(Topic ID: 100762)

Totem Tilt Status at Startup

By malkneil

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Still debugging my Totem folks. I think I've made some inroads into understanding things. This one should be pretty simple to answer. When I start up my machine and things turn on after the 5 second delay, the back glass has the Tilt light illuminated and the play field lights are off. Is this the correct state? I'm thinking no but wanted to confirm. It seems after start/boot up the play field lights should be on and Tilt not illuminated on the back glass.

Seems like the tilt relay is getting energized as if the machine is tilted, but the ball tilt and plumb tilt both seem to be in good standing (normally closed and not touching).

Ideas?

#2 9 years ago

From http://www.pinrepair.com/sys1/

"Another unusual thing about Gottlieb is their coin door "slam" switch. This normally closed switch MUST be closed or a game won't start (heck the CPU board won't even really "boot" either). Unlike the other pinball manufacturers where their slam switch was normally open, Gottlieb (foolishly) choose to have their slam switch normally closed. This means if this switch is open, or the connectors/wiring from the CPU board to this switch are broken/corroded/failed, the game will NOT work! This is important to know as it's different than other pinball makers."

#3 9 years ago

If you have 5 sec delay - means it's NOT slam sw problem .

My suggestion is...

1. take OFF ball from outhole (playfield)
2. insert coin(s) and note are credit(s) added on credit display
3. press the credit button and check the first score blinking (zero )
4. press some rollover sw on the playfield and see result on display

- - - -
5. if you have DMM check voltage on driver board transistors (collector )
a) on lower LEFT corner ALL four ( write them individually )
b) next three
6. do you have G.I. lights on PLAYFIELD ?

Greetings from Croatia

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 7.50
1,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ajax, ON
3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totem-tilt-status-at-startup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.