Aug 25th 2004 045 (resized).jpg
Aug 25th 2004 044 (resized).jpg
Genco Silver Chest 400 1 (resized).jpg
silver chest:golden nugget (resized).jpg
Jumpin Jacks (resized).jpg
Genco letter from Myron Gensburg (resized).jpg
Genco 400 advertising 1 (resized).jpg
400 (resized).jpg
There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 7 years ago

*I've never played, or have even seen, a real bingo. Just here and on YouTube.

#102 7 years ago

I played bingo pinball machines for over 25 years on route. I twice won 2400 replays on two different days. Talk about Accomplishments.
Quarter machine paid out $650 each time.

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Looks like the meter in them Williams games are identical to bingo pinball meters. Those types of meters don't have a knocker sound like a pinball machine does, but still sound cool.
I can't image playing off 200 plus games a woodrail pinball machine.
Could a player actually achieve such a task and win 200 replays. Must be near impossible. I wonder if a player could cash the 200 plays in for a money payout like on the bingos if they did make 5 stars somehow.

Genco had a line of vertical pinball machines that started with the "400" in 1952. The "400" was referring to the 400 bonus replays that one could earn for a perfect game. They also made a Jumpin' Jacks, Golden Nugget, and the last of the line was the Silver Chest. All gave ridiculous payouts if you hit the Super Specials. I currently have the 400 and Silver Chest and never ever came close to a perfect game, even with the opportunities to buy extra balls. A neat piece of history is the letter, signed by Genco president, Myron Gensburg, promoting how this game can take in "7 coins every 45 seconds." A patron can lose his lunch money very quickly...

400 (resized).jpg400 (resized).jpg

Genco 400 advertising 1 (resized).jpgGenco 400 advertising 1 (resized).jpg

Genco letter from Myron Gensburg (resized).jpgGenco letter from Myron Gensburg (resized).jpg

Jumpin Jacks (resized).jpgJumpin Jacks (resized).jpg

silver chest:golden nugget (resized).jpgsilver chest:golden nugget (resized).jpg

Genco Silver Chest 400 1 (resized).jpgGenco Silver Chest 400 1 (resized).jpg

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from oldcarz:

Genco had a line of vertical pinball machines that started with the "400" in 1952. The "400" was referring to the 400 bonus replays that one could earn for a perfect game. They also made a Jumpin' Jacks, Golden Nugget, and the last of the line was the Silver Chest. All gave ridiculous payouts if you hit the Super Specials. I currently have the 400 and Silver Chest and never ever came close to a perfect game, even with the opportunities to buy extra balls. A neat piece of history is the letter, signed by Genco president, Myron Gensburg, promoting how this game can take in "7 coins every 45 seconds." A patron can lose his lunch money very quickly...

Those are beautiful! I suppose that little chance of 400 wins kept them coming back!

Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I played bingo pinball machines for over 25 years on route. I twice won 2400 replays on two different days. Talk about Accomplishments.
Quarter machine paid out $650 each time.

2400? That's amazing. I wonder what machine had the chance to win the most. That win would have to be close. ??

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Those are beautiful! I suppose that little chance of 400 wins kept them coming back!

2400? That's amazing. I wonder what machine had the chance to win the most. That win would have to be close. ??

The 2400 replays I won on the Bally's 1978 six car bingo pinball machine Dixieland was on a five in a line on the sixth car, which is not the biggest amount of replays a player can win on this game.

Actually if a player gets the double/double feature lit on the 3rd and 6th cards a player can win a total of 3360 replays by making 4 corners on both the 3rd and 6th cards and having the magic number made is a must. This amount of replays could be the highest on any Bingo ever manufactured. The player also has to beat the double or nothing feature to win the 3360 replays.

The pay out for the 3360 replays would be a quarter per replay which equals a whopping $840 for only dropping the max of $2.75 for the 5 ball game. No extra balls on Dixieland.

Aug 25th 2004 044 (resized).jpgAug 25th 2004 044 (resized).jpg

Aug 25th 2004 045 (resized).jpgAug 25th 2004 045 (resized).jpg

Aug 25th 2004 049 (resized).jpgAug 25th 2004 049 (resized).jpg

Aug 25th 2004 051 (resized).jpgAug 25th 2004 051 (resized).jpg

Aug 25th 2004 054 (resized).jpgAug 25th 2004 054 (resized).jpg

Aug 25th 2004 053 (resized).jpgAug 25th 2004 053 (resized).jpg

Aug 25th 2004 055 (resized).jpgAug 25th 2004 055 (resized).jpg

Aug 25th 2004 056 (resized).jpgAug 25th 2004 056 (resized).jpg

#106 7 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

*I've never played, or have even seen, a real bingo. Just here and on YouTube.

Drive over sometime and see my collection and I'll show you how to play my Palm Springs Bingo.

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

The 2400 replays I won on the Bally's 1978 six car bingo pinball machine Dixieland was on a five in a line on the sixth car, which is not the biggest amount of replays a player can win on this game.
Actually if a player gets the double/double feature lit on the 3rd and 6th cards a player can win a total of 3360 replays by making 4 corners on both the 3rd and 6th cards and having the magic number made is a must. This amount of replays could be the highest on any Bingo ever manufactured. The player also has to beat the double or nothing feature to win the 3360 replays.
The pay out for the 3360 replays would be a quarter per replay which equals a whopping $840 for only dropping the max of $2.75 for the 5 ball game. No extra balls on Dixieland.

Vic, I didn't realize how long you've had your "Dixieland". Those are some old photos.

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Winning 200 replays on a game with the star feature.
http://www.ipdb.org/glossary.php#Star_Feature

Found a nice "Cue-Tee" recently. It would have been great if it was a "Star Pool". Are they a lot less common?

#109 7 years ago

Yeah...near 15 years ago maybe. I see Dave's Ice Revue and the Captain Fantastic I got From Bill's IBM friend. The Rockola and puck Bowler are long gone too.

#110 7 years ago

I think I've max replayed a game once, like Vic, it was Top Card. I think there might have been a credit or two on it when I started, though. Top Card has so many ways to collect the special, you can get two in the backdoor on the return lanes, as long as it doesn't go too far and roll out the outlane.

I don't think it's possible to roll a Royal Guard unless it's set up extremely easy. I've never come close. I've only scored over 7000 twice. The same goes for Ding Dong, and as noted it's tough to light all the words in both directions, since they reset after a drain with the special lit. I think I've only done it once or twice.

I've owned River Boat quite awhile. I've lit all the cards many times, but I've also played it a ton. I can do it maybe once every 75 plays or so. Not easy to do.

Rolling Atlantis not easy. I've done it four times, I believe.

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Are they a lot less common?

They are all less common.

#112 7 years ago

I just achieved a first on Teacher's Pet. I plunged a ball and helplessly shook and slapped and watched as it made its way to the outhole without scoring a single point.

EM ball save activate!

#113 7 years ago

I once played a game on "Card Trix" and ended up with a score of 00,000. Well, actually 100,000 exactly! The score reels didn't have to budge when I started the next game!
Also had games on "Bowling Queen", and "Cross Town" where I won a replay every possible way. Four ways on each game.

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Wow back then in today's dollars, that would be....a lot! I wonder who got more excited when they won, the player or the bar owner?

#115 7 years ago

Got all the numbers lit on Buckaroo today. I am sure I've done it before. But just don't recall. Anyway officially mark me down on this accomplishment as of today.

2 years later
#116 4 years ago

Hello,

I find a Pinball 21 from williams 1960
do you know where i can find the schematic diagram? or if someone have for me?
i will restore it

IMG_3424 (resized).JPGIMG_3424 (resized).JPGIMG_3426 (resized).JPGIMG_3426 (resized).JPG
#117 4 years ago

Starting the 10,000 point Doodle Bug on..... Doodle Bug.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from christophe_china:

Hello,
i will restore it[quoted image][quoted image]

Funny that you posted your request on this thread because winning a replay via "special" on "21" is very tough to do.

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from christophe_china:

Hello,
i will restore it[quoted image][quoted image]

I have one, but have you tried PBR?
Great game, art, sounds etc.. and unique in most EM collections I'd bet. Some games you'll need to try to drain your last couple/few balls to win. Go over 21 and now you've probably blown your chance at winning on score. Real poker strategy.
Probably in my top 3 or 4 of the pins I've played.

#120 4 years ago

Toughest EM accomplishment is sneaking another into the house w/o the wife knowing.

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Starting the 10,000 point Doodle Bug on..... Doodle Bug.

Didn't have mine long, but never even came close. Except that one miracle time when the play field glass was off.

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Didn't have mine long, but never even came close. Except that one miracle time when the play field glass was off.

I have never owned it. I have had Dipsy Doodle for over 5 years and it’s hard enough to advance it from 10 to 100. Let alone two more advances to reach 10,000.

#123 4 years ago

Doodle Bug was very tough. Had one once and just getting the Doodle Bug going for more than a few seconds was hard. That is a challenging game.

#124 4 years ago

Without question one of the hardest accomplishments (although not a designer goal) on any game I have bought, restored, and played as new is the Sky Jump 'super special'. Your goal is simple, on any ONE ball, drop the targets in a progressive (descending as well) sequence as a line of seven (7) drops in a row, either 1..7, or 2..1, or 3..2, etc. (or backwards as mentioned) with the red dot being lit for each target dropped. To say its hard is an understatement. You must be good at getting plunger shot where you want it, then lighting either in sequence or all at once the roll overs, then being very good at target shooting. You can go about it a number of ways of course as you can in many games. This one takes a TON of skill, patience, of course some luck, and of course patience. Lobs, post passing, trapping, tip shots, even an inlane up the alley rollover will help. This game gets overlooked so much, its a big win in my collection for all players and sightseers as well.

#125 4 years ago

I don’t care what the task is, if the game has inlanes, it’s immediately out of contention for toughest EM accomplishment. Haha.

#126 4 years ago

Scoring 4 corners on a Bingo machine is another tough one.

#127 4 years ago

Gulfstream - beating my all time high 377,040 on 3 ball play. Playfield angle is 7 degrees, all posts set on conservative... with the posts surrounding the center target beyond conservative (drilled new post holes). Clear coated PF Provides ultra fast action... plays over 1000 games in the last several months, only scored over 300K twice.

1 week later
#128 4 years ago

Gulfstream was another EM I had in the past. Very fun game.

1 year later
#129 3 years ago

Royal Flush / Card Whiz: Getting all the bonus lights lit. Finally sold mine, couldn't handle the punishment.

#130 3 years ago

Getting 15 sweet replay knocks on my gobble holed Lightning Ball. 3 on score and another dozen on name contacts.

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toughest-em-accomplishments/page/3?hl=dcrand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.