3000, etc-yes but some people make that much in a couple days work-so there is that

#1523 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

You got a bargain on TNA if you bought it recently. That game seems to be going for 8k and up (but certainly not selling for less than 7k at this point!). Still an insanely fun game, especially when playing with others.

#1524 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

If Spooky comes out with TNA 2.0, I’m buying that machine.

It’s true games that are executed Well broken down with simple Mechs/flow are still really enjoyable.

That was why I wanted TS4, but after talking to the lady with limited pin space I had to buy Wonka instead.

#1525 1 year ago

Hot Wheels is a really good layout with well matched rules and really cool lighting. It should have had more designed in it like a kaboom jump, an inverted ramp and 360 wireform. It suffers from a theme that is meh. But the gameplay / excitement created / moments on Hotwheels is equal to TS4 for me and it is a $7.5k pin. With those mechanical elements added, it would make Hot Wheels re-enter my home. Toy Story 4 has good bones but it does not create much excitement, nor is it remembered once you’ve walked away. Maybe there is a lack of meaningful moments?

#1526 1 year ago

Would you rather get a Toy Story LE or a Cactus Canyon LE? Weird that I do not like JJP games but still would choose TS4 for some reason?

#1527 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Would you rather get a Toy Story LE or a Cactus Canyon LE?

I’m a huge TS fan, but TS4 was a hard pass. It’s eye candy with not much to shoot which will get old (and dated) quickly. And NGG did the signature shot much better anyway.

From a strictly value perspective CCrLE wins hands down (almost on the topper and future Lyman code package alone). It’s a timeless theme, funny, nice variety of shots and has that “just one more game” appeal. And it’s $3k less, $4k if the topper isn’t a big deal for you.

CCrLE is going in my game room in the spot previously reserved for Toy Story.

#1529 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Dialed In hasn't been sub $8k in a long time (at least LE's which are the more desirable model). Sold my HUO LE last year for $8500 and it's probably around that or maybe $9k at this time.

#1530 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

From a strictly value perspective CCrLE wins hands down

When I was posting this question I thought-am I going to bait Jim?

For me Cactus Canyon is been there done that

#1531 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

When I was posting this question I thought-am I going to bait Jim?
For me Cactus Canyon is been there done that

Lol. If you’ve already decided CCr isn’t for you, why ask?

#1532 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

If you’ve already decided CCr isn’t for you, why ask?

Not that it is not for me, but which one would I really want to spend 12k on? If I really had to choose it would be TS4. Cactus Canyon blows TS4 out of the water in terms of mechs-but how about the fun factor? Just making a comparison because they are priced the same and new releases.

#1533 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not that it is not for me, but which one would I really want to spend 12k on? If I really had to choose it would be TS4. Cactus Canyon blows TS4 out of the water in terms of mechs-but how about the fun factor? Just making a comparison because they are priced the same and new releases.

CCr is $8k, the SE+/LE with interactive topper is $9250.
TS4 is $12k or $15k with non-interactive topper.

Certainly not priced the same

TS4 was fun to play for an hour and I’ll play it again but I wouldn’t buy it.

CCr will be a sleeper hit. It may not have the sizzle of TS4 but it’s quite fun. Neither game is terribly deep though I expect CCr will change that with the upgrade code.

#1534 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Also it's series made for little kids I can't believe how much you people care about this shit.

Says the guy that's posted 22 times in this thread
steve-harvey-im-just-saying.gifsteve-harvey-im-just-saying.gif

#1535 1 year ago

Either JJP have given up on “hardcore collectors” for TS4, or this was the target audience all along………

1433C711-9476-4DF0-AE72-A9CAB85D0B30 (resized).png1433C711-9476-4DF0-AE72-A9CAB85D0B30 (resized).png5BE0F9E2-98AD-4027-861A-DCA9140429EF (resized).png5BE0F9E2-98AD-4027-861A-DCA9140429EF (resized).png
#1536 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:Says the guy that's posted 22 times in this thread
[quoted image]

Post counting is the last refuge of a scoundrel!!

#1537 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Either JJP have given up on “hardcore collectors” for TS4, or this was the target audience all along………

Maybe their ambition is just like pixars movies, beeing fun for the whole family?

That said, i think there should have been more in it and a bigger variation of shots and shot difficulty. That with regards to the price.

#1538 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

...or this was the target audience all along………

Are you just now figuring this out?

#1539 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The game wasn't made for " us pinsiders " .
After 16 days the owners thread has hit 300 posts , in the GNR thread , it had a few thousand posts in the first couple days .
I had a chance to get the CE but I'm not a Lalor fan and the theme is average for me .

#1540 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

A friend of ours brought her nephews over (5 & 8, I think). They’d never heard of pinball before. I fired up Godzilla for them, and they took to it immediately. Apparently they can’t stop talking about it & it was the favorite part of their trip to CA. I told them about locations they can go play pinball back home. It’ll be interesting to see if it blossoms as a new hobby for them!

#1541 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m a huge TS fan, but TS4 was a hard pass. It’s eye candy with not much to shoot which will get old (and dated) quickly. And NGG did the signature shot much better anyway.
From a strictly value perspective CCrLE wins hands down (almost on the topper and future Lyman code package alone). It’s a timeless theme, funny, nice variety of shots and has that “just one more game” appeal. And it’s $3k less, $4k if the topper isn’t a big deal for you.
CCrLE is going in my game room in the spot previously reserved for Toy Story.

Same for me.....I have a line up , DI,Potc,WW,Gnr, Ts was going to line up next but now it will be Ccr... JJP Really blew this opportunity

#1542 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Are you just now figuring this out?

Seems JJP have just figured it out.

1000 $15k Collectors Editions is an ambitious target when they’re not targeting Collectors.

#1543 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

1000 $15k Collectors Editions is an ambitious target when they’re not targeting Collectors.

Distributors may have CEs available, but JJP sold all 1000.

#1544 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Charge more upfront, don't have to sell as many.

It is somewhat sickening watching them try to get Kids interested in Toy Story of all things.

Pinside is missing the fact JJP isn't playing Stern's game of waiting till adulthood to ruin childhoods; why wait?!

#1545 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Post counting is the last refuge of a scoundrel!!

Possibly true,
but when you berate everyone for caring "so much about this shit"
it's nice to know where its coming from .......

#1546 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Pinside is missing the fact JJP isn't playing Stern's game of waiting till adulthood to ruin childhoods; why wait?!

Lol. True.

#1547 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Possibly true,
but when you berate everyone for caring "so much about this shit"
it's nice to know where its coming from .......

I meant specifically being upset about about movies made for small children. Which I do not, regardless of post count in a thread about pinball, making me much cooler. Not that it fuckin' matters.

Care away! We are all pinball fans after all which automatically makes us losers.

I mean I have like 20,000 posts about pinball!

#1548 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I meant specifically being upset about about movies made for small children.

Not sure why you've chosen this stance as a hill to die on...

Pixar movies are not made for small children. For example - their last movie, Turning Red, is about menstruation & puberty.

#1549 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not sure why you've chosen this stance as a hill to die on...
Pixar movies are not made for small children. For example - their last movie, Turning Red, is about menstruation & puberty.

Just trying to keep my daily post count high!

Nobody wants to die, certainly not on this hill.

Also...Mom's basement!

#1550 1 year ago
95226B06-0146-4992-9F5B-0D809A0264D1.gif95226B06-0146-4992-9F5B-0D809A0264D1.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Linthicum Heights, MD
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Wanted
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.