Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by phishrace
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I just bought a POTC and it has Tournament Mode. Do all POTC's come with Tournament Modes and I noticed my Spiderman has it as well. Does Spiderman come with it as well. Can you add it to other games I have ? Where do you get it and how much does it cost ? Bought a LOTR today as well......guy had 2 HUO's and the POTC was absolutely flawless and the LOTR wasn't bad and he gave me a deal if I bought both.....8,500 for both so I took the POTC as well. Figured since he wanted $4,700 for LOTR then I was only paying $3,800 for a POTC that truly didn't even look like he played one game on it !!! The LOTR was more of a heavily played HUO with a slight scuff mark on the side cabinet.

#2 10 years ago

All have it in there somewhere. At least SAM system games.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

Thanks.....I never knew it was standard as the LOTR does not have it....MET PRO did not have one....AC/DC premium, Iron Man, X-MEN LE, TSPP, etc.

Maybe it is my confusion. Both the POTC and SM have a tournament button and none of the others have that.....guess that is my confusion. I never really paid any attention and my SM was not plugged in as the only reason I noticed is that when I went to take off the POTC glass the tournament button wires made it tough to take off the glass....then tonight I checked my SM (since it had a tournament mode topper) and sure enough there were wires and I connected them and bingo I had tournament mode !!!

So that is my confusion.....the tournament buttons flash when you activate it and all my other sterns don't have these buttons.....

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

So that is my confusion.....the tournament buttons flash when you activate it and all my other sterns don't have these buttons.....

So put buttons on, the newer ones.

LTG : )™

#5 10 years ago

So where can you buy the buttons.....maybe that is my confusion. Guess that is what I am trying to figure out. Maybe I phrased my question wrong. I guess what I wanted to know is if all SM's and POTC's came standard with buttons that say "tournament" and not if all machines have tournament modes. I guess I am questioning the hardware (the buttons themselves) more then the software (tournament mode).

Where do you buy the buttons.....and were they bought for my SM and POTC by the previous owners (since they have Tournament toppers as well).

Sorry for my confusion.....must be too much NCAA TOURNAMENT BALL....LOL !!!

#6 10 years ago

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=tournament+button

Scroll down for lockdown bar mounting or cabinet mounting.

There was a recent article on Pinside how to wire these.

#7 10 years ago

I have a real dumb question. What does the tournament mode do or change in the machine?

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from wallifishrmn:

What does the tournament mode do or change in the machine?

If not running a tournament like TOPS. Just have tournament mode turned on. It eliminates random things and makes game play the same for every player.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If not running a tournament like TOPS. Just have tournament mode turned on. It eliminates random things and makes game play the same for every player.

Also disables extra balls (awards points instead). In standard settings on a Stern, this is called competition mode.

Not to be confused with player competition mode (also in standard settings). Player competition mode allows you to switch back and forth between competition and normal play. Enable it, then hold in the left flipper and watch the DMD.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Also disables extra balls (awards points instead).

No, tournament/competition mode only tries to make the game as far as possible (or as fair as the programmer programmed it). Extra balls, specials, and replays are completely separate and must be turned off on their own (most often via install novelty). It's perfectly valid to have a tournament with extra balls, just most don't for time limitations.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

No, tournament/competition mode only tries to make the game as far as possible (or as fair as the programmer programmed it).

Doh. I usually disable all that other stuff anyway.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 218.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tournament-mode-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.