• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9D2CFC7A-EBB7-4765-99FC-9BD4BF92F140 (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

Question.

I was wondering if TS4 selling out due to a limited run, or are scalpers buying them all up to make a profit. I know I saw someone on Facebook post that they had 40 units for sale. Does this happen a lot with new pinball that come out? Or was it just because it was Jersey Jack? Curious.

#2 1 year ago

You really couldn't find another TS4 thread to ask this in?

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbeOne:

Question.
I was wondering if TS4 selling out due to a limited run, or are scalpers buying them all up to make a profit. I know I saw someone on Facebook post that they had 40 units for sale. Does this happen a lot with new pinball that come out? Or was it just because it was Jersey Jack? Curious.

Plenty of Distros have the LE in stock, CE sold out due to its "limited" run of 1000.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbeOne:

are scalpers buying them all up to make a profit

Yes. It's been happening with pretty much every new game release for the past few years.

Part of it is some titles/editions sell out. Part of it is the desire for instant gratification. For some production runs, it takes several months to fulfill all the orders. In those cases, scalpers then offer an actual game that is on-hand for an increased price, rather than just a preorder spot.

But then as noted above, after a game has been out a little while and people have a chance to actually play it, interest can wane, leaving people stuck with a title that's hard to sell.

So, if someone wants to flip a new title for profile, usually the idea is to get in line first, then sell ASAP while demand is red hot.

#7 1 year ago

another thread!

#8 1 year ago

I'm sorry for posting another thread. The number of sub topics is so overwhelming and I apologize for not checking first. Forgive me. I rarely post! I was just really excited about this pin, and it just floored me it was gone/sold out in a matter of minutes from the company. Getting a new pin in a box is a pipe dream for me right now. I still need to get my first official pin in my new house still. I sold my Fish Tales and Dredd a decade ago, and have wanted to restart a new collection ever since. Still kicking my myself for selling pretty good condition Dredd and Fish Tales for 1, 000 each... but that was the market back then.

#9 1 year ago

? I thought only the CE “sold out”. The “LE” is available isn’t it?

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

? I thought only the CE “sold out”. The “LE” is available isn’t it?

Yes.

#11 1 year ago

Look at the marketplace, I saw a couple CEs come up for sale, and the sellers were only asking for their deposits back. Not a bad deal I think.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Look at the marketplace, I saw a couple CEs come up for sale, and the sellers were only asking for their deposits back. Not a bad deal I think.

$10K by Christmas!

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbeOne:

I'm sorry for posting another thread. The number of sub topics is so overwhelming and I apologize for not checking first. Forgive me. I rarely post! I was just really excited about this pin, and it just floored me it was gone/sold out in a matter of minutes from the company. Getting a new pin in a box is a pipe dream for me right now. I still need to get my first official pin in my new house still. I sold my Fish Tales and Dredd a decade ago, and have wanted to restart a new collection ever since. Still kicking my myself for selling pretty good condition Dredd and Fish Tales for 1, 000 each... but that was the market back then.

TS4 LEs will probably never sell out. CEs are available at many distributors and are not “sold out” as so many want you to believe. If you want an NIB TS4 there will be plenty of opportunity to get one. But go play one first.

#14 1 year ago

Easiest way to stop flippers is non refundable, non transferable deposits. Sure, there will still be a few around. But it would be the end of most.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from gprotein:

$10K by Christmas!

Keep dreaming

#16 1 year ago
9D2CFC7A-EBB7-4765-99FC-9BD4BF92F140 (resized).jpeg9D2CFC7A-EBB7-4765-99FC-9BD4BF92F140 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

10,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

14,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-4-selling-out?hl=tomass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.