March 2005 045 (resized).jpg
March 2005 029 (resized).jpg
March 2005 119 (resized).jpg
March 2005 117 (resized).jpg
March 2005 153 (resized).jpg
March 2005 139 (resized).jpg
March 2005 144 (resized).jpg
March 2005 145 (resized).jpg

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Yeah, I'd have to say the same for my collection as well. Except for High Speed; my first pin and easily one of the first I remember playing (born in '74). Was more of a vid kid, growing up and didn't really get into pinball at the arcades until DMD's showed up. I've been exploring pre-90's pins like crazy since getting into the hobby 8+ years ago and appreciating the gameplay I missed/ignored! Awesome pins throughout the decades, imho.
Quintette was excellent but beat me up too much. Sold her. That said, not a big fan of gobble holes.
» YouTube video

Are you Russell Peters Body Guard in Brampton? He's gotta have someone, around his age, from his hometown.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Quintette was excellent but beat me up too much. Sold her. That said, not a big fan of gobble holes.
» YouTube video

I love Quintette. Yes, tough! but fair
You just have to suck it up and say 'thank you sir may I have another'.

#103 6 years ago

have yet to get 3 jokers in a game of riverboat.
agrees about el toro
looking forward to having a moulin rouge in the house soon

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from singlezero:

have yet to get 3 jokers in a game of riverboat.

3 Jokers not so difficult, but lighting all the rest of the cards is next to impossible. I haven't done that yet. Tough game for sure.

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Moulin Rouge looks tough, but check out all the exits on Trade Winds.

So I've been playing my Trade Winds after a recent extensive rebuild/refurb and find the outlanes not as bad as they look. Invariably the slightest nudges get the ball back to the flippers. I end up losing the ball down the middle more than anything which still makes it a tough game to play.

I've made it to Tahiti a few times but have only mustered 2 or 3 replays and it is a rare occurrence.

#106 6 years ago

Put some longer leg levelers on the back and give it some more pitch and that trip to Tahiti will be an even rarer occurrence .

#107 6 years ago

Posted Drop a Card as toughest on here a while ago, but have a new champ. 4 Roses, 1962 Williams reverse wedge. Gobble holes are bad enough, but outlanes are such ball vacuums that the previous owner screwed a plastic post with rubber ring to the side of each outlane to reduce it to just the width of the ball, and did it in three places. After removing the offending posts, game is a real challenge. You can see the filled holes in the pics.

2017-09-15 17.34.53 (resized).jpg2017-09-15 17.34.53 (resized).jpg

2017-09-13 21.52.05 (resized).jpg2017-09-13 21.52.05 (resized).jpg

2017-09-15 17.37.37 (resized).jpg2017-09-15 17.37.37 (resized).jpg

#108 6 years ago

I'm not sure any of those Williams from the early and mid 60s were particularly easy. None of mine are.

1 week later
#109 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Moulin Rouge looks tough, but check out all the exits on Trade Winds.

Egads! My thinking about layouts like these is that on the plus side they make for a tough game (which I like) but can also shift the balance between skill and luck towards luck (which I don't like). Of course I could be wrong in this assessment. Maybe my perception of needing luck is actually an indication of a growth edge for my skills. I can remember when pinball in general seemed to require more luck than it actually does. It's not until someone shows me an approach that I had not tried or thought of that a degree of luck shows itself to be surmountable with the refinement of skill.

#110 6 years ago

Both "Moulin Rouge" and "Trade Winds" are superb players. Challenging, but not impossible to beat.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Kansas City, MO
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, TN
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toughest-em-machine-in-you-collection/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.