20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 61.
#751 1 year ago

Let me guess. Flip n Out pinball says it’s a great game.

#752 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Probably wouldn't hurt to buy an extra set of those Amazon cake toppers. It's not like they were designed to withstand hits from a flying steel ball.

Possible one more hammer test related to pinball?

CooperativeTenderCony-size_restricted.gifCooperativeTenderCony-size_restricted.gif
#753 1 year ago

I think JJP found the price ceiling in this title. It's just way too much money for what you get and I'm pretty stupid with my money. Interesting to see how they handle this with the low sales volume. Might be the first release we see that ends up with a price decrease.

#754 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Besides the roof cover on the ball lock and the Gabby Gabby pop up target there are no custom sculpts in Toy Story 4 Here's the closest thing to sculpts customers get for $12k - $15k. Pretty ridiculous considering the price of the game the custom sculpts that have been in past JJP games. Can't believe I'm using this term with JJP but it comes across as a cost cutting move. For a pinball machine that costs $12k - $15k the last thing that should be in the game are cheap store bought plastic figures. Cactus Canyon SE and LE look like a steal by comparison with the number of sculpts in both games.

Now we can have Lior make a whole set of custom sculpts that cost $399 each for it

#755 1 year ago

Because Disney movies were historically known for their white male protagonists.

A1F88083-B4D9-4B48-AD35-9357A61D0B65.pngA1F88083-B4D9-4B48-AD35-9357A61D0B65.png

Being an angry sexist racist must be exhausting. Try, ya know…the opposite?

#756 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

I think JJP found the price ceiling in this title. It's just way too much money for what you get and I'm pretty stupid with my money. Interesting to see how they handle this with the low sales volume. Might be the first release we see that ends up with a price decrease.

I do hope all those selling for 2x there deposit and more have to take delivery as this hobby is becoming a lot less cool.

#757 1 year ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Now we can have Lior make a whole set of custom sculpts that cost $399 each for it

Oh God please no more over priced mods from Lior

#758 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Let me guess. Flip n Out pinball says it’s a great game.

Hey, what did I do now?! Haha

#759 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Hey, what did I do now?! Haha

I think you were just about to review this...

#760 1 year ago

The one thing I fear JJP Toys Story 4 game has done, is suggest pricing for Stern to start selling their new Prems at 10k + now. That's the only new innovation I see on this title from JJP and not in a positive way for us at all.

#761 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Oh God please no more over priced mods from Lior

Tell me about it! I made the mistake of buying into the IJ $$cupt hype and that didn't end well at all. Never again.

#762 1 year ago

Tell me about it! I made the mistake of buying into the IJ $$cupt hype and that didn't end well at all. Never again.

I dont blame you....He makes nice stuff, but its way over priced and he's very difficult to work with

#763 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

The one thing I fear JJP Toys Story 4 game has done, is suggest pricing for Stern to start selling their new Prems at 10k + now. That's the only new innovation I see from this title from JJP and not in a positive way for us at all.

Reality check incoming for these luxury items after today’s 0.75 increase in mortgages rates…

#764 1 year ago

I would never buy a Toy Story game on theme alone. Not my cuppa. But I get why people hate the TS4 situation. And lack of toys. What a drag for them.

Game looks totally fun, well conceived and a multi-sensory extravaganza. Fucking better be for those prices. Again, happy to play it, not a buyer. But I’ll bet it’s a satisfying player. Looks damn nice to me.

But JJP and Disney are tarnished brands IMO, and the fact that they teamed up to produce

…this…

doesn’t surprise me one bit. But it’ll probably sell well. I don’t think stupidity is the problem for either of these companies.

What’s coming out next?

#765 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

The one thing I fear JJP Toys Story 4 game has done, is suggest pricing for Stern to start selling their new Prems at 10k + now. That's the only new innovation I see on this title from JJP and not in a positive way for us at all.

That’s fine. I’ve been done with Stern and JJP for years now. They can out-price each other forever. No value for my money.

Lemmings gotta-have-it’s can whine later about pf and service issues; and there will be whining.

#766 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

That’s fine. I’ve been done with Stern and JJP for years now. They can out-price each other forever. No value for my money.
Lemmings gotta-have-it’s can whine later about pf and service issues; and there will be whining.

Rick I give you props for using From Dusk till Dawn now, but you screwed me all up changing your avatar.

And true…there will definitely be whining.

#767 1 year ago

JJP may have 99 problems, but immediately selling 2.5k TS4LE’s is not one of them. They may be able to build them along with 1k CE’s, all this year. Then new title hits the main line and 2nd line. If so, they could give TS4LE’s six months rest and then decide whether to build more. My guess is they’d add TS4LE’s back to the second line then. Expecting TS4 to sell 4k LE’s and 1k CE’s when they are retired.

Ultimately game play and related TS theme will pull many in to playing it. And that will lead to more sales. I hate that all the toys featured in TS4 other than Duke, suck! Very soon thousands of people will have a chance to play the game for themselves. Then we can see what it’s all about.

#768 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I dont blame you....He makes nice stuff, but its way over priced and he's very difficult to work with

Yeah nail on the head. I ended up literally binning his product. He got me that offside about it, insulting me etc, when I found and posted about a real fitment issue.

#769 1 year ago

I just want to play it for myself, no hate on ts4 or jjp, gnr was the grail for me and whats done is done. There will be whining about issues, based on the removed art and washers i think its likely just going to be mechanics not playfields. Pintastic next week, i hope this helps with the door at pintastic, it’s important the shows get support and continue

#770 1 year ago

Yeah nail on the head. I ended up literally binning his product. He got me that offside about it, insulting me etc, when I found and posted about a real fitment issue.

I can totally see that...he got all bent at me for bagging one of his products when I said it wasn't worth it. He then said he would send me a free product of my choice so I can see the quality. He of course disappeared after that....

#771 1 year ago

No sense in commenting on the game for me. As for JJP in general to me.....I am definitely the guy standing on the dock watching JJP slowly paddle away from me. It started with Dialed In which was a stretch for me. I think prices will continue to climb which is expected but the rate at which they have is insane. It would seem the end result for JJP would be finding themselves in some weird super small market at a time when people here no longer even talk about them (or at least not with any real frequency). And maybe that's a good thing.

#772 1 year ago

I wonder how many Le's would sell at $9,999
It seems price is an issue here for what we get. I actually like the looks of it and want to play one. I could own one but, I have said that about every new game in the past 10 years hahahah

#773 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I can totally see that...he got all bent at me for bagging one of his products when I said it wasn't worth it. He then said he would send me a free product of my choice so I can see the quality. He of course disappeared after that....

Yeah similar story between our scenarios. Mine was made even more surreal being a paying customer.

#774 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

It seems price is an issue here for what we get. I actually like the looks of it and want to play one. I could own one but, I have said that about every new game in the past 10 years hahahah

Yeah, they certainly crossed a mental price barrier for me. Honestly it would not have mattered how great it was, 12K is just too much to even consider it. I can't believe they did Toy Story 4. A theme's main purpose is to get us excited about the pin -- this would be like making a Star Trek pin based on The Undiscovered Country or something.

#775 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

No sense in commenting on the game for me. As for JJP in general to me.....I am definitely the guy standing on the dock watching JJP slowly paddle away from me. It started with Dialed In which was a stretch for me. I think prices will continue to climb which is expected but the rate at which they have is insane. It would seem the end result for JJP would be finding themselves in some weird super small market at a time when people here no longer even talk about them (or at least not with any real frequency). And maybe that's a good thing.

For sure.. I'm trying to look on the bright side of this and care not to think that JJP's targeted demographic now is a super rich family with a spoiled kid who wants to bash Gabby Gabby's face in with a pinball? but it sure seems like it from the interviews, I don't know.

I do know we're not all resellers/flippers, a lot of us love pinball and are true hobbyists. I'd bet that a lot of us wanted to like this game and purchase it yesterday but quickly realized it was way overpriced. The new norm is we got a few minutes to decide whether to spend 10's of thousands of dollars? Screw that. What a dumb way to buy.

Maybe it's good that all of us are a bit wiser now and we won't just buy anyone's cockatoo.

#776 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

If it was a Toy Story pin and not TS4 and done even reasonably well I wouldn’t have blinked at $12k and almost certainly would have sprung for the CE.

Price matters but theme and game play are key.

As for TS4 an LE at $10k doesn’t do anything for me. I’m limited with space now; I’m not sure I’d keep TS4 if I got it for free - it’s that much of a miss.

#777 1 year ago

Good education for other manufacturers…if it’s not the original, or at least original content included…it’s a miss. And at $12k…JJP just jumped the shark. For
Those too young to remember Fonzie jumping the shark and screwing up Happy Days…it’s when the franchise died and never recovered.

#778 1 year ago

The poll above is really revealing.. People here are OUT 3-1. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

#779 1 year ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Yeah, they certainly crossed a mental price barrier for me. Honestly it would not have mattered how great it was, 12K is just too much to even consider it. I can't believe they did Toy Story 4. A theme's main purpose is to get us excited about the pin -- this would be like making a Star Trek pin based on The Undiscovered Country or something.

Hey now, easy on The Undiscovered Country, I would play that pin!

#780 1 year ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

The poll above is really revealing.. People here are OUT 3-1. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

It is Pinside. Pinside only represents a small minority of Pinheads I think.

#782 1 year ago

Sounds like you would be fun to talk to at a party.
url.jpgurl.jpg

#783 1 year ago

10k or 12k, inflation or not. You guys are nuts, can’t believe we got to this point.

#784 1 year ago

Hahaaha....I mean yeah Walt probably would. Dont know if thats the one you wanna hitch your wagon to.

#785 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Or maybe his cousin, Jethro Hanks.

Jethro does a mean Rich Little.

#786 1 year ago

If you're looking for hot white muscle dudes I don't know that Disney films will scratch your itch.

#787 1 year ago

Well I am over the initial disappointment and have recalibrated. My wife and 4yo love it and I’m cool with it and reckon it will play just fine so thats good enough for me - life’s too short so I’m staying in on a CE. I have no doubt it will create awesome memories in our family.

#788 1 year ago

Stage three: bargaining.

#789 1 year ago

You’re not wrong. Others just don’t have eyes to see yet.

#790 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

If you're looking for hot white muscle dudes I don't know that Disney films will fill your itch.

Wreck it Ralph? Hmm...guess he's kind of a beta eh?

#791 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Stage three: bargaining.

Just waiting for “not what I expected but fun, Pinside is wrong as usual, shoots great, wife approves so haters gonna hate” posts.

Acceptance stage.

#792 1 year ago

I don’t think this creative product which appears to be incredibly intricate, well thought out, and aesthetically pleasing deserves all the vitriol it’s getting. Everyone wishes it was Toy Story (not TS4). I imagine the license was committed to already (likely paid for and set to expire). Given the constraints of building a pinball machine in the modern post pandemic era this is still a remarkable piece of amusement equipment. I don’t like that they are 12k and 15k but this was the obvious price point given the prices of past releases and the current pin market. The CEs still sold out in 2 minutes. It may not have the “magic under the glass” a lot of packed machines have but I do believe it will have magical moments, satisfying gameplay, and unique character like all JJP titles to this date seem to have.

#793 1 year ago

If you take out the light rails and IPad it looks like a Stern Pro.

#794 1 year ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

The CEs still sold out in 2 minutes.

No. 99 CEs sold (one was refunded). The other 900 CEs were allocated to distributors and there are distributors that still have them today.

#795 1 year ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

I don’t think this creative product which appears to be incredibly intricate, well thought out, and aesthetically pleasing deserves all the vitriol it’s getting. Everyone wishes it was Toy Story (not TS4). I imagine the license was committed to already (likely paid for and set to expire). Given the constraints of building a pinball machine in the modern post pandemic era this is still a remarkable piece of amusement equipment. I don’t like that they are 12k and 15k but this was the obvious price point given the prices of past releases and the current pin market. The CEs still sold out in 2 minutes. It may not have the “magic under the glass” a lot of packed machines have but I do believe it will have magical moments, satisfying gameplay, and unique character like all JJP titles to this date seem to have.

I don't think the TS4 theme is the bigger issue. I believe most people could care less as long as the game was packed with game play stuff, and it shot well. The reality is JJP price points are crazy for what u get and thats 90% of the reaction. If this pin was priced like GNR people wouldn't be complaining, and that was a true under glass experience. That being said JJP went from a GNR LE at $9500 (sold a ton), and then for no reason kept raising the price throughout production (landed at $11K). My guess is they sold very few units at $11k and 90%+ of the buyers bought at the $9.5K price. Sales of this game will pale in comparison to GNR

#796 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

No. 99 CEs sold (one was refunded). The other 900 CEs were allocated to distributors and there are distributors that still have them today.

Who are they? If it’s that much of a miss why do you care?

You don’t need to justify why you didn’t get one. It’s fine. It has sold out apparently on CEs

Have you played it yet?

You are def more old school. I get it.

GNR a phenomenal pin. Can’t write this one off yet

#797 1 year ago

I should've known better.
The internet once again devolved into, brave keyboard warriors, with superior intellect and knowledge, in their own minds, boldly stating to those they disagree and pass baseless judgment on, "i don't agree with you, so, you're a racist, sexist, bigot, and must be old because you have a differing opinion."
I would think it'd get old after awhile, but no, it hasn't. Amazing how the universe seems to revolve around so many individuals these days.

Im going to go do adult things with other adults now. You know, yelling at kids and begging a nazi racist bigot, etc.etc.etc. how old and cliche this all is.

#798 1 year ago
Quoted from leonml:

I should've known better.
The internet once again devolved into, brave keyboard warriors, with superior intellect and knowledge, in their own minds, boldly stating to those they disagree and pass baseless judgment on, "i don't agree with you, so, you're a racist, sexist, bigot, and must be old because you have a differing opinion."
I would think it'd get old after awhile, but no, it hasn't. Amazing how the universe seems to revolve around so many individuals these days.
Im going to go do adult things with other adults now. You know, yelling at kids and begging a nazi racist bigot, etc.etc.etc. how old and cliche this all is.

Lighten up Francis

#799 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I don't think the TS4 theme is the bigger issue. I believe most people could care less as long as the game was packed with game play stuff, and it shot well. The reality is JJP price points are crazy for what u get and thats 90% of the reaction. If this pin was priced like GNR people wouldn't be complaining, and that was a true under glass experience. That being said JJP went from a GNR LE at $9500 (sold a ton), and then for no reason kept raising the price throughout production (landed at $11K). My guess is they sold very few units at $11k and 90%+ of the buyers bought at the $9.5K price. Sales of this game will pale in comparison to GNR

Very good point. It’s absurd in my mind that I’m coming to the defense of a manufacturer for raising prices. My thought process is this, when I got into this hobby a few years ago I imagined and experienced when buying new in box that if I sold it in the used market I would take at least a 5-10% hit. Recently this has not been the case and manufacturing continues to be sluggish, so maybe they are ok with out pricing some folks on nib and softening the used market value so there isn’t an absurd # of backorders which really means (like initially with GnR) you undervalued your product. Also, this game actually has more mechanical aspects than GnR and Wonka. I also am certain the TS license cost 2-3x that of GnR or Wonka.

#800 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If it’s that much of a miss why do you care?

I don’t. I’m sure many will enjoy it for what it is. I just don’t want to see people being duped into thinking it is some massive hit (or the hit it should’ve been) because “the CEs already sold out”.

The good thing is now people will have plenty of time to play the game first before deciding (which is how it should be anyway). CEs will be available for months and LEs aren’t going to sell out. In my case it doesn’t matter because this game isn’t the Toy Story I wanted (or expected). Just because it’s a huge miss for me doesn’t mean it will be for others.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out/page/16?hl=gorbiie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.