Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by FLpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Greetings! I recently traded my sweet TOM and a little cash for an equality sweet TOTAN. Now as someone who routinely racked up a billion+ on TOM I thought this other JPOP designed game would be just as easy. WRONG!!! I am getting my ass handed to me!!! Don't get me wrong..I love this game!!! But if I get 15M i am feeling good!!! Anyone else find things the same?

#2 10 years ago

TOTAN is much more about control than TOM is. Typically, I can flail away on TOM and still have a decent game, but TOTAN requires some tight shots that can be killer if you miss. Also knowing when to spin the lamp and not is key to scoring well. If you've got something like 12 spins on the lamp, go for it and try to collect a wish. It sends the ball way out of control, though, so you can't shoot for it all game.

Also, totally grab the bonus multipliers any_ time you can. Scoring well in the game is almost entirely bonus.

Have fun with it. It's the game that got me back into pinball, so it holds a special place for me!

#3 10 years ago

I've had my TOTAN for maybe 6-8 weeks or so. It is a much more difficult game than I thought it would be (especially if I self-impose a 'don't use a wish for a ruby' rule.

Personally, racking up bonus multipliers with A LOT of lamp spins seems to get me the best scores overall.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from alichino:

TOTAN is much more about control than TOM is. Typically, I can flail away on TOM and still have a decent game, but TOTAN requires some tight shots that can be killer if you miss. Also knowing when to spin the lamp and not is key to scoring well. If you've got something like 12 spins on the lamp, go for it and try to collect a wish. It sends the ball way out of control, though, so you can't shoot for it all game.
Also, totally grab the bonus multipliers any_ time you can. Scoring well in the game is almost entirely bonus.
Have fun with it. It's the game that got me back into pinball, so it holds a special place for me!

Thanks from a Washington county, Robert morris grad!!! Good advice!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-vs-tom-my-dose-of-reality and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.