(Topic ID: 234854)

TouchMaster 7000 Issue

By SilverballSleuth

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I know this isn’t a pinball question - but I think there’s gotta be a couple people here that could answer this question.

I picked up at TouchMaster 7000 upright the other day for $20. When it turns on it states that a “Touch Screen Controller Not Found.”

I drilled the locks yesterday in hopes that I could simply reseat the connection and it would be fixed. Not the case. The touch screen controller has the green LED on indicating that it is getting enough power.

What’s the next thing to do? Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

#2 5 years ago

Couple things:

Is the controller serial connector connected to the CPU?

Touch the screen. Does the LED blink off and on when you touch the screen? It could be the touch screen. It could be the controller. I can’t really remember how to check them. That was many moons ago

In all honesty, I’d think you would be money ahead to convert it to an LCD so long as you could get a replacement monitor using the same drivers. Most everything now seems universal (thanks ELO) but a Touchmaster is older.

If I remember right, those were the RS 232 3M controllers in the off white case. I’ll check some old of our tech note books and see if I can’t dig up a controller or some more info.

#3 5 years ago

Hi there Ryan, thanks a bunch for your reply.

The connection is very tight, I cleaned it and it looks okay on my end.

The controller is absolutely in a white case, with a green LED.

I’ll check to see if the LED blinks when I touch the screen.

Thanks and look forward to hearing back from you.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Couple things:
    Is the controller serial connector connected to the CPU?
    Touch the screen. Does the LED blink off and on when you touch the screen? It could be the touch screen. It could be the controller. I can’t really remember how to check them. That was many moons ago
    In all honesty, I’d think you would be money ahead to convert it to an LCD so long as you could get a replacement monitor using the same drivers. Most everything now seems universal (thanks ELO) but a Touchmaster is older.
    If I remember right, those were the RS 232 3M controllers in the off white case. I’ll check some old of our tech note books and see if I can’t dig up a controller or some more info.

So - I started touching the screen with the game on to see if it blinked. The LED becomes much brighter when the touch screen is pressed.

#5 5 years ago

BUMP

#6 5 years ago

Bump

#7 5 years ago

Enter the game test mode and do a touchscreen calibration.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

So - I started touching the screen with the game on to see if it blinked. The LED becomes much brighter when the touch screen is pressed.

Sounds like you have a bad controller. I’ll look tomorrow or Friday when I’m at the shop. If I have one, I’ll never need it again and I’ll ship it to you.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Sounds like you have a bad controller. I’ll look tomorrow or Friday when I’m at the shop. If I have one, I’ll never need it again and I’ll ship it to you.

That’s fantastic, thank you so much.

Quoted from Mrjamma:

Enter the game test mode and do a touchscreen calibration.

Sadly, this did not work.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/touchmaster-7000-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.