• Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Computer-Mousepad-Mouse-Rug-1.jpg
mouserug-computer.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Work in progress on a new TOTAN topper. This topper will come with *back art, strong led lights, special lamp, and a very special genie. The topper is not finished but will be completed soon.
The smoke from the genie lamp is my patent from my special effects work. I was the first guy in the world to make the tiny smoke machine with a battery. The smoke machine size is 4X2 cm!!!! The machine does not need the liquid used in regular smoke machines or not does it need water. The machine uses not special liquid and a small amount of liquid lasts for 2500 uses. The fluid costs about $2 and can be purchased at local stores like the super market.
How it works: the topper will activate when the genie "vanish the ball" (with the magnet) and smoke will appear from the topper lamp with lights on the smoke. There will be a big genie with led lights on the eyes and strong leds in the front will appear in 0.39 milli seconds like magic!!!!!
If you have ideas when the topper should activate or any other ideas please feel free to write them here.
What do you think about this topper?

*maybe back art

#2 9 years ago

Now that is cool! Great idea and great implementation.
Simply great Lior...
+10

#3 9 years ago

That's sweet so far!

#4 9 years ago

WOW!!! Soo cool. Makes me want to get a TOTAN. Top marks A++++

#6 9 years ago

looking forward to the final thing.

#7 9 years ago

It's a cool gimmick, but idk if I want stuff all over my gameroom over time.

Can you add the jewels like the sword topper has and incorporate in the game? Game has the plug for it

#8 9 years ago

Great affect though I agree, not sure if hat residue this would add on a machine over time. Also the lamp itself it kinda plain. Any thoughts on jazzing it up? Would be great at if the smoke would be lit from underneath or something, maybe a purplish glow

#9 9 years ago

Omg this makes me want my Totan back !!!!

#10 9 years ago

looks cool; would that set off the smoke alarm?

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

water, if it's what i think it is.

#12 9 years ago

thanks guys!

Quoted from oopsallberrys:

this is not water. and not smoke liquid.... this is cannot activate smoke alarm (smoke alarm are activate only from black smoke (fire smoke))

Quoted from jrivelli:

It's a cool gimmick, but idk if I want stuff all over my gameroom over time.
Can you add the jewels like the sword topper has and incorporate in the game? Game has the plug for it

this smoke are disappear after 5 seconds and did not stay in your game room...
and where you think i need to put the jewels lights? and i dont like them... maybe i am going to sale them like add on for this topper...

*this is not regular smoke like you have in halloween or partys! this is my patent no one have this smoke machine yet... this is only for pinball and another stuff i made for magician and no water or special fluid!

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

Great affect though I agree, not sure if hat residue this would add on a machine over time. Also the lamp itself it kinda plain. Any thoughts on jazzing it up? Would be great at if the smoke would be lit from underneath or something, maybe a purplish glow

did you see my info about this topper?!
this video is only proto proto proto porto type and only for the lamp!
the smoke have light underneath. and the topper is not only lamp. only lamp is plain and the topper come with this:
How it works: the topper will activate when the genie "vanish the ball" (with the magnet) and smoke will appear from the topper lamp with lights on the smoke. There will be a big genie with led lights on the eyes and strong leds in the front will appear in 0.39 milli seconds like magic!!!!!
*you have big genie appear from the lamp with lights and maybe back art...

#14 9 years ago

that's looks nifty .... may end up wanting one for mine

#15 9 years ago

thats cool!!! nice job

#16 9 years ago

Can't wait to see the finished product, definitely some good potential here.

#17 9 years ago

Yeah can't wait to see the finished product. hoping you have a few versions for people to choose from

#18 9 years ago

Awesome mod cant wait,
Just bought an TOTAN,
Hope this mod will be shipped to Australia..

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from pinwaz:

Awesome mod cant wait,
Just bought an TOTAN,
Hope this mod will be shipped to Australia..

thanks! the shipping is worldwide. and today i will post update for the topper
so guys. where you think i need to put the jewels?

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

where you think i need to put the jewels?

The answer could get someone banned.

#21 9 years ago

It should really be a dual topper with a sword incorporated somehow.

The gems are on the scimitar, that's just how it is in the game. Find a way to incorporate them both, because yes the lamp with smoke is freakin awesome, but you need the sword too (mentally) for the complete package.

You "might" be able to accomplish this with a new design. Maybe a 3d bezeled sword with the gems in the artwork behind the lamp that you were talking about...

Of course I realize that would increase the cost by about $100 or so, but hey if you want to do it right.

#22 9 years ago

what about flying carpet in the front of the topper or in the back?
or jumping snake from a barrel?

#23 9 years ago

mouserug-computer.jpgmouserug-computer.jpg Computer-Mousepad-Mouse-Rug-1.jpgComputer-Mousepad-Mouse-Rug-1.jpg
#25 9 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

mouserug-computer.jpg 20 KB

Computer-Mousepad-Mouse-Rug-1.jp... 63 KB

hahaha not so big but yes

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

It should really be a dual topper with a sword incorporated somehow.
The gems are on the scimitar, that's just how it is in the game. Find a way to incorporate them both, because yes the lamp with smoke is freakin awesome, but you need the sword too (mentally) for the complete package.
You "might" be able to accomplish this with a new design. Maybe a 3d bezeled sword with the gems in the artwork behind the lamp that you were talking about...
Of course I realize that would increase the cost by about $100 or so, but hey if you want to do it right.

i dont like the sword.... and i dont like to copy this.... maybe i need to put the jewels in other place?

#27 9 years ago

ok. the genie artwork is not ready yet so i am using in this video a genie from disney hahaha
the original genie will be look like the genie in the game. and not from paper.... but this is only a example how the genie appear
what do you think?

#28 9 years ago

oooo wow that's gonna be really cool !!

#29 9 years ago

Very cool! I'm sure it probably isn't practical, but could you project a holographic genie onto the smoke?

#30 9 years ago

That's sweet Lior!!! Once again redefining pinball toppers
I think it's super creative and if implemented well would be a really fun topper to make any TOTAN owner happy.

#31 9 years ago

I'm in for one. Nice job.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Very cool! I'm sure it probably isn't practical, but could you project a holographic genie onto the smoke?

its not problem i can make it and i thought about it but the price will be 100$ more....
maybe i will make 2 toppers. jumping genie and holographic genie...

#35 9 years ago

I think a holographic genie is worth $100 more and especially if the owner could upload custom genies.

#36 9 years ago

It looks great, I am assuming English is a second language for the OP... I feel like I am reading one of those Nigerian Scam Emails....Dearest Sir, you have had the vague opportunity to Totan topper...

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

It looks great, I am assuming English is a second language for the OP... I feel like I am reading one of those Nigerian Scam Emails....Dearest Sir, you have had the vague opportunity to Totan topper...

Dearest Sir. haha i'm kidding yes. my english is my 4th language and i am very sorry about my poor english.... people from pinside know me...i am from israel and i speaking hebrew english and spanish and little bit chinese. and you can try to write this in hebrew this will be like my english hahaha
thanks friend and sorry for my stupid english again

#38 9 years ago

From what i see, you speak pinball very well. The rest, i don't care.

#39 9 years ago

I thought you sound great (I have friends from all over the world and often find the change in English writing style to be charming) keep up the great work

#40 9 years ago

Whoa, Holographic genies? Ok, you can loose the sword now. Although, if your programming holographic genies, why not graphics of a Scimitar like you see on the DMD when you get jewels also.
Reach for the stars!

4 years later
#41 4 years ago

What a superb thread and such clever people out there! Pure brilliance!!!
Thanks for a very interesting read, love to see more on this!

3 years later
#42 6 months ago

What ever happened with this topper? liorillusion Looks like a cool idea in the making.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
$ 84.99
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-topper-lior-rajwanmezelmods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.