(Topic ID: 5323)

Toughest skill shot?

By Schusler

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 12 years ago

This is very opinionated of course, but what's the toughtest skill shot you've encountered in a pin?
    I mean the opening sequence, just to clarify....

Played a DE Letal Weapon this past weekend.... Damn!!!!!!!!

I'm sure I'll think of some more....

#2 12 years ago

4 million BC is pretty hard.

#3 12 years ago

Big Guns or Pinbot.

#4 12 years ago

Not because I own it, but Spiderman it's pretty tough. You gotta time the hit on the ball right, and then hit the ball with the top right flipper on the Venom ramp.

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Big Guns or Pinbot.

Good choices!

#6 12 years ago

Taxi is pretty tough one, the spinout ramp. Arrgh!

#7 12 years ago

Agree with Big Guns. Especially on a sharp tilted playfield.

#8 12 years ago

WH2O is pretty hard.
    I think TZ is pretty hard as well but not as hard as wh2o

#9 12 years ago

Bride of pinbot is really hard to get consistently if the rubber is good. But for me, ngg takes the cake. I cant recall ever hitting them.

#10 12 years ago

Twister magnet skill shot right now, but I have to figure out if the springs in it are right.

Ball can't be moving too fast and can't bounce off any other targets. Also just getting it to roll over the spinning disc won't catch it as it has to be very near the center.

#12 12 years ago

NGG slam ramp, hole in one.

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

Bride of Pinbot is really hard to get consistently if the rubber is good.

Of the games I've played, I have to agree with this. Very tough to get a consistent shot into one of the higher scoring spots.

#14 12 years ago

I've played a Tommy where if you were short on the skillshot it was quite likely to hit the slings once or twice and drain in the outlanes, so that's my nomination.

#15 12 years ago

For my money, Pinbot and Whirlwind have tough skill shots. I usually don't even bother with Whirlwind's, because a couple hundred K in points aren't worth the ball coming down to the main flippers right away; I'd rather have it in the top pop bumpers or coming around to the upper flipper.

#16 12 years ago

I agree infact the whole game is tough

#17 12 years ago

I agree with Pinbot, BOP, Taxi, WW, WH20- and I also add Cyclone to that list!
    WOF has a fun one too...
    BSD, JD, PF, RBION...

#18 12 years ago

Cyclone is pretty tough, even if I am just working on the skill shot.

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

I've played a Tommy where if you were short on the skillshot it was quite likely to hit the slings once or twice and drain in the outlanes, so that's my nomination.

I can remember almost always falling to the ground on the Tommy, thus missing the skilshot, so that one for sure is difficult. But I guess it depends a lot on the tightness of the plunger with these manual plungers. The skillshot on our TZ is not that hard to hit, but I can remember playing a TZ with such a tight plunger, it was almost impossible to make the shot. So if you look at it that way it's hard to define the pin with the toughest skillshot., it depends a lot on the adjustment of the plunger.

#20 12 years ago

WOF and WH20 definately!

#21 12 years ago

I agree with BoP, Black Rose, and Whirlwind. And I hate congo's skill shot. Love the game, skill shot sucks.

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from Martijn:

The skillshot on our TZ is not that hard to hit, but I can remember playing a TZ with such a tight plunger, it was almost impossible to make the shot.

A lot of people have the wrong spring in their TZ's (guilty as charged). The tension of the spring has a huge effect on the skill shot difficulty. On my TZ, it's very easy to overshoot the ball. I kind of like it that way. The only problem is that newbies will come over and not even realize there is a skill shot. They fire the ball full force, and that can't be good for the scoop in the long run.

#23 12 years ago

Clearly, most of you guys have never played Wheel of Fortune! That skill shot HAS to be the hardest.

#24 12 years ago

who dunnit? the best and hardest.

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

They fire the ball full force, and that can't be good for the scoop in the long run.

Yeah - that's not a good thing. You should probably change it out with a weaker spring - people putting the wrong spring on their TZ plunger is the reason there's such a market for replacement scoops :-/

On a related note, a few weeks ago, my friend came over, noted "the plunger seems really weak" and said that on his first game, he was pushing the plunger in to get as much force on the ball as you would on other machines x_x..... since then, the plunger hasn't moved quite as smoothly

#26 12 years ago

I own TZ and WH2O and those don't seem as tough as Southpark. Not sure I ever hit the right target.

#27 12 years ago

Bally's Mr & Mrs Pacman has a very difficult skill shot. You need to plunge the ball just hard enough for the ball to stall in exactly the right place at the top of a loop on the playfield, and then drop down into a saucer, This starts the Pac-Maze game, but with "Pacman Aggressive", so you can chase the red lamp (Ghost) on the grid and catch it (eat it?) for lots of points.
    Very hard to get just the right amount of force on the plunger to do this.

#28 12 years ago

Ya know, on WH2O, if the ramps and stuff aren't perfectly aligned, skill shot- made every time . Found this out accidentally... the ball just stops and doesn't go down to the playfield.

#29 12 years ago

Gotta be those calling for a precision shot of the ball at speed. Or at least a quick catch and shoot.

WH2O, AFM, MM, ...

#30 12 years ago

RBION can be dangerous and difficult

#31 12 years ago

The really HARD one is the 'Flipper' skill shot on THE LORD of the RINGS. I would say that is the most difficult one I have come across.

1 year later
    #32 10 years ago

My NEW FAVORITE SKILL SHOT, just finished shopping my friends POTC for him and never really played much of it... Now besides being a great game I think it may have the best skill shot of all time.

SUPER DUPER SKILL SHOT - 10,000,000 incredibly hard but we managed to get it 3 times last night

if you dont know what it is you need to short plunge, then with the right flipper hit the left side lane thing where special is then have it loop across the playfield and down the right side lane special.

#33 10 years ago

The Tron Gem skill shot!

#34 10 years ago

Wheel of Fortune.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from fusion301:

My NEW FAVORITE SKILL SHOT, just finished shopping my friends POTC for him and never really played much of it... Now besides being a great game I think it may have the best skill shot of all time.
    SUPER DUPER SKILL SHOT - 10,000,000 incredibly hard but we managed to get it 3 times last night
    if you dont know what it is you need to short plunge, then with the right flipper hit the left side lane thing where special is then have it loop across the playfield and down the right side lane special.

This is a good one.

#36 10 years ago

can't say which is the hardest, but in the other way, one of the easiest & funniest (& even original) should be PINBALL MAGIC

#37 10 years ago

Yeah, the super skill shot on POTC is very tough.

#38 10 years ago

Twister. It's pretty hard to land the ball just right on that magnet.

#39 10 years ago

Arena.

Very hard, more luck than skill, and extremely unbalanced (1,000,000 points, instead of 25/50k)

#40 10 years ago

4 Million B.C., Taxi, and Whirlwind are tough. TOTAN, not quite as much, as long as you're paying attention to which ball drop target is lit. I blame the alcohol

#41 10 years ago

dungeons and dragons...

#42 10 years ago

WOF is probably the hardest and very rewarding because the shot is difficult and then you have to hit the hole target to solve the puzzle to get the full worth of the skill shot. As well the bonuses increase with the more skill shots you can make in a game. One of the best features in the game.

#43 10 years ago

Spiderman can be tough hitting the ramp just right, and Pinball Magic is interesting with the multiple options and getting it in the top hat... but the hardest is NGG. I can do the left ramp and slam ramp combo, and very rarely actually hit the Hole In One shot, but that's not the actual skill shot. I still have yet to figure out how to accurately and consistently hit the skill shot target located above the slam ramp, since the angle from the shoot lane is for the ramp and not the target 2" below it.

#44 10 years ago

CSI can be pretty fussy ...

#45 10 years ago

Getting my wife and her friend into bed is a hard Skillshot

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from thunderking50:

Getting my wife and her friend into bed is a hard Skillshot

Guess i'm ahead of ya on that one...

once ya get past the 3rd time its easy after that

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gerry:

Guess i'm ahead of ya on that one...
    once ya get past the 3rd time its easy after that

#48 10 years ago

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Super Secret Skill Shot on FGY . . . that shot is bull crap to hit. I owned that game for three years and hit that skill shot maybe once a year.

It is achieved by immediately shooting the ball through the Super Jackpot tunnel from the upper flipper off the plunge. If you can hit that regularly you are a good among us.

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Super Secret Skill Shot on FGY . . . that shot is bull crap to hit. I owned that game for three years and hit that skill shot maybe once a year.
    It is achieved by immediately shooting the ball through the Super Jackpot tunnel from the upper flipper off the plunge. If you can hit that regularly you are a good among us.

I never knew that......
    Now to try it out.

#50 10 years ago

Although not a skill shot the 3-way combo / air raid siren is tough to hit in Whirlwind.

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toughest-skill-shot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.