20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 61.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I see you own R&M...it's 10x more fun that any JJP

BS.. Potc is one of the best ever made!

#52 1 year ago
0B2A83A1-74CA-4894-93F7-4BADED43BDF0 (resized).jpeg0B2A83A1-74CA-4894-93F7-4BADED43BDF0 (resized).jpeg
#53 1 year ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

You can say many things about Jack and his company but to say his games have not impressed you....come on man.

I'm not impressed. If I was, I'd own one. I'm impressed by gameplay, not bells & whistles. Dialed In is the closest to anything I'd consider buying, but... nah.

#54 1 year ago

Yeah that Wonka and Dialed In play like shit Stern pins play so much better!HaHa

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

I'm impressed by gameplay

U own a TOTAN dude, shallow as a puddle. One of the worst rules in Pinball

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I've owned 2 JJP's and didn't love either. GNRLE is leaving the house today after ~6 months...gorgeous, but awful rules/scoring. DILE was a lot more fun than GNR, but still didn't fire on all cylinders (owned a couple years IIRC).
Nevertheless, I helped Pixar with software development tools back when they were developing Toy Story, so the company and movies are special to me. Use to go to all the Pixar Premieres, where they would hand out these cool posters.
So, if I can obtain one, it's likely I will. I just hope it shoots well and plays great. Seems like they've been working on it forever, so it could be something special.
[quoted image]

cool Anya Major poster

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Haha wow, we're collection shaming now. If you must know, I bought it from my dad who was getting out of pinball. In the process of trading it because, yes, the rules are shallow and exploit-laden.

That said, still more fun to shoot than any JJP game, for my money.

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

I'm not saying that in the past emails were ignored or not, but I can tell you that emails and tickets are absolutely NOT ignored now. I treat each issue as if it were someone I knew or my own machine. In fact, I try to answer every new ticket before lunch time.

You have a guy over on the dialed In thread that has questions about updating his game.

LTG : )

#59 1 year ago

Regardless of theme, Mirco playfield = no buy

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Haha wow, we're collection shaming now. If you must know, I bought it from my dad who was getting out of pinball. In the process of trading it because, yes, the rules are shallow and exploit-laden.
That said, still more fun to shoot than any JJP game, for my money.

Hater gonna hate Go playa yo Sternos HaHa

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

You have a guy over on the dialed In thread that has questions about updating his game.

Taken care of.

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Haha wow, we're collection shaming now.

I was not shaming your collection in any way. Im actually a fan of TOTAN. I was pointing out that even tho a game may not have the greatest rules its still fun and impressive.

#63 1 year ago

Not a dream theme for me to own however I cannot wait to play the game. Pat makes great games in my opinion.

#64 1 year ago

Out....way out. Not interested in the theme. Now if it was Coco...maybe.

#65 1 year ago

Does this mean I'm still not getting Harry Potter?

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Is it going to be 12k? Yes. Are the playfields going to disintegrate? Yes. Will JJP ignore customer support emails? Yes. Am I out? Yes

D9F6AEC2-B416-41B9-90AB-E9FDC23E37C1.gifD9F6AEC2-B416-41B9-90AB-E9FDC23E37C1.gif
#67 1 year ago

For my gameroom, most likely not. Love the movies, hope it’s a great pinball machine. I’ll play it on location for sure.

#68 1 year ago

Have all JJP CE models and never had a single playfield this/that issue. Here's hoping my TS CE will be that way too, so give it to me. PS please put in a line out so we can hook up a woofer like you did on WOZ. Thanks!

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Have all JJP CE models and never had a single playfield this/that issue.

Look under the washers and report back.

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Depth doesn’t always equal fun. It usually just means a game has to be easy and play for 45 min because there’s too much content crammed into it.

#71 1 year ago
Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

Instead of emails, please use tickets instead.
Emails very often go to spam and junk folders or never make it to us.
Tickets stay in the queue until they are resolved.
http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Support-Form/
I'm not saying that in the past emails were ignored or not, but I can tell you that emails and tickets are absolutely NOT ignored now. I treat each issue as if it were someone I knew or my own machine. In fact, I try to answer every new ticket before lunch time.

"Tickets" are one big FU to the customer.
Answer your f-ing phone.

#72 1 year ago

Tickets are easier to manager and are measurable. Answer the f’ing phone is a huge YES. Tickets are not a bad thing by any means - generates knowledge base allows for tracking and duration.. just sayin

Quoted from shakethatmachine:

"Tickets" are one big FU to the customer.
Answer your f-ing phone.

#73 1 year ago

I'm really excited to see it and play one on location but I'm done buying and dealing with the maintenance issues with owning a JJP.

#74 1 year ago

After my GNR having the worst quality playfield ever combined with JJP fighting me to replace the defective driver board in it - I am out. Love the theme but have to take a stand this time. Hopefully someone local will buy one and I'll get to try it. JJP quality is overpriced garbage and customers get ignored. I'd feel like a fool if I kept supporting them after how I've been treated.

#75 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Tickets are easier to manager and are measurable. Answer the f’ing phone is a huge YES. Tickets are not a bad thing by any means - generates knowledge base allows for tracking and duration.. just sayin

I'll take a real person over a "trouble ticket" anytime.
Emails can be OK too, as long as they are answered in a timely manner.
Ticket systems have tons of advantages on paper, but generally they are used to avoid issues and/or the public..
If JJP has so many issues that they need to keep them organized via a ticket system, then they simply have too many problems and need to address the real issue; the actual problems.
You wouldn't need an efficient system of addressing issues/problems/concerns if you had very few of them.

#76 1 year ago

I'll take a real person over a "trouble ticket" anytime.

I understand. I used to be a real person.

Emails can be OK too, as long as they are answered in a timely manner.

Agreed. I always tried to respond as fast as possible. First thing I'd check when my day started. Often 13 hour days or more.

#77 1 year ago

Nah

If JJP has so many issues that they need to keep them organized via a ticket system, then they simply have too many problems and need to address the real issue; the actual problems.
You wouldn't need an efficient system of addressing issues/problems/concerns if you had very few of them.

#78 1 year ago

I would rather see the Godfather pin. My taste in pins has changed in the last year. MIRCO has no respect and that is a big deal to me . We will see.

#79 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Not a 100% sure why you started this thread but it sure went to a bash JJP thread pretty fucking quick!All the usual suspects are swarming to convince anybody that might like the theme or JJP games that they should stop getting pumped for this new game.Pinside is as predictable as usual and of course I'm a fanboy so don't bother.

Well if they weren't so easy to bash with their shitty customer service and attitude towards buyers of their pins. I'm out.

#80 1 year ago

6gp1mz (resized).jpg6gp1mz (resized).jpg

#81 1 year ago

I like my WoZ so nothing against JJP but I am not at all interested in the Toy Story theme. The game would have to be awesome for me to consider it. So a tentative no (just based on the blah theme).

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

After my GNR having the worst quality playfield ever combined with JJP fighting me to replace the defective driver board in it - I am out. Love the theme but have to take a stand this time. Hopefully someone local will buy one and I'll get to try it. JJP quality is overpriced garbage and customers get ignored. I'd feel like a fool if I kept supporting them after how I've been treated.

I'll put mine in your location for us both!

#83 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Depth doesn’t always equal fun. It usually just means a game has to be easy and play for 45 min because there’s too much content crammed into it.

Thats the good thing about this hobby, something for everyone. LOTR was one of my fav pins of all times. TSPP is one of my least favorites.

#84 1 year ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Thats the good thing about this hobby, something for everyone. LOTR was one of my fav pins of all times. TSPP is one of my least favorites.

Exactly. That’s why it’s pointless to shame games based on “depth”. Depth isn’t a sliding scale for quality or fun. Bad games are bad for deeper reasons than lack of depth.

#85 1 year ago

I'll take a wait and see -- based on quality issues and layout/game play
There will be plenty of time to get an LE new or used

If it turns out to be the masterpiece people are claiming it to be and there are no PF issues, I may lean towards a purchase

#86 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yeah that Wonka and Dialed In play like shit Stern pins play so much better!HaHa

JJPs machines has to be fine tuned to play them. Pitch and flipper strength has be set just right. The only Stern I bought nib is godzilla premium.

#87 1 year ago

They will probably make at least 1,000 LEs and if we dont buy sight unseen chances are we will have to pay more after reveal if its a hit.That seems to be the way it is these days.I can wait until after reveal on this one but there are a lot of cool possibilities on this theme.I hope they use the origional actors voices.

#88 1 year ago

In for a CE deposit so I can flip it for profit.

#89 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

In for a CE deposit so I can flip it for profit.

right just the deposit not the machine,doh

#90 1 year ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

I'm really excited to see it and play one on location but I'm done buying and dealing with the maintenance issues with owning a JJP.

What issues I’ve had DI and Wonka for years and the only issue I’ve had was the cell phone on DI.
I’ve also had AC/DC Luci and Ripleys and had some issues with both!

Quoted from Jaytech10:

JJPs machines has to be fine tuned to play them. Pitch and flipper strength has be set just right. The only Stern I bought nib is godzilla premium.

Response is from Yancy’s post

#91 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I hope they use the origional actors voices.

Probably could never afford Tom Hanks, but good news, his brother Jim already voices Woody for video games, audiobooks, theme park rides, TV series, etc. Basically everything except the main films. Without him there'd be little chance of custom Woody callouts.

Patrick Warburton voiced Buzz in a TV series, and a couple other guys do it for video games. I'm sure they can afford one of the lesser names.

#92 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Probably could never afford Tom Hanks, but good news, his brother Jim already voices Woody for video games, audiobooks, theme park rides, TV series, etc. Basically everything except the main films. Without him there'd be little chance of custom Woody callouts.
Patrick Warburton voiced Buzz in a TV series, and a couple other guys do it for video games. I'm sure they can afford one of the lesser names.

Patrick Warburton would work fine if Tim A isnt available

#93 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Patrick Warburton would work fine if Tim A isnt available

I love P-Warbs, but he's NOT Buzz Lightyear. Sure, he was Buzz on the Disney Channel cartoon, but he just sounds like Joe from Family Guy. He's also not cheap...he's an accomplished award winning SAG actor.

#94 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He's also not cheap...he's an accomplished award winning SAG actor.

Yeah, I'm guessing they hired one the video game voice actors (if it has custom Buzz callouts). Better to have a no-name professional sound-alike than an expensive guy who sounds like himself in every role.

#95 1 year ago

Why does everybody keep thinking a voice actor has to be buzz or woody? Think back to potc. A smaller character actor would be much more affordable.

#96 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Why does everybody keep thinking a voice actor has to be buzz or woody? Think back to potc. A smaller character actor would be much more affordable.

Yeah my guess is it will be John Ratzenberger

#97 1 year ago

You guys think John Ratzenberger is affordable?

#98 1 year ago

They just need to get the gang Stern hired for X Men and Avengers and I think everybody will be happy.

#99 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Why are people worried how much JJP spends on voice actors when games are going to cost 12k or more?

#100 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Why are people worried how much JJP spends on voice actors when games are going to cost 12k or more?

Ok we got it!You think JJP machines should cost more and you can’t wait to buy #7 to go with your complete JJP lineup?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrysville, PA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

14,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 35.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.