Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kinghebes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hey guys i run some events in Boise, Idaho. So far there are no known cases in Idaho, but generally the masses everywhere are experiencing fear and panic. Id like this thread to be a discussion on best practices to take when running your small local events during this time.

First, id like to sanitize my games, flipper buttons, lockdown bars, side cabinet, etc. what would be a safe effective cleaner to use on all of these different surfaces, without risk of damaging anything? I have some painted cabs from late 70's and early 90's. And some newer sterns/spooky that are one big decal.

I will provide a pump of hand sanitizer for guests to use.

What else are you doing at your events as precautionary measures?

It makes sense for the large events to be cancelling when they are attracting people from all over the country or even other countries, but with our local group of 15-25 players i think we will be ok.

#10 4 years ago

Basically wondering what is safe to use on the actual pinball machines and still sanitize. Is a Clorox bleach wipe going to fuck up cabinet art? Is soapy water even ok to use or is that going to soak into the cab or gum up the flipper buttons? Do people ever actually sanitize their games? Can i just use hand sanitizer on the pinball machines? This has been a question I've been meaning to ask people long before this outbreak, so seems good a time as any to ask. Honestly im not worried about this being an epidemic at my events with 0 cases in my state and a turnout of 20 regulars whom id probably be playing pinball with at this spot anyway if there wasn't an event going on. Just would like to promote a clean playing environment for everybody.

#11 4 years ago

Boom. Here's a link to cdc saying what products to use. There's a pdf at the end of the article. 70% or stronger alcohol solutions will kill the virus. Most bleach products it looks like are on the list. Now the question remains, which are safe to use on all eras and materials of the pinball machine that get touched, wood, paint, decals, metal, plastic.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fabout%2Fprevention-treatment.html

Im also asking people to stay home if they are feeling ill, or showing signs of illness.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kinghebes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tournament-directing-during-covid-19-outbreak-tips?tu=kinghebes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.