6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jonnyo
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Snow.jpg

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Wonder if he made it off of tmac's couch yet

He didn't stay, I checked him into a Hotel. I know his car was in the Waun-a-Bowl parking lot late into the day Sunday.

#52 6 years ago

LOL...

Ken, are you alive???

#53 6 years ago

First off sorry this is getting off topic! He may be grounded! All I got to say is "What happens at Waun-a-Pinball, stays at Waun-a-Pinball!" Unless you give me a beers at MGC then all bets are off. Then I will entertain everyone with the story!

#54 6 years ago

beers are on me at MGC buddy

Hopefully Ken is not it too much trouble with his better half...

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

DO choose to play first and pick up the 2 million point jackpot on Taxi that's been rolling all night and not been collected by anyone when it's your turn, especially when average scores are hovering around a million on the game, thereby completely burying your competition with little chance of them catching up since the jackpot resets to 500k.

That Taxi shouldn't have been in the tournament. Or at least it should have been set up differently to minimize the impact of a progressive jackpot.

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

That Taxi shouldn't have been in the tournament. Or at least it should have been set up differently to minimize the impact of a progressive jackpot.

That is part of the fun of progressive jackpots and the ability to steal multiballs on some games >IMHO of course.

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Taxi was set up to start at 1 million and top off at 1.5 million, which is the minimum jackpot difference you can have. It got selected a lot in the playoffs, so people really seemed to like playing it.

#58 6 years ago

Tully, I think ninjadoug must be talking about a different event than the WannaPin event (just based on his location of PA?)

The Taxi at Wanna played really well for the duration. Actually all the games played VERY well! I think the only thing to look into before leaving the games at ther new locations is the DocOc not registering.

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

DO choose to play first and pick up the 2 million point jackpot on Taxi that's been rolling all night and not been collected by anyone when it's your turn, especially when average scores are hovering around a million on the game, thereby completely burying your competition with little chance of them catching up since the jackpot resets to 500k.

I thought this same thing playing Taxi in a tournament last year. On ball 1, I hit a 4 million jackpot, plus another 600k one after that. I have to admit I thought it was game over. I knew the guy I was playing against was good and he just kept chopping wood. He got a couple jackpots under a million, started hitting the ramps back and forth for the million and was rocking on expresslane too. He came back and was beating me 6.1 million to 5.5 million after ball 2. I ended up getting him with 6.3 million for a final score, mostly thanks to valuable skill shots on the last ball, but I couldn't believe he came back without a super big jackpot.

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

the more he had the better he got (to a point)
    He also became much more fun to watch! Ken, you are a good guy and I was damn impressed with how well you played in your first event!!!

I haven't drank for shit in the last 8 months. "The point" was therefore lost to me and it cost me with the only tilt of the day coming at a critical time. Live and learn. Thanks for the kind words and encouragement! Everyone I met at Wauna is what's good in this world.

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

I thought this same thing playing Taxi in a tournament last year. On ball 1, I hit a 4 million jackpot, plus another 600k one after that. I have to admit I thought it was game over. I knew the guy I was playing against was good and he just kept chopping wood. He got a couple jackpots under a million, started hitting the ramps back and forth for the million and was rocking on expresslane too. He came back and was beating me 6.1 million to 5.5 million after ball 2. I ended up getting him with 6.3 million for a final score, mostly thanks to valuable skill shots on the last ball, but I couldn't believe he came back without a super big jackpot.

It's possible, sure, but the plunger on the one we were playing on was pretty much shot to crap and barely got the ball to the spinout most of the time. I tried to get the ramps going as well just to bury them for sure, but couldn't ever do it. Thought one of the other guys would catch up but never did.

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Tully, I think ninjadoug must be talking about a different event than the WannaPin event (just based on his location of PA?)
    The Taxi at Wanna played really well for the duration. Actually all the games played VERY well! I think the only thing to look into before leaving the games at ther new locations is the DocOc not registering.

Not talking about that specific Taxi, just the overall setup. Progressive jackpots need to be minimized in tournament play for fairness.

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

...and NEVER tell your opponent how to play a game. Especially on Gold Wings.

If it makes you feel better, I made the same mistake on Playboy with the same result.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Various Other Swag
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 92.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 17.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Protection
    The MOD Couple
    $ 19.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 8,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    PinballSTAR Amusements
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 10.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 269.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 89.99
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside