20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 61.
#1101 1 year ago

It's a LIGHTYEAR for Playfield Toys, in Toy Story 4.

Lightyear_4_Playfield_Toys (resized).pngLightyear_4_Playfield_Toys (resized).png
#1102 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Can we all just agree nobody likes Stern Family Guy as much as Rarehero ?

I think he likes Ghostbusters more

#1103 1 year ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

2). Secondly why doesn’t stern get WORSE for making Deadpool and Avengers based on the popularity of the movies only to cheapen out and do comic versions. How many games from Stern can we count which has zero assets… Jurassic Park has no assets either yet Toy Story has a ton and we’re blasting it.

Thank god they are based on Comic versions and not the movies. Deadpool would be a little better if they followed the raunchiness of the movies but otherwise the comic is such a better choice and the art is way better because of it too. Same with Avengers IQ. Theres a movie Avengers Stern pin if you really want that. Look how crappy and dumb it is compared to the comic Infinity quest. Also look at Spidey vault and star wars comic, they are so much better looking not having that garbo movie art. Genius move by Stern IMO.

#1104 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Great upcoming JJP themes:
Godfather 3
Matrix Resurrections
Rocky V
Mighty Ducks 3
Police Academy 4
Speed 2 Cruise Control
Paul Blart - Mall Cop 2
Next Karate Kid
Jaws Revenge
Toy Story 7

How dare you leave off Mad Max, Beyond Thunderdome as an option!

#1105 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

$51 million dollars and it had a Thursday evening release. Light year is officially a bomb. I will not see it let alone pay money to see it. Huge disappointment like this pin.

There were a lot of rumors going around that Disney was banking on this movie being a big success, with plans to incorporate Lightyear into several theme park attractions. The fact that the movie is on track to lose a lot of money must have them changing a lot of plans.

#1106 1 year ago

$51 million dollars and it had a Thursday evening release. Light year is officially a bomb. I will not see it let alone pay money to see it. Huge disappointment like this pin.

I took my kids to watch it yesterday, none of them liked it. Unlike the last 2 Pixar that were theater grade released on TV, this one felt like a tv show released in the theater.

#1107 1 year ago

Yeet.

B83F1C80-9D85-4205-89DD-98AF698BA331 (resized).jpegB83F1C80-9D85-4205-89DD-98AF698BA331 (resized).jpeg
#1108 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

Your trying to polish this turd with some classic game name dropping thrown in your comment. Not gonna fall for it. Those games rule, this game for double the price sucks arse.

I don't think you've been paying attention to what I've been saying about toy story 4, then.

#1109 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

I took my kids to watch it yesterday, none of them liked it. Unlike the last 2 Pixar that were theater grade released on TV, this one felt like a tv show released in the theater.

We went with kids yesterday. It was a B. The kids really liked the cat robot character.

#1110 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

We went with kids yesterday. It was a B. The kids really liked the cat robot character.

Same here, the cat saved a bit of the show, he is the only one that was making the audience laugh once in a while.

#1111 1 year ago

Light year is a failure and glad it is. It bombed world wide also. Go woke go broke. Disney stock will continue to tank as will this pin. People can try to justify spending $12k to $15k all they want, the value is not there.

#1112 1 year ago

got out from my CE spot i refuse to be part of another money grab. status quo is not acceptable. going to buy my self a nice c6 corvette as a hobby. pins are out of touch with the working man this was supposed to be a special pin. for 15000 i dont see one thing that seperates it from the rest except the crazy price.

#1113 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Can we all just agree nobody likes Stern Family Guy as much as Rarehero ?

Maybe he like was a producer for the show or something...

#1114 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

got out from my CE spot i refuse to be part of another money grab. status quo is not acceptable. going to buy my self a nice c6 corvette as a hobby. pins are out of touch with the working man this was supposed to be a special pin. for 15000 i dont see one thing that seperates it from the rest except the crazy price.

My guess is you will be one of many over the upcoming months. Its a total money grab from JJP that my guess will back fire.

#1115 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is you will be one of many over the upcoming months. Its a total money grab from JJP that my guess will back fire.

My guess is it is priced right at or just slightly above where it needs to be in today’s market. Godzilla LE, Deadpool LE and Stanger Things LE all command north of $16k used and higher for NIB. It’s just where the market is. I’m not hesitating on this one because I have unfortunately paid those insane prices for some of the good Stern LEs.

#1116 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

My guess is it is priced right at or just slightly above where it needs to be in today’s market. Godzilla LE, Deadpool LE and Stanger Things LE all command north of $16k used and higher for NIB. It’s just where the market is. I’m not hesitating on this one because I have unfortunately paid those insane prices for some of the good Stern LEs.

"It's just where the market is".

People are having a tough time coming to grips with that fact. Like it or not. I understand it's crazy and ridiculous but it is what it is for now.

Here's a good example, Thunderbird was over in the Munsters thread pumping up the LE sale at $17,500 and saying it's going a lot higher because of how great the game is. I have one, and I love mine but............... $17,500 and up?

THAT is the problem right there. Yes prices are insane but people now EXPECT to buy a game for X and sell it a lot higher for Y.

What did you think was going to happen? The "money grabs"? Take a peek at the Pinside Marketplace. It's not one or two, it's across the board.

#1117 1 year ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Maybe he like was a producer for the show or something...

Yes, he was.

#1118 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Only time to tell but if he “got out of” his CE spot my guess that is only because there is someone waiting for and eager to take that spot. I would like to believe it was out of the kindness of that distributor’s heart, but…

#1119 1 year ago

Nope, I wish. I’d have more pins lol

#1120 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Market is crazy, but many people buy these NIB games under the assumption they can spin at or above MSRP therefore no downside on a sight unseen purchase. Those games u list are established very highly rated pins that have been in the market for sometime, and Stern is slow to market on the premiums. JJP priced this unknown product waaaay too high, and my guess the market will reflect that over the next 6-8 months.

#1121 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Only time to tell but if he “got out of” his CE spot my guess that is only because there is someone waiting for and eager to take that spot. I would like to believe it was out of the kindness of that distributor’s heart, but…

Possibly? I passed on my CE and have been offered spots sense release....I'm sitting this one out, and will wait until the dust settles.

#1122 1 year ago

Anyone that’s pissed at pricing (which I get) should also consider this to be a good thing long term for pinball imo. Capital investment into pinball will encourage more competition and pinballs machines to come to market. Other companies will see there is plenty of money to be made and will increase development and production. Prices then will come down due to increased competition. Similar to any commodity cycle.

Pinball is just in the beginning stages of a new golden era. Prices will come to more affordable levels as production increases. Lumber is down to almost precovid levels and other materials will follow imo.

#1123 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Market is crazy, but many people buy these NIB games under the assumption they can spin at or above MSRP therefore no downside on a sight unseen purchase. Those games u list are established very highly rated pins that have been in the market for sometime, and Stern is slow to market on the premiums. JJP priced this unknown product waaaay too high, and my guess the market will reflect that over the next 6-8 months.

Quoted from PtownPin:

Possibly? I passed on my CE and have been offered spots sense release....I'm sitting this one out, and will wait until the dust settles.

Good points.

#1124 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"It's just where the market is".
People are having a tough time coming to grips with that fact. Like it or not. I understand it's crazy and ridiculous but it is what it is for now.
Here's a good example, Thunderbird was over in the Munsters thread pumping up the LE sale at $17,500 and saying it's going a lot higher because of how great the game is. I have one, and I love mine but............... $17,500 and up?
THAT is the problem right there. Yes prices are insane but people now EXPECT to buy a game for X and sell it a lot higher for Y.
What did you think was going to happen? The "money grabs"? Take a peek at the Pinside Marketplace. It's not one or two, it's across the board.

Truth. At some point the last buyer will be the latest loser in resale.

#1125 1 year ago
Quoted from Firechief:

Anyone that’s pissed at pricing (which I get) should also consider this to be a good thing long term for pinball imo. Capital investment into pinball will encourage more competition and pinballs machines to come to market. Other companies will see there is plenty of money to be made and will increase development and production. Prices then will come down due to increased competition. Similar to any commodity cycle.
Pinball is just in the beginning stages of a new golden era. Prices will come to more affordable levels as production increases. Lumber is down to almost precovid levels and other materials will follow imo.

Yet NONE of that has happened en masse.

More like the mafia is running the hobby. Take more…give back, just a little. Then take some fucking more. They don’t like it? Raise prices again. It’ll make the last price look like we’re giving it away. BA-DA-BOOM.

#1126 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

Isnt that just mindblowing. For the price of this pin, you can buy a bad ass car.

I doubt i will be purchasing NIB again.Halloween was FOMO, and not at all regretted. Maybe a confirmed Elwin pin, but still not spending $12,000...

#1127 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Isnt that just mindblowing. For the price of this pin, you can buy a bad ass car.
I doubt i will be purchasing NIB again.Halloween was FOMO, and not at all regretted. Maybe a confirmed Elwin pin, but still not spending $12,000...

What car would you buy with 15k? I’m thinking your right but I’m not sure what to get. I think 90s cars could be good value for future growth.

#1128 1 year ago
Quoted from Firechief:

Pinball is just in the beginning stages of a new golden era.

As much as I would love to believe this, it seems delusional (from a design perspective, at least).

No doubt some nice games being made, however the innovation under the glass doesn't even compare to B/W games. Sure, the wiz-bang LCD's and graphics in the new machines are cool, but show me modern games that exceed the 2 B/W games that remain in my collection (WH20 and STTNG) and I'll believe it's a new golden era.

Quoted from underlord:

More like the mafia is running the hobby.

Certainly feels like it...and the 2 big providers are now co-located in the Chicago area

#1129 1 year ago
Quoted from Firechief:

What car would you buy with 15k? I’m thinking your right but I’m not sure what to get. I think 90s cars could be good value for future growth.

Well technically I'm sure hes going to add money to get that C6, but it just goes to show that $15000 is a lot of money and you can go towards a lot of different toys.

#1131 1 year ago

OK now All of the sudden, I'm searching for a 95 Twin Turbo

#1132 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

No doubt some nice games being made, however the innovation under the glass doesn't even compare to B/W games.

Maybe mechanically-wise, sure, but those classics, as good as they are, still pale in comparison to modern day light shows, sound, art packages, displays, rule sets, etc.

Mechs and toys are great, but they're not the only thing.

#1133 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Maybe mechanically-wise, sure, but those classics, as good as they are, still pale in comparison to modern day light shows, sound, art packages, displays, rule sets, etc.
Mechs and toys are great, but they're not the only thing.

It's not just mechs and toys, it's innovative ramps, interesting layouts, theme integration, shot choreography, etc.

No doubt the light shows and graphics are wildly better...no argument.

Not convinced the rules are universally better. I enjoy the rules on WH20/STTNG/LOTR/MET even more than some of the crazy rulesets being engineered on the latest titles. Sometimes more isn't better! Love the rules on R&M...easy to understand scoring. OTOH, the rules on GNR are a mess...scoring is unbalanced and makes no sense. JP rules are a masterpiece, along with everything else...one of the best games ever made IMHO.

#1134 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

How dare you leave off Mad Max, Beyond Thunderdome as an option!

Funny, I was thinking of other movie theme possibilities today when I read your post. The ones I selected were considered the worse of the worst. Plenty of just plain sh*tty sequels out there.

#1135 1 year ago

Watching the Buffalo Pinball stream and it looks like a lot of fun.

#1136 1 year ago

JJP has continued to raise prices with almost every release. They have been slowly trying to find the ceiling and eventually cut out the flippers….they are not gonna leave anymore money on the table. Stern has raised prices as well and is doing the same thing but a little more conservative. If new games don’t sell at these prices fewer will be made or price can be reduced to sell more units. People will be looking for used games for a cheaper alternative and those prices can do one of 2 things… increase again because of demand or fall because why buy used at the same or more than the inflated price of new games so they have to come down or they won’t sell.

This is the bubble we have been waiting to see….if manufacturers hold out long enough used game prices will most likely drop first. If both prices remain high we will get a stagnant market and buyers will be buying less new and used games. There are only so many buyers that can/will keep buying games in this inflated market.

I believe we will see a price correction shortly as we approach a more stagnant market due to prices of NIB and used pins being overpriced. One or the other has to come down….possibly both. Preferably used prices come down and NIB prices remain higher to control the market….and buyers need to quit overpaying. No more “Shut up and take my Money” mindset. That’s part of what created this inflated market. The ship has sailed for flippers hopefully.

#1137 1 year ago
Quoted from Pickle:

JJP has continued to raise prices with almost every release. They have been slowly trying to find the ceiling and eventually cut out the flippers….they are not gonna leave anymore money on the table. Stern has raised prices as well and is doing the same thing but a little more conservative. If new games don’t sell at these prices fewer will be made or price can be reduced to sell more units. People will be looking for used games for a cheaper alternative and those prices can do one of 2 things… increase again because of demand or fall because why buy used at the same or more than the inflated price of new games so they have to come down or they won’t sell.
This is the bubble we have been waiting to see….if manufacturers hold out long enough used game prices will most likely drop first. If both prices remain high we will get a stagnant market and buyers will be buying less new and used games. There are only so many buyers that can/will keep buying games in this inflated market.
I believe we will see a price correction shortly as we approach a more stagnant market due to prices of NIB and used pins being overpriced. One or the other has to come down….possibly both. Preferably used prices come down and NIB prices remain higher to control the market….and buyers need to quit overpaying. No more “Shut up and take my Money” mindset. That’s part of what created this inflated market. The ship has sailed for flippers hopefully.

There is an LE for sale for 7500 right now.

#1138 1 year ago

This guy is definitely OUT !!!!!!

Screenshot_20220620-225209_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220620-225209_Brave (resized).jpg

#1139 1 year ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

Can’t be real. Just can’t be. Stupid to sell for that cheap so quick.

Fake news.

#1140 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Can’t be real. Just can’t be. Stupid to sell for that cheap so quick.
Fake news.

Turns out it’s overpriced and smaller than thought.

C182655D-04EA-4753-90AB-889C3308D43A.jpegC182655D-04EA-4753-90AB-889C3308D43A.jpeg
#1141 1 year ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

That’s clearly a fake ad

#1142 1 year ago

Fake ad doesn’t even have the game in his collection. Pinside needs to take this down.

#1143 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Fake ad doesn’t even have the game in his collection. Pinside needs to take this down.

I just offered to pick it up right away. No response.

#1144 1 year ago
Quoted from Firechief:

Plenty of mustangs, corvettes, and other cars you can have a ball with in that price range. Jeeps and trucks too.

I don't think ZX's have been that cheap in a while, at least the good ones. Could be wrong though.

You could also get like a sweet ass side x side, snowmobile, jetski, ect for that kind of money and I promise you'll have the time of your life on any of those. Hell, I took a portion of my pin fund and bought a onewheel and have been enjoying that quite a bit

#1145 1 year ago

*** It’s Been Decided - TS4 is Fun and it’s Worth the Price. ***

The market has spoken, and most people report enjoying playing the game. Those that hate this offering will quickly add,”but it’s not worth it”. Well that is false too, as evidenced by week 1 sales. IMO JJP sold 1k CE’s and 2.5k LE’s. 3.5k people think TS4 is worth it and have put the money where their mouth is. More TS4 are being sold each day.

There seems to be a couple of posts where after someone plays TS4 then they bought an LE. Hence we conclude it is worth it for them. Some posts even report they will have a CE and LE, and this was after playing one.

But don’t feel mad or feel guilty if TS4 doesn’t hit your buttons. Not every game should appeal to you. It’s only pinball.

#1146 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Deadpool LE and Stanger Things LE all command north of $16k used and higher for NIB.

This was not always the case. I had a NIB stranger things LEand you couldn’t hardly give it away. I ended up trading it off. This bring me to another point…

I didn’t want the LE but took it anyway from my distributor because I told him before release I would take it. So he set one aside for me. It would have been a DICK move to crawfish out from that LE because market tanked on it, code sucks, or whatever lame excuse you can come up with.

I’d bet that all those who backed out of a CE that were on a “list” would be the same ones crying foul and burning down a distributor for being bumped from the CE list if the pin was instantly a hit and selling for thousands more. If I were a distributor and you backed out of a CE after release, you’d never get on another list.

#1147 1 year ago

The market has spoken, and most people report enjoying playing the game. Those that hate this offering will quickly add,”but it’s not worth it”. Well that is false too, as evidenced by week 1 sales. IMO JJP sold 1k CE’s and 2.5k LE’s. 3.5k people think TS4 is worth it and have put the money where their mouth is. More TS4 are being sold each day.
There seems to be a couple of posts where after someone plays TS4 then they bought an LE. Hence we conclude it is worth it for them. Some posts even report they will have a CE and LE, and this was after playing one.
But don’t feel mad or feel guilty if TS4 doesn’t hit your buttons. Not every game should appeal to you. It’s only pinball.

Appreciate the propaganda but all the people that said they won't be buying it in this thread are part of the market too. It will be months before we really see what the market is compared to how many GNR sold and how many pop up on the secondary market.

#1148 1 year ago

The market has spoken, and most people report enjoying playing the game.

Lol. Those are two completely different things. Until “people report[ing] playing the game” turn into confirmed game sales, the market has not spoken.

The “sales” you cite are not end user transactions, but distributor allocations. That JJP counts them as sales is irrelevant. What counts is whether collectors and operators buy them.

Way way too early to consider this game a sales success.

#1149 1 year ago

Light year is a failure and glad it is. It bombed world wide also. Go woke go broke. Disney stock will continue to tank as will this pin.

I like pinball.

#1150 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Lol. Those are two completely different things. Until “people report[ing] playing the game” turn into confirmed game sales, the market has not spoken.
The “sales” you cite are not end user transactions, but distributor allocations. That JJP counts them as sales is irrelevant. What counts is whether collectors and operators buy them.
Way way too early to consider this game a sales success.

Maybe he liked it so much he bought them all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

10,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kennebunkport, ME
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.