EC29B51B-7FA1-4FDC-A93B-F5C2269D532D (resized).jpeg
59F11762-7EDE-4E58-BA81-A3765B6CEE2B (resized).jpeg
col11 (resized).png
col9 (resized).png
col10 (resized).png
col8 (resized).png
col7 (resized).png
col6 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jabdoa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#656 2 years ago

Exiting times! I got to play it already and it is a lot of fun. The kit allows you to enjoy is as well. It comes with everything you need (and some things you don't need but which are pretty cool). If you are at TPF you can give it a try there. We will probably publish a video of the presentation around TPF as well. You might find gameplay footage in this thread already (but don't tell anyone) .

#660 2 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

I don't want to read 14 pages of this topic... does it work with COLOR DMD?
I too just finished a HEP restoration..

It comes with a RGB DMD display (based on Pin2DMD) as shown in the picture. Not sure if COLOR DMD supports sending frames via USB. If yes that could be added but you already get a new display with the kit so that should be hopefully enough. There is more but that will be announced later.

#673 2 years ago
Quoted from spoke:

Correct me if I am wrong, but you were using P-roc, you got a ton of help from Multimorphic who makes the P-roc, you got help from those in the community who developed pyPROCgame/SG, the framework that was built for working with p-roc, you then 'decided' to change to Fast, and then got someone hack the pyprocgame/sg framework to work with Fast, so all your hard work would not be wasted.

He got help from the homebrew community. Some people associate with a certain vendor. But a lot of people don't and focus more on their game. I for example support all vendors in MPF (find a list here: https://docs.missionpinball.org/en/latest/hardware/index.html). I do not associate with any vendor.

Quoted from spoke:

I have to wonder if it will be harder for the next person to get support for their project.

As somebody who wrote significant portions of the documentation about the P-Roc (and FAST and a lot of other hardware platforms) in MPF I doubt that. I also run one of the support forums for homebrew pinball (https://groups.google.com/g/mpf-users). Again we support hardware for all vendors. Some vendors maintain their portions in MPF others are maintained by me or others. We are proud if somebody builds and produces a game with our software (such as Haggis). So within the MPF community I do not expect that and this did not happen in the past. This might be different in vendor associated communities.

Our goal here is to produce a great game with a valid license because that is why we do this stuff. This is our hobby. We do this for fun, to build a great game and share that with others.

1 week later
#685 2 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

More official infos coming really soon including the screen.

On Friday: https://texaspinball.com/tpf/fat-event/the-forgotten-tales/?sd=1648224000&ed=1648227600

#691 2 years ago

Have a look here: https://docs.the-forgotten-tales.com/. Will be updated with more information on settings and new rules later. In the installation section you can see what you will get.

Basically: New CPU, new RGB DMD, new software, new sound system, speaker bazel, new 2-way speakers, subwoofer, autolauncher, apron cards and a few cables/installation material.

#700 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

One last question - I do agree that the price is on the higher end. Will there be an option for those who just want the updated modes/rom/cpu and not the speakers, rgb panel, dmd, sub etc (items that aren’t necessary for this to work)? I already have an updated speaker system and color dmd

Unfortunately, ColorDMD won't work as those DMD frames are send in color (and not colored by the DMD). As far as I know we cannot easily send frames to ColorDMD via USB. Theoretically, we could ship it without new speakers but it would be less than 100 bucks off. I cannot publish the cost breakdown but you might image that a significant part of the costs for such a project are one time costs (such as development costs, license or various setup costs) which have to be split between the kits and then the other part is material, logistics (shipping is expensive), support and so on. Adding multiple variants increases costs in quite a few other areas so overall it would probably not save any money (i.e. support and maintenance would become more effort, other shipping boxes etc). For that reason we decided to stick for one feature set only for now. We got a lot of ideas on what you could add but you have to stop somewhere or it will never be finished. Benoit will certainly continue to add stuff to the software and we might also come up with a few more extras in the future.

I think this is a good approach for a first project. It is a lot less likely we are messing up one product with one variant than messing up one product with multiple variants. We want to make this right for everybody and that requires focus on one thing. I am certain that we missed things (the machine at TPF already showed us one) but we are here to fix those. When everything looks good we might add more add-ons or options but at the moment we simply do not have a lot of experience in distributing and supporting 2.0 kits, yet. This will hopefully change over the next few month. Hope this makes sense.

#702 2 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

is this kit 2500 euros? What is in the kit for this money? Benoit, congrats on having your dream code project available to a wider public! It is great to see how these hobby projects turn into something that you can buy.

You can see what is inside the box here: https://docs.the-forgotten-tales.com/installation/. Also the picture below shows how it looks installed inside the backbox.

#706 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

The fact that Micro is involved in this project is going to hurt sales significantly. You should try and distance your project from him. His reputation is garbage in the industry right now!

We agree that there is some room for better support at Mirco for playfields sold by him (for playfields sold by a 3d party he is not the right person to talk to). I let him talk on how he plans to improve that in the near future. However, we will separate support for this kit from playfield support very soon. That is already in the making and will happen within the next few weeks. We are very happy working with Mirco and simply would not be able to procure, finance, produce, sell and distribute those kits without his help. Sure we can do software and build a few board. However, there is quite a bit more (financially, legally etc) to bring a product to market.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 84.99
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 119.99
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jabdoa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-software-rewrite-on-p-roc-twilight-melody?tu=jabdoa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.