(Topic ID: 316923)

Toy Story 4 Hype Thread To Infinity And Beyond!

By AMSNL

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 231 posts
  • 120 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MJK-911
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

keep-oranje-and-hup-hup-holland.png
9C90038D-6D73-4381-AA94-CDA0ED3E2C1C (resized).jpeg
12B3B836-E0E1-4885-AA6B-2813977DD4AF (resized).jpeg
F0BDDD15-CA1B-4F5A-99C9-4F0F0A7CE182 (resized).jpeg
8C76311A-6CCB-4777-8C2A-D6674FA957F4 (resized).png
644B1ADD-77AF-44C4-99D7-37FA228EB0FE (resized).jpeg
fennel cakes (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 12.05.54 PM (resized).png
WorstOwnersClub (resized).jpg
96C226B0-3FE4-4D31-99C4-6CE397504826 (resized).jpeg
6DD3C3F8-643C-41D5-86EF-66C9F238EE8C (resized).jpeg
9A69110F-07CE-4110-9D3F-37034A5B81CA (resized).jpeg
263AC1E7-3360-42D7-95BD-C903F170B7C8 (resized).jpeg
5B44C2F3-1E02-432F-8F37-50428EF3D0BF (resized).jpeg
21BF2CDA-3B0B-414E-85C1-F971CAEE8D8E (resized).jpeg
F14398DE-8EE6-4471-851B-6BC6CCF83889 (resized).jpeg

There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 1 year ago

Let me preface this by saying I've never owned a JJP game and never thought I would. I'm definitely no fanboy of JJP. I also haven't seen TS4 and barely paid attention while watching TS3. I'm not a Toy Story fanboy either (though I do love the first movie).

Having said that, I'm looking forward to getting a chance to play this. The few other JJP games I've tried have left me cold. I know it's generally a selling point for JJP games to be "packed" but I've found them to be too busy. This doesn't look that way at all. It looks like it might be a fun game to shoot. The less-packed Stern games are fun for a reason--you need a balance. Given his career, I'm sure Lawlor knows this as well as anyone.

Speaking of Lawlor, I think I like that he designed the game to be approachable and for average and even below-average players. We'll see how it works, but his claim that such players should even be able to make it to the wizard mode definitely got my attention. As an average to below-average player, that sounds great to me. Of course, like with the toys there has to be a balance. I'm sure it would get boring if it were toooooo easy. I'm curious to find out if Lawlor could strike the balance. Of all designers out there, I think he has one of the better chances of pulling it off.

And it looks like they got all of the assets/IP from the movie (including the voices). Yes, it's not TS1, 2 or 3 but being focused on one movie (probably the only one they were permitted to license) might work out in terms of theme integration. I'm not feeling as disappointed about this as I thought I would.

Still, $12,000 is a lot. Heck, the $9,000 that Stern charges for LEs is a lot too, but this is 33% more expensive and $3,000 is meaningful. I can't wait to see if it's actually worth it.

#102 1 year ago

I'd give it a shot on location. Just looking at my complaint would be the art does nothing for me, looks like my least favorite kind of pinball art where characters from some property are plastered onto the playfield in generic poses. Also in agreement Toy Story 4 specifically is a weird choice, don't really see the point in tying into a specific movie that doesn't have the same nostalgia factor as the franchise as a whole, especially the first and second ones.

#103 1 year ago
Quoted from kbenson13:

Let me preface this by saying I've never owned a JJP game and never thought I would. I'm definitely no fanboy of JJP. I also haven't seen TS4 and barely paid attention while watching TS3. I'm not a Toy Story fanboy either (though I do love the first movie).
Having said that, I'm looking forward to getting a chance to play this. The few other JJP games I've tried have left me cold. I know it's generally a selling point for JJP games to be "packed" but I've found them to be too busy. This doesn't look that way at all. It looks like it might be a fun game to shoot. The less-packed Stern games are fun for a reason--you need a balance. Given his career, I'm sure Lawlor knows this as well as anyone.
Speaking of Lawlor, I think I like that he designed the game to be approachable and for average and even below-average players. We'll see how it works, but his claim that such players should even be able to make it to the wizard mode definitely got my attention. As an average to below-average player, that sounds great to me. Of course, like with the toys there has to be a balance. I'm sure it would get boring if it were toooooo easy. I'm curious to find out if Lawlor could strike the balance. Of all designers out there, I think he has one of the better chances of pulling it off.
And it looks like they got all of the assets/IP from the movie (including the voices). Yes, it's not TS1, 2 or 3 but being focused on one movie (probably the only one they were permitted to license) might work out in terms of theme integration. I'm not feeling as disappointed about this as I thought I would.
Still, $12,000 is a lot. Heck, the $9,000 that Stern charges for LEs is a lot too, but this is 33% more expensive and $3,000 is meaningful. I can't wait to see if it's actually worth it.

Stern now charges $9k for premiums and $11k for LE's.

#104 1 year ago

Is it me or should the art package and trim have been flipped for the LE and CE?

#105 1 year ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

Is this an inside joke in the movie or hilarious typo?[quoted image]

I don't believe it is a typo because those images on either side of the spelling is what fennel looks like.

#106 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

2500-3k more is a lot. Most people got g@r for 9500...

Ditto I just got my GNRLe for 9500, LOV for 8400 and Halloween CE for 9k, if we go further back, JPP for 7500, Wonka SE for 7500...Now they want 12.5k for this POS??

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Ditto I just got my GNRLe for 9500, LOV for 8400 and Halloween CE for 9k, if we go further back, JPP for 7500, Wonka SE for 7500...Now they want 12.5k for this POS??

I totally agree. A CE for 15K? I don’t even want to look at it. The sharks bought all of them already. They will be listed on Pinside for 20K , soon. What has happened to our hobby?

#108 1 year ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I totally agree. A CE for 15K? I don’t even want to look at it. The sharks bought all of them already. They will be listed on Pinside for 20K , soon. What has happened to our hobby?

Hopefully this one bites them like Halloween/ultraman did... we need some losers to make them think twice.

#109 1 year ago

This game is nowhere near halloween/ultraman given the already detailed rulesheet and JJPs history of solid code at launch - this is a winner for JJP

#110 1 year ago

Meh theme for me. Kinda Meh looking design. Not sure I love the giant screen with games but maybe it is fun.

Way too expensive...would rather get a Lebowski if going to spend above 10K on a pin.

Going to buy a Dialed In! used if wanting to add a JJP to the collection.

#111 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

I don't believe it is a typo because those images on either side of the spelling is what fennel looks like.

mostater Good eye! I didn't even notice the fennel bulbs, must be some joke in the film.

Fennel cakes sound quite disgusting compared to funnel cakes!

#112 1 year ago

So the bottom model is 12000 instead of 8000 before? They can call it whatever they want but it's the bottom model. What's next? Call the bottom model Collectors Edition and have a higher Special Reserve model?

#113 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

So the bottom model is 12000 instead of 8000 before? They can call it whatever they want but it's the bottom model. What's next? Call the bottom model Collectors Edition and have a higher Special Reserve model?

I don;t know if they've totally eliminated the Standard going forward; mybe just this title like Stern's kapow bullshit models or whatever.

#114 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Is it me or should the art package and trim have been flipped for the LE and CE?

This was the biggest 'HUH?' from me. Even without having missed the boat on a CE the art package on the LE focusing more on Woody and Buzz is the absolutely the better choice.

#115 1 year ago

I’m amazed people are still supporting this company after everything.

Game looks fun will definitely put some quarters in one. I’d have one in order if it wasn’t for their customer support.

#116 1 year ago

And it starts. How about 21k now and you get fucking Forky.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/137266

#117 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

And it starts. How about 21k now and you get fucking Forky.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/137266

Started before that even

#118 1 year ago

Some unedited gameplay:

Looks fun to shoot to me! Although that bopeep loop from the 3rd flipper seems too easy and looks like no other options from that 3rd flipper.

The Kaboom ramp combo looks fun.

#119 1 year ago

Looks like shit, but that doesn't really matter to me. Every game you play enough will turn into a whitewood. As long as it's fun to shoot, I'm happy. Otoh - never bought NIB and never will.

#120 1 year ago

I already got to the Wizard Mode!! Happily Out

#121 1 year ago

I'm really curious if many LE's were ordered today.

#122 1 year ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

mostater Good eye! I didn't even notice the fennel bulbs, must be some joke in the film.
Fennel cakes sound quite disgusting compared to funnel cakes!

If you pay me, me and my little dog (OTTO) will probably fennel your bulb cakes.

#123 1 year ago

Is it just me or is this game very much like No Good Gofers? You have a spinning wheel, a head that pops up out of the playfield, a side flipper in the same spot and a jump ramp?

#124 1 year ago

Game looks great to me. Wife and I just finished watching the latest gameplay video from JJP. Luckily I got in on a CE earlier today and beyond excited!

I respect everyone's opinion, but I honestly don't see how this is a bad machine at all. Watch the STDM video where they interview Pat & the JJP cast, there is a lot in this machine. Yes, it does have Wonka & GNR vibes, but if you don't own either of those machines, this machine looks better than both of those machines.

I know the large video display on the playfield isn't for everyone, but honestly, I like that JJP is stretching the boundaries of what "pinball" is for a broader crowd. It's pretty cool how they have mini games on that screen and the EM Tiki virtual pinball machine Pixar had in the movie (which wasn't a real pinball machine until now =)). The physical pinball machine reacts to what you do on the virtual pinball screen, thus making it feel more realistic. Just a lot of cool things.

#125 1 year ago
Quoted from sepins:

I'm really curious if many LE's were ordered today.

There's no need to hurry and order a le as they will b made for a while . I'm guessing this was not the slam dunk they were thinking it wld be after how crazy everyone went ordering g@r the first day/week.

#126 1 year ago

I am sure it is very easy to get an LE, but who wants one. This is an operators dream theme since children will love it, but will probably have to buy 5 to keep them up and running.

#127 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Is it just me or is this game very much like No Good Gofers? You have a spinning wheel, a head that pops up out of the playfield, a side flipper in the same spot and a jump ramp?

Very similar stuff

#128 1 year ago

The gameplay video was solid, the call-outs, code, and shots look great but they ain’t 12k great

#129 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Political comment to start off an owner’s thread?

Safe space needed.

#130 1 year ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

This game is a joke! Way over hyped! What a let down. At $15k, CE Buyers prepare to lose money…….

It’s poop. No Good Gofers rerun.

#131 1 year ago
Quoted from clearstar:

Game looks great to me. Wife and I just finished watching the latest gameplay video from JJP. Luckily I got in on a CE earlier today and beyond excited!
I respect everyone's opinion, but I honestly don't see how this is a bad machine at all. Watch the STDM video where they interview Pat & the JJP cast, there is a lot in this machine. Yes, it does have Wonka & GNR vibes, but if you don't own either of those machines, this machine looks better than either of those machines.
I know the large video display on the playfield isn't for everyone, but honestly, I like that JJP is stretching the boundaries of what "pinball" is for a broader crowd. It's pretty cool how they have mini game on that screen and the EM virtual pinball machine. The physical pinball machine reacts to what you do on the virtual pinball screen, thus making it feel more realistic. Just a lot of cool things. I think folks will be shocked if I'm betting on it.

Again it's not that's it bad . It will be fun and shoot well . It's just a letdown with them using ts4 and recycled stuff and nothing really new. Add to that it's 12k+ for the cheapest model and this is the reason for all the comments.... imagine what it cld/sld of been after so long of a wait.

#132 1 year ago
Quoted from clearstar:

I respect everyone's opinion, but I honestly don't see how this is a bad machine at all. Watch the STDM video where they interview Pat & the JJP cast, there is a lot in this machine. Yes, it does have Wonka & GNR vibes, but if you don't own either of those machines, this machine looks better than both of those machines.
I know the large video display on the playfield isn't for everyone, but honestly, I like that JJP is stretching the boundaries of what "pinball" is for a broader crowd. It's pretty cool how they have mini game on that screen and the EM virtual pinball machine. The physical pinball machine reacts to what you do on the virtual pinball screen, thus making it feel more realistic. Just a lot of cool things. I think folks will be shocked if I'm betting on it.

Interesting You sold all Your JJP games and bought this???

#133 1 year ago

Are they using Mirco?

#134 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Wonder if they even tried to ask TimAllen and Tom Hanks to do custom call outs ? Why Ghostbusters is a keeper!!!

Tom Hank’s brother does all his call outs for any Toy Story licence. No way is Tom hanks doing call outs.

#135 1 year ago

I really don’t want this thing. Reminds me of a redemption machine. Showed my kids (4 and 7) and they want it. Just back from Disney - I’m sure that didn’t help. So can’t wait to get at CE with a pooling playfield and no offer to correct once I notify them! Haha. Wait why am I laughing at that.

#136 1 year ago

I’m stoked they used Tim Allen as Buzz. Bummer it’s TS4 themed as I like most am a fan of the original movie. All in all this looks more fun than GnR to me but for the price definitely wouldn’t jump on it unless I was a diehard fan.

#137 1 year ago

Hello,

644B1ADD-77AF-44C4-99D7-37FA228EB0FE (resized).jpeg644B1ADD-77AF-44C4-99D7-37FA228EB0FE (resized).jpeg
#138 1 year ago

TS4!

Ok I won't be a dick about this.

I'm curious to see how much it kills on location. Most humans love Disney.

#139 1 year ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

TS4!
Ok I won't be a dick about this.
I'm curious to see how much it kills on location. Most humans love Disney.

What OP is paying $12k for it? They need to charge $5.00 for 3 games or $2.50 a game. At these prices the coin slots need to be removed in favor of dollar bill acceptors.

We are recession bound and $12k for a pinball is insane. Stern will see this and Venom will be $9500 for a premium and the LE $11,500.

#140 1 year ago

Has it been said who’s producing the playfields?

#141 1 year ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Hell, even distributors are already hawking them. Operation pinball In Iowa. BS move if you ask me

8C76311A-6CCB-4777-8C2A-D6674FA957F4 (resized).png8C76311A-6CCB-4777-8C2A-D6674FA957F4 (resized).png
#142 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

What OP is paying $12k for it? They need to charge $5.00 for 3 games or $2.50 a game. At these prices the coin slots need to be removed in favor of dollar bill acceptors.
We are recession bound and $12k for a pinball is insane. Stern will see this and Venom will be $9500 for a premium and the LE $11,500.

Well for the OPs that do buy it, I hope they're close to where Im at. Despite all the pricing and theme drama, it's a new Pat Lawlor game, so as a location player i'm excited.

And I hope you're right about Venom, but they must go with the classic line up from the early 80s.

#143 1 year ago

Thank God for Rick and Morty!!!

#144 1 year ago

Got my reservation in! CE I’m also not a fan of some past JJP, but I’m always willing to roll the dice. I’d like to get one thing off my chest though. This is a hobby, and I’m sick and tired of all these clippers trying to price gouge! There’s one asshole “thirdflipper” who is trying to get 6k for his ce spot. I’m sure I’ll get a lot of grief from some of you, but I could give two s’s so don’t waste your data. I had several pinsiders offer me there extra spot for nothing, and that’s why I love this community. I paid MSRP and so should you. Have a great evening folks and look forward to discussing this game in the future.

#145 1 year ago

anyone else notice the flippers look WAY more powerful/responsive than on any previous Jersey Jack? Someone had mentioned this before, but I wonder if a fix is coming to their other games to fix that?

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Hell, even distributors are already hawking them. Operation pinball In Iowa. BS move if you ask me
[quoted image]

That's nothing gameroom goodies in Arizona has it for $24,500

#147 1 year ago

What a frickin joke. TS4 is by far the worst of the franchise and they base the game off that one. Why not have all 4 movies? Disney/Pixar wouldn’t let them or the license was too expensive I guess. Seems like a wasted license to me and probably could have sold twice as many if they had the original film or used all 4. Was never in to begin with, but I look at this game and laugh, not only at the theme but the ridiculous price they are wanting too. I’ll play it on location and hopefully it is fun.

#148 1 year ago
Quoted from Linkboy74:

Man, what happened to them... I've bought some stuff from them in the past and they were always msrp.

#149 1 year ago
Quoted from themegabuck:

anyone else notice the flippers look WAY more powerful/responsive than on any previous Jersey Jack? Someone had mentioned this before, but I wonder if a fix is coming to their other games to fix that?

Apparently there is a new driver board..

#150 1 year ago
Quoted from Linkboy74:

Ridiculous! Won’t be buying from them either then

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kennebunkport, ME
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Olive Township, NJ
There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-owners-clubgt-to-infinity-and-beyond/page/3?hl=theplumber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.