Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by jonnyo
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Snow.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shpwizard:

Women will give you hugs (true story - happened to a guy when I was at Pinball Expo - sadly not me ).

You make it sound like this is an uncommon occurance?

2 months later
    #23 11 years ago

Do NOT pick the game you played best on if you did extremely well on it in qualifiers and you're top seed picking the first game for the finals. Odds are you're gonna barf. Had a friend learn that the hard way at the last tourney I went to...he was first seed and I was 5th. I had been doing horrible on it all night, he ROLLED it, then barfed on it. I did pretty badly on it, per the standard of the night, but awesome on the second game (different pin) and placed 2nd overall, lol. =\

#49 11 years ago

New PROTIPS from my #5 place finish last night:

If you are #1 seed, don't play the same EM three times in a row no matter how good you did the first four times you played it.

Don't pay your buddy's entrance fee unless you are prepared to lose to them on said EM.

Don't expect that the guy that got the GAME OVER tilt on that EM the two games prior will do it a third time.

DO choose to play first and pick up the 2 million point jackpot on Taxi that's been rolling all night and not been collected by anyone when it's your turn, especially when average scores are hovering around a million on the game, thereby completely burying your competition with little chance of them catching up since the jackpot resets to 500k.

#61 11 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

I thought this same thing playing Taxi in a tournament last year. On ball 1, I hit a 4 million jackpot, plus another 600k one after that. I have to admit I thought it was game over. I knew the guy I was playing against was good and he just kept chopping wood. He got a couple jackpots under a million, started hitting the ramps back and forth for the million and was rocking on expresslane too. He came back and was beating me 6.1 million to 5.5 million after ball 2. I ended up getting him with 6.3 million for a final score, mostly thanks to valuable skill shots on the last ball, but I couldn't believe he came back without a super big jackpot.

It's possible, sure, but the plunger on the one we were playing on was pretty much shot to crap and barely got the ball to the spinout most of the time. I tried to get the ramps going as well just to bury them for sure, but couldn't ever do it. Thought one of the other guys would catch up but never did.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tournament-going-tips?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.