(Topic ID: 5323)

Toughest skill shot?

By Schusler

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

bally x's and o's
    xmen (soft plunge cant hit loop switch before shooting left ramp or loop).

#52 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Super Secret Skill Shot on FGY . . . that shot is bull crap to hit. I owned that game for three years and hit that skill shot maybe once a year.
    It is achieved by immediately shooting the ball through the Super Jackpot tunnel from the upper flipper off the plunge. If you can hit that regularly you are a good among us.

Cayle George hit this in PAPA 14 playoff action. (I want to say semifinals?) He also did the video commentary, where he mentioned that if you make it, and still haven't hit three switches (so your score is blinking) you can drain and do it again. Good luck!

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from wesperron:

WH2O is pretty hard.
    I think TZ is pretty hard as well but not as hard as wh2o

My 2 year old son hits the skill shot on TZ every time he plays. Unfortunately he isn't very good after the plunge because his short arms can't reach both sides of the widebody cab.

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from fusion301:

My NEW FAVORITE SKILL SHOT, just finished shopping my friends POTC for him and never really played much of it... Now besides being a great game I think it may have the best skill shot of all time.
    SUPER DUPER SKILL SHOT - 10,000,000 incredibly hard but we managed to get it 3 times last night
    if you dont know what it is you need to short plunge, then with the right flipper hit the left side lane thing where special is then have it loop across the playfield and down the right side lane special.

Agreed with the Super Duper skill shot on POTC. It's hard enough just getting the "Super" part of it.

#55 10 years ago

I agree with plunging the Gem shot on Tron. Very difficult. I also vote for Banzai Run. If Bowen says it's hard, then it's REALLY HARD!

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from thunderking50:

Getting my wife and her friend into bed is a hard Skillshot

not according to your neighbor...

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

LMAO! Random attack, but was pretty funny!

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

and... SLAM TILT

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Ouch...that hurts man

by the way,hows your mom doing ?

#60 10 years ago

I think WH20 is the hardest, Ripleys would be if you could not let it drain and get another shot. I also think creature is hard to get, at least I can never it hit the correct letter

#61 10 years ago

Medusa has got to be the hardest! Try to get all the Gorgons lit! You have to plung the ball at the proper time at the proper speed. The skill shot also controls the point value of the spinner depending on how many Gorgons you get. Medusa was way ahead of its time.

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from thunderking50:

Ouch...that hurts man
    by the way,hows your mom doing ?

Still dead.

#64 10 years ago

Who dunnit by far.

#65 10 years ago

Dirty Harry when you load the gun and have to get it in the HQ hole, no margin for error on that shot its swish or nothing.

#66 10 years ago
    Quoted from JamesH007:

Ripleys would be if you could not let it drain and get another shot.

Agreed, on that. ^ It is a pretty cool shot, though.

Pistol Poker has two different skill shots and they're both pretty tough because you have to figure in the tension on the steel flap that the ball has to push through just to get to the upper playfield. It's very deceiving, especially to people that haven't played the game before. They don't understand how the ball gets up there, and their plunge is never hard enough. It still gets me even after several years. I can get the lit rollover lane fairly often, but the Joker scoop is pretty tough!

#67 10 years ago

Taxi the save passengers shot.......normally hit it buy luck! Well worth it though.

#68 10 years ago
    Quoted from MattElder:

Agreed, on that. ^ It is a pretty cool shot, though.
    Pistol Poker has two different skill shots and they're both pretty tough because you have to figure in the tension on the steel flap that the ball has to push through just to get to the upper playfield. It's very deceiving, especially to people that haven't played the game before. They don't understand how the ball gets up there, and their plunge is never hard enough. It still gets me even after several years. I can get the lit rollover lane fairly often, but the Joker scoop is pretty tough!

YEP ! forgot about Ripley's...

it is makeable for sure, but more often than not if missed your DONE !

#69 10 years ago

I gotta go with Tommy as one of the toughest.

#70 10 years ago

what part of Tommy!

#71 10 years ago

Comic Book Guy skill shot on TSPP isn't an easy shot.

#72 10 years ago

My vote goes for the "flipper" skill shot on LOTR for sure.
    I don't agree with the use of the word "skill shot" when you can move the target with the flippers, such as ACDC lanes. No skill, just plunge, flip and get the bonus.

#73 10 years ago

4 Million BC is has a tough skill shot. Short ball lane with a curve, then across the playfield, ball path curves again to have the ball go up the target ramp.
    Pin.Bot has the Red Vortex, if you play the game with lots of practice the ramp shot into the 100,000 hole can be done 95% of the time.

#75 10 years ago

any shot is tough if ya shit, practice makes perfect.

#76 10 years ago
    Quoted from dendoc:

I don't agree with the use of the word "skill shot" when you can move the target with the flippers, such as ACDC lanes. No skill, just plunge, flip and get the bonus.

I agree...

As a sidenote, there's still people that don't know that ACDC has a Super Skill Shot available....

THAT, IMO, does qualify as a "skill" shot

1 month later
    #77 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mato:

what part of Tommy!

The skill shot. Dropping it into the "parachute."

#78 10 years ago

The super skill shot on Congo is pretty challenging.

#79 10 years ago

Bonzai Run is a tuffy. And as said above WOF is a bastard.

#80 10 years ago

Avengers Black Widow shot. Soft plunge, get the ball to the left flipper and hope.

#81 10 years ago

Super Duper skill shot on POTC!

#82 10 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

The super skill shot on Congo is pretty challenging.

The Congo at PAPA has a ridiculous '72 Ford Fairlane shock absorber spring on the plunger that makes the super skill shot near impossible. At home on mine I can hit it probably 75% of the time. Love me some Skill Fire mode!

#83 10 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The Congo at PAPA has a ridiculous '72 Ford Fairlane shock absorber spring on the plunger that makes the super skill shot near impossible.

By the end of it I was getting that shot pretty well...but yeah you couldn't pull it back too much...powerful!

#84 10 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The Congo at PAPA has a ridiculous '72 Ford Fairlane shock absorber spring on the plunger that makes the super skill shot near impossible. At home on mine I can hit it probably 75% of the time. Love me some Skill Fire mode!

Yeah the one I owned had a pretty crazy spring for the plunger as well making it challenging to hit. I love many of the modes in that pin so underrated.

#85 10 years ago

I remember the super skill shot on fish tales was difficult but a great shot.

#88 10 years ago

I second Outlane-Avoider's vote for Mr & Mrs Pac Man. That plunge skill shot is brutally tough.

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toughest-skill-shot/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.