• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

#2 10 years ago

Dang, what did you hit it with?

#3 10 years ago

They are not as large as you think.
I honestly couldn't tell you how the one above the plunger happened. Only my friend and I live here so no kids etc.
I think sweat took this off because its right where your palms rest. We don't wear rings nor watches.
The other small one was done by my belt. I was cleaning the glass (taking good care of my machine) when I heard metal against metal. I was so bummed. But again, they are not as large as the pics here look.

#4 10 years ago

With how small they are I would just take the lockdown bar in and have them try and paint match as close as possible. It won't be perfect but it will make it much less noticeable.

#5 10 years ago

I don't think I have a choice. My fear of the flake next to plunger is its going to get bigger because its where your palm rests.
I will have to keep a eye on it and make sure it doesn't grow much.
I know its only 2 minor spots, but I honestly do take care of my machine. Its my first new in box. I cover it from the sun even every day, so its kind of like getting a new car and someone scratches your paint 2 weeks in.

#6 10 years ago

It may be hard to match the powder coating. You can buy automotive touch up paint in the small touch up bottles. You will need to find a green/emerald, and a one with just clear in it. Buy a small paint brush do not use the brushes in the bottles. A few drops from each bottle on to a plastic or metal surface, blend them until you get the correct ratio of clear and the emerald. This may take some trial and error. The mixed paint will have to be painted on to your parts with very light coats. The photos show a metallic base color, the touch up will have to be translucent, to mimic the depth of shine. Allow drying time between the layers. Take your time.
Another way is to take the lock bar to a paint shop, have the lock bar scanned, by their paint sample machine. They may come up with a close match. With these methods the repair will always be a little different. You will see it every time, your friends should not notice it right away.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

You will see it every time, your friends should not notice it right away.

You hit it right on the head. Wish I could double thumbs up you!
I think I will try the car touch up paint route first. Thanks for the advice.

#8 10 years ago

There is a seller on eBay right now selling dark emerald green touch up paint for $11.23 with free shipping.
Might be close enough if those spots are small enough.

#9 10 years ago

HAve you tried contacting Jersey Jack to see if he will help you out with the color?

#10 10 years ago

How much is new bar from JJP?

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from arpman:

HAve you tried contacting Jersey Jack to see if he will help you out with the color?

I fear some people will say what are you wining about with 2 little spots, so no, I havent contacted them.
I know Jack is a very nice guy, but I cant justify contacting them for something I may or may not have done.
If either spot grows bigger I will have to take action to control it.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

How much is new bar from JJP?

I would be curious to find that out myself.
Lloyd, Alex or any other JJP person, if your reading this thread, do you have a cost of this powercoated lockdown bar?

#13 10 years ago

Go to a hobby shop and try a bottle of translucent green. It will give you good depth and the color from what is around the touch up spot will blend it in. It is less than 3 dollars to try. If it were me I would just leave well enough alone.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from wishiwas:

They are not as large as you think.
I honestly couldn't tell you how the one above the plunger happened. Only my friend and I live here so no kids etc.
I think sweat took this off because its right where your palms rest. We don't wear rings nor watches.
The other small one was done by my belt. I was cleaning the glass (taking good care of my machine) when I heard metal against metal. I was so bummed. But again, they are not as large as the pics here look.

Hi, Sweat isn't the culprit. Those are chips from being hit with something or being put down. So for example you take the lockdown bar off the game and drop it accidentally. The powder itself won't flake away. The bar can be redone, you don't need a new bar.

And DON'T try and buy paint. It won't adhere and won't match and will stick out like a sore thumb.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Hi, Sweat isn't the culprit. Those are chips from being hit with something or being put down. So for example you take the lockdown bar off the game and drop it accidentally. The powder itself won't flake away. The bar can be redone, you don't need a new bar.
And DON'T try and buy paint. It won't adhere and won't match and will stick out like a sore thumb.

PM sent

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
13,000 (OBO)
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/touching-up-small-paint-flakes-on-woz-powder-coating and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.