(Topic ID: 312353)

Tough Choice - Keep nice Pinbot or project Bride of Pinbot?

By too-many-pins

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Tough Choice - Keep nice Pinbot or project Bride of Pinbot?”

• Keep you Pinbot 14 votes
      45%
    • Keep Bride of Pinbot 4 votes
      13%
    • Keep both and sell your stupid Silverball Mania 13 votes
      42%

(31 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220318_151647 (resized).jpg
    20220308_111909 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

We are trying to pick the next three machines to sell and I have a couple hard choices to make. One comes down to which Pinbot to keep. For years I have liked Pinbot and I have owned several of them. Every time I had the chance to upgrade I kept upgrading my Pinbot and I finally have one in very nice condition that plays great. But a few years ago (in one of my bulk purchases) I ended up with a "players grade" Bride of Pinball. (I have purchases a better looking used helmet and a couple better used ramps for it but we have not done much on it yet. So the Bride of Pinbot is basically a project machine).

If you had to pick between the two machines which would you keep and which would you sell? And if you were selling the Bride of Pinbot would you sell it as it sits or would you put the better parts on it and shop it out before listing it for sale.

I realize this post is going to bring the "trolls" out again and I really don't care. I am just finding it hard to part with my nice Pinbot to keep a project Bride of Pinbot but I also realize the Bride of Pinbot is really the better of the two machines. So this one is a tough one for me.

THANKS GUYS! Please try to keep this on point and just give me your thoughts if you were in my shoes. I really don't want to get into more debates or BS. I am just looking for your honest opinion and if you feel strongly one way or another let me know why.

Since Bride of Pinbot is more or less a project machine we have not played it enough to know how much we really like it. So I hate to sell a machine I like to discover I kept the wrong machine. Hopefully the answers here will help me with this one.

#2 2 years ago

Pinbot easy.

BOP has the sounds but the gameplay is so lacking is hurts.

#3 2 years ago

I got a Pinbot right now and while it certainly has its charms it’s just as repetitive as it’s Sequel. The best of the three is jackbot and it’s not even close.

I’d probably keep Bride if I had the choice of two nice ones.

If I had a super nice Pinbot and project bride I wouldn’t bother investing time and money into the bride. Sell it at a profit and let someone else deal with it.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

...The best of the three is jackbot and it’s not even close.

light years ahead

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I got a Pinbot right now and while it certainly has its charms it’s just as repetitive as it’s Sequel. The best of the three is jackbot and it’s not even close.
    I’d probably keep Bride if I had the choice of two nice ones.
    If I had a super nice Pinbot and project bride I wouldn’t bother investing time and money into the bride. Sell it at a profit and let someone else deal with it.

That is exactly what I was thinking. ESPECIALLY since the Pinbot is not only nice but it was also fully shopped out and gone through a couple years ago. Likely around 30 hours invested in doing that full shop job, board work, connectors repined, etc. The Bride still needs all of that and even after it was finished it will not be near as nice as the Pinbot

If we had a Jackbot I would not have had to ask the question. Sadly the newest "BOT" is the Bride.

#6 2 years ago

Anyone else with any thoughts on this?

#7 2 years ago

I've had all three and I would keep PinBot myself.

#8 2 years ago

I added a poll just for the heck of it. Another thought I have is to sell our Silverball Mania and keep both of the Bots until we make the next cut. My issue is I love the art on those old Bally machines and also Silverball Mania has that unique kickback between the flippers. I don't "love" Silverball Mania but I do like it a lot. Especially the backglass and cabinet art.

#9 2 years ago

Silverball Mania is all looks for me; bottom of classic Ballys for me (play wise).

#10 2 years ago

Bride is pretty boring IMO, I'd take Pinbot over it for sure, especially for the money Bride seems to fetch.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Silverball Mania is all looks for me; bottom of classic Ballys for me (play wise).

The "toughest" Classic Bally for me is Nitro Groundshaker. I am an old drag racer so I love the backglass art on Nitro but I have owned 5 of them and have never been able to keep one. I finally gave up and just kept a fantastic backglass to hang on the wall.

I don't really think any of the classic Bally machines are worth keeping for just the gameplay but some of the art makes it tough to let some of them go.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

The "toughest" Classic Bally for me is Nitro Groundshaker. I am an old drag racer so I love the backglass art on Nitro but I have owned 5 of them and have never been able to keep one. I finally gave up and just kept a fantastic backglass to hang on the wall.
    I don't really think any of the classic Bally machines are worth keeping for just the gameplay but some of the art makes it tough to let some of them go.

There's a new rom to add multiball to Nitro Groundshaker...moderns it up a little bit

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

There's a new rom to add multiball to Nitro Groundshaker...moderns it up a little bit

That would help for sure. It is funny with me because I like a lot of slower playing EM & early SS machines but there are just some of them that feel so "lacking" and I don't even know why. Nitro & Nugent both fell into that category for me. I think better sound would also be a huge help for those two machines.

#14 2 years ago

I think is is going to come down to me setting up the Silverball Mania again and playing that and the Bride of Pinbot then deciding between the two of them. But as far as Pinbot goes I guess my instincts were correct in wanting to keep that over Bride of Pinbot. From the post here is seems most people who replied feel the same way.

THANKS! Skip

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

@thelaw, where does one get this rom?

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from grbgemen:

TheLaw, where does one get this rom?

It is likely best to contact him through messenger to get that answer. He might check back in on this post but you never know for sure.

#17 2 years ago

Pinbot is the better game but The Bride of Pinbot is better looking. For that reason guests will gravitate to The Bride. It is certainly more controversial and looks amazing when restored. Just having BoP is a topic of conversation. Keep them both and skip Jack*Bot. Sell Silverball Mania.
    20220308_111909 (resized).jpg20220308_111909 (resized).jpg20220318_151647 (resized).jpg20220318_151647 (resized).jpg

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Pinbot is the better game but The Bride of Pinbot is better looking. For that reason guests will gravitate to The Bride. It is certainly more controversial and looks amazing when restored. Just having BoP is a topic of conversation. Keep them both and skip Jack*Bot. Sell Silverball Mania .[quoted image][quoted image]

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Pinbot is the better game but The Bride of Pinbot is better looking. For that reason guests will gravitate to The Bride. It is certainly more controversial and looks amazing when restored. Just having BoP is a topic of conversation. Keep them both and skip Jack*Bot. Sell Silverball Mania.[quoted image][quoted image]

#20 2 years ago

Thanks to all! I decided it is time to let the Bride of Pinbot go and maybe the Silverball Mania will be next. I know 4 or 5 more machines have to leave to make room in the basement for a new office shortly. Figuring out what goes at this point is really starting to get hard. Since or final limit or number of machines is going to be around 6 total I don't think I can justify keeping Silverball Mania long term but I can enjoy the art for a little while longer.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tough-choice-keep-nice-pinbot-or-project-bride-of-pinbot?hl=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.