20230721_224445.jpg
hysterical-laughter.gif
limbo.gif
59F784CF-C9AD-4D45-B1B6-66EC23585188 (resized).jpeg
giphy (14).gif
PXL_20230609_104627867.MP (resized).jpg
889D300D-CADF-4080-A838-DA61D50814B2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 622 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 13.
#351 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

It’s not trolling smart ass. I’ve done my research on many of these dealers and they sneak in costs and even play games with the non refundable deposits even though the games only need to be paid for when they are ready to ship. I’ve talked to a few people who said Zach is shady with some business and because of that I won’t buy from him. I have found my dealer I trust and many should also be carful with certain dealers.

Youre full of it. Been on here less than a year and got it figured all huh?

#352 7 months ago

I finally got a chance to play Toy Story and Godfather this past weekend. Toy Story was terrible, but Godfather was actually pretty good. I also played Godzilla for the first time and that was freakin awesome (no shocker there though right!)

Also, in my experience Zach and his pinball company have been great to work with.

#353 7 months ago
Quoted from Master_of_Trolls:

I might argue that not everyone is interested in playing tournaments or comparing their skills to the next guy. Some folks don't play pinball to be competitive but play it for no other reason than they just enjoy playing pinball. If they have no intention of being competitive or desire to compare their play against another player, what is wrong with them changing settings to suit their personal tastes?

I have to wonder: If you come across a pin that you don't enjoy playing because the default settings just make the game less enjoyable for you (JJP pin or otherwise), would you simply decide that you never want to play that pin again or have it in your collection? Or, would you be open to making a few settings adjustments (whatever they may be) to make playing the pin more fun for you?
I'm not saying that either approach (1. Either I like the game as it was intended, with factory settings, or I don't like the game. or .... 2. I'm willing to tweak some settings on the pin to make it more approachable and more to my personal liking) is inherently wrong. Opinions are very personal and not inherently right or wrong; they are just opinions.
Perhaps I am misinterpreting what you are saying but it sounds like you are intolerant of people making settings changes. Hell, they paid for the pin, why should they not adjust settings to whatever makes them happiest playing it?
For the record, everyone in my family (right down to the grandchildren) are fairly weak players and I have adjusted the settings to accommodate the larger group. As my grandchildren improve, I will adjust the settings accordingly. If this keeps my family coming back to play more, then I have accomplished the thing that I bought my pins for, in the first place. When everyone is good enough to play at tournament level and they want to see how they stack up to other players, I'll leave those factory settings unchanged. Until then, I find that changing settings (in our case, to make the pin a little easier and more approachable) to be a perfectly acceptable thing to do; at least, for my family.
I guess this is why people use the expression, 'to each their own.'

I'm not intolerant of anyone making changes, I'm simply pointing out the fact that if you change your settings then you've just made your game only for yourself. Nothing you do in the game no longer matters to anyone else. I'm fully aware that is fine with some people. Me and my pinball friends are constantly talking about our scores, how deep we've gotten into the game, and even big fails we accomplished. For example, a while back I got 145 weapons on ball 1 on Deadpool. I texted my buddy who also had a DP to brag. I mean thats just one example, whenever I'm talking with any of my pinball pals we all usually have some stories to tell about recent games. If you changed your settings all around though, suddenly all that is out the window. Nothing you did matters anymore. If you're cool with that, fine.

As for would I change the settings around on a game I didn't like? No. I just simply would play it the way it is, or I'd avoid playing it. The factory settings are the baseline for how the game is supposed to be played. In a game where theres nearly infinite variables, its one of the only things that can remain consistant from game to game.

If I have to change all this stuff around to make a game more enjoyable, then that is a big problem with the game imo. Sure, if you want to experiment a bit just to goof around or see further into the game, thats fine, but for a game to actually count it should be with the factory settings.

Am I a tournament player? Yes, but I felt the exact same way before I was playing in tournaments. In fact tournaments are one place where its probably OK to change a few settings around. So the whole ToUrNaMeNt PlAyEr arguement is once again debunked. I don't know why the go to cope of everyone is to point out tournament players but its hilarious how off base that comment is 99% of the time.

In summary, I don't care what you change in your game. Just don't come talking to me about what you've done in the game because I don't care at that point. Don't tell me the game gets better if you change XX settings because thats a big problem as well. The game should be good without changing much of anything.

#354 7 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Me and my pinball friends are constantly talking about our scores, how deep we've gotten into the game, and even big fails we accomplished. For example, a while back I got 145 weapons on ball 1 on Deadpool.

Unless you’re playing the exact same copy, these convos are irrelevant too.

Do you feel the same way about how MET ended up? If you remember, everyone was adjusting CIU to be easier and that of course wasn’t stock. Then Lyman made it stock via a code update. It was the other way for years. Is there a statute of limitations on this stance?

#355 7 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Unless you’re playing the exact same copy, these convos are irrelevant too.

OK if you feel that way, but I did address this.

Quoted from Haymaker:

The factory settings are the baseline for how the game is supposed to be played. In a game where theres nearly infinite variables, its one of the only things that can remain consistant from game to game.

#356 7 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

OK if you feel that way, but I did address this.

I made a quick edit. What about MET?

#357 7 months ago

Pitch, rubbers, and flooring make as much of a difference as anything. It's good to have a baseline but also doesn't matter.

If you have ever played more than 1 copy of TWD then you know you the same game can vary wildly out of the box.

#358 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

It’s not trolling smart ass. I’ve done my research on many of these dealers and they sneak in costs and even play games with the non refundable deposits even though the games only need to be paid for when they are ready to ship. I’ve talked to a few people who said Zach is shady with some business and because of that I won’t buy from him. I have found my dealer I trust and many should also be carful with certain dealers.

Wait...I thought you actually had a poor buying experience from Zach. So you've never actually done business with Flip N Out?

I have. Zero tax, free shipping and first class communication. Granted, I've been a little critical about his Patreon, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy a pin from him again. Honest, trustworthy and he returns emails quickly, sometimes within minutes.

I also recommend Custom Pinball.

#359 7 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I made a quick edit. What about MET?

I'm fine with updates. I wasn't playing Metallica when the code was early so I can't comment on this exact scenario. If theres an update that makes major fundemental changes with the game though, thats perfectly fine. Before the change everyone was on the same rules and after it the rules were still even between everyone. I probably would have been feeling the same way then though as I do now. Don't change the settings if you want it to count for anything. I don't know how early the early code was, but when code is very early things are certainly a lot more up for interpretation. A better example for me might be Bond, where it was obvious the game code was skeletal at best for a long time. Obviously, its still got a ways to go but I would be equally against changing the settings around as it sits now.

#360 7 months ago

Man, if this games prices continue to slump, I would be forced to sell one of my titles to pick one up.
Yes, the game lacks common things pinheads expect out of a game.

Its still pinball. I played the game for a few hours and did not advance that far. In a home setting it would be possible for me to beat the game, but still difficult enough to take time to do.

Many times pinball machines are meant to circulate from your collection. Just like how many folks trade in console games to get a new one.

Only difference is our price point is much higher... Just need the right buyer.

I might move my SW Premium with a R2D2 topper to locate a CE unit if the prices keep lowering. I've had SW since 2018. A fresh start on something else is sometimes desired no matter how cool the games are.

#361 7 months ago

Yeah I wouldn’t mind a Toy Story at all in the 7-8k range. I like shooting it a lot and has pretty easy to understand rules from what I can see. Haven’t heard of any game breaking bugs or scoring exploits either.

#362 7 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haven’t heard of any game breaking bugs or scoring exploits either.

I think there's something in fireworks multiball (?) where you can get infinite add-a-balls on the jump ramp, but that might fall under the category of "only Karl can do it." I too am in on TS4 at the right price. My kid, unsurprisingly, loves it.

#363 7 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

I think there's something in fireworks multiball (?) where you can get infinite add-a-balls on the jump ramp, but that might fall under the category of "only Karl can do it." I too am in on TS4 at the right price. My kid, unsurprisingly, loves it.

Yeah I could see this as the modern day World Cup soccer.

#364 7 months ago

I'm one that think the MET neutering was weak sauce; but it is what it is...was?
But yeah its a funny situation being a stock guy.
It was changed after I owned it

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I could see this as the modern day World Cup soccer.

Best bang for buck?

#365 7 months ago

For sure. Something has to be right?

Let’s start a thread about it.

#366 7 months ago

It's a weird stance to think stock is the only way. On tz, I used to be able to make it to lost on the zone twice in one game with stock rules and setup. Now I rarely make it there with hard setup, hard rules and no extra balls. What's my other option? Sell the game? Tell my buddies how awesome my hour long games are?

I personally got sick of dialed in's code and found it like demo man: players ignore features because of the code. It's a fun game now, but it did require making the Bob and theatre portions easier and the rest of the rules and setup more difficult. I guess my scores are no good.

#367 7 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There just isn't (aren't?) enough BBs to really make this worth it, plus you get less points. I think one of your issues is you seemed to be playing the game with a shitty strategy
But I guess you "fixed" that. I searched for your post of changes but couldn't find it.

My post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/249#post-6638691

#369 7 months ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Man, if this games prices continue to slump, I would be forced to sell one of my titles to pick one up.
Yes, the game lacks common things pinheads expect out of a game.
Its still pinball. I played the game for a few hours and did not advance that far. In a home setting it would be possible for me to beat the game, but still difficult enough to take time to do.
Many times pinball machines are meant to circulate from your collection. Just like how many folks trade in console games to get a new one.
Only difference is our price point is much higher... Just need the right buyer.
I might move my SW Premium with a R2D2 topper to locate a CE unit if the prices keep lowering. I've had SW since 2018. A fresh start on something else is sometimes desired no matter how cool the games are.

"Slumping" is definitely in the eye of the beholder. JJP wanted 12K. The market commands 9.5K. That's still a ton of dough. Stern LE's were half this price just 10-12 years ago. And let's not forget, the game just isn't very good.

#370 7 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

It's a weird stance to think stock is the only way. On tz, I used to be able to make it to lost on the zone twice in one game with stock rules and setup. Now I rarely make it there with hard setup, hard rules and no extra balls. What's my other option? Sell the game? Tell my buddies how awesome my hour long games are?
I personally got sick of dialed in's code and found it like demo man: players ignore features because of the code. It's a fun game now, but it did require making the Bob and theatre portions easier and the rest of the rules and setup more difficult. I guess my scores are no good.

I don't know, I can hit Redline mania pretty easy and often on Getaway (yes I know its not that much of a feat) but I still really enjoy it. Sure when you're that good at the game make it harder on yourself and brag about that. IDC. If it was me in your shoes, yeah I'd probably be looking to move on from the game at that point. Regardless, thats a little different scenario than having to change the settings to make the game good due to bad programming in the first place. B/W games aren't exactly known for their ultra deep and flexible rulesets like newer games. Like I said, if you wanna change things around just to mess around, thats fine, and it sounds like thats pretty much what you're doing. If I'm at the point where I gotta make the game brutally hard just to get a bit of a rise out of it, that game is on the chopping block.

#371 7 months ago

While the 2 Bob targets for KB seems weak, it does sort of address the horrible JJP slings. If this was a W/B it would hit that lower Bob target a lot more. But Holy shit 10 kickback stack?!
I also don't really understand lowering the quantum qualifiers as they are very easily collected...spider, kilowatt etc.
But, I thinkni might change these and give it a try. 5 games both way and chart the diff'rence

#372 7 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

While the 2 Bob targets for KB seems weak, it does sort of address the horrible JJP slings. If this was a W/B it would hit that lower Bob target a lot more. But Holy shit 10 kickback stack?!
I also don't really understand lowering the quantum qualifiers as they are very easily collected...spider, kilowatt etc.
But, I thinkni might change these and give it a try. 5 games both way and chart the diff'rence

The only Quantum qualifier that’s hard to do is Drone because you need to fill up the drone letters to qualify and if you miss the collect you have to do it again.

Carrying over the SIM collection is just cheating.

#373 7 months ago

With all this Dialed In bashing, I think TS4 is actually going back up in value.

#374 7 months ago

Carrying over the SIM collection is just cheating.

That's your opinion but I totally disagree. Over 2600 plays on mine and the way it's set up (sim card carryover) works for me. Average game time is 4 minutes. Also I have Wonka set up so kids progress doesn't disappear with lost ball. I think Tranquilize has some good points. I did tone down the difficulty from another DI owners thread recently. The pins I own are all fun and I like how they are set up. To each his own. BTW, I had to tone down TS4 average games times were almost 6 minutes now shorter. Longer than TH or SMVE.

Cheers.

#375 7 months ago

SIM card holdover is evil, but again it evens out the horribly designed SIM scoop rejects
Edit : although I did never try taking rubber off that post either

#376 7 months ago

There is a low price nice CE for $11,478 OBO in the marketplace.

#377 7 months ago

Since this entire thread has switched over to Dialed In...

I pointed out, what I think, are flaws in the rules... but it is not a bad game. It just suffers in lastability. If they evened out the scoring it would be a pretty epic game.

#378 7 months ago

New thread title:
Toy Story vs. Dialed In, what’s lower??

#379 7 months ago
Quoted from DNO:

New thread title:
Toy Story vs. Dialed In, what’s lower??

Dialed is a much lower price; Never got a price raise at any time of its existence

#380 7 months ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Since this entire thread has switched over to Dialed In...
I pointed out, what I think, are flaws in the rules... but it is not a bad game. It just suffers in lastability. If they evened out the scoring it would be a pretty epic game.

I begged the coder on the Google group to fix it. He strait up said no.

The game needs very little to fix it. Then it would be epic.

#381 7 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The Gaul!
Yeah not everyone is Spooky.
Edit
Trust me I know, they'll never budge on mybidea to award SIM card with Big Bang

#382 7 months ago

Overpriced games. That’s all it is. We need to stand strong and not buy new so the companies see the change in cash flow

#383 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

Overpriced games. That’s all it is. We need to stand strong and not buy new so the companies see the change in cash flow

hysterical-laughter.gifhysterical-laughter.gif
#384 7 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I don't get it. I am not exactly a pinball savant, and I can clearly see the problems with the code.

#385 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

That’s the primary reasoning here.

#386 7 months ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I don't get it. I am not exactly a pinball savant, and I can clearly see the problems with the code.

Pretty sure it was a time (money) issue. It took them a long time to code that game. It sucks because finishing touches usually make or break code.

1 week later
#387 7 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

But Holy shit 10 kickback stack?!

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Jesus christ no reason for a 5 game average; first sobor game came in hot.
This isn't pinball guys, it's fantasy camp pinball.
Besides the fact a quantum qualifier is triggered every 9 seconds whochvus super annoying, everything is so recockusly easy.

Fun fact, the game doesn't light sim cards after Dialed In is spelled.

20230721_224445.jpg20230721_224445.jpg

#388 7 months ago

Finally played TS4 and it’s a beautiful game, fun game, more difficult than advertised, and one I definitely like to buy for around $9k.

#389 7 months ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Finally played TS4 and it’s a beautiful game, fun game, more difficult than advertised, and one I definitely like to buy for around $9k.

Should be a few around 8k before too long.

#390 7 months ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Should be a few around 8k before too long.

I'd like to remind you that's Munsters pricing now.

Munsters.

If that doesn't make you question your ability to predict pin pricing, I don't know what will.

#391 7 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I'd like to remind you that's Munsters pricing now.
Munsters.
If that doesn't make you question your ability to predict pin pricing, I don't know what will.

And TS4 is a much better game than Munsters. I owned Munsters for 2 years and no one that visited really cared for it. Every non-pinball person who visits says that TS4 is their favorite game of ours.

#392 7 months ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

And TS4 is a much better game than Munsters. I owned Munsters for 2 years and no one that visited really cared for it. Every non-pinball person who visits says that TS4 is their favorite game of ours.

Says a lot about the importance of theme.

#393 7 months ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Says a lot about the importance of theme.

Yeah, I think that's ultimately it. Munsters did the theme proud and even did a massive code update after sales were done. TS4 will always have the stigma of JJP really f*cked their shot at the Toy Story license by going with 4 and a dark carnival pin with an iPad mini.

#394 7 months ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Yeah, I think that's ultimately it. Munsters did the theme proud and even did a massive code update after sales were done. TS4 will always have the stigma of JJP really f*cked their shot at the Toy Story license by going with 4 and a dark carnival pin with an iPad mini.

Agree on all points, but man my TS4 gets played a shit ton in the house. I was surprised for sure.

#395 7 months ago

$8750 for an LE in VA now on a local FB group.

#396 7 months ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

It has been strongly implied that JJP was forced to go with TS4

#397 7 months ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

It has been strongly implied that JJP was forced to go with TS4

At one of the shows (Pintastic?) Jack confirmed it was Disney's call.

I never understand when people are upset by what a game -isn't-. It's a fun game. It's a fun theme. It's not TS1...or T1...or Godzilla. It's a TS4.

#398 7 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

At one of the shows (Pintastic?) Jack confirmed it was Disney's call.

Then JJP should have said, thank you but no thank you, and moved on to a better title

#399 7 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I never understand when people are upset by what's a game -isn't-.

Cause the majority of people buying these games have nostalgia for the other three movies more, combine that with a huge price jump just for the fourth movie theme and here we are. Why Disney doesn't understand that all the movies need to be in the theme is just another bad decision that shows why their company is losing money as of late.

#400 7 months ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Then JJP should have said, thank you but no thank you, and moved on to a better title

Why? It's a great game and makes lots of fun.

TS1 was about a violent neighbor and two toys that mostly hated each other. TS2 was a great quest, could have been a pinball theme, too..TS3 was gruesome, threatening all with death by fire.

If you ask me, TS4 is the best choice of all TS movies. Can u der stand the whining about no TS1 theme.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts
Hardware
9,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chicago, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Tools
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Tools
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
7,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
There are 622 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-how-low-can-it-go-/page/8?hl=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.