20221112_154515 (resized).jpg
A998687C-C389-4532-9B8A-C1927F8FE722 (resized).jpeg
98FE8C16-B18B-4303-8F01-AEF9FBD292D9 (resized).jpeg
B2D1D22E-5D87-4040-8CB2-72C2104DD40E (resized).jpeg
E33CC087-4113-4171-960B-826AA3DDA785 (resized).jpeg
The King of Clunk.png
tenor.png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 61.
#551 1 year ago

6jo9m1 (resized).jpg6jo9m1 (resized).jpg

#552 1 year ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Couple observations from the video: It's a kid playing.

Good eye.

#553 1 year ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

the fourth one I never saw.

You are a lucky, lucky person.

#554 1 year ago

Maybe this game isn't meant to appeal to the Male demographic. My little girl probably likes this. That is why she can never
see this game EVER.. If this was Frozen it would sold out 10x times.

#555 1 year ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Who wants too make a bet. I guarentee this game doesn't sell out day 1 as everyone is absolutely devastated in this title and direction choice at these prices.

LOL, CE's sold out in under 5 minutes...

Not that I disagree with what you're saying.

#556 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Fresh ain't the problem. People are clamoring for 27-year-old IP.

Who do you know that ever requested a pinball machine based on Toy Story 4? I'll wait.

#557 1 year ago

Well you see a Dad and his lil Gal on commercial.. Lot's of very wealthy Pinball peeps and no games that appeal to Lil Bo Peep.

#558 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

As a huge Toy Story fan, and someone who was on a preorder list, this was an epic fail. Never mind the fact that it's based on TS 4 (that's bad enough), but look at the PF. WTF? Where are the toys? You'd think a pin based on a movie about toys would...I don't know....actually have freaking toys on it? The most exciting part of the pin is the jump ramp, and that's a rehash by Lawlor from No Good Gofers. Lame.
Order cancelled.

I've got 4 Lawlor games that collectively cost less than half of the LE. So, for me - yeah I need to see Lawlor doing something REEAAAAALLLY rad to bite. I realize I'm not the target customer anymore, but I do buy new games occasionally (R&M, Godzilla, Rush, UM all quasi-recently). The films' gimmick is toys "COMING TO LIFE"...and all the character toys are just static figures. Forky is so spazzy, at least put him on a coil & spring. Figure out how to put Jessie on Bullseye & "run around". Buzz's wings could be a ramp that retracts or acts as a diverter. Even just having Rex & Hamm with moving heads and/or jaws. Zurg with light up eyes. The CLAW or even the claw machine with little aliens jumping around.

IMO this doesn't feel like a Toy Story machine...it feels like a "Pat Lawlor Brand" machine with a Toy Story skin.

#559 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Maybe this game isn't meant to appeal to the Male demographic. My little girl probably likes this. That is why she can never
see this game EVER.. If this was Frozen it would sold out 10x times.

My little girl likes Rick & Morty, Revenge from Mars and Jurassic Park, lol. She loves Frozen, Little Mermaid and Muppets...strangely, she doesn't give AF about Toy Story. Maybe when she's older - I think the plot is more relatable after you've grown up a bit.

#560 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I've got 4 Lawlor games that collectively cost less than half of the LE. So, for me - yeah I need to see Lawlor doing something REEAAAAALLLY rad to bite. I realize I'm not the target customer anymore, but I do buy new games occasionally (R&M, Godzilla, Rush, UM all quasi-recently). The films' gimmick is toys "COMING TO LIFE"...and all the character toys are just static figures. Forky is so spazzy, at least put him on a coil & spring. Figure out how to put Jessie on Bullseye & "run around". Buzz's wings could be a ramp that retracts or acts as a diverter. Even just having Rex & Hamm with moving heads and/or jaws. Zurg with light up eyes. The CLAW or even the claw machine with little aliens jumping around.
IMO this doesn't feel like a Toy Story machine...it feels like a "Pat Lawlor Brand" machine with a Toy Story skin.

It reminds me of a game based on a carnival with Toy Story 4 plastered all over it. Pretty uninspiring IMO.

#561 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

It reminds me of a game based on a carnival with Toy Story 4 plastered all over it. Pretty uninspiring IMO.

Yeah, it's like...sure, 4 partially takes place at a carnival, but carnival just isn't really what you think of when you think of Toy Story. Disnelyland's Toy Story area leans into the carnival game thing...but that makes sense AT a theme park.

#562 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

They were saying how great it was to have Annie Potts!
As if anyone knows who she is?

Guys on here act like the original Ghostbusters film is Citizen Kane or the dead sea scrolls, we all know damn well who she is.

#563 1 year ago

Mr Potato Head and Sarge would have made for great call outs... would have to hire impersonators, but still what a swing and a miss. Instead we have Gabby Gabby? Oof.

#564 1 year ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Andy (seriously, where is Andy??)

Plot twist: the player is Andy.

#565 1 year ago
Quoted from thewool:

Who do you know that ever requested a pinball machine based on Toy Story 4? I'll wait.

No one, but the film being 3 years old isn't the problem. You said it wasn't fresh. If it hit theatres this weekend, same pinside response.

#566 1 year ago

I’m out considering price and it’s only based off 1 of 4 movies. I do like the jump ramp(slam ramp) idea though as I always loved the one on ngg.

#567 1 year ago

Got a CE. I have three daughters that will probably love this pin for a long time. I think the carnival theme works pretty good, especially after watching this movie so much with the kids. Im glad they didn’t overload toys on this like gnr. Bc I think it will shoot better with the open playfield. I understand why people are hating on the prices. But I probably won’t ever sell it.

#568 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Plot twist: the player is Andy.

Lol. That's actually a pretty good idea, I like it. BUT--- I'd think that if the player is Andy then some of Andy's actual beloved toys should be on the playfield and interactive so that the player can actually play with them.

Plus the game would need to be based on the earlier films.

#569 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

LOL, CE's sold out in under 5 minutes...
Not that I disagree with what you're saying.

And half of them are for sale here on pinside for $3k more.

Of course, Spooky sold a boatload of Halloween CE's day 1..... now you find guys willing to eat $1200 of their $2k deposit.

#570 1 year ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Lol. That's actually a pretty good idea, I like it. BUT--- I'd think that if the player is Andy then some of Andy's actual beloved toys should be on the playfield and interactive so that the player can actually play with them.
Plus the game would need to be based on the earlier films.

?
They player cant Andy because Andy does not know the toys live.
Sorry
Ps/ I am fun at parties… my wife disagrees

#571 1 year ago

Progress? What we want vs. what we get these days. Nothing collectible anymore in the latter!

back-to-the-future-the-ride-vehicle (resized).pngback-to-the-future-the-ride-vehicle (resized).pngSimpsons (resized).jpgSimpsons (resized).jpgRudy (resized).jpgRudy (resized).jpgWoody (resized).JPGWoody (resized).JPG
#572 1 year ago

My Mrs just watched the trailer and immediately said "What? Why only Toy Story 4???"

Showed the trailer to my son and he said "Eh? Why is it only Toy Story 4, where is slinky dog?"

You can't make this up...

#573 1 year ago

Nothing changed from my post # 5, other than lower retirement assets.

So when we met with our financial planner earlier this year, she said my wife and I are in our go-go years. This is a function of age, health and finances.
We recently got back from Scandinavia booked another trip for next year. The go -go years turn into the slow -go years and then the no -go years.
So while this pin cost more than I ever spent on a pinball , I keep my games a long time and sold my Met for the space months ago. I sent congrats to JJP.

Can't wait.

Cheers.

#574 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:?
They player cant Andy because Andy does not know the toys live.
Sorry
Ps/ I am fun at parties… my wife disagrees

Well that's why they need to be interactive and only come to life when Andy hits the shot.

#575 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I agree totally; I was giving PL the benefit of the doubt with Wonka, and even DI.

The industry has just passed him by; time to let the new blood in.

I'm hoping SR can learn from this and churn out an excellent effort with JJP, we shall see

#576 1 year ago

a box of nothing... JJP are soo out of touch with everything in general ,even more so than Stern . screwed up Another good theme .

#577 1 year ago

If the LE was $8000 I'd be all in.
For 12k and based on TS4, I'm out.
Total dejavu of Dialed in reveal day for different reasons, but way to similar.
Plus for 12k it has Fucking Forky targets. WTF Pat? Worst character Pixar ever thought of. I still think that writer should be fired from when I saw the movie.
Fucking forky, I snap every spork I can find now for fun.
Edit-I forgot. The left sling plastic is a Forky? Fucking Forky.

48d90f967fc08ab355231c6e45c3bed1190971f7 (resized).jpg48d90f967fc08ab355231c6e45c3bed1190971f7 (resized).jpg

#578 1 year ago

I did see #4 and I personally liked it more than the others, but that’s just me. I thought Forky was funny and Vincent(s) and the antique store was pretty creepy. If it’s going to be a kids’ theme, I wish it were Muppets, however. I was a big fan growing up. Gonna hold off for now, as I recently added a Wonka LE, which is a fun pin.

#579 1 year ago

I wasn’t a fan before, and remain not a fan. The final pin looks entertaining, but the theme is not really my cup of tea. Especially Toy Story 4. I still haven’t seen the movie.

Was it common knowledge that JJP was no longer going to make standard editions?

#580 1 year ago

I’m sure it’s been said here before but I’m not going to read through the whole thread…. I think they missed the boat on this game. The machine seems to be based entirely on Toy Story 4, which imho is the worst of the 4 movies. I think it would have been much more appealing (to me for sure) if they incorporated more of each movie into it. The first two movies are classic, the third was good but the last one… meh, not so much. Just my 2 cents

#581 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

I watched the youtube video from JJP and Pat says the game is more or less designed for ‘non pinballers’ so kids etc. or people who have no connection yet to pinball and never had one.

So Jack and the rest of JJP is banking on kids and non pinballer's just to go out and drop between 12-15k on a machine to lure them into a hobby they're not even part of lol. Yeah good luck with that one Jack, maybe you should reevaluate what actual pinball players are looking for in a machine who actually are in the market of buying them.

#582 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

If the LE was $8000 I'd be all in.
For 12k and based on TS4, I'm out.
Total dejavu of Dialed in reveal day for different reasons, but way to similar.
Plus for 12k it has Fucking Forky targets. WTF Pat? Worst character Pixar ever thought of. I still think that writer should be fired from when I saw the movie.
Fucking forky, I snap every spork I can find now for fun.
Edit-I forgot. The left sling plastic is a Forky? Fuck
[quoted image]

They could of used Woody or Alien there. Those would of been much better. They should of just called it Toy Story. Used the characters from the first 2 movies. This is like making a Rocky machine. Then only using material from Rocky V.

#583 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

They could of used Woody or Alien there. Those would of been much better. They should of just called it Toy Story. Used the characters from the first 2 movies.

I bet they never thought of that!

#584 1 year ago

LOL Indeed! It was in reference to somebody else saying it's a kid game.

#585 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You guys are always so crabby!!
Game looks like fun to me. Can’t wait to fist pump that jump ramp shot!

Will you be holding my little pony in that fist pump!

#586 1 year ago

After TS4 reveal, Hot Wheels looks much more attractive to me, for a family/kid theme.

#587 1 year ago

Not really a theme I'm interested in, but I like some of whats going on in the playfield. I do predict a ton of broken things with that ball ramping into the open like that.

#588 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Next up for JJP....Godfather 3

Mad Max, Beyond Thinderdome

Quoted from Faust:

I watched the youtube video from JJP and Pat says the game is more or less designed for ‘non pinballers’ so kids etc. or people who have no connection yet to pinball and never had one.
So for the hardcore pinballer this game is less interesting, but JJP will reach a large audience with this game for sure.
So I think we should look at this game from
this perspective.
It will hopefully bring more new people to the hobby.

Non pinballers have no idea what these machines cost. Friends think i paid 1500 for my METLE.

They wont sell to non pinballers for that reason.

#589 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Non pinballers have no idea what these machines cost. Friends think i paid 1500 for my METLE.

Do you get embarrassed to tell them? I do. They get all excited and say "how much would it cost me to buy this" and I say...too much.

#590 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yes.. The comment by Pat makes no sense at all. Non pinballers, kids, they act like they are selling the game for $1500, not 15,000 + tax & shipping over 16,000 out the door. If a non-pinballer is buying a 16k pin for their kids? they probably should check themselves before they wreck themselves.

#591 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Do you get embarrassed to tell them? I do. They get all excited and say "how much would it cost me to buy this" and I say...too much.

Yea but then i quickly follow up with, well supposedly I could sell for around $$$. By then, they are like blah blah lol.

#592 1 year ago

No way in hell I'm in
Garbage playfeilds for the last 3 games is a hard pass for me.

#593 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'll disagree with Pat Lawlor on the "In my world designing something in a pinball machine that no one ever sees except for 3 people is a waste of effort and time on our part" comment in regards to rules. A pinball machines ruleset can be approachable, offer multiple approachable modes, have more difficult modes, a mid wizard mode(s), and then also offer the insane Valnor and Somewhere over the Rainbow type wizard mode. There's a reason why many games have a mid wizard mode (or multiple) and then the super level wizard mode.
There needs to be things in regards to rules design that keeps owners coming back for years. A cousin of mine has 6,000+ games on his LOTR that he's owned since 2004, and he was blown a way a couple years back when he saw Valinor for the first time. Modes like that at these insane prices should be in games for long term value and fun. I want to own game that has a super wizard mode that may take me years to reach as there's still always something to go after. The mid wizard mode(s) offer a mode to reach for those great games and then the super wizard mode for a game of a lifetime.

Why doesn’t anyone ask the TS designers where exactly they are on the code? Betcha they are nowhere near a code release that delivers what they promise on that SDTM promo.

They think we should be excited about a special wizard mode they’ve designed that a 12-year-old or only a Karl DeAngelo clone can reach?

POTC still doesn’t have its ultimate wizard mode (final code) and it’s been FOUR years!! The beta was apparently abandoned as well! Put the game in the box, abandon it in less than a year and then onto the next game.

EDIT: They lied to when they said that ALL their games have online capability….you forgot about POTC (again).

#594 1 year ago
Quoted from evh347:

Why doesn’t anyone ask the TS designers where exactly they are on the code? Betcha they are nowhere near a code release that delivers what they promise on that SDTM promo.
They think we should be excited about a special wizard mode they’ve designed that a 12-year-old or only a Karl DeAngelo clone can reach?
POTC still doesn’t have its ultimate wizard mode (final code) and it’s been FOUR years!! The beta was apparently abandoned as well! Put the game in the box, abandon it in less than a year and then onto the next game.

Well...i mean..that isn't exactly uncommon in the pinball realm. The issue is they keep releasing them with earlier and earlier code. Sure you MIGHT get a code update 3-4 years down the road, but most likely won't.

#595 1 year ago

I agree with you on the overload - but man do I wish they priced it accordingly based on what they did put in it. I was willing to fork over the higher price I just don’t see it in the game. Software will be amazing.

That said - I’ll be waiting for an invite to come play it when it arrives

Quoted from Firechief:

Got a CE. I have three daughters that will probably love this pin for a long time. I think the carnival theme works pretty good, especially after watching this movie so much with the kids. Im glad they didn’t overload toys on this like gnr. Bc I think it will shoot better with the open playfield. I understand why people are hating on the prices. But I probably won’t ever sell it.

#596 1 year ago

Just saw locally someone is already trying to flip a CE spot for $6500.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/137266#

#597 1 year ago

What's Kaneda saying?

#598 1 year ago

I'm out... The theme is not my cup of tea, there's the JJP playfield and customer services issues, the playfield doesn't look that interesting and I'm taking delivery of a GZ Premium later this week which I'd much rather have in my game room. For those that love JJP and the Toy Story 4 theme, more power to you... However, it does nothing for me. In addition, I suspect that some of these "flippers" / "speculators" may be disappointed as they try to bilk folks for their spots for crazy $$$.

#599 1 year ago

This could have been a theme I would have considered picking up in the secondary market for the family. We loved the 1st 3 movies when my boys were young but now their done with college and all of us haven't even seen TS4. I envisioned something totally different when I heard JJP picked up TS. Even with the 30 min explanation that Zach shared I'm still bummed. Hopefully many of you will be able to enjoy this with your family so JJP gets to keep pumping out games.

#600 1 year ago

Slightly disappointed it was only Toy Story 4, but I doubt that was in JJPs control. Having Tim Allen, Annie Potts and Tom Hanks' brother doing callouts was more than I expected and I think is pretty cool.

What is putting me on hold though is the "easy to get to wizard mode", the lack of any mechanically complex toys and the super high price.

So wait and see for me. If it is fun to shoot and the code isn't too shallow I can see myself picking one up on the secondary market or even NIB in a year or so.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,299 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 35.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-pinball-you-in-or-out/page/12?hl=pinballrockdude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.