EC29B51B-7FA1-4FDC-A93B-F5C2269D532D (resized).jpeg
59F11762-7EDE-4E58-BA81-A3765B6CEE2B (resized).jpeg
col11 (resized).png
col9 (resized).png
col10 (resized).png
col8 (resized).png
col7 (resized).png
col6 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Toppers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#243 5 years ago

This looks so cool. First of all, thanks for bringing an already amazing game back to life and making it even better a lot of really cool things going on with this code and I really like what your doing.

Maybe for the music you could make it more like white water where it starts off simple and then as you progress through the mode it gets more and more involved? The problem I see is finding a song that does that well and doesn’t start off “too slow” have you considered scoring your own music for it? Or having someone in here do it?

1 month later
#254 4 years ago

Was that a “shadow” sound effect?!

2 months later
#299 4 years ago

Coming along awesome. I’m picking up a totan soon and will be excited to implement this! Will this be available soon? Also, I noticed the original sounds were not triggering, various sound effects and what not, is it there and just not turned up? Maybe I just didn’t hear it. If it’s not, do you plans to implement it? Keep up the good work!

#302 4 years ago

So I was referring to your extended code portion. Are you still going to utilize the sound effect that occurs when you hit the lamp, certain targets, lock a ball, when playing the other new modes? Currently it sounds like the new modes just have music in the background and no other sounds. That’s what I was referring too waiter way this is still awesome! Hopefully that makes sense now.

Quoted from noitbe1:

Thanks for your message. For the music and sounds, everything is there: check post #5.
The original code has been 100% rewritten and is 100% the same as original. (That’s when I started this thread) I’ve edited the 1st post removed the history and intent on this.
This code is the base code AND the extension but i didn’t shared much on original code since all the owners knows it. I will share video of it once done with the extension so all the videos here are part this new extension.
For this project: difficult to say but basic answer is when it’s ready. Almost all the planned modes are there.

#305 4 years ago

You amaze me with your skill sets! Thanks so much for making a great game even better! Can’t wait to try this out myself. Keep up the good work.

Quoted from noitbe1:

Also... Adding sounds is not too hard so I wanted to focus on gameplay on videos.
I’ve planned to also add new light effects.

2 weeks later
#334 4 years ago

Here’s an idea!? I know you said you have to beat the original game in order to get to the next tales/modes. What if...

Like on stern Star Trek you have Nero 1, Nero 2, Nero 3. You could have each tale be 2 layers deep. Because you can select with the left flipper before hitting genie. So the great camel race would be round 1 and then if you are on top of the great camel race again and hit genie it will start the second mode you created. That way people can still experience all of your new work that you’ve done and give much more depth to the game up front instead of in the backend.

#340 4 years ago

Thank you for clarifying!! So excited for the beta!

Quoted from noitbe1:

I’ ve thought about that and i’ll create a tip (check post 132 if you don’t know what it is)
You will be able to launch directly quest 2 (forget about saving the princess though).
You’ll need the code too. Again it means typing flippers in specific order in attract mode.
It’s a good idea (like others) and choice has to be made. You could check previous post and sorry to be short but I don’t want to explain myself forever with my own reasons, let’s sum up:
- I wanted it to be a real extension and not a reworked totan since I m attached to the original software.
- All the new modes but the new tales can be launched in the first quest (check post 1) so you’ll feel like to play the extension a lot. I ve added animations as well.
- this is planned to be hard (i mean harder than before).
THIS will need some challenge to see the end.

8 months later
#466 4 years ago

Been awhile since I checked in. When do you think there will be a test version we can start playing?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 36.95
$ 119.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Toppers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-software-rewrite-on-p-roc-twilight-melody?tu=Toppers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.