Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Bond_Gadget_007
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Untitled.png
download.jpg

#1 4 years ago

I am curious what tables have the most difficult wizard modes to achieve - I have heard of the Super Duper Mega Extreme Wizard Mode in TSPP and Valinor for LOTR. Any input on other tables with very challenging wizard modes? Thanks!

#2 4 years ago

Like, toughest to get to, or toughest to complete?

#3 4 years ago

To reach or complete? Both of the ones you named are near impossible to reach. I've been to Encore and Four Winds and both have many stages. I haven't completed either of them, but on factory settings they were not super tough to reach.

#5 4 years ago

I was thinking toughest to get to, but am interested in both.

#6 4 years ago

First X-Men code when released from the factory.

#7 4 years ago

Or toughest to achieve the main goal I guess would be another way to put it.

#8 4 years ago

I'd certainly say Ripley's is right up there, Atlantis is a challenge to get to, and then the Frog wizard mode is pretty tough too.

#9 4 years ago

Reaching Atlantis on RBION is awesome.

#10 4 years ago

- Do or Die Multiball in Iron Man
- The Keefer Invitational in World Poker Tour
- Five Year Mission in Star Trek

#11 4 years ago

do or die multiball in iron man

#12 4 years ago

Wheel of Fortune from what I have heard.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I'd certainly say Ripley's is right up there, Atlantis is a challenge to get to, and then the Frog wizard mode is pretty tough too.

Frog Frenzy is probably even harder than Atlantis. I've been close, but never got it yet.

#14 4 years ago

This one is easy.
download.jpg

#15 4 years ago
#17 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Frog Frenzy is probably even harder than Atlantis. I've been close, but never got it yet.

Completed six letters last night, pulse pounding, drained during the seventh mode. That's one thing I like about RBION, you have to shoot during modes, you can't just time them out or it's little more than at best a two ball multiball for few points.

#18 4 years ago

Ones mentioned + Pinball Magic off the top of my head.

#19 4 years ago

Tommy. Hard to play when you can't see the flippers (best gimmick ever IMHO).

#20 4 years ago

WOZ. I have yet to see a post here from anyone who's reached it legitimately.

#21 4 years ago

Champion Pub "ultimate challenge" very hard to get to and complete and Junkyard fighting Bob in outer space

#22 4 years ago

TSPP- AI
LOTR - taba and valinor
Rbion - frog frenzy, Atlantis
Avengers - battle for earth
Xmen - dark Phoenix
IM - dd mb.

These are all games I own. Some are easier to get to (AI, for example,) but all incredibly difficult to get past.

#23 4 years ago

I'll cast a vote of TFTC, never been able to get to Crypt Jam.

#24 4 years ago

Just looking at this official rules flow sheet for Wizard of Oz makes my head hurt.
Untitled.png

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Just looking at this official rules flow sheet for Wizard of Oz makes my head hurt.

Untitled.png 189 KB

That's the schematics

#26 4 years ago

I had a TSPP for a year and couldn't get to it. Only game I have owned in 15 years of collecting that I could not finish. For finishing the mode itself I had a lot of trouble with spidermans wizard mode. Could get to the wizard mode easy enough but never finish it. I would always drain before I could get the last shot behind the upper flipper. I finally got it a week before I sold it.

For williams games spider multiball was very elusive but it's not really a wizard mode. I had to change my playing style to finally get it. CV is another wizard mode I could get to often but not finish.

There are plenty of wizards modes that are nearly impossible to fail at. AFM and Indy (wms) come to mind.

#27 4 years ago

Learning from this post, I would posit that there are three different ways that a wizard can be difficult:

1) The path towards and through the wizard may not be clear. (Lord of the Rings might be such an example. Destroy the Ring seems to be clear, but the requirements to reach Valinor seems unclear.)
2) There is a high number of objectives that must be completed to reach and complete the wizard. (Star Trek might be such an example. Completion of all 18 modes is needed to get to the wizard.)
3) Each objective is difficult. (Many games qualify here.)

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

There are plenty of wizards modes that are nearly impossible to fail at. AFM and Indy (wms) come to mind.

By this, do you mean once you reach the wizard mode, completing it is nearly impossible to fail for those pins?

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

By this, do you mean once you reach the wizard mode, completing it is nearly impossible to fail for those pins?

Yes, for me anyways.

#30 4 years ago

Toughest to get to: LORD, TSPP
Toughest to complete: I would say Encore on ACDC

#31 4 years ago

I have gotta vote TSPP. I have had it since NIB and have never gotten to the wizard mode. I have been so close (only 1 or 2 modes left to complete) but never done all in one game. I know it is possible but you need to have an epic game. LOTR would be my second but still no comparison to TSPP IMO

#32 4 years ago

For a while atleast people were saying nobody knew anyone who became the Pirate King. Same was said of Battle for Cybertron. Not sure if its still true though, but they sound hard either way.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
4,900 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Kingston, NY
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nanuet, NY
$ 39.50
$ 28.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside