Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Honch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

stern_fav_avenger.png
    stern_facebook_fav_animated_movie.png
    #1 11 years ago

So, it doesn't seem like this has been brought up in a while.

Toy Story. What do you think? Is it happening? Has anyone heard anything about this?

Mr.Pinball had a quick blurb in the price guide anticipating Toy Story + Avengers for 2013. We have already seen 1 of these... Can we expect another?

Personally, I would be all for it. Sign me up.

What do you think? Is it going to happen?

#2 11 years ago

I'd be in serious trouble (financially) if Stern did pins of any of the Pixar properties. And really sad if it turned out no good.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I'd be in serious trouble (financially) if Stern did pins of any of the Pixar properties. And really sad if it turned out no good.

They'd have to do The Incredibles to keep w/ the whole super hero thing

Toy Story could be amazing though with the right creativity put into the playfield toys and features.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Toy Story could be amazing though with the right creativity put into the playfield toys and features.

Yeah, maybe they could have a jump-ramp where you bash Woody or Buzz in the nuts?

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

Yeah, maybe they could have a jump-ramp where you bash Woody or Buzz in the nuts?

LOL!

No more bash toys! Especially GOOD GUY CHARACTERS!!!

#7 11 years ago

Sign me up

#8 11 years ago

Pass....Rather see a disneyland game...could have toy story in that

#9 11 years ago

I haven't heard any rumors about this title. If true, might be my first NIB! There would be plenty of material to work with here. I could see a shooter like the one on the toy story mania ride at Disney world that would integrate with a shooting gallery style video mode.

#10 11 years ago

Rather have more Tron reruns.

#11 11 years ago

Most of the Pixar movies would likely be a good starting point for a theme. Toy Story being the most recognizable/successful. Might help with home sales of The Pin and home sales in general. Should also do very well in Family Fun centers. Not sure what to expect in a bar though. Certainly not saying it would do poorly, just not sure what I'd expect. Although, I would expect it probably would be a big hit with female bar patrons.

#12 11 years ago

I like SCI-FI better

#13 11 years ago

It would suprise me if it was made. Doesn't meet the normal "testosterone" cookie cutter mold most pin collectors go after. I think it could easily be a great game though.

#14 11 years ago

Great theme with a wide appeal but I've lost faith in Stern turning out an innovative and "fun" pin. Would rather see one of the new start ups do this title.

#15 11 years ago

I personally haven't seen it, but I've seen the Pixar documentary. People seem to enjoy the films. Toy Story turned a company worth 10mil into a payday worth billions for those involved. It's a pretty important movie, it's changed the landscape of animated films.

They can turn anything into a pinball machine, I guess my point is they've put out less worthy titles.

They did do Shrek.

Quoted from paragon66x:

Doesn't meet the normal "testosterone" cookie cutter mold most pin collectors go after.

#16 11 years ago

The absolute slam-dunk kid-friendly wife approved pin somebody SHOULD do is Harry Potter.

"It Prints Money!"

#17 11 years ago

Toy Story would be great. An easy one to do would be to convert the Nascar pin to the "Cars" movie. That would be great with Mater clips and a big Lightning McQueen on the side!

I suggested it a long time ago but the response was Gary didn't want to do anything juvenile. That was when they were still saying they were making pins for bars.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from RazerX:

Should also do very well in Family Fun centers. Not sure what to expect in a bar though.

Since Stern usually has 3-5 licenses in production at any given time, a "diverse portfolio" of themes is beneficial to business, IMO. For instance if they have a music theme, a movie/hero theme, and a family theme available at the same time - that's 3 different demographics they can sell to. Mancave/rocker/bar sales, collector/pop-culture sales, and family-friendly sales.

#19 11 years ago

A pinball game with a claw machine in it...... JACKPOT

#20 11 years ago

Hmmm....

Saw this the other day (Wed Feb 13 2012) on Stern's Facebook page:

"Favorite animated movie?"

They posted a somewhat similar "cryptic" (not really) message before Avengers was officially announced.

stern_facebook_fav_animated_movie.pngstern_facebook_fav_animated_movie.png

#21 11 years ago

This was posted on their Facebook page prior to the official Avengers announcement on Nov 29th 2012. (It's possible it was well known before then, I can't remember...)

stern_fav_avenger.pngstern_fav_avenger.png

#22 11 years ago

Seriously stern maybe doing a toy story god has stern physicaly running out of ideas.
    Besides them doing better themes and titles later this year like metalica , kiss(maybe)
    Star Trek

#23 11 years ago

I would rather have Cars than Toy Story but either could be good.

#24 11 years ago

Too bad Disney doesn't have a licensor list web page like Star Trek showed up on, for the convenient confirmation/denial.

#25 11 years ago

Putting anything from Pixar out there would appeal to a brand new generation of players. I could definitely imagine a Toy Story Pin, The incredibles, Cars, Monsters Inc. etc....

#26 11 years ago

Toy story pin (family home use)
    Would be better than a. Coin op toy story

#27 11 years ago

Pinball themes are going the wrong way for me, if this is the direction they're headed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.