3 days ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by lpeters82
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 days ago

In tournaments how do players remember the rules to so many games? I have trouble memorizing the few dozen games I come across, let alone hundreds of games that can be chosen in larger tournaments. I know there are Papa Videos, but are there any other sites that have quick summary of the best strategies? I find PinTips to be pretty good, but some of the information seems to be either dated or wrong. Also, for many games they will list hidden features, but miss the basics, which I'd like to include, expecially for some more obscure games. Below is an example I'm putting together for Shaq Attaq. I want something that I can glance at for a quick reminder of my objective(s). Mine might be customized for my mediocre skill level. Any resources for where to find this information for other titles?

Shaq Attaq

• Shoot SHAQUILLE targets on the far right of the upper playfield or by selecting “Advance SHAQUILLE” from the Tip-Off (left VUK). Once spelled, select Slammin’ Jammin’ from the Tip-Off.
    • Qualify events by shooting the HORSE (Yellow), MVP (Purple), Basketballs (Orange), and Clocks (Red). Modes can be stacked so it’s sometimes best wait until multiple are qualified before shooting the right ramp to start. However, MVP (Center Drop Target) and HORSE (Veri-Target) are timed events were there corresponding target is lucrative.
    • Shoot the Basket then right ramp to start Multiball.
    • Game Balls can be spent as follows: 1 = 10 M, 2 or 3 = Hurry-Up Extra Ball, 4 or 5 = Multiball, 6 or 7 = Extra Ball, 8 or 9 = Shaq Attaq, 10 through 13 = Slammin’ Jammin’

#2 3 days ago

One of the local guys makes and posts reference sheets on all the games in the local bank.

He made a breakdown list with links and posted it in the Facebook page on the league. Keeps it updated too.

The sharing of info is cool.

#3 3 days ago

pintips.net tries to handle this in general, although I feel like it doesn't go quite deep enough to be really useful.

#4 3 days ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

pintips.net tries to handle this in general, although I feel like it doesn't go quite deep enough to be really useful.

Yeah, for the games I've been typing up I've used a combination of PinTips along with reviewing the rules on pinball.org/rules. Just wondering if I was repeating work that's already out there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 169.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 12.00
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 59.00
    $ 37.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 49.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 159.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 8.00
    Cabinet Parts
    RPGCor

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside