• 126 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by NoQuarters
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

• 21 Williams, 1960

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3424 (resized).JPG
IMG_3426 (resized).JPG
Aug 25th 2004 056 (resized).jpg
Aug 25th 2004 055 (resized).jpg
Aug 25th 2004 053 (resized).jpg
Aug 25th 2004 054 (resized).jpg
Aug 25th 2004 051 (resized).jpg
Aug 25th 2004 049 (resized).jpg
Aug 25th 2004 045 (resized).jpg
Aug 25th 2004 044 (resized).jpg
Genco Silver Chest 400 1 (resized).jpg
silver chest:golden nugget (resized).jpg
Jumpin Jacks (resized).jpg
Genco letter from Myron Gensburg (resized).jpg
Genco 400 advertising 1 (resized).jpg
400 (resized).jpg

There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 2 years ago

What are your toughest one, two or three EM goals/accomplishments?

In my collection, I'd have to say... in no particular order:
1) Atlantis - scoring over 100k/rolling the reels. Never's happened.
2) Wagon Train - lightning both feathers. Happened twice.
3) Buckaroo - lighting all seven numbers. Happened twice.

Honorable mention to Quintette. I hit the 1-6 bumpers once, but it's my newest pin.

There are some tough 'modes' to conquer with EMs!

#2 2 years ago

Rack-A-Ball/Bowling Queen...collecting all 10 (ahem...12) balls.
Gigi...winning at all.
Majorettes...ditto.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/contact/
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

Rack-A-Ball/Bowling Queen...collecting all 10 balls.
Gigi...winning at all.
Majorettes...ditto.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/contact/
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

12 balls on BQ or RAB

And tough, tough, tough to do!

#4 2 years ago

Can't win on GiGi?? C'mon, Chris!

I'll tell you what's hard... getting all 5 'advances' on Gigi.

#5 2 years ago

All numbers on Buckaroo, for sure. I'd love to play a really nice, snappy version of Buckaroo sometime. The local one is a little noodly.

#6 2 years ago

We played some pretty tough EMs at o-dins last weekend
including WMS Pinky and Struggle Buggies, Darts was hard also.
BLY Magic Circle is deceptively easy looking but much harder to
actually complete the 1 thru 5 mushroom bumper sequence

#7 2 years ago

Spotting all the lanes in Kings & Queens

#8 2 years ago

T-A-R-G-E-T
on Lady Robin Hood.

#9 2 years ago

Hitting roto-target 1,2,3,5,6,7 then 4 on Spin Out.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

All numbers on Buckaroo, for sure. I'd love to play a really nice, snappy version of Buckaroo sometime. The local one is a little noodly.

I'm lucky to have bought my beautiful example from Boilerman, and it's snappy! Newcomers walk straight up to it not even looking at the other pins. First one they walk up to anyway.

#11 2 years ago

Never played a lot of the pins mentioned, but it's awesome that there are these simple EMs with goals that are so hard to achieve. I admit I put my tilt bobs out-of -order, but I don't nudge too much really.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Noodly? What is noodly? Just curious. Thanks in advance.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

Noodly? What is noodly? Just curious. Thanks in advance.

Limp rubbers, floppy, weak flippers, floaty play field angle, that overall mushy feel.

#14 2 years ago

Lighting all the cards on River Boat. Scoring a special on 21. Getting to Tahiti on Trade Winds. Blowing your top on Heat Wave. Rolling Big Daddy. Serenade, getting points.

Quoted from pinwiztom:

WMS Pinky and Struggle Buggies

Nobody's completed all the shots on either of those since I've owned them.
That's why I keep them around.

#15 2 years ago

I saw the Forum Topic more broadly:
-restraining the impulse to expand my collection;
-prioritising restos to first in rather than last in; &
-finding space.

#16 2 years ago

getting the doodle bug lit to 10k and keeping it lit.

#17 2 years ago

Things I have NEVER done on my games.

Sweet Add A Line - got all 16 rollovers to get the knocker to go off 26 times!

Mystic Marvel. Got all the numbers to light 3 lights for special and then collect.

Sunshine. Got all 14 numbers to light all rollover special. Also never gotten to be a GENIUS!

Capt Card. Not rolled it at 200000.

Ace High. Lit all cards to acquire 8 specials.

Lovely Lucy. Got the specials by unlighting pop bumpers 3 times and then hitting rollover.

Shows how tough these games are as I am a reasonable player!

#18 2 years ago

My toughest EM accomplishment was to NOT buy the last cheap "project" pin that I came across.

(damn I should have bought it!)

#19 2 years ago

Hitting all ten drops at the right time on Far Out...

#20 2 years ago

Having a ball last more than 10 seconds on Oklahoma....

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

I saw the Forum Topic more broadly:
-restraining the impulse to expand my collection;
-prioritising restos to first in rather than last in; &
-finding space.

No s--t...can't agree more....

#22 2 years ago

On Sing Along (or Melody) getting all 4 color sequences of 1,2,3,4 lit is always a tough challenge
-M

#23 2 years ago

My toughest e-m accomplishments have got to be lifting, moving, and loading/unloading the 4-player heads of Gottlieb's Jack-in-the-Box, and Spin Wheel, by myself without throwing out my back, and not damaging the backboxes.

I knew I had accomplished something after those tasks each and every time.
Glad I didn't give myself a hernia either.

#24 2 years ago

Gulfstream, getting the 4 corners lit. 2 Free games when u do. I think I have only done it twice sense I owned the game.

#25 2 years ago

Getting my Cyprus Gardens Bingo or Vanguard Gun game working would be mine

--Jeff

#26 2 years ago

Rolling Royal Guard.

#27 2 years ago

I fit a 6 player shuffle alley and dolly in my car!

shuffle in car 1 small (resized).jpg
shuffle in car 3 small (resized).jpg
shuffle in car 2 small (resized).jpg

#28 2 years ago

My toughest EM accomplishment... Getting my wife to understand my need to purchase just one more EM pin.

#29 2 years ago

Completely shopping out an EM after it has been sitting for 30 years. Someone introduced me to this tool and it works great.

image (resized).jpg

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

My toughest EM accomplishment... Getting my wife to understand my need to purchase just one more EM pin.

Lol...we probably need to put a list of excuses together and place in our wallets for wuick reference when being questioned. L

#31 2 years ago

@OP Was "toughest accomplishments" meant to be scoring/playing accomplishments, or repair?

My most recent had to be sneaking one more wedge head in a corner that other machines wouldn't fit and explaining that it wad just "dead space" otherwise...

Rereading OP, I'm guessing you meant just scoring etc. Sorry.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

On Sing Along (or Melody) getting all 4 color sequences of 1,2,3,4 lit is always a tough challenge
-M

Got them all lit on Melody once, and then I drained.

Never rolled Melody over. Nobody in my house has.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

@OP Was "toughest accomplishments" meant to be scoring/playing accomplishments, or repair?

I was thinking about scoring and objectives in game play, but all of these other accomplishments sound tough too!

People may falsely hear about ems being slow, not challenging etc...but the truth is we've got some 'wizard' modes in these old beauties

The newer pin folks talk about never getting to certain modes to complete, well on Quintette...you'd need to hit 1-6 pops sequentially, then make all four lanes roll overs, all while trying to avoid 5 gobble holes initially, but then you'd need to drain in 4 specific gobbles to light all five (one is spotted). That ain't happening most likely in my lifetime.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Things I have NEVER done on my games.
Sweet Add A Line - got all 16 rollovers to get the knocker to go off 26 times!
Mystic Marvel. Got all the numbers to light 3 lights for special and then collect.
Sunshine. Got all 14 numbers to light all rollover special. Also never gotten to be a GENIUS!
Capt Card. Not rolled it at 200000.
Ace High. Lit all cards to acquire 8 specials.
Lovely Lucy. Got the specials by unlighting pop bumpers 3 times and then hitting rollover.
Shows how tough these games are as I am a reasonable player!

Agreed! Add Spot-A-Card to the list. I have yet to break 700!

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Limp rubbers, floppy, weak flippers, floaty play field angle, that overall mushy feel.

I'm in Seattle tomorrow with my partner. We plan on hitting the Public Market along with the Seattle Pinball Museum. Any other suggestions for finding some pinball locations?

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

I'm in Seattle tomorrow with my partner. We plan on hitting the Public Market along with the Seattle Pinball Museum. Any other suggestions for finding some pinball locations?

It depends on where you're planning on going and how you plan to get there, but Add-A-Ball in Ballard has a nice collection in a really nifty space, Shorty's is pricey but it's fun to see the place that kept Seattle's pinball scene alive during the dry years, and Flip Flip Ding Ding in Georgetown has the best collection in the entire area, bar none. The owner keeps them like they're his personal collection, so they're all blinged out and play like butter. Georgetown also has some good eats - check out Maruta Shoten, which is just around the corner, for amazing sushi, and Jules Maes for their four-pin collection in the back (I think they have a Wheel of Fortune).

#37 2 years ago

Full Tilt Ice Cream in Ballard?

#38 2 years ago

Was under the impression that Slick Chick was tough to light all of the pop bumpers?

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

-M

Did it on "Sing Along", but hard to do on "Melody" because you'll likely drop into the holes resetting the completed ones before making them all. Racked 11 balls on "Bowling Queen" once, but never 12. Had all four outlanes only once as well (that's the key).
Beating "Sittin' Pretty" and lighting the specials on "Central Park" are both extremely difficult EM accomplishments. My brother once got all the drop targets on "Capt. Card". What's so unusual about that? Well, he made them all in individual groups one suit at a time! He also got the 5000 points on "Atlantis" for simultaneously dropping a white and blue drop target. What's so unusual about that? There were only two targets standing; the first one, and the last one! Somehow, the ball glanced off the lowest target and quickly went on to drop the uppermost target fast enough to register the 5000 points! Like making a 7-10 split in bowling!

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Spotting all the lanes in Kings & Queens

Did that once.

#41 2 years ago

Just picked one & and it's going to be awHile before I do it

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Vic Camp has done this several times. I witnessed it once.

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Did it on "Sing Along", but hard to do on "Melody" because you'll likely drop into the holes resetting the completed ones before making them all. Racked 11 balls on "Bowling Queen" once, but never 12. Had all four outlanes only once as well (that's the key).
Beating "Sittin' Pretty" and lighting the specials on "Central Park" are both extremely difficult EM accomplishments. My brother once got all the drop targets on "Capt. Card". What's so unusual about that? Well, he made them all in individual groups one suit at a time! He also got the 5000 points on "Atlantis" for simultaneously dropping a white and blue drop target. What's so unusual about that? There were only two targets standing; the first one, and the last one! Somehow, the ball glanced off the lowest target and quickly went on to drop the uppermost target fast enough to register the 5000 points! Like making a 7-10 split in bowling!

Yes Sittin' Pretty ranks right up there in difficulty. If you don't lite the pops by getting in those upper side lanes you can forget a high score. And those lanes are dang near impossible to get in to. And hitting all the roto numbers is a bear!!

On Atlantis, that happened to me once and I thought there was an issue. But soon realized ANY two drops of blue and white will do it. Pretty neat trick to make the 'split'. I always wonder (while playing it) why Atlantis was the only pin to have that double hit bonus feature.

#44 2 years ago

Another hard EM accomplishment. Went through a whole Jacks Open game and did not lose a ball trying to trap it.

#45 2 years ago

Here are some hard EM accomplishments on games that I own.

1) Williams Heat Wave: Getting max points on the single drop target.
2) Bally Rocket III: Visiting Mercury through Neptune in one game.
3) Gottlieb Atlantis: Getting 5,000 points three times on the drop target bank before resetting the targets.
4) Gottlieb North Star: Scoring 2,000+ points
5) Gottlieb Royal Guard: Scoring 10,000+ points

Marcus

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Gottlieb Atlantis: Getting 5,000 points three times on the drop target bank before resetting the targets.

Wow, ok, a new challenge for Atlantis. I think the game is mastered when you've got that one down

#47 2 years ago

My "toughest accomplishment" was adding drop targets to my Gottlieb "Super Spin".

superspin (resized).JPG

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Was under the impression that Slick Chick was tough to light all of the pop bumpers?

Not so much.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from fordtudoor:

My "toughest accomplishment" was adding drop targets to my Gottlieb "Super Spin".

You must be Jim Copeland. Also an Ohioan. If not, Jim did the exact same thing many years ago. An article and photos appeared in an old issue of the Pinball Trader.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 49.00
$ 799.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 87.00
$ 269.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside