6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jonnyo
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Snow.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadtower.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago
    Quoted from Shpwizard:

- You being there means you probably *are* a sweaty stinky nerdy socially-stunted financially-rich man, and that's okay (Note: the above description *does* describe me ). But try to rise above it: cut or use product in your hair, shave or trim, smell nice, wear clean clothes. Everyone will like it, including yourself. Women will give you hugs (true story - happened to a guy when I was at Pinball Expo - sadly not me ).

Please do this. It matters to the other people in the room. Especially by the second or third day. Bring enough clean clothes to last the whole tournament. Shower in the morning. If you are the type that needs a second shower at 7pm then please do it. Remember that there are many guys in the room and each one that doesn't bother with hygiene stacks up onto the rest.

2 months later
    #13 6 years ago

I'm not sure I understand the meal break issue. Why do people need to schedule it? If qualifying is from noon-6 then people can either choose to go eat or stay the whole 6 hours. Why do people need a scheduled time to go feed themselves? What is stopping them from bringing food and eating a sandwich for ten minutes in the parking lot or skipping the meal altogether?

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Flamethrower:

It's not that people couldn't bring food - just that most people don't for whatever reason (for example, a lot of tournaments tend to run extremely long, and may not have anywhere to refrigerate or heat up food that you packed yourself), and so if you want to get something to eat you may need to go off-site. I do try to pack meals for myself when possible, something I can eat quickly on-site, and just stick some fruit in my bag as well for quick pick me ups. But it doesn't always work out that way.

Didn't pinball guys ever learn to make themselves a sandwich? Heh. My son and I bring PB+J to league night every week. Dollars not spent on food can be spent on tokens and time not spent seeking out food can be spent playing pinball.

#28 6 years ago

I guess we can follow that point of view with:

- Don't run to the organizers with every little dispute. Make every effort to resolve minor issues yourself. Sometimes a person is not going to notice someone standing in line behind them and start a second game. Or someone might make contact with you in a crowded aisle during your ball. These are not problems that need mediation.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 150.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 92.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    £ 99.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 199.99
    $ 269.00
    € 95.00
    Lighting - Led
    FlipperLED
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 218.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Latenight Weeknight Mods
    $ 7,700.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Flipper Room
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 129.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadtower.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside