limbo.gif
59F784CF-C9AD-4D45-B1B6-66EC23585188 (resized).jpeg
giphy (14).gif
PXL_20230609_104627867.MP (resized).jpg
889D300D-CADF-4080-A838-DA61D50814B2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #274 BACKSTORY: David Thiel account of how he was pushed out of JJP Posted by daudioguy (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 622 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 13.
#1 1 year ago

I am not bashing the company or game, Just seem's like the price keep dropping and plenty of distributors with LE or CE'S for sale. I personally had alot of interest in the game before the reveal, mostly the pricing turned me off. Do we think JJP will ever lower the msrp on these game's to clear them out?

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I am not bashing the company or game, Just seem's like the price keep dropping and plenty of distributors with LE or CE'S for sale. I personally had alot of interest in the game before the reveal, mostly the pricing turned me off. Do we think JJP will ever lower the msrp on these game's to clear them out?

The distributors can lower it to sell them. They just can't advertise lower than a certain number provided by JJP.

#3 1 year ago

At least 9500, however gnr is hovering around 8500 so who knows.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

The distributors can lower it to sell them. They just can't advertise lower than a certain number provided by JJP.

Wow...I never knew this. I always thought they were contracted to sell for at least MSRP.

#5 1 year ago

I just learned this too. There is MSRP and then a min advertised price. This is why since the recent Stern price increase you see some machines at $9699 (MSRP) and some $9499 (min advertised).

#6 1 year ago

Price on TS4 will continues to drop, since there are virtually few buyers in the market place wanting in reality, a carnival themed toy-less machine. Should be able to pick one up between $7500 and $8500 as time goes by. The fact that JJP has on the line now machine #8, so soon after selling TS4 for such a short time, is proof sales are bad with prices tanking.

#7 1 year ago

I wonder if they stuck with the old pricing if they would have sold out of both variants. I probably would have picked up a CE at 12500.

#8 1 year ago

Shameless plug here but I have a nib Bond available for 9g.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Shameless plug here but I have a nib Bond available for 9g.

well that deescalated quickly

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

At least 9500, however gnr is hovering around 8500 so who knows.

DI I think is still under GNR, so there's a good track record.

GNR is 1k down and DI is around 1500 down?

#11 1 year ago

I know you said you don’t want to bash JJP or Toy Story 4 but that’s exactly what this thread is going to turn into lol.

Not even dealing with all of the usual Toy Story 4 haters this time and just draining the thread. They are coming, waste of time. Get ready for at least one of them to say the game is garbage and is worth half the price lol.

Also, Toy Story 4 is awesome Most played game at my last two pinball parties. CE is amazing. With that being said I traded a heavily modded Ghostbusters premium (no topper) for a NIB CE, I value both right around $13k so seemed fair.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You claim not to be bashing the company or game and yet create a thread like this? Wow lol.
Not even dealing with all of the usual Toy Story 4 haters this time and just draining the thread. Worthless.

Take a deep breath panzer. Gooooozfrabbaaaa.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

DI I think is still under GNR, so there's a good track record.
GNR is 1k down and DI is around 1500 down?

Guns n Roses LE from $11k new is now on average $2500 down ($1k down if bought at $9500 new). Used Dialed In LE’s are hovering around the same price, maybe more soon than GNR. Dialed In LE was $9k new so there’s that…

Why the big drop in GNR resale? Code, JJP needs to desperately add much more code to GNR and yet there hasn’t been a single public code update for the game in over a year. I own both and find Toy Story 4 to have the deeper, more enjoyable, and more objective based ruleset at the moment.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Not even dealing with all of the usual Toy Story 4 haters this time and just draining the thread.

okay...

(15 min later)

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Guns n Roses LE from $11k new is now on average $2500 down ($1k down if bought at $9500 new).

Having trouble finding the drain button?

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Guns n Roses LE from $11k new is now on average $2500 down ($1k down if bought at $9500 new). Used Dialed In LE’s are hovering around the same price, maybe more soon than GNR. Dialed In LE was $9k new so there’s that…
Why the big drop in GNR resale? Code, JJP needs to desperately add much more code to GNR and yet there hasn’t been a single public code update for the game in over a year. I own both and find Toy Story 4 to have the deeper, more enjoyable, and more objective based ruleset at the moment.

DI SE been 1500 down for a long time unless they are rising as off late?

#16 1 year ago

Saw a home use only GNR LE with mods for $7999, so it will be heading that direction

And yes- I own Toy Story, my kids really enjoy it

#17 1 year ago

GNR-LE NIB shipped to my door- $9500, any JJP for under $10k is a great buy. My Wonka LE is incredible in a dark room, fantastic pinball machine that is extremely challenging. Every one of my Sterns have issues NIB, Especially Rush, Node -10 Failure that nobody has an answer for!!! Sucks we didn’t get Toy Story 1

#18 1 year ago

You have MSRP - Suggested Price. MAP - Minimum Advertised Price. Then you have RWP - REAL WORLD PRICE. Which is shit when you try to place a video game in a pinball machine. I’ll never understand Lawlor’s recent fascination with LCD screens on the playfield. WE WANT PHYSICAL SHIT NOT VIRTUAL SHIT. Thank you very much

#19 1 year ago

One thing that may keep TS4 up is that it will be a relatively small run (especially compared to GNR).

I have also heard that it does well on location.

IMO - we are probably already near the bottom. I think it stays in the same price range as Wonka... and perhaps even a bit above (since it will be a smaller run and more recognizable theme).

#20 1 year ago

The price will go as low it takes to get them sold. Now the real question is how much of a hair cut on price 1k 2500,3k.etc or half price. Is it a theme issue? Just for younger people that have kids of there own where the price has cut out the buyers. Maybe in 10 years still may be new in box still sitting just waiting.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

probably would have picked up a CE at 12500.

Well I think you’re in luck!

#22 1 year ago

Here in Europe, toy story ce price is around €18.600,- / le €14.600,- (19% vat included). Both versions are in stock at the big retailers.

Haven’t seen big discounts on new pinball machines in the past, can’t imagine that this will happen with ts4. No idea how many came overseas, but not a lot are comming for sale on the secondairy market.

Would love to have one in my collection, hope for a ce for around €14.000,-. Who knows maybe that is possible afteral

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I personally had alot of interest in the game before the reveal, mostly the pricing turned me off.

So are you now interested picking one up at the lower prices on the secondary market?

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

So are you now interested picking one up at the lower prices on the secondary market?

Maybe...I played one and thought it was fun...I have owned all JJP game except Hobbit. I just didn't think the game was worth the asking price after seeing and playing it.

#25 1 year ago

The dollar has gotten so weak with all the stimulus money bs. Parts and labor went up. 4 pinball manufacturers in the Illinois. Good assembly line workers are making a good wage now I bet.

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I know you said you don’t want to bash JJP or Toy Story 4 but that’s exactly what this thread is going to turn into lol.
Not even dealing with all of the usual Toy Story 4 haters this time and just draining the thread. They are coming, waste of time. Get ready for at least one of them to say the game is garbage and is worth half the price lol.
Also, Toy Story 4 is awesome Most played game at my last two pinball parties. CE is amazing. With that being said I traded a heavily modded Ghostbusters premium (no topper) for a NIB CE, I value both right around $13k so seemed fair.

I second that brother. I love my Toy Story 4 CE and not ashamed to admit it!

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Price on TS4 will continues to drop, since there are virtually few buyers in the market place wanting in reality, a carnival themed toy-less machine. Should be able to pick one up between $7500 and $8500 as time goes by. The fact that JJP has on the line now machine #8, so soon after selling TS4 for such a short time, is proof sales are bad with prices tanking.

What do you mean by toy-less?

#28 1 year ago

Nufff said

Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 9.30.22 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-01-26 at 9.30.22 AM (resized).png
#29 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

What do you mean by toy-less?

Obviously it has toys but for $12K-15K people were expecting more or something unique.

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You are like the Beetleguise of Toy Story 4. Do you have an alert set to notify you immediately when there is a Toy Story 4 mention on Pinside?

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

You are like the Beetleguise of Toy Story 4. Do you have an alert set to notify you immediately when there is a Toy Story 4 mention on Pinside?

Hey now. No need to drag me into this.

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

the game is garbage and is worth half the price, lol.

#33 1 year ago
theitcrowd-mauricemoss (resized).pngtheitcrowd-mauricemoss (resized).png
3 weeks later
#34 1 year ago

I finally played this shit box of a pin. I had no idea it would be this bad.

Buy anything for $1500 before this clunker. The price on this will plummet, and yes I own Halloween...

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I finally played this shit box of a pin. I had no idea it would be this bad.
Buy anything for $1500 before this clunker. The price on this will plummet, and yes I own Halloween...

Oh come on. It may not be the best machine out there but $1500? I actually think it’s a ton of fun. I think it would have sold really well if it was priced more in line with Stern premiums.

#36 1 year ago

I‘m holding out for the standard edition without the tablet and without all the unnecessary leds.

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Oh come on. It may not be the best machine out there but $1500? I actually think it’s a ton of fun. I think it would have sold really well if it was priced more in line with Stern premiums.

Nope. Sorry this is a shit show of epic proportions and cannot be saved. What a bait and switch

JJP: we got Toy Story coming!!

Us: this aint the Toy Story we expected.

3 months later
#39 10 months ago

Since I'm looking for a LE NIB: The lowest prices I can find online for NIB are $12,000.

Since the distributor or dealer makes the selling price: Do you recommend to call a few and see what they offer?

It's my first NIB so I need some help here.

#40 10 months ago
Quoted from pbot:

Since I'm looking for a LE NIB: The lowest prices I can find online for NIB are $12,000.
Since the distributor or dealer makes the selling price: Do you recommend to call a few and see what they offer?
It's my first NIB so I need some help here.

Get on the horn or walk into a dealer if you have one close.

#42 10 months ago

Where? I haven’t seen anything near that.

#43 10 months ago

Call Automated and make them an offer.
I think you have a shot. They’re just collecting dust.

#44 10 months ago

My kids want one, and I played one at pintastic and felt it was just okay. Not a bad game, but two things happened.

One, JJP got real greedy. $12000 greedy, up $2000 from GNR was the biggest slap in the face to the consumers. Some guy with a big wallet wasn’t the only one that saved JJP, it was the collector market too.
And two, Pat Lawlor. This was a large kick to the ego and balls to have this flop the way it did.
You were responsible for putting a magnetized “thing” hand that grabs a ball, and put more toys in a TZ than a kids toy chest and put not one, but TWO puppet heads on a playfield, and that was the best layout you could come up with for $12,000?

You had an actual license with a PUPPET HEAD as a main character!? Now was the time!

Shrug. I’ll wait for the price to keep dropping.

#45 10 months ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

My kids want one, and I played one at pintastic and felt it was just okay. Not a bad game, but two things happened.
One, JJP got real greedy. $12000 greedy, up $2000 from GNR was the biggest slap in the face to the consumers. Some guy with a big wallet wasn’t the only one that saved JJP, it was the collector market too.
And two, Pat Lawlor. This was a large kick to the ego and balls to have this flop the way it did.
You were responsible for putting a magnetized “thing” hand that grabs a ball, and a put more toys in a TZ than a kids toy chest and put not one, but TWO puppet heads on a playfield, and that was the best layout you could come up with for $12,000?
You had an actual license with a PUPPET HEAD as a main character!? Now was the time!

There is a long list of games that are much better and much cheaper than Toy Story.

#46 10 months ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

You were responsible for putting a magnetized “thing” hand that grabs a ball, and a put more toys in a TZ than a kids toy chest and put not one, but TWO puppet heads on a playfield, and that was the best layout you could come up with for $12,000?

One of my orders 5 years ago. Look at the price of the flipper coil. The line threw the price is what it costs now and the blue is what I paid 5 years ago. So yours and everyone else's greed agreement is not valid. Government keeps printing too much money and making it weak

Screenshot_20230620_120257_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230620_120257_Chrome (resized).jpg
#47 10 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Nope. Sorry this is a shit show of epic proportions and cannot be saved. What a bait and switch

JJP: we got Toy Story coming!!
Us: this aint the Toy Story we expected.

Have to agree, really terrible and barren.
There are twice as much game in a bksor pro.
This is a nice looking cash grab.
I would consider it costing 6k in new condition.

Btw hobbit is jjp best game.

#48 10 months ago
Quoted from pbot:

No thanks. Would not purchase NIB at that price. As others have mentioned, shop/ call around and negotiate or wait and go lightly used second hand for much cheaper.

#49 10 months ago

I guess my taste is way different from others on Pinside. I have owned the game 11 months and enjoy and play it often.

Recent titles that have been produced are of no interest to me. I might also chime in my JJP games get the vast majority of my play. If I'm called a JJP fanboy fine with me. The $12,000 price tag was too high but you only live once and now I have the JJP PL trifecta. Pretty much done buying games. I like what I own and own more pins than I need.

Btw, recently saw 2 ads for the new Godfather LE in my area. $9,999. with 22 plays. and $9,998. with about 75 plays. Yikes

Cheers

#50 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Code, a million multiballs and boring modes (I guess thats actually covered under the code part, but its separate from the fact it needs more stuff added), and crappy flippers. Bad playfield run didn't help either. I still want a GNR, I hope the price keeps dropping or stays low.

TS4 because its Toy story 4, and the game is perceived to be easy/kids game/not a lot in it so not many people want it. I know I found it incredibly boring when I played it.

Feel bad for distros because its gotta be hard to sell the plethora of GNR's and TS4's they have since why would anyone want to buy a new one when used ones are plentiful and cheap. Like the games or not, theres plenty of owners ready to move on from them for (by todays standards) huge losses.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Linthicum Heights, MD
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Olive Township, NJ
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 622 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-how-low-can-it-go-?hl=mjk-911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.