Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

totan.jpg
IMG_3596Large_(Large).jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I was thinking of putting LEDs in my Totan, but I'm not sure about the look, or about the ghosting! Have any of you made this choice? Can you post a few pics? Did you have the "ghosting" problem?
Thanks!!!

#2 11 years ago

My old TOTAN

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#3 11 years ago

I love LEDs in it. I went a little crazy with Cointaker 5HP purples but like the look.

IMG_3596Large_(Large).jpgIMG_3596Large_(Large).jpg

#4 11 years ago

I am not an LED hater and think they make the machine look great and inserts really pop. I do however hate them in all of JPOP's games like TOM, TOTAN and CV because there are many times when all the inserts are going off at once and with LEDs it causes a strobe effect on the ball where it makes it very hard to see. Here is an interesting product you guys should check out and my friend convinced the creator to send him one to try out.

http://herg.homeip.net/ledocd/index.html

#5 11 years ago

not the best pic, but here is mine. mostly cointaker super brights

totan.jpgtotan.jpg

#6 11 years ago

here is mine

#7 11 years ago

It does help to get premiums put in as they can reduce the strobe. I know on addams family specifically there is a "flicker" option in the menu. I believe it is called that or something similar. This will help reduce the strobe effect, which can be brutal!

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from bluevegas:

here is mine
» YouTube video

Yeap...i'll this own over the clown puked one

#9 11 years ago

That huge tunnel of darkness makes the game unplayable. This is what spotlights are for.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeap...i'll this own over the clown puked one

say what?

#11 11 years ago

Sorry, should have read, "I'll take this ONE over the clown puked one."

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sorry, should have read, "I'll take this ONE over the clown puked one."

#13 11 years ago

I just finished doing mine. Used mostly cointaker superbrights, and a few other cointakers.

For the area on top of the playfield I used: Super purples under the rear-right pop domes, left ramp and bumpers right above the flippers. Super pinks just below those (I liked the contrast between the two). A green flex on the skill shot and a blue flex aimed at the genie. A flex slow color change in the left side below shooting stars and the matching one on the right side, both sort of aimed out from underneath and onto the PF. Other than that, all frosted super cool whites (they really make the plastic inserts above the PF punch up a lot, the details really come out). Other than that, it's really a matter of taste. I liked the purple down below by my flippers, and since I was going to have purple in the upper right for the pop bumpers, I figured it would look best to match that by putting purple in the upper left under the ramp.

The underplayfield lighting was mostly super cool whites, though I used a few colored ones to match the color of insert they were going under. Sometimes the color on color worked well, and other times it was better just to use cool white.

The backglass I used blue supers on the genie (2 were flexes I believe), and another flex for the flash spot. Between the genie and his upper hand I used an orange. Flex blue on the head of the peacock, flex greens for the tail, flex cyan for the rug above that. Red for the pants of the girl, orange and cool white mixed in amongst them, red flex for the flasher there. Blues in the top left, oranges for everything around the pillars and cool whites for everything else.

I'll try to get pics sometime soon.

2 months later
#14 10 years ago

Excellent job on the LEDS!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-with-leds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.