(Topic ID: 316923)

Toy Story 4 Hype Thread To Infinity And Beyond!

By AMSNL

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 231 posts
  • 120 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MJK-911
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

keep-oranje-and-hup-hup-holland.png
9C90038D-6D73-4381-AA94-CDA0ED3E2C1C (resized).jpeg
12B3B836-E0E1-4885-AA6B-2813977DD4AF (resized).jpeg
F0BDDD15-CA1B-4F5A-99C9-4F0F0A7CE182 (resized).jpeg
8C76311A-6CCB-4777-8C2A-D6674FA957F4 (resized).png
644B1ADD-77AF-44C4-99D7-37FA228EB0FE (resized).jpeg
fennel cakes (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 12.05.54 PM (resized).png
WorstOwnersClub (resized).jpg
96C226B0-3FE4-4D31-99C4-6CE397504826 (resized).jpeg
6DD3C3F8-643C-41D5-86EF-66C9F238EE8C (resized).jpeg
9A69110F-07CE-4110-9D3F-37034A5B81CA (resized).jpeg
263AC1E7-3360-42D7-95BD-C903F170B7C8 (resized).jpeg
5B44C2F3-1E02-432F-8F37-50428EF3D0BF (resized).jpeg
21BF2CDA-3B0B-414E-85C1-F971CAEE8D8E (resized).jpeg
F14398DE-8EE6-4471-851B-6BC6CCF83889 (resized).jpeg
There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

WHODEY would be laughing his ass of at this game. He’d want me to post this. Rock on Whodey.

I miss him....although I'm glad my Rams beat Cincy in the superbowl.

#202 1 year ago

Man I think some of you guys are totally not hearing the same review I heard these guys did.

Lack of mechs, check, no drop targets, check, spinning wheel, check. Take the LE because of price, check

I think the review is spot on and I don’t need anybody to hype it up for me.

It looks phenomenal to me. A piece of art, Lawlor design, great code, awesome animations again.

I say great job guys!

And our buddy WhoDey would be classy as always. Miss that dude

Don’t like the price? Wait until it comes down

#203 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Would it have worked for you if we hated it?

I actually enjoy your videos as its great information. What I found interesting is you didn't discuss price/value. I think the major complaints about the game are driven by JJP's crazy price structure....I mean GNR LE was $9.5K at release (I got my CE at $12.5K)....yea I know they raised the price to $11K, but I highly doubt they sold that many. A 25% price increase over the release price of GNR LE is crazy.....and just FYI I've owned all their games...this was a hard pass although I'm sure its a fun game

#204 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Man I think some of you guys are totally not hearing the same review I heard these guys did.
Lack of mechs, check, no drop targets, check, spinning wheel, check. Take the LE because of price, check
I think the review is spot on and I don’t need anybody to hype it up for me.
It looks phenomenal to me. A piece of art, Lawlor design, great code, awesome animations again.
I say great job guys!
And our buddy WhoDey would be classy as always. Miss that dude
Don’t like the price? Wait until it comes down

Take the LE because the CE's are sold out....come on man!

#205 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Take the LE because the CE's are sold out....come on man!

Lol. The haters think people are dropping CEs all over the place so they can pick either one up from Zach.

And I agree that the blue art package looks better. Primarily because I have a Wonka CE.

I’m sure they don’t think we are all stupid enough to believe that Zach is doing a Jedi mind trick to swing us towards the LE. Good lord.

It’s F ing cheaper! And if you wait on a CE and want one you can probably get it later.

I do agree though, there are some pretty dumb SOBs that can’t walk and chew gum at the same time and momma still lays out their jammys for them at night.

Shame on Zach and Greg for taking advantage of those dumb bastards.

If you can’t think and decide for yourself then you are a no hoper anyhow

#206 1 year ago

Toy Story is an amazing game and before you bash on it senseless go play the game. A pinball isn’t about any one thing such as mechs or code its the sum of all its parts… this game has a lot of parts and the sum is its amazing.

I ‘GULP’ will agree with Zach on his review of Toy Story especially when he said this might be bolted to the floor. You have to go play the game its really that simple. Hasn’t anyone ever heard the old saying a picture doesn’t do it justice. That saying goes for Toy Story pinball times 10.

As for the price don’t have a problem with it when people on this very site are asking 25k for Tron, 12k for Creature, 20k for Jurassic Park, 28k for Elvira, and the list goes on. This is a bogus argument if you’re actually buying the game to keep it, for your collection, your kids, your family. If you’re just a pinball speculator and your assumption is you buy it for 12k and its never worth 13 then you’re not buying Toy Story for the right reasons. Toy Story pinball makes you smile, laugh and you have so much fun playing you just want more.

Getting back to the price again wasn’t it Stern who challenged their distro to sell Beatles and Elvira for basically DOUBLE the price of Toy Story? Am I wrong here is Beatles (love the game) even close to the worth what Toy Story is? Is Elvira even 1 1/millionth as popular as the brand of Toy Story?

PLAY THE GAME THEN LEAVE A REVIEW.

If you don’t like the price dont’ buy it, but as to if the game is good or not play it first.

#207 1 year ago

Played it last night at CP Pinball in St. Louis. Here is my short review:

Overall impression - It was fun, had the play again feeling.
Best Feature: Duke Caboom ramp. Reminds me of Goldeneye ramp but harder to hit. Must hit straight on due to side posts and need enough power to make the shot.
Favorite mode: Tiki, great light show.
Theme intergration: Great from modes to artwork.
Price: too much, but what isn't on pinball these days. At $9k I would say great addition to gameroom especially for kids. Should do well on location.

#208 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW SDTM: Toy Story 4 Pinball First Impressions!

ZMeny thx!

#209 1 year ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Played it last night at CP Pinball in St. Louis. Here is my short review:

I agree with you 110%. Everything you said is a fair comment. You don’t love the price who loves the price of Jurassic Park LE going for 20k or an Elvira Premium the ask is 12 to 14k. The list goes on… your comments are spot on.

I also like your comment about how after you play it you want to play it again. I had the same feeling.

#210 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Nobody bought POTC because features were removed and was too expensive.

I did, initially I wasn’t going to buy PoTC because the 3 disks were wonky and didn’t do much movement to the ball. The ball would also get stuck between the right ramp and the ship, if it was rocking it could/would break things. I worked on one of the prototypes at a couple expos for Flip-N-Out before Zach and Nicole bought the business. The 3 disk set up was troublesome. At the time Larry kept trying to sell me a PoTC and I would buy it because of the mechs. When JJP announced the 3 disk removal I bought one asap for my route.

The decision to remove and improve a few things on PoTC was one of JJPs best decisions despite all the uprising from people who didn’t know better.

#211 1 year ago

Come on fellas, cheer up. Sure from the moment of this highly anticipated pin since I dunno POTC or Hobbits announced, we the pinheads can all see and point out the negatives: TS4 (vs TS1/2/3 )theme, the miss opportunities, and the lack-of features/toys. However, we didn't get to play in person and explore how the pin actually shoots. For that, I'm grateful that Zach and Greg spent good amount of time on the pin and posted the video at a timely fashion. Their gave us their personal views (subjective of course) and I believe to be quite honest opinion about it. After watching the video I never felt the need to rush out and buy without spending my own time on it or else. They simply pointed out how they like the game looks, shoots and the code right out the box. It gave me hope and the urge to try to find one and play for myself and my family. I feel no pressure to buy but happy not to simply write the game off or judge it based on what I see on paper (or the Playfield). Keep up the good work @zmeny!! Looking forward to play it at Andrea's house.

#212 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Each time I watch the videos that these guys guys make, they lose more and more credibility in my eyes.
Are they on JJP's payroll?

The answer is yes, the video came across the same way to me, very promotional, and thats fine but as a JJP dealer you would be cutting your own throat to come out with an honest opinion, i think its a 100% conflict of interest, a JJP dealer should not be doing a first impression video. Everyone in law enforcement knows when you start of a sentence to be honest, you not about to be honest.

#213 1 year ago

I just think the price is insane I mean $12k for an entry level model. I hope this does well for them just would wish that price would come down

#214 1 year ago

Here is the Wizard mode…

#215 1 year ago

Haha omg those super jackpot shots good play! Thx for sharing

#217 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Here is the Wizard mode…

I cannot watch this yet!! It will spoil my excitement for my CE order.

I’ve heard watching this looks like a smooth game. I’m just hoping people will say the journey, code is top notch.

He only did the wizard mode once? I remember the interview Pat have said to try and do it twice (once with Buzz and then with Woody).

Hope that makes it tougher….

#218 1 year ago

Got a chance to play one on location in a tournament last Friday night.

Impressions:
Played better than Wonka despite having no idea WTF to do. Scored 500k no idea how.
I wasn't the only one to ask.. and no one really had any idea of what to do other than not tilt,
go for the skill shot ( took a minute to see ) and activate a mode but not sure how.

Game really is stunning colors pop, animations are top notch and great sound. Superficially
despite missing ToyStory 1-3 it was still stunning. I suppose you could Mod a dinky dog dash
and couple other things.

Half-Tablet screen. Meh. For Dialed In the phone was intriguing. Just seemed to detract from game. Rather see a mechanical
Toy. Just another problem down the road IMO.

I will say though the Mechs really were smooth and well designed. Ramp and Bo-Peep pop ups were surprising and fun.

TS4 doesn't make me run to the bank to get 12k to drop on a game that just wasn't made for this Middle Age man cave.
If I knew I could quickly sell it in 3-6 months, desperately needed a new game for my location and this was the only
thing I could find and was available maybe? Though with hope for a Stern Premium or American Pinball or Fathom 2,
Cactus Canyon all well under this price point. I'll just wait.

#219 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Here is the Wizard mode…

Cool light show, but if you're going off this guys verbal impressions of the game, it was difficult to count the number of times he said it f-n sucks, f-n blows, and is the worst game. Maybe that's just how he plays? It certainly didn't leave me with a favorable impression (aside from the light show).

#220 1 year ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Cool light show, but if your going off this guys verbal impressions of the game, it was difficult to count the number of times he said it f-n sucks, f-n blows, and is the worst game. Maybe that's just how he plays? It certainly didn't leave me with a favorable impression (aside from the light show).

He is just doing the typical annoying pinball noob thing of blaming the game for his own lack of skill - he keeps saying that it's like playing a slot machine, that the slingshots are designed to drain to the left outlane, etc.

Someone is watching him so *of course* it's the game's fault, not his own inability to read and compensate - after all, look at all the dancing around, the unnecessary repeated flips and the superhero bitchslapping of the the buttons! That's world class playing right there...

#221 1 year ago
Quoted from apessino:

after all, look at all the dancing around, the unnecessary repeated flips and the superhero bitchslapping of the the buttons!

I had to chuckle when he mentioned the flippers getting mushy. No shit! Maybe stop machine gunning them for a couple of seconds and they'll have a chance to cool down.

#222 1 year ago
Quoted from apessino:

He is just doing the typical annoying pinball noob thing of blaming the game for his own lack of skill - he keeps saying that it's like playing a slot machine, that the slingshots are designed to drain to the left outlane, etc.
Someone is watching him so *of course* it's the game's fault, not his own inability to read and compensate - after all, look at all the dancing around, the unnecessary repeated flips and the superhero bitchslapping of the the buttons! That's world class playing right there...

I am pretty sure that is Walt Wood. He is currently ranked #54 in the world. So he is definitely not just a rando.

https://www.ifpapinball.com/player.php?p=7176

#223 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I am pretty sure that is Walt Wood. He is currently ranked #54 in the world. So he is definitely not just a rando.
https://www.ifpapinball.com/player.php?p=7176

Really? Well... then I stand corrected and I bow my head in shame.

Still, I have never heard a notable player make those kind of comments before. Very odd and (to me, at least) very unpleasant to listen to.

#224 1 year ago
Quoted from apessino:

Really? Well... then I stand corrected and I bow my head in shame.
Still, I have never heard a notable player make those kind of comments before. Very odd and (to me, at least) very unpleasant to listen to.

Lol. Yeah like 95% sure. manadams would know for sure.

#226 1 year ago

Toy Story set to arrive tomorrow in Northeast Ohio and will be setup at
Southland Lanes
Middleburg Heights, OH

Stop down and try it out

#227 1 year ago

im in , i just sent my deposit on a CE.

#228 1 year ago

what is "Exclusive Playfield Artwork with Sparkle Accents" on the CE? ( i asked elsewhere but forgot what thread)

#229 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

what is "Exclusive Playfield Artwork with Sparkle Accents" on the CE? ( i asked elsewhere but forgot what thread)

Sparkle accents is like a glitter mixed in the paint. Same was done with GnR Ce.

#230 1 year ago

i just watched the full 27 min featurette ( with Pat and those other guys ) there was a lot of good stuff in there and some great action. im am really pleased with my decision to pull the trigger and am excited for my CE, it will be a big hit in my home.

4 weeks later
#231 1 year ago

Game is stunning to walk up to, but after that, you then can start to feel and see cost cutting. Game feels 10x less quality than Wonka. 2- TS-4 were side x side at my Distributor, one already had a flipper out of adjustment. Game is fun for a few plays, played Mando/Deadpool Premium’s right after TS-4, just no comparison with flipper feel, speed. Sterns shoot fast!!! Fast Cars/Fast Women/Fast Pinball Machines!!!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

10,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-owners-clubgt-to-infinity-and-beyond/page/5?hl=dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.