• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN6028 (resized).JPG
DSCN6027 (resized).JPG
image-4 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darcy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Where some games keep you coming back for more because you came this close to winning, some of his early games must have gobbled up coins because you came this close to having maybe one or two good ball times.

What you stated is to me, a mark of really good design. A pin must have that I almost got it feel, to be fun.

If a player can roll the game every 2nd time, then the game is to easy. Design it to hard then a player might only play it a dozen times or so.

#4 3 years ago

Ted Zale did design some tough games. A spinning disc, just wow, on FireBall. Then if you move to some fast playing SS pin like F-14 a Steve R. design.
It would depend on what is relative to a players ability. Look at Pin*Bot that game kicked many pinball players ass's when it was new. I can remember loosing many quarters in that bastard game, but yet, I have owned one for over 6 years.

#5 3 years ago

If one was to look at those Gottliebs by Wayne Neyens. That era 1958 to 1970, those games mainly had a score reel which topped out at 1999. With a 1000 point lamp. It would be a very rare day to roll one of those pins on 5 balls, now getting the 'Replay' was attainable.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darcy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside