(Topic ID: 316923)

Toy Story 4 Hype Thread To Infinity And Beyond!

By AMSNL

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 231 posts
  • 120 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MJK-911
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

keep-oranje-and-hup-hup-holland.png
9C90038D-6D73-4381-AA94-CDA0ED3E2C1C (resized).jpeg
12B3B836-E0E1-4885-AA6B-2813977DD4AF (resized).jpeg
F0BDDD15-CA1B-4F5A-99C9-4F0F0A7CE182 (resized).jpeg
8C76311A-6CCB-4777-8C2A-D6674FA957F4 (resized).png
644B1ADD-77AF-44C4-99D7-37FA228EB0FE (resized).jpeg
fennel cakes (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 12.05.54 PM (resized).png
WorstOwnersClub (resized).jpg
96C226B0-3FE4-4D31-99C4-6CE397504826 (resized).jpeg
6DD3C3F8-643C-41D5-86EF-66C9F238EE8C (resized).jpeg
9A69110F-07CE-4110-9D3F-37034A5B81CA (resized).jpeg
263AC1E7-3360-42D7-95BD-C903F170B7C8 (resized).jpeg
5B44C2F3-1E02-432F-8F37-50428EF3D0BF (resized).jpeg
21BF2CDA-3B0B-414E-85C1-F971CAEE8D8E (resized).jpeg
F14398DE-8EE6-4471-851B-6BC6CCF83889 (resized).jpeg
There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Is it me or should the art package and trim have been flipped for the LE and CE?

Couldn’t agree with you more as a CE buyer. They messed it up.

#152 1 year ago

You want a CE (just because it should be special), but you know that an LE with an Elite Topper would be the CE everyone wants.

#153 1 year ago

I really enjoyed the SDTM Video, it really highlighted some of the features that weren't initially evident. I was fortunate enough to acquire a CE. If you can call spending $15,000 for a game fortunate. Other words like insane might be more accurate. However, although I would have preferred the earlier Toy Stories and a few more of the original characters, it appears to be well executed. The fact they have call outs from Tim Allen and Annie Potts and a very close facsimile in Tom Hank's bother along with the video and music from the movie make the IP on this pin very solid. I understand its not a pin for everyone, but for someone who's guests tend to just enjoy flailing around and watching the lights and videos, I think that this will be a favorite. This will be my first JJP. I am hoping the playfield issues are a think of the past.

#154 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

You want a CE (just because it should be special), but you know that an LE with an Elite Topper would be the CE everyone wants.

Yeah no I definitely don't want anything from Elite Toppers. Whatever topper JJP releases later on for us LE owners will probably be fine. Will it be as cool as the fibre optic Duke Kaboom CE one? Probably not, but if it's reasonably priced like the Wonka and GnR toppers I'll be all for it.

#155 1 year ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

Yeah no I definitely don't want anything from Elite Toppers. Whatever topper JJP releases later on for us LE owners will probably be fine. Will it be as cool as the fibre optic Duke Kaboom CE one? Probably not, but if it's reasonably priced like the Wonka and GnR toppers I'll be all for it.

I agree. This is a very cool topper included on the CE. Much better than Wonka CE.

#156 1 year ago

And I don’t see them pulling a cgc and offering duke kaboon topper as an LE + model. Haha

#157 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

You're going to be very happy. I can't freakin wait to get mine.

Great mini-documentary on this intriguing new title! Thank you for introducing us to the team that built this. My kids are going to love it! (And me, to be honest)

#158 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Going to be the most woke pinball ever made especially with Disney behind it!

Wait till you see the movie and you will understand why I mentioned this .

#159 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

What OP is paying $12k for it? They need to charge $5.00 for 3 games or $2.50 a game. At these prices the coin slots need to be removed in favor of dollar bill acceptors.
We are recession bound and $12k for a pinball is insane. Stern will see this and Venom will be $9500 for a premium and the LE $11,500.

Then hopefully their sales go in the toilet. I hope they do not raise prices, as this is already a expensive hobby. We have not even seen the worst yet. Buckle-up

#160 1 year ago

Wait till you see the movie and you will understand why I mentioned this .

I’m really curious - what makes Toy Story 4 “woke”? I don’t like TS4, but mostly because it was boring & Forky was annoying. But woke? Did Buzz go to a BLM rally? Did Rex change his pronouns? Did Woody vote for Bernie? What super secret leftist message did I miss in TS4?

#161 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Hell, even distributors are already hawking them. Operation pinball In Iowa. BS move if you ask me
[quoted image]

Why would this game be any different from any other recent title. flip city.

#162 1 year ago

Going to be the most woke pinball ever made especially with Disney behind it!

Imagine being offended about two girls kissing. Hope your life gets better, buddy.

#163 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’m really curious - what makes Toy Story 4 “woke”? I don’t like TS4, but mostly because it was boring & Forky was annoying. But woke? Did Buzz go to a BLM rally? Did Rex change his pronouns? Did Woody vote for Bernie? What super secret leftist message did I miss in TS4?

yea Ive seen the movie and dont get it either... But then again go visit the disney parks thread and wow youll see a bunch of whiners.

#164 1 year ago

Watching the featurette video for the 5th time im really starting to love this game!
Smiling from ear to ear watching the video now ! Just seems really fun.

#165 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Watching the featurette video for the 5th time im really starting to love this game!

Great but the goal of the video is to get you to BUY one!
Watch it again - report back!

#166 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Just seems really fun.

I'm seeing this comment a lot but some really fun pins can be had in the $2.5-5k range also. For 12k+, most people expect better assets, toys and art.

#167 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I'm seeing this comment a lot but some really fun pins can be had in the $2.5-5k range also. For 12k+, most people expect better assets, toys and art.

And expect WAY more for a $15k pin. I was hoping it would be good, but no amount of self convincing would make me believe I made a good purchase. EHOH still is staying put.

#168 1 year ago

Oooof pinside hive mind is strong with this one! In 1-2 years this will be a top 25 game along with Wonka and worth 20% over MSRP on the CE. It looks brilliant - simply brilliant

#169 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Great but the goal of the video is to get you to BUY one!
Watch it again - report back!

I purchased the CE,i let pinsider negatively creep into my head.
Watched the video to make sure I made the right choice.
After watching the video with friends & family of all ages based on their excitement for this game,I’m %1000 positive I made the right choice.All they see is Toy Story theme they could care less that it’s TS4.
Delivery can’t come fast enough at this point.
Also I’ve bought and sold enough pins to know I’m not going to ever lose a penny on this.

#170 1 year ago

Here is my first 9 minutes on the first Toy Story 4 on location!

#171 1 year ago

I don't know, doesn't seem like you are impressed. I really want to like this machine, but it should have been called CARNiVAL (added more toys) and forget the Disney license. The iPad just doesn't fit, that is all I can keep looking at.

#172 1 year ago

Can we keep this thread to people who are actually excited about the game and keep the negativity to the other thread? The game looks like a lot of fun and I'm tired of every page being filled with people complaining.

I've seen a few people on Facebook who have played it today - anyone wanna post first impressions here?

#174 1 year ago

Agree, let's hear first impressions from people who have played it =)

#175 1 year ago

For people who want to mod it more, besides the ones already on the playfield there is more to be added

12B3B836-E0E1-4885-AA6B-2813977DD4AF (resized).jpeg12B3B836-E0E1-4885-AA6B-2813977DD4AF (resized).jpeg9C90038D-6D73-4381-AA94-CDA0ED3E2C1C (resized).jpeg9C90038D-6D73-4381-AA94-CDA0ED3E2C1C (resized).jpegF0BDDD15-CA1B-4F5A-99C9-4F0F0A7CE182 (resized).jpegF0BDDD15-CA1B-4F5A-99C9-4F0F0A7CE182 (resized).jpeg
#176 1 year ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

For people who want to mod it more, besides the ones already on the playfield there is more to be added [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Walmart had a sale on cake toppers?

#177 1 year ago

Im from the Netherlands we have no Walmart .

And they also used them for Christmas ornaments . That’s the whole line.

Anything else you like to ask?

#178 1 year ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Anything else you like to ask?

Ooh! Ooh! I do! (Raises hand.)

Is it Holland, or the Netherlands? And why do they call you Dutch and not Hollandish or Netherlandish?

And why is your flag red, white, and blue but your Olympic dudes wear orange?

And isn't it uncomfortable wearing those wooden shoes everywhere all day?

Your country is very confusing.

#179 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Ooh! Ooh! I do! (Raises hand.)
Is it Holland, or the Netherlands? And why do they call you Dutch and not Hollandish or Netherlandish?
And why is your flag red, white, and blue but your Olympic dudes wear orange?
And isn't it uncomfortable wearing those wooden shoes everywhere all day?
Your country is very confusing.

Hahaha! You just made my day!

Yeah it’s a verry confusing country,where some answers I don’t even know.

The wooden shoes they used centuries ago to keep your feet safe from the horses and to work with . Nobody use that shit no more, expect maybe a few farmers and hookers

rest you can find here I think

https://dutchreview.com/culture/history/difference-between-holland-and-the-netherlands-2/

have a good day!

#181 1 year ago

Do you know how they invented copper wire?

Two Dutchmen fighting over a penny.

(My father was born in Gerwen.)

keep-oranje-and-hup-hup-holland.pngkeep-oranje-and-hup-hup-holland.png

#182 1 year ago

Just no comparison between Godzilla and this Carnival wonder land. I watched Jack Dangerously play it, it was worst than watching paint dry!!!

#183 1 year ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

For people who want to mod it more, besides the ones already on the playfield there is more to be added [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love it!! Where did you find these? Love the ones of Benson!

#184 1 year ago
Quoted from BexAnn:

Love it!! Where did you find these? Love the ones of Benson!

You can find those on eBay, they where used as cake toppers and ornaments for Christmas trees.

Just search for toy story benson ornament and you find all characters

#185 1 year ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

You can find those on eBay, they where used as cake toppers and ornaments for Christmas trees.
Just search for toy story benson ornament and you find all characters

Awesome!! Thanks!

#186 1 year ago

Would love to see more then 4 players at a time on this one really don’t want to leave out anyone that first time playing with a larger group.
Also for the kids let them select a character to represent there player ID.

#187 1 year ago

Negativity to other thread.. This is Pinside not Disneyworld.

I might get a chance to play this game tonight. Even though I won't buy it I'm more than happy to play it.

#188 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Just no comparison between Godzilla and this Carnival wonder land. I watched Jack Dangerously play it, it was worst than watching paint dry!!!

Jack's in a tough spot now...if he shows any critique or anything, that's not a good look as a Stern employee. On the other hand, pretending to like it "cuz pinball yay!", is also a bit of a weird spot to be in. Oh well - it's nice that he's showing gameplay footage.

#189 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Oooof pinside hive mind is strong with this one! In 1-2 years this will be a top 25 game along with Wonka and worth 20% over MSRP on the CE. It looks brilliant - simply brilliant

I'm thinking the same thing. Fans are always unhappy with JJP games but somehow they become the greatest games ever after dust settles. Nobody bought POTC because features were removed and was too expensive. Years later it's the best thing ever and trading for $$$$$. DI was roundly mocked at launch but considered solid game now. Wonka had a lot of criticism about price/features but seemed to be heavy in demand once production was stopping. GNR had a ton of issues but still sold extremely well. I wouldn't go so far as calling TS4 brilliant (cake toppers lol) but pretty sure it will find its way into a lot of pinsider's collections.

#190 1 year ago

NEW SDTM: Toy Story 4 Pinball First Impressions!

#191 1 year ago

I think JJP prices are held up more by supply scarcity than by demand. They don't make nearly as many copies as Stern does. For Stern titles where the supply was limited, those command tons of cash too, notably Elvira HOH of course.

#192 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW SDTM: Toy Story 4 Pinball First Impressions!

Each time I watch the videos that these guys guys make, they lose more and more credibility in my eyes.

Are they on JJP's payroll?

#193 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Each time I watch the videos that these guys guys make, they lose more and more credibility in my eyes.

Would it have worked for you if we hated it?

#194 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Would it have worked for you if we hated it?

Zach,
In the early days, JJP stood for innovation, and introducing modern technology to pinball. Playfields that were loaded with "toys". The closest you came to critiquing TS4 was when you stated that the spot targets should have been drop targets. I couldn't agree more. Other than that, you guys talk like this machine is the best thing since sliced bread.

JJP has gone in an entirely different direction. It's all about about profit, now that the bean counters took over. I remember Jack saying after the WOZ release, that everything after WOZ would be greater. To me, I see JJP going in the opposite direction. You can only do so much with software.

That's my 2 cents.

I guess I can only take comfort in owning my WOZECLE & POTCLE. It looks to me, that those days will never return.

#195 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I think it's fair to question, but I'll reserve judgment until their final "official" review video. I'd be pretty pumped too had I just been one of the first people to ever play a brand new game. Now if there are A+'s for Toys and Innovation a few months from now, then yeah they have lost their marbles haha.

#196 1 year ago

Be cool if in attract mode instead of jukebox mode it played the whole movie.

#197 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Zach,
In the early days, JJP stood for innovation, and introducing modern technology to pinball. Playfields that were loaded with "toys". The closest you came to critiquing TS4 was when you stated that the spot targets should have been drop targets. I couldn't agree more. Other than that, you guys talk like this machine is the best thing since sliced bread.
JJP has gone in an entirely different direction. It's all about about profit, now that the bean counters took over. I remember Jack saying after the WOZ release, that everything after WOZ would be greater. To me, I see JJP going in the opposite direction. You can only do so much with software.
That's my 2 cents.
I guess I can only take comfort in owning my WOZECLE & POTCLE. It looks to me, that those days will never return.

So I didn’t say I disliked the sneeze guard? I didn’t say I could do without the wheel? I didn’t say that the fourth film was certainly not as preferred as the first or all of them? I didn’t say that I didn’t like so many pops?

I’m fine with criticism, but at least be honest while you’re dragging me around. The irony of you accusing me of being selective with my impressions while actually being selective at least makes me smile.

#198 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

So I didn’t say I disliked the sneeze guard? I didn’t say I could do without the wheel? I didn’t say that the fourth film was certainly not as preferred as the first or all of them? I didn’t say that I didn’t like so many pops?
I’m fine with criticism, but at least be honest while you’re dragging me around. The irony of you accusing me of being selective with my impressions while actually being selective at least makes me smile.

Zach I enjoy your vids very much. I don't base my pinball buying decisions on your vids, they're just entertaining and I've learned a lot about different tables (thanks for that)

My only honest gripe with your TS4 first impressions vid is that you guys (unless I totally missed it) completely glossed over the big tablet. It's such a large chunk of the playfield that doesn't connect me to Toy Story in any way. The TV in Wonka makes total sense (Mike Teavee) but this 10" tablet feels like a huge waste of space that could have been populated with some super cool interactive toy. Curious what you guys thought of that aspect of the game.

#199 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Get defensive Zach...

Not once did you say that TS4 lacked playfield mechanisms that we've grown accustomed to when it comes to JJP pins. Face it, TS4 is just a scaled down, cheaper version of NGG 2.0.

Pat Lawlor is, by far, my favorite pin designer...I have 5 of his titles in my collection...I love them all. IMO this title should be priced at $8.5k tops. $12k for an an LE is a total joke. You know it...we all know it.

JJP is all about shoving a bunch of RGB lights into a box and calling it a day. I'll give them credit when it comes to artwork, but Mirco is still making their playfields. Everyone knows what that means. JJP is NOTHING like what they say they were to become. That makes me sad.

On the plus side...JJP made Stern up their game.

When it comes to quality these days, CGC gets my money. They are focused on selling a quality product. I'm glad they have Butch Peel & LTG on board. That, to me, show's a LOT of promise.

#200 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Zach,
That's my 2 cents.

WHODEY would be laughing his ass of at this game. He’d want me to post this. Rock on Whodey.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrysville, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Royersford, PA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-owners-clubgt-to-infinity-and-beyond/page/4?hl=moat-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.