• Buy Lord of the Rings 6 votes
    6%
  • Wait for next CGC remake announcement (Q1/Q2 2018) 8 votes
    7%
  • Wait for JJP pin #4 to be announced (Q4 2017) 3 votes
    3%
  • Buy No Good Gofers and roughly save $5,000 - $6,000 2 votes
    2%
  • Buy two really good pins (Theater of Magic & The Simpsons Pinball Party for example) 26 votes
    24%
  • Buy three to four decent pins 14 votes
    13%
  • Save your money and stuff your 401K 6 votes
    6%

(108 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider afm95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I hope all of you had a great Labor Day weekend. I recently sold my Jurassic Park last week and I am having a tough time figuring out what to replace it with. I'm not big into buying and selling pins, so I'd like to make my next title last at least a few years.

Before you answer my question by comment and/or poll, I ask you to read my brief background and description on what's important to me when purchasing a pin. In no particular order:

* My current collection - NBA Fastbreak and an AFMr LE (which is the game that got me into pinball back in 1995)
* I'm not a super serious player, but I am competitive, enjoy improving my skills and I like a semi-deep & challenging game.
* My brother (who shares the pinball bug with me) and family are important. I don't buy the games only for myself, but enjoy watching my Dad, wife and other friends & family walk up to the games with no experience and enjoy playing pinball.
* Budget - Up to $9,500

If I had choose right now, my choice would be WOZ. It's the one that gravitates to me most, has a deep rule set and has a friendly theme for family and friends. I believe it would also appeal to the novice player, even though it could seem complicated.

With that said, the two other pins at the top of my list would be Dialed In and LOTR. In my opinion, Dialed In is just as good as WOZ even though they are different games. I fear that DI might be a little more confusing for novice players like my wife and Dad. In the case of LOTR, this would be more for my brother since he LOVES the game. I'm not into the theme as much, but do enjoy playing it.

Thoughts?

I look forward to reading your suggestions, comments and opinions below. Thanks everyone!

1 week later
#27 6 years ago

I want to thank everyone for their feedback and input. After lots of contemplation, I have decided to go with a WOZ. Knowing that I like the game a lot, I decided it was the safest play. Worst case scenario as one seller mentioned, I can always try to sell it down the road if needed.

Thanks again everyone!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.00
$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

4,800 (OBO)
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 91.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider afm95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tough-time-deciding-my-next-pin?tu=afm95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.