(Topic ID: 216608)

touching up a screen printed cabinet

By hocuslocus

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I have a sharkey's shootout I've been working on, on and off now for about 6 months btwn. other projects. I finished with the playfield and electronics, now I'm trying to move on to the cabinet.

problem is I'm not an artist. I've done some real minor touch up work in the past, but nothing spectacular.
There was some chipping in the front of the cabinet where some pieces of artwork are completely missing. I'm almost done filling it via bondo wood. Tried looking stuff up online but I can't really find anything that complex. Why am I spending all this time on a sharkey's u might ask.... Why not.

Also there was some button wear, I tried painting it but had some brush strokes show up. going to add lollipop rails anyway, but I wanted the practice because this seems common place on most older games since 90% of them were on route at some point.

Didn't see any of vids popular guides on this subject, but maybe I missed it.

Off topic - I need to make a plastic for one that's missing. I was able to get a scan for it from another pinsider. Whats the best method for cutting out new plastics if you don't have a cnc or laser cutting machine? Heard a bandsaw works pretty good.
wish I had the space for a laser machine... I've used a dremel, didn't turn out that great though.

#2 5 years ago

I have access to a laser cutter for one more week, if you PM me maybe I can help out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/touching-up-a-screen-printed-cabinet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.