• 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by fflint_18
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mar 2015 phone 009.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsinkc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I thought Royal Guard was pretty tough. Just easy enough to beat once in awhile. Kept me pushing the start button for the few months I had it.
The other one that I found maddening was Quick Draw. Not a wedge head but those drops are a sucker shot that would infuriate me. The only game I've ever owned that actually raised my blood pressure while I was playing.

RG was released in 1968. But agreed, it can be hard. The slingshots, when the ball gets going side to side, are definite side drain makers.

Chris, I doubt you'll ever roll RG. I've only gotten it above 6000 points a few times. It's just not a game that has high enough scoring to allow it. Everything down low is 50 points max, except the side drains and middle drain when lit, but you can only get a max of 2500 points from those along with a lost ball.

If you score over 5000 on RG, you've had one hell of a game.

The 70s wedgie I've found the hardest is Jacks Open.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballprowess:

Doesn't help that a lot of times you ricochet off a snap target with a shot and instantly drain down the side... and while it is scoring the (fifty points, I believe??) for the snap target, you get 'motored' for five-HUNDRED points on a lit outlane! What I will try to do when it does this, is shake the machine and try to keep the ball alive above the rollovers as long as I can and hope I can do it long enough for the score motor to stop turning.

It can also happen when you hit a center snap target and it goes SDTM and you get "motored" there too. Can be extremely frustrating. The angles of the game are such that deflections off the targets can be real drain monsters.

I can get mine over the first two replay levels (3600 and 4200 on mine) I wouldn't say consistently, but a decent amount of time. Getting the third and fourth level is way tougher.

The fan target specials can result in big wins or big frustration. Because they alternate, it seems you've got the fan target lit on the same side the ball is on. It's a great game. I've had it several years now and it still gets a ton of play for me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsinkc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toughest-to-beat-70s-wedgeheads?tu=emsinkc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.