20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 61.
#1401 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Haha. They love those takis and spicy Cheetos too.

Same here, my kids are obsessed with Takis and flamin hot Cheetos, I think they just like to hurt themselves

#1402 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

A “recession” is defined as 2 consecutive quarters of declining GDP growth.

That’s not what Merriam Webster or Oxford’s defines a recession.

I’m not a lawyer but I do know words do mean things. Just because measuring GDP is “generally” a way a recession could be defined it’s not the one and only way. A recession is a period of reduced economic activity plain and simple.

Can’t change peoples opinions and observations, mine says recession. I know this is a TS4 thread so I’ll leave it at that.

I do have a TS4 on order and hope my kiddos love it, kinda glad the rumors say it’s easy. My kids need an easy and fun pin to play and learn on. TS4 is also a theme the whole family is onboard with so it’s a win-win either way the mop flops.

#1403 1 year ago
Quoted from Bud:

That’s not what Merriam Webster or Oxford’s defines a recession.
I’m not a lawyer but I do know words do mean things. Just because measuring GDP is “generally” a way a recession could be defined it’s not the one and only way. A recession is a period of reduced economic activity plain and simple.
Can’t change peoples opinions and observations, mine says recession. I know this is a TS4 thread so I’ll leave it at that.
I do have a TS4 on order and hope my kiddos love it, kinda glad the rumors say it’s easy. My kids need an easy and fun pin to play and learn on. TS4 is also a theme the whole family is onboard with so it’s a win-win either way the mop flops.

Look at it however you want. A “period” could mean a day, week, month, year. This is why it’s quantified.

And why you don’t see anyone say we are currently in a “recession”. We might have just seen peak inflation and commodity prices are rolling over. It might “feel like it” to some. Others it’s a boom time!

And good luck on your TS. . It is what it is and I’ll leave it at that
10524BD7-3477-44C5-BDF9-E8FED3543F4A (resized).jpeg10524BD7-3477-44C5-BDF9-E8FED3543F4A (resized).jpeg

#1404 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Gotta love it when Lawyers do Economics.

Not that my opinion should matter to you or anyone else, but Ice is a bright guy who knows what he’s talking about.
He doesn’t need me patting him on the back, but the fact is he’s no dummy.

#1405 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Not that my opinion should matter to you or anyone else, but Ice is a bright guy who knows what he’s talking about.

Hey thanks Mike, I do qualify as a “pinball dummy” though!

It’s all good. Fun times. Back to TS.

#1406 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hey thanks Mike, I do qualify as a “pinball dummy” though!
It’s all good. Fun times. Back to TS.

tumblr_1150e62b237bea226f5c0e45a19cd119_56a9c495_500.giftumblr_1150e62b237bea226f5c0e45a19cd119_56a9c495_500.gif
#1407 1 year ago
Quoted from Bud:

Just because measuring GDP is “generally” a way a recession could be defined it’s not the one and only way. A recession is a period of reduced economic activity plain and simple.

My dude, you can't just be coming up with your own definition to things and calling it fact. Economically speaking, yes, a Recession is two quarters of negative GDP. We already had one and if this quarter continues as is we'll have another, which means we would have already been in a Recession for many months now.

You can' throw out a non-specific statement like, "A recession is any period of reduced economic activity". There are specific parameters that make a recession a recession.

#1408 1 year ago

Yawn

#1410 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

You can' throw out a non-specific statement like, "A recession is any period of reduced economic activity". There are specific parameters that make a recession a recession.

Yeah, not what I said. I’m trying to move away from economics discussion and get back to TS4

I literally quoted the definition. Definitions are very specific, go back and read it again, words mean things, if you are going to “quote” me don’t change what I said.

I genuinely apologize I engaged in the economic discussion.

#1411 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

My dude, you can't just be coming up with your own definition to things and calling it fact. Economically speaking, yes, a Recession is two quarters of negative GDP. We already had one and if this quarter continues as is we'll have another, which means we would have already been in a Recession for many months now.

When you want to push a certain narrative, facts and accepted defintions never matter. Mirriam is woke...

Also TS 4 will sell well, unfortunately

#1412 1 year ago

So, I watched Toy Story 4 for the first time…took my three nights to make it through it and my five year old was not impressed with the movie…all the same, I thought it was a pretty good family movie and on par with Toy Story 3 (though a step down from 1 and 2).

This doesn’t increase my interest in this pin any, but as far as movie’s go at least this wasn’t a bad movie that JJP selected. I’d do a temporary trade with a friend for the machine for a bit for sure.

#1413 1 year ago

I don’t care for TS4 movie either, matter of fact I haven’t heard a single person say they like 4 the best or even second.

The pin should still be enjoyable anyway but I think JJP missed the mark on TS by making it based around the 4th movie

#1414 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Got to play it last night at Pintastic -- it's fun! Better than I thought it would be. It's been too long since there's been a ramp shot (was NGG the last one? my brain is too tired & hungover to ponder such matters right now),

Stranger Things.

#1415 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

This about the guy that used the internet on one device to google the word recession then used a second device to take a picture of the screen on the first device so he could post a picture to other people on the internet what is on the internet and prove how smart he is. LOL, I am just kidding around but it made me laugh.

#1416 1 year ago

It's been 2 weeks since the reveal and I don't feel anymore inclined to buy this game. I've bought every JJP pin but this is the first I'll be passing on. There's a lack of mechanical features and code depth to justify the price tag IMO. Within a week there's already been multiple reports of people reaching both ends of the wizard mode...

One of the primary uses of the 10" screen appears to be for a virtual Tiki Pinball. Instead of an iPad size screen a mini mechanical pinball mech should have been there instead, (Family Guy 2.0 mini playfield) and it would have actually fit the theme much better considering there's a physical Tiki Pinball machine in the movie. Something like that is what would get me to drop $12k on a pinball machine and is what I expect from JJP after past releases. Much of what is played on the 10" screen is redundant information that could be played on the 27" LCD. More often then not there are moments where something related to a mode is being displayed on the 10" screen and then very little on the 27" main display...

Screenshot 2022-06-16 083753 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-06-16 083753 (resized).jpg

gfgfg (resized).jpggfgfg (resized).jpg

#1417 1 year ago

Recession or bad move to use TS4...Doesn't matter which one.

But the flippers may not be happy on this one.

$2500 non-refundable deposits. People were trying to flip their spots for a profit and it just didn't happen.

We saw this on another manufacturers pin and a lot of people took a haircut getting rid of their spots.

Will this happen again... it appears to be heading that way.

#1418 1 year ago

Meh

#1419 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Instead of an iPad size screen a mini mechanical pinball mech should have been there instead

When I first saw the ipad I thought it would be used for another couple of modes with digital amusement style games played with the flippers(cool idea). If it is just another duplicate screen that makes zero sense to me-why? I thought they could do a mini digital playfield like Pinball Arcade style games. Or some simple digital carnival games. Would not be too difficult to program I would think, but if they have not implemented it yet-not sure they ever would? As for a mini playfield instead of the ipad-that might be worse. If I want to play a little novelty playfield I will go out and buy a Tyco mini pinball machine at a garage sale-they do nothing for me.

My friend still wants one but said he is going to wait till the dust settles and try and get a deal on second hand market later.

#1420 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

When I first saw the ipad I thought it would be used for another couple of modes with digital amusement style games played with the flippers(cool idea).

No thanks, I already have a phone I'm trying to escape.

#1421 1 year ago
Quoted from Bud:

I don’t care for TS4 movie either, matter of fact I haven’t heard a single person say they like 4 the best or even second.
The pin should still be enjoyable anyway but I think JJP missed the mark on TS by making it based around the 4th movie

I liked the movie and so did my kids at the time. I don't really see the point ranking movies. All I care about is if I enjoyed the movie. Pizza may not be my favorite food but I still enjoy eating it. I don't see how you can cry a river over it if you are a TS fan. It has all the same characters, voices, and universe with better animations/detail. I don't see how the game would be any different if they took the 4 off the backglass and threw in a few scenes from earlier movies. It would be the same gameplay where you collect characters, spell things, and play carnival games. That seems to be the problem. Gameplay is generic and could theme could easily be swapped with something else. It is pretty pathetic when you have a game theme around toys and there are literally no toys in it. Theme is fine - execution is bad. Game does look fun but that's pretty much a given. All pinball is fun to some degree.

#1422 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I don't see how the game would be any different if they took the 4 off the backglass and threw in a few scenes from earlier movies. It would be the same gameplay where you collect characters, spell things, and play carnival games.

People would much rather have a mode where you just shoot colored arrows while a clip from TS1 plays in the background.

#1423 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I don't see how you can cry a river over it if you are a TS fan. It has all the same characters, voices, and universe with better animations/detail.

As a toy story fan, let me say that this is simply not true. On the playfield, the game features all the wrong characters. Most toy story fans do not want Gabby Gabby, or the ventriloquist dude or the motorcycle guy or the rabbit and duck.

Honestly, most toy story fans watched the fourth movie once, and proceeded to erase it from their minds as if it never existed.

#1424 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I don't see how you can cry a river over it if you are a TS fan.

No? It's been explained multiple times by multiple people.
TS1 was a revolutionary and iconic film.
TS2 was a rare sequel that's better than the original.
TS3 was the cap on a trilogy that everyone assumed would suck, but was actually awesome.
TS4 was a cash grab about a suicidal fork.

Quoted from jawjaw:

It has all the same characters, voices, and universe with better animations/detail.

Not really. The focus is on Woody, Bo Peep and Fucky...the rest are pretty much sidelined. People love Toy Story for the STORY...people still love the first one despite some wonky animation. Story is king. TS4's extra detail didn't make it a better story.

Also, the word is "animation.” Stop saying "animations,” world!

#1425 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Also, the word is "animation". Stop saying "animations", world!

Ugh. Please put your commas and periods inside your quotation marks.

#1426 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Also, the word is "animation". Stop saying "animations", world!

Ugh. Please put your commas and periods inside your quotation marks.

Please learn how to use the quote function.

#1427 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Please learn how to use the quote function.

I’m on a mini iPhone. I hate these things sometimes.

Corrected just for you though! Haha!

#1428 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I’m on a mini iPhone. I hate these things sometimes.
Corrected just for you though! Haha!

Corrected mine for you - looks weird, though. Cool. Now stop saying “animations.”

#1429 1 year ago

I have to defend Forky. Forky was right. He IS garbage.

#1430 1 year ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Most toy story fans do not want Gabby Gabby, or the ventriloquist dude or the motorcycle guy or the rabbit and duck.

Uhh, pretty sure Duke Caboom is most people's favorite new character in TS4. He's Canada's greatest daredevil stuntman, and he's awesome!

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg
#1431 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No? It's been explained multiple times by multiple people.
TS1 was a revolutionary and iconic film.
TS2 was a rare sequel that's better than the original.
TS3 was the cap on a trilogy that everyone assumed would suck, but was actually awesome.
TS4 was a cash grab about a suicidal fork.

Not really. The focus is on Woody, Bo Peep and Fucky...the rest are pretty much sidelined. People love Toy Story for the STORY...people still love the first one despite some wonky animation. Story is king. TS4's extra detail didn't make it a better story.
Also, the word is "animation.” Stop saying "animations,” world!

Give it a rest. Cash grab? Every movie is made to make money. Why do you think they made TS2 or TS3? To bank of the success of the previous films. Call it what you will but TS4 made more money than all the other films and reviewed well. But of course "multiple people" on pinside hate so it has to be garbage.

#1432 1 year ago

A bunch of adults arguing over their personal opinions of kids movies... This is what the world has dumbed down to lol.

#1433 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

A bunch of adults arguing over their personal opinions of movies... This is what the world has dumbed down to lol.

Ooooooh. Apparently you haven't been on TikTok yet...

#1434 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Give it a rest. Cash grab? Every movie is made to make money. Why do you think they made TS2 or TS3? To bank of the success of the previous films. Call it what you will but TS4 made more money than all the other films and reviewed well. But of course "multiple people" on pinside hate so it has to be garbage.

It’s not bad, but it’s not TS1-3. Pinsiders opinions on this aren’t an aberrant hot take. TS1-3 had emotional resonance. TS4 is an OK movie people watched once. Even people who liked it don’t CARE about it.

#1435 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I'm not even sure what you are arguing here. Is it that TS4 is actually liked as much as the others and pinside is just clueless? I'm not a big Toy Story guy, but even I knew that people were going to be very disappointed if the pin was based on TS4. I guess you're hoping Jaws is going to be based on Jaws 3?

I admit it's not a national tragedy -- but people were excited about this pin assuming JP wouldn't go bonkers and make it a TS4 only pin. Honestly it's one of the weirdest theme choices of all time. Now if only JP can secure my dream theme Grease and then maybe I can finally see a Grease 2 pinball machine.

Anyway, it's just a pinball theme. It takes an internet forum to get a bunch of people super riled up about stuff like this.

#1436 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Uhh, pretty sure Duke Caboom is most people's favorite new character in TS4. He's Canada's greatest daredevil stuntman, and he's awesome![quoted image]

Yeah, maybe so.

Hey at least he's a lot better than the supposed big new character who literally thought of himself as garbage and repeatedly had to be stopped from killing himself who was supposed to be comic relief.

But yeah... Being people's "favorite new character from TS4" is not a big achievement and certainly doesn't mean that he is a beloved character from the franchise.

Even the best characters from TS4 are less loved by toy story fans than almost any other character from the series.

#1437 1 year ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

I'm not even sure what you are arguing here...

Even if you have a point just bury it & move on. You don't go down an arguing rabbit hole with Rare aboot Family Guy or Toy Story; this is like day 1 info

#1438 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Ooooooh. Apparently you haven't been on TikTok yet...

Hahaha, I dont do social media stuff like that, so correct ha.

#1439 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

A bunch of adults arguing over their personal opinions of kids movies... This is what the world has dumbed down to lol.

TS4 isn't really a kids movie. Surface level, yes, but it's actually about parents letting go of their children when they get older and become adults themselves. And about figuring out what to do with yourself now that your house is empty.

TS4 is kind of for the people who were kids when TS1 came out, and are now parents themselves. TS4 is good in that way, but it's also a bit sad, and it doesn’t have the purely lighthearted toy fun of the first movie.

#1440 1 year ago

Bought a LE and just got it opened last night . Flippers are strong on mine . Game has great flow and drains are few on the outer lanes or center . Code is very impressive as well as the animations . You can tell it was a labor of love and many hours went into the design and coding of this game . Shots are rewarding . All around a great time !

#1441 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

TS4 isn't really a kids movie. Surface level, yes, but it's actually about parents letting go of their children when they get older and become adults themselves. And about figuring out what to do with yourself now that your house is empty.
TS4 is kind of for the people who were kids when TS1 came out, and are now parents themselves. TS4 is good in that way, but it's also a bit sad, and it doesn’t have the purely lighthearted toy fun of the first movie.

Lol.

#1442 1 year ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

I'm not even sure what you are arguing here. Is it that TS4 is actually liked as much as the others and pinside is just clueless? I'm not a big Toy Story guy, but even I knew that people were going to be very disappointed if the pin was based on TS4. I guess you're hoping Jaws is going to be based on Jaws 3?
I admit it's not a national tragedy -- but people were excited about this pin assuming JP wouldn't go bonkers and make it a TS4 only pin. Honestly it's one of the weirdest theme choices of all time. Now if only JP can secure my dream theme Grease and then maybe I can finally see a Grease 2 pinball machine.
Anyway, it's just a pinball theme. It takes an internet forum to get a bunch of people super riled up about stuff like this.

If Jaws becomes a pin, pretty sure people will be upset for similar reasons. Regardless what movie it is based on, it will basically be a shark theme pin just like Jurassic Park is just dinosaurs. That just seems to be the standards these days. I'm just saying TS4 is good enough theme that's just not executed very well and priced too high. Just because the pin didn't match expectations doesn't mean the movie sucks.

#1443 1 year ago

Toy what?

#1444 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Regardless what movie it is based on, it will basically be a shark theme pin just like Jurassic Park is just dinosaurs.

Yeah, from day one of the Jaws rumors I've been saying they may as well go with Sharknado, lean into the fun. Guarantee they can afford custom callouts from the actors.

#1445 1 year ago

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone but to put everyone comments in perspective.

Personally I enjoyed all movies. T4 is not my favorite but I would not categorize it as crap or a failure in anyway shape or form. I live near the Pixar studio and had the pleasure to visit it a few times for a fundraiser. I was there for a TS4 fundraiser. Talked to the animators I can tell you they surely put their heart and soul into this movie and are proud of their work.

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 1.51.48 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-06-29 at 1.51.48 PM (resized).png
#1446 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

if You have 4 hrs to kill this sums up TS4.

#1447 1 year ago

JJP’s TS4 includes callouts by Buzz & Woody & Bo…all actual actors from the actual movies (except for Hanks bro who virtually sounds identical and does all Tom’s non-theatrical voice work anyway)…and all 3 characters are prominently displayed on the playfield…so to say this isn’t “featuring” the main characters is plain wrong…as for TS4 vs the previous versions, go back and compare the graphics of Ts1 & 2 with TS4….ITS NIGHT AND DAY…there’s better graphics in mobile phone games than those first TS movies…frankly the graphics in TS4 are BEAUTIFUL…not just the polygon count but also the lighting effects in the the animation….I’m not surprised Disney/Pixar wanted their video clips to be of the HIGHEST QUALITY…and the game itself is FUN, APPROACHABLE, and simply GORGEOUS…Combined with the voices of the 3 primary TS Characters, there’s no denying this is Toy Story thru & thru…

#1448 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Oh we’re in good shape here have you seen what our girlfriends and wives are watching on TLC?
What about the Kardashians and Dr Pimple popper?

#1449 1 year ago

Is it shinny? Ooooo awwww. More tablets please oh and I think the price should be 15,999.99 for the LE I see the value

#1450 1 year ago
Quoted from sepins:

Recession or bad move to use TS4...Doesn't matter which one.
But the flippers may not be happy on this one.
$2500 non-refundable deposits. People were trying to flip their spots for a profit and it just didn't happen.
We saw this on another manufacturers pin and a lot of people took a haircut getting rid of their spots.
Will this happen again... it appears to be heading that way.

Ff

Quoted from romulusx:

Oh we’re in good shape here have you seen what our girlfriends and wives are watching on TLC?
What about the Kardashians and Dr Pimple popper?

Man… I have no clue why my wife and others watch Dr. Pimple popper!! She enjoys seeing it. Ugh,..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out/page/29?hl=bud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.