1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I am having trouble booting up a gottlieb system 80a touchdown pinball. There is nothing on the displays, which do work. Only the playfield lights come on and are constantly on. The attract or normally blinking lights are not on with the exception of the "PASS" lights next to the 10 yard field goal on the field, not the P-A-S-S, where the letters are individual but rather the light that has the entire word on it. The lights on the backglass are also on. Z17 and U4 were getting extremely hot to the point where you could not keep your finger on them so I replaced them both. I also replaced the CPU just in case. All have been socketed. I also replaced the power supply with a new one (Gulf Pinball). The board had never had any work done. All of the solders were original and no parts ever replaced until now. No battery leaks. The board looks to be very clean. I checked all fuses including the section under the playfield. I don't know what else to check or replace. Any suggestions as to what I should do next? All help is greatly appreciated.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside