36 days ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 days ago by snyper2099
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 36 days ago

In tournaments how do players remember the rules to so many games? I have trouble memorizing the few dozen games I come across, let alone hundreds of games that can be chosen in larger tournaments. I know there are Papa Videos, but are there any other sites that have quick summary of the best strategies? I find PinTips to be pretty good, but some of the information seems to be either dated or wrong. Also, for many games they will list hidden features, but miss the basics, which I'd like to include, expecially for some more obscure games. Below is an example I'm putting together for Shaq Attaq. I want something that I can glance at for a quick reminder of my objective(s). Mine might be customized for my mediocre skill level. Any resources for where to find this information for other titles?

Shaq Attaq

• Shoot SHAQUILLE targets on the far right of the upper playfield or by selecting “Advance SHAQUILLE” from the Tip-Off (left VUK). Once spelled, select Slammin’ Jammin’ from the Tip-Off.
    • Qualify events by shooting the HORSE (Yellow), MVP (Purple), Basketballs (Orange), and Clocks (Red). Modes can be stacked so it’s sometimes best wait until multiple are qualified before shooting the right ramp to start. However, MVP (Center Drop Target) and HORSE (Veri-Target) are timed events were there corresponding target is lucrative.
    • Shoot the Basket then right ramp to start Multiball.
    • Game Balls can be spent as follows: 1 = 10 M, 2 or 3 = Hurry-Up Extra Ball, 4 or 5 = Multiball, 6 or 7 = Extra Ball, 8 or 9 = Shaq Attaq, 10 through 13 = Slammin’ Jammin’

#4 36 days ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

pintips.net tries to handle this in general, although I feel like it doesn't go quite deep enough to be really useful.

Yeah, for the games I've been typing up I've used a combination of PinTips along with reviewing the rules on pinball.org/rules. Just wondering if I was repeating work that's already out there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 221.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 209.99
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    € 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 11.95
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 10.95
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 66.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 89.99
    $ 24.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside