6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jonnyo
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Snow.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 6 years ago

Hey look Ma, I got called out for something positive

Thanks for the kind words. I really try to keep things running smoothly and on time. It is no easy feat and I understand how even well laid plans can easily get derailed.

Running or helping run a tourney/event is a VERY difficult and time consuming undertaking for the people bringing games, setting them up, tweaking them, getting all logistics ready for the day of stuff, score keeping, etc...

The worst thing to deal with as an event organizer is having ungrateful attendes get in your face over a relatively small issue (typically becuase they did not read the rules).

My advice it to say thanks to all the guys that put these events on, I know it means a lot. Also, if you see someone getting heated and into it with an organizer do your best to chill them out and remind them that nobody is perfect and we are doing this on a volentary basis. I am not sure who it was, but I was extremely grateful for the guys that took care of the one agressive player at MRP last year. That one bad apple was luckily overcome by all the great people I met that had a blast and look forward to the next one.

#30 6 years ago

Dave> are you coming to Wanna on Sat to compete?

You should, as you are one of the best local players IMHO.

#34 6 years ago

Dave > just come at 2 and put one game on each to see if it is good enough to make playoffs. You should not be rushed to play a total of 5 games.

#42 6 years ago

Yes there is a way to make almost all the dmd era games more readily display scores rather than cycling thru all the other crap. I think changing settings to tourney does it for wcs...

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from Shpwizard:

After being at a tournament yesterday, and watching DEWSHO get quite tipsy and make it to A-Division, I'm not so sure my comment on drinking is true in my original post... lol

the more he had the better he got (to a point)

He also became much more fun to watch! Ken, you are a good guy and I was damn impressed with how well you played in your first event!!!

#52 6 years ago

LOL...

Ken, are you alive???

#54 6 years ago

beers are on me at MGC buddy

Hopefully Ken is not it too much trouble with his better half...

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

That Taxi shouldn't have been in the tournament. Or at least it should have been set up differently to minimize the impact of a progressive jackpot.

That is part of the fun of progressive jackpots and the ability to steal multiballs on some games >IMHO of course.

#58 6 years ago

Tully, I think ninjadoug must be talking about a different event than the WannaPin event (just based on his location of PA?)

The Taxi at Wanna played really well for the duration. Actually all the games played VERY well! I think the only thing to look into before leaving the games at ther new locations is the DocOc not registering.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.00
    Hardware
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 12.99
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bent Mods
    $ 49.00
    $ 6,450.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 149.00
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 45.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    LightAndTimeArt
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 7.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Led
    Geeteoh Electronics
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside