Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

First time poster, long time lurker here.

I'm running a small tournament and I'd like to keep track of scores using my laptop, does anyone have an excel spreadsheet with the macros pre-loaded they could email me?

I'd like to use the system in which the highest score on a machine is worth 100 points, second is 90, 3rd is 85, 4th is 84, and so on. Ideally I'd like a spreadsheet that automatically sorted when the score is added.

Any help would be much appreciated, my excel skills are weak

Thank you!

#3 9 years ago

If no one actually has this, I could probably whip one up for you.
    But just for quick reference, would this work?

Assuming you have all the names in column A. and all their scores in column B.
    Select only the scores, then find the icon towards the upper right hand side of the screen that looks like an A,Z, and silver funnel.

You can then arrange the scores from big to small or small to big.

PS... I'm moving out west and want in on the next tourny!

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from regulardaddy:

First time poster, long time lurker here.
    I'm running a small tournament and I'd like to keep track of scores using my laptop, does anyone have an excel spreadsheet with the macros pre-loaded they could email me?
    I'd like to use the system in which the highest score on a machine is worth 100 points, second is 90, 3rd is 85, 4th is 84, and so on. Ideally I'd like a spreadsheet that automatically sorted when the score is added.
    Any help would be much appreciated, my excel skills are weak
    Thank you!

We have those locally, but I think someone just whipped one up quickly. It's nothing fancy, but I can see if I can get a copy of it for you.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Have you looked at Scott's Arcade Tournament Manager?
    http://scottdanesi.com/WP/?page_id=161

My application will do custom scoring just like you want.

Here is a link the user guide section that talks about custom scoring:
    http://scottdanesi.com/WP/?page_id=176#scoringoptions

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

My application will do custom scoring just like you want.
    Here is a link the user guide section that talks about custom scoring:
    http://scottdanesi.com/WP/?page_id=176#scoringoptions

His stuff rocks. I use it all the time. Scott Danesi rocks.

#7 9 years ago

If you guys have any suggestions to make the app better let me know and I will see if it is feasible to add them.

Thanks!

--Scott

#8 9 years ago

I am running a pin golf tourney next month, does anyone have a custom scoring template for Scott's software that I can use?

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Have you looked at Scott's Arcade Tournament Manager?
    http://scottdanesi.com/WP/?page_id=161

Sweet. I was just talking to my friends about having a tournament

#10 9 years ago

Holy crap! Scott, your tournament manager is awesome! Well, that's exactly what I wanted, plus additional useful features, like payout options, backup scores, and score sheets!

And it was free, free!

Thank you very much!

Mahoyvan, when you move out here you should join the Flipper Freaks club in Mission, we have a tournament once a month, it's a great club!

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

If you guys have any suggestions to make the app better let me know and I will see if it is feasible to add them.
    Thanks!
    --Scott

Mac compatibility please!

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

Mac compatibility please!

We have had people run it successfully using third party utilities on their Macs. For example BootCamp and Wine.

Give it a shot and let me know if it works.

Thanks,
    --Scott

#13 9 years ago

I am not sure if I am using the latest version, but commas automatically on the score verification window woudl be great.

The eye visually needs breaks and this can help to ensure fewer inadvertant misses on score entry.

Another suggestion, the ability to sort the players alphabetically on the main score entry tab would be great. It currently sorts based on order of being added to the event. The ability to click a cell and then it lets you start typining number was a huge improvement but it can be tough to search for a persons name when not alphabetical.

I can take some screen shots later if I am not explaining the above very well.

Thanks again for your great software Scott!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tournament-excel-spreadsheet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.